Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jan 1, 2016 3:21 AM

Feb 2015
After watching it second time, it didn't shock me as much but still it is the turning point of this anime.
Jan 17, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2015
Holy shit lelouch
Feb 6, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
That was so fucking stupid. Lelouch is supposed to be this genius and he makes a mistake like that.
It was just such convenient and poorly scripted plot twist. I really didn't like this episode, or the one before.
Feb 19, 2016 6:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
When I first watched this episode, I didn't know how to react to it. Now watching it for the second time, I can say this was really well done. It felt like a kick to the nuts... an enjoyable kick...

5/5
Mar 3, 2016 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
Of all the things you can say, you choose to say "kill all japanese"... really?
Mar 9, 2016 11:33 AM

Aug 2014
I've made a huge mistake
- Lelouch Lamperouge

Now I see why this episode is called "Blood stained Euphy"
Mar 28, 2016 9:48 PM
Feb 2016
O_O

What the fuck?

That was fucking intense.

My god, just when I thought CG was becoming boring. It got really great again.
PM me if you want me to reply, I don't check the forums again after I reply

Apr 5, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2009
Well this episode certainly picks things up again. I was getting tired of Suzaku and Euphy's idealistic methods. For once, I'd like to see an anime take the chaos route to reach it end goal.

Euphy with that SMG was freakin' hilarious though. XD
Jun 5, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
The Geass of Absolute Obedience . It has its own limits though .
A "dreamlike story" indeed . Which has gone out of control .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2016
hoooooooooooooolllyy shitttttt YES that was awesome
Jul 25, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, the situation REALLY went wrong there....
It was actually depressing to see.
Sep 4, 2016 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
Chelle said:
I'm getting this nasty nasty feeling, that by the end of this, the only ones to survive will be Nunally and Suzaku... just a feelin'...

lol @ seeing this 9 years later and thinking how close you were to the mark.
Sep 16, 2016 12:32 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What the heck was that? A comedy omake? Did this anime decide to parody itself just now? And then they decided that it actually might be an okay plot point to throw in "for realsies"?
Wow.That's honestly gotta be one of the stupidest things I've seen done for something that's trying to be serious enough. This is seriously a plot out of a gag show that I've seen done countless times.

I was able to shrug off other things that were happening-- I was able to pretend certain things weren't too bad and go on being into the story, but this is it. This is the last straw. I get it, his Geass was acting up and we knew that could happen-- I don't even doubt that they had been planning this since the beginning. We see that they were carefully building up to this point through not only revealing a character who suffers from permanent Geass but also by showing just how close Lelouch, his sister, and Euphy could be, even showing that Lelouch did not kill Euphy when he had the chance-- or outlining what Lelouch considers important when it comes to his sister. Still, it had to happen THIS way of all ways, and I find that to be a really easy way out... or a kinda ridiculous way out.
Sighs. I'm actually really divided about this turn of events. Because while I do think it's ridiculous, it does allow us to see another point in Lelouch's conflict. He's now forced to do something he knows he doesn't want to do because of something he messed up when usually we're so used to seeing him do everything right. Previously, when things went wrong for Lelouch, something always saved his day and he went right back to being the smug little crap he is. This time, he's stuck with his actions and he has to decide between killing someone who never meant him any harm but is dangerous because of his own doing or allowing that person to live while allowing an entire group be wiped out. It's a reeeally good conflict, to be honest. Still... ugggh. If there was just some other way to make it happen-- to achieve this conflict.

I'm sure I can think of one, but until then, I think I might have to just be content with this development. I'll sleep on it.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 2, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2010
had the urge to rewatch Code Geass again, and this episode still twists my insides from all the emotional clusterfuck!! still the most memorable episode of CG for me..
Dec 20, 2016 9:53 PM

Oct 2013
Well tbh, Euphie was kinda funny.
Dec 22, 2016 12:40 PM
Apr 2014
What I thought about the end of the episode.

