Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2014 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP song!!

And yup, everyone is preparing :3.
Ahh Aila meets Reiji again. I foreshadow an upcoming match between them in the future in the tournament. When that happens, I'll look forward to it of course.

The battles were decent I guess. Oh shit, they're in the waters now. This is an awesome race though, so intense. The new ED song is cute!
Jan 13, 2014 4:05 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome OP, spotted Exia dark matter and Master gundam in there?, that Ral age joke.

lol Heero Yuy at the end of the 3 team battle fight.

Mobile Suit Gundam: 35 years old
Mr. Ral: 35 years old
Jan 13, 2014 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
I hope the cheating is over with but i doubt it.

So glad Reiji kicked in the door at the end. lol

Who is the Char of this series Aila or the Meiji?

@5596050
Nice catch
Jan 13, 2014 5:17 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this ep :D

DAT OP!!! So AWESOME! Both animation and song. Even the Lyrics are amazing :D

The ep was annoying but epic at the same time XD

Nice seeing Aila not acting all cold in front of Reiji now that she knows about him and Gunpla. She's just too cute. I'm sure she just needs some love and she'll be just fine ^^...Also she might need to lose in a battle to see what's the fun about it :D

The race was really good. Dat Discharge is just so BOSS. How they just flew past all of them with a huge difference Reminded me of Vettel lol XD
Unfortunately they got stopped by that bastard. Ral ossan showed whose BOSS there :D Like a BA ^^

Lol'd so much at Rinko's reactions throughout this. So hilarious and Kawaiii <3
Especially the one she was shaking the TV hahahaha XDXDXD and the Yossha XD Really best MILF ever :3

The way they caught up was so adrenaline pumping >.< Too bad they were just one millisecond short :(...Doesn't change the fact it was EPIC :D

The end was so hilarious. Dat Cliffhanger. Reiji's gonna make him regret ever messing with him hahaha. He pissed his pants lol. So seems like Reiji really knows who's in charge of the BS that's happening to them. He was holding back but now time to kick ass XD

The ED was cute :)

And PV looks nice. So last challenge is a Battle? This is gonna be tough against Fellini ^^
Jan 13, 2014 6:02 AM

Sep 2009
epic opening. Love the episode. This is a brilliant series.
Jan 13, 2014 6:09 AM

Sep 2011
Dat new Op and DAT SHINING FINGER

Had a feeling that Aila's feeling would be similar to Reiji after Yuuki's withdrawal. Questioning why people take so seriously about a game.
Betting Reiji will be the spark to light her passions for Gunpla battles.

LOL at that Soma and Chibodee look a likes. For a moment there at the 3v3 battle, I thought that purple V2 Gundam was a Zanspine. omg... If bandai announced a HG Zanspine I would pre-order it with no hesitation.
Good to see the Build MKII again. Nice that it will still gonna be used.

And of course the hero of the week, Mr. Ral.

Was hoping Yuuki would caught on the shitty chairmans bullshit and kick down the door but holy shit it was Reiji instead. My god... They made my wish even better...
Jan 13, 2014 6:33 AM

May 2013
That gundam race was good. Just a bit more and they could have won the race. Oh man that ending.
Jan 13, 2014 6:51 AM

Sep 2011
This toys war becoming more dramatic, just like the parents'.
Sugoii OP, ED too...

Despite of the main part, that Reiji banging into the D*ckhead's office like none of his business was awesome.

... one of the mislead
http://imgur.com/zjqCr9g
greansealJan 13, 2014 7:02 AM
Kon'nichiwa!
Ogenkidesuka?

For those who play 3DS, please add my Friend Code
0662-3506-8849
Jan 13, 2014 7:07 AM

Sep 2010
Reiji smashing through the chairman's door was hella badass. Now I can't wait to see what happens next and the Star Build Strike Vs. Wing Gundam Feince (sp?) battle.

Loved the new opening, but the ending not so much...

Does anyone know how many cour this series is we are starting the second one now. Are we going to have a 24 episode series or the usual 48~49?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 13, 2014 9:45 AM
Apr 2011
Build Strike can use Shining Finger?!
Jan 13, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2012
NEW OP!

