Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 8, 2014 7:07 AM

Mar 2013
Akasaka totally DOMINATED here! Thought it was a Shounen for a second, his power level was through the roof (or in this case the windowsill).
Jun 10, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
Last scene of the last episode - everybody was rooting for Tomitake to pwn them,
first scene this episode - Tomitake is captured. It was hilarious, but I feel sorry for laughing! xD

No matter how much everybody hates her, Dark Takano is still hot.

Welcome back, Shion, nice to see a Yakuza-daughter handling an AK like everyday business - way to go!

Akasaka kicked some ass there. Hard to imagine, that they're supposed to be elite soldiers. And they made the beginners mistake of every villain, to come at him one at a time! Why?? Is it that hard? And nobody thought of shooting his brains out? Well, I'm happy the good guys win! :)

Hmm, and just a few episodes ago, I really was sure to assume that Satoshi is a gonner. Well, that's that.

"Are you trying to pick a fight?"- Rika-chan
Aug 25, 2014 10:06 PM

Jan 2014
Akasaka is a name I will now forever remember. A true legend, that man is.
Sep 26, 2014 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
Akasaka is a damn beast...
Sep 27, 2014 2:13 AM

Aug 2013
Wtf is Akasaka? Terminator or something? :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 22, 2014 2:46 AM
Dec 2011
holy shit.....my other crush is in action i never expected this from AKASAKA.... every character that i love showing off their colours is so epic....AKASAKA is pissed and delivers justice to RIKA...

have to say this every character that i suspected of something is pure and good and innocent i love it and i am very glad that i was wrong about everything!...!

oh...my...god i cried so much in this episode.....in the end i cried even without me knowing with happy tears to find out that SATOSHI IS ALIVE i was so worried and was so so so sad for SHION but now i am so happy he is okay i love SATOSHI he is such a great guy :3
Nov 9, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2013
Akasaka just went GAR in 30 seconds. HOLY SHIT YOU FUCKING BADASS!!!

Wonder what's gonna happen now that they've learned that Rika's still alive?

I almost cried when I thought my dear Shion was dead! ; _ ;

Another badass episode! I hope Rena and Mion have some GAR moments too.

SATOSHI LIVES! That oughta make Shion moist...

6/5
FunnyRatmanNov 10, 2014 12:02 AM

Nov 18, 2014 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
Satoshi is alive? That's surprising, I was sure that Irie (persuaded by Takano) would have killed him already.
Nov 19, 2014 7:08 PM

Aug 2014
i screamed in joy watching akasaka whooping ass!!!! :DDD
Jan 26, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
amazing akasaka. wooow xD
Jan 31, 2015 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
Never knew that Akasaka was such a badass.
Mar 25, 2015 6:09 AM
Nov 2014
Don't know if Akasaka or Bruce Lee xD.
May 8, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2008
AKASAKA YOU ROCK!!!

AND FINALLY SHION HAS ARRIVED!!!

And wait...Satoshi is ALIVE TOO!!?!!
May 23, 2015 3:24 AM

Aug 2014
Akasaka being a badass was an awesome moment! And his power level is for sure over 9000!

Also Satoshi was alive all along, kinda surprising.
May 27, 2015 3:29 PM

Aug 2008
So re-watching and the guns vanishing still bugs me, same as Shion and her bodyguard suddenly having their own weapons back. One would think when captured (while not being shot themselves in a gunfight but whatever) that they would be disarmed but nope, left behind to be picked up once more I suppose.

I thought there were 30 dudes out there? C'mon Higurashi... you could have made this less ridiculous, I'm sure you could have done it after the great work you've done... up to the final world at any rat.
May 29, 2015 12:09 PM

Feb 2013
Ok, so apparently Akasaka trained with Bruce Lee, holy shit. I thought Tomitake was a badass, but he doesn't even compare to Akasaka rofl. This dude just took out like 7 guys! With his fists! Fuck, that shit was awesome lol!

Also, FINALLY Shion joins the group, I knew they wouldn't exclude her. I'm just glad they didn't have her get captured, or even worse...killed >_>. I'll be looking forward to seeing her kick some ass next episode.

Oh, and Satoshi is apparently alive? Color me surprised...

Guitarplayer18 said:
Great episode. I can't seem to trust the people who read the Manga though. They seem to leave spoilers. E.g. 1st comment. I hope that this is just a guess though.

Yeah, you have to be extremely careful while reading these discussion threads. I can't tell you how many times Ive been spoiled due to idiots *predicting* shit they've already read in the Manga. They could at least learn to use spoiler tags, not everyone reads the damn Manga >__>.

