Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2014 5:39 PM
Jan 2014
Wow! I feel like Kill la Kill just became even crazier than before... and I love it!
NorWolv8Jan 31, 2014 6:19 PM
Jan 31, 2014 5:46 PM
Nov 2013
Clothing as alien? Yup, pretty much Trigger's style. Just felt Gurren Lagann now.

Also Mako, lay off the crack for a second haha, oh dear, i just can't help but laugh histerically
Jan 31, 2014 5:48 PM

Jan 2014
Lol I was having a hard time reading the subtitles when the narrator was doing the recap XD. Also, I LOVE this new opening!!!!!!! My freaking god its soooo gooooooooooood :D
Jan 31, 2014 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
So clothes are from space
Jan 31, 2014 6:09 PM
Nov 2013
Damn, so many explanations:
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1390/55/1390558143815.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1wm636/spoilers_kill_la_kill_episode_16_discussion/
Go down to:
@tundranocaps post and ClearandSweet's post too.
der4Jan 31, 2014 6:20 PM
Jan 31, 2014 6:16 PM

May 2012
99999999 out of 10 because they didn't waste a whole episode recapping 15 episodes of content, unlike certain other animes.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jan 31, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2012
I don't think that yuri incest was necessary, but haha, it was cool.
Jan 31, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2008
I liked the opening. But the the clothes being alien who helped human evolution feels really far-fetched. I feel Satsuki have her own plan aside from her mother's order. Maybe in the festival all the alien clothes will awaken from their slumber. The scene with walking rainbow molesting Satsuki was quite unpleasant.
Jan 31, 2014 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
So the tracks that play while Mikisugi is explaining what Life-Fibers are & the one that plays when Senketsu questions his creation aren't on the first OST, so they must be on a second one that hasn't been released yet. I really hope it's a short wait for it. New tracks are great, especially the remix of Blumenkranz.
Jan 31, 2014 6:36 PM

Apr 2011
First of all ... dat God-level troll from Sanketsu. "Here's a recap episode. (1 minute 30 seconds later) So that was the recap episode. On to the show!"

Secondly, dat new OP ... I dig it. The old one was getting a bit old tbh.

And wow, dat infodump. So Life Fibers are an alien species that instilled in us the desire to wear clothes, then awakened and have started taking us over. And apparently Ragyo is fully in their thrall. And fondling her daughter in a very ... interesting scene. I dug both the boobs and the chakras becoming aligned. Ryuko is pissed though, and decides (again) that she doesn't wanna fight. Dammit, stop pulling Shinjis in the middle of a crisis! Loved the explanation after weeks of pretty hardcore fighting without a whole lot of idea what's going on. Now it's time for more fighting!

Dat cliffhanger, sigh. Not a big fan of the new ED. Very sugary.

LOVING this anime. Studio Gurren does good fucking work.

5+/5
Jan 31, 2014 6:44 PM

May 2013
i thought the recap would last for about 1 episode i was glad it ended in 2 mins
cause i hate recaps

Rubbing Satsuki kind a got an erection from that :/
Jan 31, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2009
New OP is awesome. I absolutely loved it. What the hell is with Satsuki's mother though? >_>
Jan 31, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2008
Eh this show is getting old. They need to not attempt to make every scene as retarded as humanely possible. I mean it works for the comedy scenes, but when they implement it in the serious scenes it makes it fail to capture any mood.

Ah well, I guess I'll stick with it because its almost over. Recap was awesome at least.
hyperknees91Jan 31, 2014 7:07 PM
Jan 31, 2014 7:08 PM

Jul 2013
Oh wow that recap in the beginning as well as the Nudist Beach just had me laughing throughout the episode. Basically a great set up episode. Also those OST's were eargasm, especially that bath scene.

Lot's of information for the Life Fibers, and Ryuko's dad in truth of his motivations for creating Nudist Beach, and Senketsu. Satsuki's mother making the final stage for the cultural festival, looked very intrigued. Well the ending scene, felt like Ryuko is not putting up with this nonsense.

As for the OP, the way they battle it out in the background with the Title screen was awesome. For the ED, yup have some cute moments of Mako-chan XD.

Jan 31, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
The remixes were released shorty after the OST
KILL la KILL Vol.1 Bonus CD Vocal Rearrange & Remix CD
BakaAnikiJan 31, 2014 7:17 PM
Jan 31, 2014 7:18 PM

May 2012
ooomg that intro scared me; I don't really like recaps, but that was the best one I've ever seen (◕ヮ◕)
that Kiryuuin bath seen was kinda... interesting...
I love seeing Ryuuko's and Senketsu's bond though (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥﹏°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
and dat new ending; Mako's so kawaii (≖ヮ≖)

PS: I really liked Mikisugi-sensei's outfits scene ^^;;
Jan 31, 2014 7:23 PM

Dec 2012
Recap done right. New OP and ED are okay. Ryuko is about to nail some bitches
Jan 31, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
Interesting backstory. Wonder what'll happen next. Also I like the new OP.
Jan 31, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2013
bleachfan420 said:
Dat bath scene was hot.
no... it was superb
Jan 31, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, they trolled us with that quick recap.