Pretty much expected them to lose at some point.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 13, 2014 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
This Ral-ossan x Mysterious C man battle was too manly *3*
Yaru ne, Ossan !
Also, I want to know more about Aila-chan's past... Great episode !
Jan 13, 2014 10:48 AM
Dec 2013
Lt. Clamp is that you? Did you foget Captain's face?
Jan 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
new op!! great op :3
this episode was intense! Mr.Ral is awesome! It was an amazing comeback for Reiji and Iori but in the end they lost ._. Reiji looked pissed
Jan 13, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
Ral's 35 xDDD

Getting really tired of that cheesy chairman -___-
Jan 13, 2014 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
Love the new OP!
Jan 13, 2014 3:41 PM
Oct 2010
Great ep, unfortunate that they lost, but it had to happen sometime. Makes around 7 more interesting.
Jan 13, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
Epic move from Ral. Now time for the chairman to get a punch in the face. Getting tired of his cheap tricks..
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jan 13, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
I don't care much for the whole sabotaging thing.

If they wanted them to lose, they should have just put them in the same bracket as other some of the other powerful competition. They never have ended up in the same qualifiers yet aside from the battle Royale
Jan 13, 2014 5:54 PM

Sep 2013
The new opening sort of makes me wish that the battles more than models in a competition. I liked the new ending too. The episode was enjoyable, much better than the previous one.

Questions:

No one questioned or looked into why Sei and Reiji mysteriously sunk? Did they not report that they were attacked by gunpla? Did the previous rounds have gunpla interruptions too?

Reiji knew both the location and who the chairman was the entire time?
Jan 13, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2012
The Op and especially Ed aren't quite as pleasing as the old ones, but I hope they'll grow on me. But it's nice to know we're going for the 4 opening tradition of recent Gundam.

C's character was really just a means to an end, hope to see more of him in the future and maybe another Ral brawl but I doubt it'll come anytime soon.

This episode really kept me on the edge of my seat, especially towards the final stretch.
So Luang is back in the running! Hopefully we see a nice grudge match between he and the SBS.
If Sei and Reiji are now in 17th place when only 16 are allowed into the championship, why do they make it seem like we're going to have them fight Fellini next episode? Riccardo should have a guaranteed spot in the finals by now, unlike the 7 people placed ahead of Sei & Reiji whom lost the race but won all of their matches.
The way this point system is organized wouldn't be so confusing if they actually showed us who had what point values beforehand, and there are so many damn stages to this game some of them based more on luck than actual skill.

I mean, team basketball, team skirmishes, firing ranges? What if you've entered say an Epyon or a Speigel into the competition and have no firearms to use. What if you're using the 23m tall Sazabi in basketball vs a 15.2m Victory Gundam.
I mean sure you may be able to swap out one mobile suit for another but I feel they only really specified that during this race so it may not apply to every other stage.

Aila is still my least favorite Gundam Character in the franchise but I'll let it go seeing as this series has some greats (Mao, Yuuki, Meijin, Nils, Luang, maybe even Riccardo)

I'd like to see those SEED hugging Renato brothers and their ugly BuCUE get smacked down just like that V2 Custom was in the team battle.
I'd also like to of learned more about that Mercurius' pilot from that battle, looks like he's already faded off into obscurity as we never saw a face, and after their battle Mao and Sei didn't even notice him.

I really hate how the final tournament will only include 16 fighters.
The most Sei and Reiji will get in is 4 battles, that means Luang, Renato and Riccardo will likely face someone other than Reiji, less we axe either Nils, Mao, Aila, or Meijin which I highly doubt will be the case.
And even then Nils and Mao will probably be set on the back burner which I truly loathe.

I'm getting tired of the constant Rainer gags everytime Riccardo is on screen, his unique color scheme is great and the loto he was piloting this episode looked classy but they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with his character.
Oh well, here's to another 35 episodes.

This show is as good as the first half of Age now, although the style is much different.