Feb 4, 2017 1:46 AM

Feb 2017
Finished it for the first time and man, everytime I think about this episode I become sad and depressed.
Feb 6, 2017 3:14 AM

Jul 2016
okay what just happened there? this episode is jawbreaking!
Feb 8, 2017 8:49 AM

Nov 2014
It was so awesome, sad and fucked up at the same time I'm speechless.
JustAnotherShiroFeb 8, 2017 9:26 AM
Feb 8, 2017 1:45 PM
Apr 2016
Could it be that the geass reacted since Lelouch wasn't able to fulfill the terms of the contract? I think it was kinda implied with Mao that the reason his geass got out of control was because he didn't fulfill the contract, so I think it's possible that's what happened to Lelouch.
When he formed the contract with C.C. she said that in order for him to gain the power of the geass, he would have to grant her a wish (even though it wasn't really clear what that wish was), so I think the geass went out of control because Lelouch did something that went against the wish he was supposed to grant her. He was talking about getting killed right before the geass reacted so I guess it's because he wont be able to fulfill her wish if he dies, or her wish was something about him not dying?
Idk it may be a far-fetched idea, but I thought it would be interesting to try to figure out why the geass went out of control at that exact moment, instead of calling it a convenient plot twist right away.

And what's wrong with a plot being convenient anyway? What's wrong with choosing the perfect moment for the geass to act up to create the most interesting/ dramatic event possible? EVERYTHING happening in a series is "convenient", since there are writers deciding all the time what would be most interesting to do now. Calling a plot "convenient" sounds as stupid to me as people talking about "forced drama", every drama in an anime is forced by the writers to happen. Would you guys really rather the geass to go out of control at a more realistic time, making it totally anticlimactic?

The "convenience" of it makes it brilliant and interesting, since it made for great, unpredictable and shocking drama.
Feb 17, 2017 2:06 PM
Restless One

Apr 2016
This might be the most shocking moment I have ever witnessed in any media. Bravo I say.
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.
Mar 3, 2017 10:11 AM

Dec 2016
Nice twist! I was kind of expecting this since Lelouch admitted his power to Euphy and "oh shit, I actually command her something". Still, that was pretty fun to watch. I never liked her XD
Mar 3, 2017 6:48 PM

Sep 2015
That was too convenient for me honestly. I'll give it props Lelouch had to sacrifice something to get this desirable outcome. Who knows if he'll ever be able to control his Geass again. But it reminds me of like a bad harem. Where the protagonist keeps accidentally falling into the girls boobs or something. And it's like nah it's just a misunderstanding he's not really a horrible pervert. Well same here. Like nah Lelouch just made a weird and specific joke. His powers went crazy, he's not a Machiavellian monster. I wonder if the writers would have made him concede to Euphemia, if they didn't have that in the tank for a few seconds later. And it's kind of frustrating and annoying. That Suzaku and Euphemia are just screwed now. Because of an unfair fluke. I kind of respect Lelouch seizing the opportunity though. Like you already screwed up this bad. Might as well completely turn it to your favor.
Apr 11, 2017 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
Lelouch livid.
Oh shit! Ogi hitting it.
Oh shit! Lelouch's eye just started hurting.
We're in the same year as CG and we don't have hangers like that.
Damn. Lelouch did like Euphy. The pain of losing his harem is too much.
Suzaku been seeing shit ever since C.C. made him see visions.
Lelouch ain't taking this L. lol
His eye is in pain again.
What was C.C. going to ask Suzaku?
Suzaku fainted.
Euphy is the worse enemy Lelouch has faced. She defies logic.
Lelouch accepts that he is taking the L.
HOLY FOCKING SHIT! Euphy got Geass'd without Lelouch intentionally doing it.
Lelouch did a shit job of grabbing Euphy to stop her from running away.
Holy shit at Euphy speaking at the mic. Darlton had to cut that shit off.
Dat gunshot!
Holy shit! SHe shot Darlton.
OH SHIT! THEY FIRING!
OMG! Euphy spraying everyone with the machinegun like a professional! I'm screaming!
LMAO at the Emperor.
Schneizel shook like a mother f'er!
Cornelia is coming. You'd think she would run to her knightmare given the importance of the situation but she has to walk in style.
Lelouch was like: Shut the fock up.
Dat ending. Lelouch's tear as he said those words.

