Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NEW OP SONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I like it tbh. It highlights some of the bloody moments the main characters faces. Dat lyrics.
Mako was pretty damn silly again. Some of the scenes were HOT this episode. Satsuki-sama <3. I hope BD uncensors some of those scenes though.

OST is good as usual.

Pissed off Ryoko is freaking awesome. Take it off, take it all off. I thought the new ED song is alright. That ending though, another week of waiting. ;.;
Jan 30, 2014 10:04 AM

May 2012
Ok I didn't think much of that opening at first and maybe I still don't, but it is kinda jaw dropping...
Also I guess they really are pushing the fact that the show does revolve around clothing, which kinda helps with the fact that it doesn't feel 100% fanservice like what people are saying?
Jan 30, 2014 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
When the opening came out said this episode was a recap episode, I knew I shouldn't believe what Hiroyuki Imaishi said, and wow, what an episode! New OP and ED are awesome too! BTW: Such setting... Gurren Lagann plus 2001 A Space Odyssey??
Jan 30, 2014 10:18 AM

Oct 2011
All I can say until Subs are out:

RAPE.
SPACE.
FAMILY.
EVOLUTION.
FREEDOM
INSTRUMENTALITY.
CHOSEN ONE.
NUI.

*Ahem* That is all.
BRSxIgnitionJan 30, 2014 10:25 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 30, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2012
Oh my that 1-2 minute speed recap was so awesome on so many levels.
Jan 30, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
Aliens are the big twist and yurishit..I hoped that this ep would change the status of this anime from dropped to watching...nope.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Jan 30, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2011
Notchrishansen said:
Aliens are the big twist and yurishit..I hoped that this ep would change the status of this anime from dropped to watching...nope.
Course, because you know.. You can totally understand an episode that is 80% talking without subs.

Save your hate until you know what they said, or get out. If it's dropped, you don't need to be posting here.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Jan 30, 2014 11:04 AM

Oct 2008
I'm still amazed that there are still some people left who obviously have nothing better to do than posting here how "yurishit" this anime is.

Also that ED. I think I got cavities.
Jan 30, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
The subs German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese are ready in daisuki.
I like the twist. The original biofiber is an alien.

The remaining 8 episodes look very well.

Opening good
Ending meeh
Jan 30, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
Notchrishansen said:
Course, because you know.. You can totally understand an episode that is 80% talking without subs.

Save your hate until you know what they said, or get out. If it's dropped, you don't need to be posting here.

So, we can say how much we love the series but we can't express distaste and disappointment. I'll just read this sypnosis because I've seen enough...enjoy the series, folks.
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Jan 30, 2014 11:28 AM

May 2008
So... Dr. Matoi made Senketsu because he knew Ryuko had an impressively high compatibility to Life Fibers? So then that might be why she can communicate with Senketsu as well as have multiple forms of him. I'm probably wrong since my Japanese is so very rusty.

It's interesting nonetheless, given that Satsuki is clearly forcing Junketsu on herself as opposed to Ryuko's bond with Senketsu. Maybe that chakra thing that Ragyou did might help Satsuki later then? She seemed pretty unhappy about it though.

Good new OP. I like it better than the first.
Jan 30, 2014 11:33 AM

Oct 2011
Notchrishansen said:

So, we can say how much we love the series but we can't express distaste and disappointment. I'll just read this sypnosis because I've seen enough...enjoy the series, folks.
You're more than free to state your dislike of the show - just do so after knowing exactly what happened. Stating blind hate is rather pitiful.

Once you know what was actually said during this infodump of an episode, then you can comment on it. Even I'm saving my thoughts until I fully understand everything that went on.
Jan 30, 2014 11:48 AM

Feb 2013
The speed recap was pretty awesome.
I also like the new OP, I think it's better than the first one. Satsuki-sama <3
The Life Fibers are aliens from space feeding on humans? Trigger doesn't disappoint me.
The new ED song is alright but I really loved the Mako video though.

Jan 30, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2012
ShirayukiSumire said:
The Life Fibers are aliens from space feeding on humans? Trigger doesn't disappoint me.