Edit: After a second viewing the Op has really grown on me, especially the clips of SBS vs Quebley and SBS vs Kämpfen Amazing.
OchimushaJan 18, 2014 10:59 AM
Jan 13, 2014 8:20 PM
Jul 2012
I love this episode, like most of this entire show. Aila was being a lot more suspicious this time around Reiji, seems she kind of cut ties with him, sort of. So, she was hired because she has some special ability? Im guessing she doesn't like Gunpla because all she feels is just the regret of having to destroy people's hard work, that is their Gunpla. She can't see it as just a game, nor the fun. Reiji on the other hand, sees the fun in it, and understands(I think) that the competitors will come back around even stronger than before with Gunplas even better than before.

Honestly, in the race I was hoping to see the dive mode being used, but I got pissed off. THE FREAKING CHEATING! That C is going to have to be the standard Gundam beatdown by Ral! And they were so close, I knew they wouldn't win, but some on! Their competitor just had to be so sure of himself!

Reiji, I LOVE YOU! Not in love love way, but just the love way. You freaking go into that bastard of a CEO's office, kick down his room's door while he is enjoying his wine. I recommend, sir, the Reiji Kick up your arse and the Reiji gonna f*ck you up! If you are a WEAK WORTHLESS MONGREL, which you are, I think you had best just go with the "REIJI GOING TO YELL/COMPLAIN TO YOU TO ABOUT THE CHEATING! And then you go pack your things and live as you cry down the hallway to your personal heli that will take you home to your SCUMBAG CAVE WITH NO RICHES AND NOT A DAMN SAP OF LIGHT FOR YOUR GOD AWFUL EYES!" Or you can just run away and commit suicide :) PLEASE make your choice.
Jan 13, 2014 8:28 PM
Oct 2010
Cream_Soda said:

If they wanted them to lose, they should have just put them in the same bracket as other some of the other powerful competition. They never have ended up in the same qualifiers yet aside from the battle Royale

That's actually a bad idea, because if they happen to beat the powerful competition then a famous competitor gets knocked out and that's bad for ratings.
Jan 13, 2014 9:42 PM
May 2013
Okay episode. Mr. Ral is a bro.
Jan 13, 2014 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
skudoops said:
Cream_Soda said:

That's actually a bad idea, because if they happen to beat the powerful competition then a famous competitor gets knocked out and that's bad for ratings.

I completely forgot that the whole thing is played for ratings too. That's why all the top contenders are in their own separate brackets. It's kind of unfair for the upstarts though.
Jan 13, 2014 11:46 PM
Mar 2012
Damn, didn't expect them to lose. Not going to lie, I prefer the old OP/ED more
Jan 14, 2014 1:19 AM

Jan 2013
New OP, good. Same with the ED.
Nice out of battle conflict.
Jan 14, 2014 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
skudoops said:
Cream_Soda said:

They already put him against Dallarla; could have just done it again and had him win this time. (putting Dalllarla back in the run and increasing the little rivalry they had going on)
Cream_SodaJan 14, 2014 2:54 AM
Jan 14, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2012
Well, at least BACK-ON is still on the OP.
Jan 14, 2014 3:30 AM

Apr 2012
5596050 said:
Awesome OP, spotted Exia dark matter and Master gundam in there?,

Glad to know I'm not the only one who saw Master Gundam there! It seems that Exia Dark Matter will be related to the Chairman in some way... will he be a pilot?

Loved the ep... them losing was a nice twist. Looks like the Renato bros are getting the Sniper K9, it matches the green color scheme of their Hy-gogg and BuCue.

Nice to see the Build MK-II getting some use! It's good to know it's not being left to rust. There are so many MS cameos in this ep, I had to go back to identify them all! Screamed like a fangirl when the Moebius appeared because I'm a big Mu La Flaga fan :)
And I still missed some-like the guys at the sniper event, and that MA Cziommer was using.

The OP was cool, nice to see the new mechs in action. The struggle between Star Build Strike and Qubeley Papillon looked liked Wing Zero VS Epyon from gundam wing op 2.