That bath scene... oh my.

I do have a complaint about the life fibers though. So they're aliens from outer space? Maybe it'll get better, but I seriously thought that was retarded.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 31, 2014 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
BakaAniki said:
The remixes were released shorty after the OST
KILL la KILL Vol.1 Bonus CD Vocal Rearrange & Remix CD
Did not know that. Thanks.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 31, 2014 8:29 PM

Jun 2012
That bath was indeed very hot.
Best episode so far, though it still wasnt very good.
Jan 31, 2014 8:33 PM

Jan 2011
Shaft should take notes, this is how you make a recap
Jan 31, 2014 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
Kjeldoran said:
Sawano Hiroyuki needs to send Cyua the memo to fix her lousy German, or maybe switch back to singing in Japanese.
I don't speak German, but even I can tell that it's lousy, haha. However, I still think she sounds great. Just as I still love SpecialThanks, despite their brutal Engrish.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 31, 2014 9:01 PM

Sep 2010
Pipoko said:
eurgh there are people who found that scene hot. That's creepy. Especially since Satsuki clearly looked like she was in pain and uncomfortable. That wasn't played for fanservice or fun at all. It was uncomfortable and creepy, reinforcing the idea of oppression through these clothes - Ragyo is making sure her daughter remains under her "control" in the most disgusting way possible. Makes for a really effective villain, though.

As for all the actual fanservice and why that scene can't be actually considered fanservice - Firstly, the "fun" fanservice is balanced out by an equal amount of manservice. Secondly, nakedness is actually tied into the plot and themes of the series. Despite the surface there is a theme going on here and there's purpose to it. That's very separate from empty fanservice series and the reason why that scene wasn't just there to be creepy, uncomfortable fetish fuel.
I felt immensely bad for Satsuki. That entire was scene was uncomfortable and gross however I do think they pandered it to make it fanservice-y.
Jan 31, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
O-M-G, just awesome episode. I got scared when it said it was going to be a recap but they did something funny instead xD Loved the new OP (ED is meh). Finally they explained everything and I really like where the story is going! *hope in KlK restored* xD Also, at 21:15, that's a pretty strong chair xD
Jan 31, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
sentience said:
Oh my that 1-2 minute speed recap was so awesome on so many levels.

Yup
Jan 31, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2013
I actually found the episode boring and this is coming from a Kill La Kill fan! I hope episode 17 is better!
Jan 31, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
Great things about this episode:

1. The hilarious subversion of the "recap episode"
2. The effectively disturbing bathhouse scene
3. The gloriously over the top reveal about life fibers (and blatant metaphor)
4. THAT GOD DAMN OST HOLY MOTHER.

I get so hyped watching this show.
Jan 31, 2014 10:17 PM
May 2013
i think the bathroom scene with her mother was not needed.
Jan 31, 2014 10:19 PM
May 2013
Nonon_Jakuzure said:
I actually found the episode boring and this is coming from a Kill La Kill fan! I hope episode 17 is better!

Indeed.

its the only one episode i stoped in the middle to watch it another time.

Still Good 4/5
Jan 31, 2014 10:23 PM

Dec 2012
That's how you do a recap lol
Jan 31, 2014 11:23 PM

Jan 2014
Doctordrer said:
Nonon_Jakuzure said:

Indeed.

Still Good 4/5

Really? After Trigger giving us 15 episodes on afterburners, it's nice and necessary to give us one that provides some answers to all the insanity.
Feb 1, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2012
The new OP was great! It is much better than the old one.

So the skinship in the bathhouse was ok.

So now the truth has been revealed.

Great episode!!!
Feb 1, 2014 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
That's how you do a good recap.

Cute ED
Feb 1, 2014 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
helghastkillzone said:
Doctordrer said:
Nonon_Jakuzure said:

Indeed.

Still Good 4/5

Really? After Trigger giving us 15 episodes on afterburners, it's nice and necessary to give us one that provides some answers to all the insanity.

You'd be surprised by how many people who would rather watch mindless action without any explanation while hating on anything that involves any bit of talking even though it's necessary. Can't expect much from kids.
Feb 1, 2014 2:15 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode. I'm having some Yuri thoughts in the bath scene.. T_T
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 1, 2014 2:29 AM

Sep 2013
Screw you, Ms. Bigmouth Eyebrows!