If that's true that is pretty big and that is why Senketsu was so shocked too.

(Gosh what with the huge plot twists today, Samurai Flamenco also had an unbelievable one with the stupidity gone away.)
Jan 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
dat op

dat ed

making fun of all the recap episodes in animes

and ofc we now know what is going on.

awesome ep cannot wait for the rest. trigger does not disappoint

now all we need is satsuki and ryuko doing a life fiber combination and senketsu and junketsu turn into a giant kamui mech and fight against ragyo who absorbed the life fiber core itself
Jan 30, 2014 2:18 PM
May 2012
What's taking the subbers so long lately? I remember first 10 episodes were all released very early, like 2-3 hours after airing, but lately it takes them around a day or so?

I'm not being a dick, I'm simply curious. Did the demand for the show decrease?
Jan 30, 2014 2:39 PM

May 2008
fanatrick said:
What's taking the subbers so long lately? I remember first 10 episodes were all released very early, like 2-3 hours after airing, but lately it takes them around a day or so?

I'm not being a dick, I'm simply curious. Did the demand for the show decrease?

Crunchyroll delayed it since they're having "technical issues." It's out on Daisuki in multiple other languages if you can't wait.
Jan 30, 2014 3:02 PM

Apr 2012
That OST during the bath scene was mesmerising, I just hope they release it soon.

Satsuki still #1 and Life Fiber are space parasites... Didn't see it coming.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jan 30, 2014 3:17 PM

Sep 2012
And where most anime spend a whole episode for a recap...
Kill la Kill does it in a minute 30.

And ragyo's back in all her daughter-molesting glory, In a scene where the fanservice may be simply gratuitous instead of thematic this time around.

I don't mind, because it really doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the show.
PortalityJan 30, 2014 3:32 PM
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Jan 30, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Aloxamax said:
That OST during the bath scene was mesmerising, I just hope they release it soon.

I guess it is (or a new version ?) of Kill la Kill/キルラキル OST 04 - Blumenkranz

Portality said:
And where most anime spend a whole episode for a recap...
Kill la Kill does it in a minute 30.

This

---------------------------

Ahah Matoi on Satsuki's eyebrows ! :D

Well, getting interesting, even if we kinda saw "Matoi Vs the Kiryuuin". The origin of life fiber is classic but it fits well. I expect Satsuki to betray her mother and joins Matoi because she seemed doubtful about that plan. --> Satsuki and Matoi team up at the end of the OP ?

Does Junketsu have a personality like Senketsu ? Can he communicate with Satsuki ? (seems like he's evil)

That bath scene ! ;D

That last OST (when Ragyou orders the beginning of the plan and leaves Satsuki) is just divine.

PREVIEW EPISODE 17
VeryNicePersonJan 30, 2014 3:29 PM
Jan 30, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Man... that new op is really great

Edit: i just notice the blumenkranz ost is that the new version?
LittorioJan 30, 2014 3:42 PM
Jan 30, 2014 4:20 PM
Mar 2012
Daisuiki foreign languages are so easy to translate to english but I wonder why are they not doing it?
Jan 30, 2014 4:21 PM
Oct 2010
Was it me or did the new OP seem on the cheap side? And that bath scene was a bit much.
GD1551Jan 30, 2014 4:34 PM
Jan 30, 2014 4:27 PM
Jul 2013
Tremendous Senketsu summary. Very interesting was the whole episode. I never get tired of Mikisugi and his nude attitude.

Dat picture: http://i60.tinypic.com/28ciziu.jpg
Jan 30, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2007
Hahaha. Between my ability to sort of understand written Spanish and all the spoken Japanese i'm familiar with from watching anime, i can sort of get by with Spanish subs. I'll probably have to rewatch it, though, so hurry up with the English.... ;_;

LET'S SKINNY DIVING!!
Jan 30, 2014 6:10 PM

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Was it me or did the new OP seem on the cheap side? And that bath scene was a bit much.