Damn Tentacle-raping Zeong... wonder who that man is, and how Ral knows him.

Love how the chairman is already celebrating success then Reiji barges in like that! I hope he gives the chairman a beating.

Great cameos (Sergei Smirnov, Heero Yuy, Soma Peries, Chibodee Crocket).

Overall awesome ep! Can't wait for the next one, hope they show Reiji beating up the chairman to show who's boss!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 14, 2014 3:43 AM
Oct 2010
Cream_Soda said:
skudoops said:
Cream_Soda said:

They already put him against Dallarla; could have just done it again and had him win this time. (putting Dalllarla back in the run and increasing the little rivalry they had going on)

True, but they were 100% sure he'd win though.
Jan 14, 2014 4:21 AM

Feb 2009
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I'd also like to of learned more about that Mercurius' pilot from that battle, looks like he's already faded off into obscurity as we never saw a face, and after their battle Mao and Sei didn't even notice him.
Like the others mentioned, a pilot that looked like Heero Yuy made a cameo in this episode, just like the Chibodee and Soma Peries lookalikes. Most likely he's the pilot for that unit.
Here's a screenshot, and you can see that the Gunpla on the table is color red. Though this pilot looks like a woman. Genderbent Heero? Goddammit Sunrise.

I think I saw Gundam Spiegel there in the 5th round. The V2 has a weird color scheme. And why didn't the Kyrios use Trans-Am? It could have pulled a win there :P
belatkuroJan 14, 2014 4:36 AM
Jan 14, 2014 6:47 AM

Sep 2011
belatkuro said:
And why didn't the Kyrios use Trans-Am? It could have pulled a win there :P

Who knows

Could be the pilot didnt want to risk getting it wreaked due to Trans-Am will reduce the units performance after Trans-Am is done.

Im gonna leave this link of lists of cameos that appeared in this episode
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/01/gundam-build-fighters-episode-14_1185.html
Jan 14, 2014 3:12 PM
Oct 2010
Esclair said:
skudoops said:
Cream_Soda said:

I completely forgot that the whole thing is played for ratings too. That's why all the top contenders are in their own separate brackets. It's kind of unfair for the upstarts though.

Missed your post first time, but that actually happens in sports IRL. It's called seeding, for instance in football (actual football not American version) there's the Champions League, and the teams that perform the best are placed into tiers so they never actually meet each other until in the later rounds.
Jan 14, 2014 4:26 PM

Oct 2011
Reiji will do some convincing on that guy!!!
Jan 14, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2012
Reiji has come there to chew bubblegum and kick ass.

and he is all out of bubblegum...
Jan 14, 2014 8:17 PM

Feb 2011
As always there's someone that is interfering with Sei and Reji battle/race :p. By looking at that preview, it looks like Sei and Reiji is going to battle with Ricardo now! I'm not sure what will they do >.<

As the new OP it was decent, i still prefer the first one better. And for the new ED it's not good as the first one.
Jan 15, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
Roloko said:

Does anyone know how many cour this series is we are starting the second one now. Are we going to have a 24 episode series or the usual 48~49?

There was a discussion about this series in gamefaqs forums and they mentioned that the series is going to be 2 cour (24-26). Can not say for sure though.

About the episode: That was a sad outcome to the race, but they had to lose at some point. I was actually expecting Meijin to go to the chairman´s office, but Reiji looked badass.
I am interested in Aila´s past and in the next episode.
Jan 15, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2009
Quite a sporty event this time with the rifle shooting, ball tossing, mini skirmish and the race. Seems like the director really is going quite far to get rid of Reiji. A heroic like approach by Ral to save Sei and Reiji from that Gunpla and it seems like they are in quite a pinch ending up in 17th place of the qualifying rounds. I wonder what past Ail holds as it clearly shows she detests Gunpla battles during her small scene with Reiji. That ending scene was funny with Reiji barging into the director's office much to his surprise.

I enjoyed the new OP and ED too!!

5/5

Jan 16, 2014 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
Luang is alive! :")
Jan 16, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2011
I need that OST now.
[center]
Jan 17, 2014 2:17 AM

May 2008
Yea...existing and shining finger???? Da heck lol.