Lol

edit: I bet the few weeks break was spent just for the recap.
th3pwnsh0pFeb 1, 2014 2:34 AM
Feb 1, 2014 4:01 AM
Feb 2013
animeoppai said:
Pipoko said:
eurgh there are people who found that scene hot. That's creepy. Especially since Satsuki clearly looked like she was in pain and uncomfortable. That wasn't played for fanservice or fun at all. It was uncomfortable and creepy, reinforcing the idea of oppression through these clothes - Ragyo is making sure her daughter remains under her "control" in the most disgusting way possible. Makes for a really effective villain, though.

As for all the actual fanservice and why that scene can't be actually considered fanservice - Firstly, the "fun" fanservice is balanced out by an equal amount of manservice. Secondly, nakedness is actually tied into the plot and themes of the series. Despite the surface there is a theme going on here and there's purpose to it. That's very separate from empty fanservice series and the reason why that scene wasn't just there to be creepy, uncomfortable fetish fuel.
I felt immensely bad for Satsuki. That entire was scene was uncomfortable and gross however I do think they pandered it to make it fanservice-y.

Though I agree with your last conclusion, I disagree with your first part. That bath scene was pretty hot, however you look at it (at least, for a man, and no doubt for some woman as well). Much depends on how you interpret the context however; you can see it as subjugation of Satsuki to Ragyo (and thus, dominance of the latter), but you can also see it as her mother helping out her daughter by opening her chakra's so she can better withstand the the suit (this was the in-story explanation).

Same goes for the interpretation of she being in pain and all that. Well, she was already in pain before, due to her suit taking a toll. I didn't see any signs of her being in pain from what her mother did, rather, to be honest, it seemed she came and had an orgasm (the blushing, the wriggling, the 'drop' at the end which fade-in to her head laying in the water all indicated that). One could as well say instead of feeling pain, she felt pleasure too, thus. Maybe both.

Of course, it still remains a bit creepy when you consider the context of mother-daughter, making it incestuous, which, in real life is frown upon (well, actually forbidden in most countries I think). But that's a meta interpretation coming from the viewer with real-life morals of the current age we live in (in ancient Greece, Egypt, Roman times, it wasn't all that weird that the 'top' of societal hierarchy married his own brother/sister, for instance). Morals change, however, and we're talking about a 'universe' created by a mangaka or in this case anime studio here; why would our ethics and mores be valid there? And even IF we take those mores as a given to be applied to that world, it still needs that incest-context to be found disturbing. On itself, though, you see two beautiful naked women, where on fondles the other into an orgasm. That is hot, period. It's well done yuri.

Imagine it like this: if next week Satsuki said she's fine with, and there would be a subplot revealing they are not actually mother-daughter, what complaints would you still have? Then suddenly there would be no reasons not to find it 'not hot' anymore. This shows the relative uselessness of applying real life mores on an anime or fictional world, because there is no 'real' context there, only one provided by the creators, which isn't fixed nor real.

So yeah, if you interpret it in the context of incest and her mother trying to dominate her, you may find it disturbing. If you interpret it differently, or look at it without using a particular context, the scene itself can not else be described as pretty damn hot, however. Most interpret it with both, which is why you you see many commenting on that scene with "weird/disturbing, but hot". I don't think this can be denied. Imagine you show only that scene to someone (preferably a male) who doesn't know squad about kill la kill or the (incest) context; I doubt they would find it anything but hot.
AnimageNebyFeb 1, 2014 4:05 AM
Feb 1, 2014 5:43 AM

May 2013
Nice, the origination of the Life Fibre, ey?
Feb 1, 2014 6:24 AM
Feb 2012
The new OP is really, really cool. I definitely like it better than the first one.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 1, 2014 6:39 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, so many good things was shown here
New OP & ED and a great explanation involving human evolution

The fastforward recap was a nice jab to those in anime industry making the lengthy ones
That Nudist Beach HQ was awesome like from an old Bond movie
And there were so many puns as well, the life fibers does remind me of clothwares which has Nano Technology in it. Something really important to think about

The Mako ED was sugar and spice and everything nice :3
Feb 1, 2014 6:48 AM

Sep 2010
AnimageNeby said:
animeoppai said:
Pipoko said:

Though I agree with your last conclusion, I disagree with your first part. That bath scene was pretty hot, however you look at it (at least, for a man, and no doubt for some woman as well). Much depends on how you interpret the context however; you can see it as subjugation of Satsuki to Ragyo (and thus, dominance of the latter), but you can also see it as her mother helping out her daughter by opening her chakra's so she can better withstand the the suit (this was the in-story explanation).