Yeah it was rather cheap with that no animation movement walk lol, but can't really blame them since this is Studio Triggers 1st large production animation series :/ The budget's tight as it is.
Jan 30, 2014 6:16 PM
May 2012
zerochan said:
Daisuiki foreign languages are so easy to translate to english but I wonder why are they not doing it?

I agree, most likely they are in some sort of agreement with someone, idk, makes no sense otherwise.
Jan 30, 2014 6:43 PM
Nov 2013
Just waiting for the english sub...even others like HorribleSubs ain't doing theirs yet. I just find watching it w/o subs is crucial!

Loving the new OP though! I suppose the ED and OP fits more of Satsuki's theme than Ryuukos...the azure blue with white is just chilling imo!
der4Jan 30, 2014 6:50 PM
Jan 30, 2014 7:02 PM
May 2012
der4 said:
Just waiting for the english sub...even others like HorribleSubs ain't doing theirs yet. I just find watching it w/o subs is crucial!

Loving the new OP though! I suppose the ED and OP fits more of Satsuki's theme than Ryuukos...the azure blue with white is just chilling imo!

HorribleSubs are ripping from CrunchyRoll, and CR delayed this episode by 12 hours for some reason. Where's underwater when you need them? Do they rip CR too? D:
Jan 30, 2014 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
Senketsu doing a recap even if knowing that it will annoy us xD

The sensei is so awesome :P
NUDIIIISTOOO BEACH.

Satsuki mom doing lewd thing to her daughter again. They have such a weird relationship... I wonder what that Sport and Culture festival is.

Mako imagination is just perfect, that exactly how I saw Ryuuko father xD

Mako sleeping over and over again was hilarious. Also that Mako fan service ED was awesome :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 30, 2014 7:41 PM
May 2012
Underwater sub is out on nyaa!
I think I'll count on this guys from now on.
Jan 30, 2014 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
As soon as it said "recap episode," I was going to close it, but then it did a speed up ver of it. So funny xD.
Jan 30, 2014 8:13 PM

Nov 2013
I apologize for my overreaction earlier...Screw it, I've come this far, might as well finish the series.

The Blumenkratz remix was pretty cool and so was the new OP, visuals included (hmm Senketsu opens both eyes and Junketsu will have six, looks like there's more upgrades to come). I still think the bath scene was unnecessary even if it was 'repairing her chakra'. I feel it was another way for Trigger to throw more sexual elements into the series as if we don't have enough.

So, the origin of all life in the world or what helped with the evolution of it, of KLK...is life fibers. We're going with ancient aliens. So...if Life Fibers consume, why does COVERS want to cover the world in clothing. Wont it slowly kill them?

Ryuko is 'the chosen one' but she doesn't want to answer the call because if she used Senketsu for battle, Senketsu would be committing genocide of his own people. I wonder how Senketsu feels about 'killing his own kind'.

Meh 2/5. I didn't like the big twist and the 'chosen one' trope was way too cliche. I chuckled at a few parts, dat beginning recap. The self-aware fast paced remark made me grin.
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Jan 30, 2014 8:14 PM

May 2010
that recap was on crack! good shit.
Jan 30, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2012
The whole drama at the end of the ep was really forced and ruined the episode for me.
"WAIT SO SENKETSU IS KILLING HIS OWN KIND HE'S ONLY A WEAPON TO YOU?"
Ryuko, YOU'VE BEEN KILLING LIFE FIBERS FOR THE PAST 15 EPISODES. Why does this matter now? Why does it matter at all? Life fibers are going to kill the people you love. OH, BUT YOU CAN'T BECAUSE SENKESTSU IS KILLING HIS EVIL KIND, RIGHT?
Only good things that came from the episode is mako (as always), New OP (It's kickass, the old OP was forgettable) the new ED (an ED revolving around mako 10/10) and that SatsukixRagyo bath scene

Decent episode that got ruined at the end, hope the forced drama doesn't get in the way for next week's ep.
Jan 30, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2009
that recap at the beginning scared me. almost closed it lol.

and what's with that guy's issue. go ahead and kill senketsu. youll be royally screwed anyway lul.
Jan 30, 2014 8:37 PM

Apr 2013
Ehe a fast.. very fast recap. I like Satsuki in the bath, so she's pushing herself wearing Junketsu.
I think Satsuki will ally with Ryuuko, can't wait for that.
It is nice how Ryuuko wants to protect Senketsu and Senketsu wants to protect her.