Basically, if anyone even mentions that they've read the Manga, avoid their posts like the plague.
Jul 24, 2015 8:32 PM

Jan 2014
I'm starting to really enjoy this!!
Oct 14, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2015
I was worried that in this world Shion wasn't protective of Satoko but it looks like I was wrong. She must have just not have bothered transferring. It was so cute when Satoko called Shion her nee-nee.

I'm also very happy that Shion told Keiichi that Mion loves him. More shipping material! Woot!

Then of course we have Satoshi. A part of me always thought he might be alive and return.

Oh and can someone please explain to me why they don't notice stuff like Rika saying that Hanyuu is a GOD? You think that would raise some questions but apparently not.
SuranaOct 14, 2015 11:59 AM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 4, 2015 1:30 PM
Aug 2012
Finally, Mion and Keiichi have the potential to become canon. This whole series is now pointing towards it. Akasaka was beast man. Watching him is inspirational.
Dec 9, 2015 2:58 PM

Feb 2014
Man... That Akasaka is an one-man army...

If he had acted since the beginning of the anime, this would have ended in 3 episodes... lol
Sep 6, 2016 2:26 AM
Nov 2010
cyruz said:
Great? Best episode? I love Higurashi to death (ha!) but I've never seen an episode before this one that felt so forced. A lot of the events felt rather shallow compared to other Kai episodes. It was still good but nothing great. However, I'm looking forward to more.

I don't want to say "worst episode ever", but I really felt like the ball was dropped pacing wise. I can't speak for the original VN, but I can't see why the deus ex machina was necessary to resolve.

I was really hoping they didn't flub the ending :/
Oct 25, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2016
What is better than a yandere with a knife (*cough cough yuno gasai cough mirai nikki cough)
its
A yandere with an AK!!!!!
Im so happy Yeheey!!! happy to see Shion is back, with an Assault rifle!!!

oh, Akasaka-san has become a badass guy

And finally the two ships has sailed, may they reach their destination Shion x Satoshi - Mion x Keiichi
Fried_PotatoOct 25, 2016 11:14 AM
Feb 10, 2017 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
bruh right when i thought they were gonna inject her my man akasaka came out of nowhere and fucked them all up! omgaa ive never been so happy and relieved in my life. He came through in the greatest of wayss omga that moment will stick with me and Satoshi is alive awe shit
Facta Non Verba
Apr 9, 2018 12:41 PM

Aug 2014
Satoshi is alive? You mean the brother who abandoned and thought his sister was a nuisance? Gross..
Apr 2, 2020 9:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, here we go. It's been such a good buildup but a few things from the episode just didn't sit right with at all.

Akasaka's inhuman strength. Where did that come from? But hey, I can excuse this. What about the 30-odd people? Clearly, it was just a handful of about 10 max. What kind of an evil organisation doesn't have enough guns at hand? This was the biggest shock, really.

Hanyuu-chan, it really is a miracle that they forgot their weapons lol.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this'll all come to an end. Satoshi-kun though, what..?!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 24, 2020 4:22 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode... give me more Rika.
May 8, 2020 4:04 PM
Apr 2019
Shion should try Hollywood with her acting skill, that was an on the edge of seat episode; two to go, time for the show down
May 28, 2020 10:22 PM
Oct 2019
Why would you not close the gate behind you when you drive up to the Sonozaki estate?

Why would all of them not just try to escape through the tunnels?

Akasaka's fighting was just a little too good for my liking.

Just some things that logically don't fit. But very much interested in the overall story and how it ends.
May 29, 2020 3:29 AM

May 2018
I never knew that Akasaka was this good at combat! The Yamainu should have just shot him instead of running up to Akasaka xD
Jun 25, 2020 11:18 AM
Oct 2011
Akasaka: The man, the myth, the LEGEND!
Jul 21, 2020 11:25 PM

Aug 2018
Akasaka is really good at fighting! Thank god Rika got saved, perfect timing!