Same goes for the interpretation of she being in pain and all that. Well, she was already in pain before, due to her suit taking a toll. I didn't see any signs of her being in pain from what her mother did, rather, to be honest, it seemed she came and had an orgasm (the blushing, the wriggling, the 'drop' at the end which fade-in to her head laying in the water all indicated that). One could as well say instead of feeling pain, she felt pleasure too, thus. Maybe both.

Of course, it still remains a bit creepy when you consider the context of mother-daughter, making it incestuous, which, in real life is frown upon (well, actually forbidden in most countries I think). But that's a meta interpretation coming from the viewer with real-life morals of the current age we live in (in ancient Greece, Egypt, Roman times, it wasn't all that weird that the 'top' of societal hierarchy married his own brother/sister, for instance). Morals change, however, and we're talking about a 'universe' created by a mangaka or in this case anime studio here; why would our ethics and mores be valid there? And even IF we take those mores as a given to be applied to that world, it still needs that incest-context to be found disturbing. On itself, though, you see two beautiful naked women, where on fondles the other into an orgasm. That is hot, period. It's well done yuri.

Imagine it like this: if next week Satsuki said she's fine with, and there would be a subplot revealing they are not actually mother-daughter, what complaints would you still have? Then suddenly there would be no reasons not to find it 'not hot' anymore. This shows the relative uselessness of applying real life mores on an anime or fictional world, because there is no 'real' context there, only one provided by the creators, which isn't fixed nor real.

So yeah, if you interpret it in the context of incest and her mother trying to dominate her, you may find it disturbing. If you interpret it differently, or look at it without using a particular context, the scene itself can not else be described as pretty damn hot, however. Most interpret it with both, which is why you you see many commenting on that scene with "weird/disturbing, but hot". I don't think this can be denied. Imagine you show only that scene to someone (preferably a male) who doesn't know squad about kill la kill or the (incest) context; I doubt they would find it anything but hot.

Well there's no doubt that the scene was pretty hot (saying this as a girl) but we're talking about the context here. Think about it, your mom jerks you off to "open your chakras". Disgusting, right? That scene is basically a mom fingering her own daughter to "open her chakras" (which I still don't get 100%) and it's fucked up no matter what kind of relationship they have.

I actually didn't think of her in pain while she was being molested. It's normal if even if you're being raped or molested to feel arousal regardless if you like it or not so I kind of assumed that (you can read an IAMA about that subject here).
Feb 1, 2014 6:49 AM

Dec 2013
WOW That ep was soo freaking awesome, can't wait for another one.
Feb 1, 2014 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
lots of family groping and stripping
Feb 1, 2014 8:54 AM

Apr 2013
That was an amazing recap. I almost got disappointment because I thought this would be a recap episode, but it wasn't.
Pretty interesting episode, looking forward to next week.
Feb 1, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
OHH very cute ED.
Feb 1, 2014 9:33 AM
Sep 2012
AnimageNeby said:
animeoppai said:
Pipoko said:

I mentioned that I meant pain in a mental sense in another post in this thread and she definitely had some pained expressions on her face, prior to when her mother did that. Also, regardless what the relationship between Ragyo and Satsuki is, Ragyo has been shown villainous, that it's incest just makes it more uncomfortable. Even if it's not incest, they still seem to have the typical mother-daughter type of relationship. I probably phrased my point a little poorly, but Ragyo's '"Clothing is sin" line is important here. She's the one who's spreading this "sin", which makes the scene with her and Sastuki additionally uncomfortable and creepy. She wants her to cover up, is what I mean by "controlling" her, she wants her to be just like all the masses that wear the clothes. The intention is behbind the scene is pretty clear to me. I mean, in the end it's a mother sexually abusing her daughter.

tl; dr Of course it can just come across as creepy fetish fuel and pandering, but to me personally(and thankfully!) that doesn't seem to be the actual intention at all considering the previous scenes with Ragyo. Context is very important here. If they end up just brushing over it, taking it lightly, end up playing it up as fun or something like that I'll just drop the series.
PipokoFeb 1, 2014 10:41 AM
Feb 1, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
Wow. That fanservice... Am I the only one who saw Kiryuin's tit? and I think her mother has a daughter complex haha. Clothes started the world? HA! Weirdest thing I've ever heard.

I actually watched the new opening through and I liked the fast recap. THAT's how it should be! lol

Moderator Edit
Posts combined. Please do not double post
Suzune-chanFeb 1, 2014 11:07 AM
Feb 1, 2014 11:46 AM
Jan 2014
Did not see that alien thing coming.

The new OP is okay I guess, but the ED is meh.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.