III can't wait for the next episode. This is getting better and better and i'll definetly rewatch it.
Jan 30, 2014 8:48 PM

Apr 2012
interesting interesting episode. cool new op and best recap eeeeveerrrr.
but im so confused with what satsuki's mother did to satsuki??? like was it implied sexy stuff or was it just some other shit animated to look like sexy stuff?? weird weird
but loved the whole background check, makes the series more interesting for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 8:51 PM
Aug 2013
Loved the recap at the beginning. New Op song is good too.
Jan 30, 2014 8:51 PM

Sep 2013
OP: really awesome I love the part were the blood painted the logo.
ED: fuck yeah mako!
Twist: EVOLUTION MOTHERFUCKERS! It's getter robo/ gurren lagann time!
Wincest: Oh yeah baby.
Jan 30, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
ALIENS AND SATSUKI MOANING. Gud stuff.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 30, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 2012
Loving the new OP. The new ED isn't too bad either. But seriously Trigger? What was that nonsensical bullshit you were spouting about how the OP and ED can ABSOLUTELY NOT BE SHOW BEFORE EPISODE 16 AS IT CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE STORY AND MAKO'S DEVELOPMENT. I mean sure, the ED might suggest something of Mako but I'm getting tired of Trigger overhyping these episodes. Good episode regardless, recap was great.
Jan 30, 2014 8:53 PM
May 2012
Meg-nyan said:
but im so confused with what satsuki's mother did to satsuki??? like was it implied sexy stuff or was it just some other shit animated to look like sexy stuff?? weird weird

The series is full of hints about sexuality being the reason of humanity's usage of clothing in the first place.
Jan 30, 2014 9:01 PM

Sep 2013
Entravity said:
ALIENS AND SATSUKI MOANING. Gud stuff.
Jan 30, 2014 9:05 PM

Mar 2011
I like how this show panders to both demographics. Male fans can drool over yuricest and then all of a sudden Aikuro pops out of nowhere with his sparkling body and evolution lesson in drag.

/It's for the plot, guys; for the plot./
Jan 30, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2012
Lol best recap episode in the history of anime! Fast forward!
Jan 30, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2010
So damn awesome. So much more information Nudist Beach, Satsuki's famiy & life fibers.

The new OP + ED are great.
Jan 30, 2014 9:23 PM

Nov 2013
fanatrick said:
Meg-nyan said:

The series is full of hints about sexuality being the reason of humanity's usage of clothing in the first place.

Really? because I felt it was just pandering. Sure some of the fanservicy stuff in the series so far has had some kind of purpose (Nudist Beach, Gamagoori being powered by masochism, and when people lose they get 'stripped of the will to fight') but here, I just feel like it was tossed in just for fap fuel disguised as a 'healing method'.
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Jan 30, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great backstory and soundtrack this episode.
Jan 30, 2014 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
Aloxamax said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-N3MS1YKeo

Here you go.

About the episode. Honestly, I don't understand Ryuko's reaction at the end at all. She's talking like Aikurou directly said Senketsu "wasn't a person". All he said was that he was created for the purpose of fighting the Life Fibers.

She was hellbent on getting revenge before. Now she finds out that there's an entire underground organization that's basically on her side and is helping her get her revenge, and she's pissed at them now because what? So what if "she's being used" (and that's really the harshest meaning you can extract from his speech), she'd be fulfilling her father's wishes by cooperating with them, and fighting without Senketsu is fucking stupid of her.

Maybe I should just stop thinking and getting mildly confused over stuff that'll probably be resolved in like 2 minutes next week.
meltenvyJan 30, 2014 9:38 PM
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.