Leave it to Lelouch, whose genius standards are so high, that he has to choose an example like "Kill the Japanese" instead of an example like "Give me a BJ" or "Become part of my harem, Euphy", which a normal person person would have done. smh

Also, Euphy's death happened on April 14, 2017. Crazy that I watched this 2 days before it happened.
RobApr 23, 2017 3:16 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 25, 2017 1:46 PM

May 2016
Best episode so far, what a reckless order but this made it quite good.
May 5, 2017 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
OMFG the power loses control in the right time!
it turn into a massacre, I can't believe it lmao

it look like his father already know about Lelou and his powers.
poor Euphy, she's forced to do that, and it can't be cancelled.
Jul 1, 2017 2:13 PM

May 2015
well.. that escalated quickly.
Jul 30, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2016
That was DARK

I swear, I probably wouldn't have been able to continue watching this series few years ago, it's pretty shocking.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 13, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
Winner of the biggest and most stupid coincidence of the show. Despite the fact I already knew that this series works entirely around chaining coincidences together (thanks to the 21 episodes that preceded).

That was so bad I couldn't even laugh like I should have at the big visual oxymoron of "the little cute peaceful princess holding a gun and using it on,the masses". (though, I still managed a smile after the Geass hurt Lelouch, thinking about what would happen)

So, new info ! People who just received an order can "feel it" and try to "fight it". We learn everyday.
Plus it seems Suzaku got/will get a geass power.

1/5 Either they cornered themselves thanks to their unstoppable need for turnabouts or it was just another planned step in their masterplan to create the coolest "japoniaiserie" ever. The second option being the most plausible one, based on the previous hints.

Blood splatter for nothing + princess oxymoron:
Coolness factor +999999999...9 (let's round it to 2 → 23)

@CodeBlazeFate ALERT ! ALERT ! ALL COOLNESS GAUGES OVERLOADED !
Rei_IIIAug 13, 2017 6:50 AM
Aug 13, 2017 6:11 AM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
Winner of the biggest and most stupid coincidence of the show. Despite the fact I already knew that this series works entirely around chaining coincidences together (thanks to the 21 episodes that preceded).

That was so bad I couldn't even laugh like I should have at the big visual oxymoron of "the little cute peaceful princess holding a gun and using it on,the masses". (though, I still managed a smile after the Geass hurt Lelouch, thinking about what would happen)

So, new info ! People who just received an order can "feel it" and try to "fight it". We learn everyday.

1/5 Either they cornered themselves thanks to their unstoppable need for turnabouts or it was just another planned step in their masterplan to create the coolest "japoniaiserie" ever. The second option being the most plausible one, based on the previous hints.

Blood splatter for nothing + princess oxymoron:
Coolness factor +999999999...9 (let's round it to 2 → 23)

@CodeBlazeFate ALERT ! ALERT ! ALL COOLNESS GAUGES OVERLOADED !
Yeah, I can't defend this episode. It was such a hackneyed contrivance factory, that twist.
Aug 15, 2017 10:17 PM

May 2013
Well shit, that sucks D: Euphy became a murderer ><
Sep 14, 2017 6:37 PM
Aug 2014
LMAO Euphy with that rifle going ham.
Sep 17, 2017 7:13 AM

Dec 2015
What an absolutely disgusting plot twist... The stakes just continue to rise. Definitely won't be forgetting this for a while.
~
Sep 27, 2017 6:30 PM

Aug 2015
Well that was super forced and dumb. This entire episode was one big cringe fest. People said this anime was better than Death Note but right now I'm feeling more like 6/10 and dropping
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Nov 10, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
seriously what happened just now....I feel bad for Euphy
Dec 7, 2017 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
OOOHHHH MY GOOOOOD
WTF was that
Mar 5, 2018 12:52 PM
Jan 2018
I literally cried when Euphemia ordered all the japanese to die, all because Lelouch's Geass went out of control, just like happened to Mao
Mar 27, 2018 7:09 PM
Jan 2016
Best episode of the season 5/5
May 20, 2018 3:16 AM

Mar 2017
Should have stopped right here:

Gosh how savage the writer can be..