Jul 28, 2020 3:18 AM

Nov 2016
This episode high key fucking pissing me off with them unnecessarily standing around at the bottom of the tunnel enough for their minds to be changed and hostages to be used against them. Although the Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee moment kinda made up for it (like what training do Tokyo police go through). Also, them being extremely reluctant to kill someone is also such a why moment. They're gonna come back and try to fuck with u guys again stop knocking them unconscious and shoot them with the god damn aks or martial arts em to death.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 27, 2020 4:38 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, Akasaka is a beast! Did he just straight up punch a bunch of special forces in the face? lol. They actually managed to fend off the attack of the Yamainu, now comes the counterattack.
Also kudos to Deen, that fighting scene was really well done.
Oct 18, 2020 5:01 PM

Apr 2020
What an amazing episode! When all hope was about to be lost, Akasuka came in to save the day. What a badass!
Nov 1, 2020 2:47 AM
Oct 2019
Holy SHIT!!! This episode is INSANE!!!

Akasaka-san so badass, everyone from Yamainu get destroyed...

6 punches to the face and spinning back heel kick sending Okonogi into the windshield of the van... 😄

Wait, Satoshi is alive??? 😱
Nov 13, 2020 8:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These looks pretty intensed. Not gonna expected them to had a confrontation at Sonozaki family private lands. They really went all-out there.

Well, i guess Irie and Tomitake really had a good fate on these episode knewing they were not death, yet. Lol. But, seriously, tho, his revelations at the end shocked me so much. Thats why he looked so comfy to helped out those kids, and finally decided to leak the truth. Nice! Those Shion's whispers to Keiichi was also very good. And for the last thing, Satoshi, i really need to see his conditions before they reached a true end!

Also, Dang, Kanzai and Shion arrival really helped them a lot by putting the guns fighting a bit against those pursuiter, more incoming in the next episode, i guess. Well, its not so long, after they reached a climax by capturing Rika for a while. Then Akasaka-san came in the right time, in the right place, took another great part to the party by punching all of those the rest of the shitty Yamainu teams. And those pigtail hair guy, finally got what he deserved! Nice punch there, Akasaka-san, your contribution really satisfied me a lot!

No pain no gain. There is no real miracle until you try to reach the miracle by yourself. Hanyuu did a good speech there to finally released Rika's determination, to once again, fighting against a bad end. Lets see the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 1, 2021 12:12 AM

Oct 2016
The Sonozaki sisters were great this episode. It's been hinted this arc that what happens to Satoshi might be different this arc and he survives, now it's confirmed. Irie must have been able to save Satoshi and is treating him.

Akasaka too OP please nerf. Lmao, he whooped all their asses. 2 more episodes left.
Mar 17, 2021 1:32 PM

Oct 2008
I can only say this: after I watched this episode and the next preview I can only see this theme song but with Higurashi characters in it for the next 2 eps xD:

r_justoMar 17, 2021 1:36 PM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Mar 23, 2021 4:15 PM

Oct 2015
wow, Asakasa saved the day, no wonder his name is Asakasa Mamoru (mamoru means protect in Japanese) xD

so, Shion likes Satoshi and Mion likes Keiichi... lucky guys >__<'

I wanna see a Happy End
ni-pa
Dec 26, 2021 4:31 AM
Jul 2021
Let’s go akasaka with dragon ball martial arts moves also a big revelation that Satoshi is still alive a very good episode
Dec 26, 2021 10:19 PM

Aug 2020
They got dominated.

I like how this series was a horror anime, but now it's not—just some supernatural mystery.

The end credits. Satoshi is still alive? Hhmm.

Two more episodes to go.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Mar 20, 2022 7:06 AM

Jun 2015
Why did Takano wait so long to kill Rika when she had the chance? When they captured Rika, Takano could have ordered Okonogi to kill Rika instead of bringing her alive. I understand that Takano waited because she wanted to kill Rika at the right time in order to prepare for Emergency Manual 34, but Okonogi at the time had already cut off communication and were carrying out the plan. I don't see the point in of Takano issuing an order abducting Rika alive. Why? If anything this contradicts Takano's plan, which starts with Rika's murder.
But wait it gets even weirder, Rika was aware of Emergency Manual 34 and aware that Takano wants to murder her as soon as possible, so why the fuck was Rika threatening to commit suicide? Okonogi also responds that it is bad if Rika attempted suicide.
Apr 27, 2022 9:04 AM

Dec 2015
I really hope they explain the fake bodies in previous arcs... but there are only two episodes left. And explain fake Keiichi going to the festival while his "maybe" true self was murdering Satoko's uncle. Was it Satoshi all along?
Jun 8, 2022 11:59 AM
Nov 2020
Ah yes, the Yamanui, secretive assassins, the best of the best. *Punch does absolutely nothing* Like the fuck? Lol My man Akasaka doing jump kick like nothing and tanking hits like nothing lmao. Seems like the Yaminui is no match for his the thickness of his plot armor.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.