Honestly I'm probably the only one who didn't like this episode as much. I liked it when the gundams actually fought. This whole "games" thing kind of makes it...well, not a tourney but more of a sports rally. And honestly it may just be how obvious reji and Lori are getting screwed. A baseball? Getting attacked every episode?

I mean for the love of god how could nobody at all realize what was going on down in the lake? They have (they being everyone from the chairman to the public) shown that you can get a camera view on any MS regardless of where they are in the battle field as well as conditions and stats. No one thought "wait, their suit readings are going critical as if they are under attack, and all the other suits are up here? Hmm". I mean hell, Lori or Reji could have just leaned outside and say "hey we are being attacked?".

This cheating is making me dislike the series. I get that the Star Build Strke is powerful, but why not put them up or make them fight against anther player who is just as good as them. The cheese is stupid. I don't care that they lost if it would have been fair. I mean in 50 seconds they did 95% o the course, where as the other suits took what....3 or 4 minutes? It's obvious they are the fastest and that something else was going on.

My hope is they Ral told Reji, which is why he's there.
Nikato's PokePet

ChickMagnet the level 50 Pikachu!
Jan 18, 2014 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
Great new OP and that EXIA!! That's why there haven't been any Exia's around :D
Dam that president guy >_<! Ral is the man!

Also Sei's mom ♥_♥!
Jan 18, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2012
belatkuro said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Like the others mentioned, a pilot that looked like Heero Yuy made a cameo in this episode, just like the Chibodee and Soma Peries lookalikes. Most likely he's the pilot for that unit.
Here's a screenshot, and you can see that the Gunpla on the table is color red. Though this pilot looks like a woman. Genderbent Heero? Goddammit Sunrise.
Ahh, I remember seeing her. Just didn't draw the connection at the time because of the blatant differences in physique.
Soul-Master said:
Roloko said:

There was a discussion about this series in gamefaqs forums and they mentioned that the series is going to be 2 cour (24-26). Can not say for sure though.

I think it's safe to say this championship will be wrapped up around the 25 episode mark unless they continue to rush the stages like they did here.
That would be a real bummer if they cut it short at 2-cour, we haven't even seen Sei's father yet and I'm sure they could make a full cour of episodes about him and the rx-78 alone.
Though we could always go for a second season.
Jan 20, 2014 2:37 AM

Apr 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Though we could always go for a second season.

I was thinking (and hoping) that it will be a 2-season anime. This season for the tournament and maybe more bits of information regarding Arian and Sei's father, and a season 2 where they explore more about the Plavsky Particle, Arian, etc.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 21, 2014 7:20 AM
May 2012
alexpte said:
Damn, didn't expect them to lose

I mean REALLY?!

THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?! Reiji & Sei just lost the race?!

Who the fuck is that mysterious guy who sabotages Reiji & Sei during the race anyway? Was that the same guy who sent a Big ZAKU (I think) during ep12?

Also that fucker chairman is such useless douchebag. I FUCKIN HATE THAT GUY!! URRGHGH! THAT FUCKIN SCUMBAG SHOULD GO FUCK HIMSELF!

Chairman = Vince Mcmahon (WWE)
JafriZinJan 21, 2014 8:42 AM
Mar 3, 2014 1:27 AM
Feb 2009
wow the cheats
Mar 26, 2014 10:34 AM
May 2012
*cricket sounds*

Why am i the only one who've been posting my reactions over it but NO one cares (how Typical Myanimelist beside someone posted one word THIS over same quote)?!

I can't believe from what I just witnessed. This makes me wanna throw something at the screen in anger to that lousy douchebag Chairman for god's sake!!
Aug 10, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
OOOH love the new ED! Hyadain is sugoi

Anyway, that asshole interrupted the race and now I'm mad.
Nov 19, 2014 6:03 PM

Apr 2009
That was exciting, first battle yet where I wasn't sure if they were going to win.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

46 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

32 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2014

63 by Yoggix »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:53 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

44 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.