Man I'm totally speechless by now, the final shot really nailed it with LL's tear:

Talk about karma, shit, Sunrise sure loves bringing things from the past under the disguise as debt collector (like what they did to Cowboy Bebop), brilliant. Although I must admit the fact that LL let his mouth got the best of him is like the biggest plot convenience ever, given the context that Geass has been building up over more than half of this season, it cannot be considered as an asspull. C.C warned him many times before, he is aware of it, but sometimes in life even when you're prepared to the teeth shit can still happen at the most critical situation, LL just simply experienced the worst kind of it.

Euphie is just another collateral damage in the path of LL, he must accept it, but I think the cost is too huge so it shouldn't be easy for him to get over it. It's quite ironic that up until this point, all those LL deliberately used the Geass on to force them doing something they didn't want actually had their honor salvaged while Euphie, whom LL accidentally triggered the power, got her reputation stained as dark and deep as mud. Take a look at the incompetent Japanese Liberation generals back in the earlier episodes, they only thought about running or using underhanded tactics, but LL came and forced them to commit suicide, tadaaa, the Jap loves it because it follows the Samurai's tradition. However, Euphie here who has a genuine intention of making Brit and Eleven a better place and was only rewarded with only contempt and hatred.

Other than that dramatic outcome of this episode, I enjoyed the political affairs in this one, looks like Schnizel doesn't appear to have any malicious intention (given his genuine reaction) behind Euphie's plan like I stated in the previous episode, but well he's still using her so he can get back to his job so it's not like he didn't exploit any bit of her XD.

Looks like things will get really ugly from now, Geass might have had quite some bumps over past 21 episodes but 22 is probably the best viewing experience for this anime to me.
2DEnthusiastMay 20, 2018 3:28 AM
Sep 29, 2018 4:40 PM

Feb 2017
This is so messy and depressing .. I don't get how ppl loved this episode
Oct 5, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2014
So, I take that this is the episode when everything goes to the shit.
Nov 8, 2018 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was complete bullshit.

I get it, you needed something to spark the conflict, but did it have to be the most convenient and ridiculous shit ever written?

What a bad joke.
Dec 4, 2018 9:21 PM

Feb 2017
Are you fucking kidding me?
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Dec 29, 2018 7:41 PM

Jan 2018
Man, this is so fcked up. I thought losing his friend, Shirley was enough, but this can get more and more savage from 0 to 100 level in a blink of an eye. That massive bloodshed though. Euphy will not become Lelouch's enemy, and the whole BlackKnights and Japanese.
Jan 21, 2019 9:40 AM
Apr 2018
Lelouch will end up ALONE.

It seems too convenient but I'll wait until it is shown why his Geass didn't work in the first place.

5/5
Jan 28, 2019 4:36 PM
Sep 2017
Omg, Lelouch is in trouble
Euphie killed many Japanese, that was so strange and weird
Good episode as always, 4/5
Feb 10, 2019 10:47 PM
Jan 2019
NOOOO, Lelouch, Euphi :(
Mar 10, 2019 6:37 PM
Apr 2016
Holy heck this went out wrongly...Japanese were all getting slaughtered, Geass broke at a really bad time... What a twist this episode... Awesome episode.
Apr 30, 2019 12:31 AM

Jun 2017
Holy fucking hell, holy shit, what a cesspool. OMFG. That was a surprise, Lelouch! WTF man, I thought that things are going to go fine for both of them and Euphemia and this happened. Holy hell, poor Euphy, poor ele- nipponjins. Euphy was a kindheartead girl, this is all your fault Lelouch, I honestly felt bad for her when that happened. God.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
โ€• Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 3, 2019 8:58 PM
Feb 2017
Holy, that was one hell of a turn around for that episode. Lelouch finally loses control of his Geass and commands Euphy to kill all the Japanese. What an absolute massacre. I feel so bad for both Lelouch and Euphy, looks like Euphy has to die now :/.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.