Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 12, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The OP song is okay I guess.

Ah mecha warfare continues...
Looks like some more character are introduced too, nice ears. That monkey guy is pathetic though. I kinda knew he would act like that in front of Jeanne. I spotted a princess girl in a brief flashback..wonder what sort of roles she'll be player later on.

Jan 12, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2007
He was able to control the robot somehow by "acting". So people from the West are staying.

Ecchi KajiKaji's character. lol @ Mamo's naming on the robot. So Minorin's character is Mamo's character's sister (more like fiancee, I feel), so Hikasa-san's character needs to be a male.

Techno ED. OP > ED
tsubasaloverJan 12, 2014 9:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 12, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
Saru is annoying as all hell. Da Vinci pledges his help and give Nobu the armor which he names "The Fool".

Why did Jeanne have to become a man? Is Nobu's sister a yandere brocon? Looks like Mitsuhide prolly has a thing for the sis. Wonder if he will end up betraying Nobu at some point.

Nothing too fantastic, but I find it bearable enough to keep watching for awhile longer.
Jan 12, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
awesome ed
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 12, 2014 1:21 PM
Oct 2013
wow.. just wow.
Dat ending, mitsuhinde has a thing for the sister. I'm 100% sure of it. It was like, they show the sister smiling and then they show him. And on nobu's dream that guy said mitsuhide betrayed nobunaga.
I really hope they develop a good romance between nobu and his sister... I mean who doesn't like incenst ? xD
I really liked how fast he got rid of the two enemies. I hope they'll keep up with some good action.
The characters are soooo random but I like the plot.
And I really liked the OP.
Jan 12, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Was going to drop till that ending think I will watch the next one at least
Jan 12, 2014 1:37 PM
Jul 2013
Hmm still not sure if I should continue this... :X

Episode was "ok" i guess. Anyone have an idea how much episodes this is going to have? Judging from all those characters they introduced i have a feeling it's gonna be 20+
Jan 12, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
meh.
Jan 12, 2014 1:55 PM
Oct 2013
And Ichihime's character design so perfect :)
Jan 12, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2013
Lol naming the robot "The Fool". It does have a nice ring to it.
Jan 12, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
Some of the characters are alright i suppose. Not gonna expect much from this.
Jan 12, 2014 1:57 PM
Sep 2012
I wish those 2.4k+ people didn't vote on the series already, but what else can I expect from MAL?
Jan 12, 2014 2:01 PM
Mar 2012
Yup, this is going to one of my favorites this season. Loving everything about it. Historical Japan. mechs, and dubstep music all in one.
Jan 12, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
lolol dubstep ED... I was expecting something a bit nicer since it's by Stereo Dive Foundation :<

Anyway, better episode than last time. More characters were introduced and the atmosphere was more natural this time. But omg, why do they need so much fanservice for Jeanne? Why is her outfit designed like that? -.- Jeez, it ruins her character. Plus, Yuki Kaji's monkey character ruins this show too. Gladly, Takapiro's Mitsu character makes it still watchable and I'm not hating the main guy yet.

iFourier said:
And Ichihime's character design so perfect :)

^ So is her voice actress <3
Jan 12, 2014 2:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
June93 said:
I wish those 2.4k+ people didn't vote on the series already, but what else can I expect from MAL?

So true. I really wish it wasn't possible to vote/review series until a certain number of episodes had passed.

Anyway, the world Kawamori has created here is as zany as ever and he's mixed characters from all over the place. Let's see where it leads.

Please don't tell me that now they're going to introduce imouto-love into this series as well?! I think there's plenty of material covering that already.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good anime imo

Wonder if Saru will got an OPPAI DRAGON mecha... :3
bruh
Jan 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Oct 2013
OP was ok...ep was ok too...not my fav series from those who airing atm but i think ill keep watching i have a feeling that it's gonna get better soon
Jan 12, 2014 2:29 PM

May 2013
Nice episode, loving the OP and ED.

Nobu is about to bring out the big guns. That giant War Bot is going to cause havoc and make the enemies' side of battles a living hell.
Jan 12, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
Lol. "The Fool." Okay.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 12, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2013
Oh great he named the giant ugly/badass mecha "the fool." Wat.
I still see this turning into something good, only time will tell. 4/5
Jan 12, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
Ichihime is so pretty!
She is really Nobunaga's sister?
Why she isn't signed as Oda Ichihime on official site?
Or maybe she is "sister"? xD

Gaius Julius Caesar is so hot!
And NakaYuu voice so hot!
I love this type of voice! *.*

Anyway... Great episode!
Love op and ed!
Can't wait to see next episode!
Jan 12, 2014 2:37 PM
Jul 2013
No comment about the episode, I just put this picture:
http://i39.tinypic.com/a2w4l4.jpg
Jan 12, 2014 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
This is absolutely retarded.

5/5
Jan 12, 2014 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked the opening and the ending song.

Nobunaga named his giant mecha "The Fool."

Hideyoshi can be pathetic sometimes, but he's funny.
Jan 12, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
I fucking lost it at the da fuuru. Mitsuhide's betrayal flags are all over the place. I wonder if he and Brutus would team up.

I have a feeling (O)ichi is gonna be fodder for drama later on when she dies, but I hope she stays around. She's the only female that looks relatively great so far compared to generic looking Jeanne and that off her rocker childhood friend.
Jan 12, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2009
lol i guess this setting is original? no idea how this is suppose to turn out. oh well at least we get a cliche busty blonde with blue eyes. win in my books.
Jan 12, 2014 3:14 PM

Mar 2012
minescope said:
I fucking lost it at the da fuuru.

Thats when I fell in love with this show.
Jan 12, 2014 3:20 PM
Apr 2011
Nobu and Jeanne should just fuck already.

Setting is crazy interesting with all these great historical figures together. Hopefully Nobu survives and becomes king with Jeanne as his bitch.
Jan 12, 2014 3:40 PM

May 2010
enough of this. this was worse than the first episode and the fkin monkey i pissing me off. such a annoying character..gah.

3/10 dropped
Jan 12, 2014 3:48 PM

Nov 2011
Kerozinn said:
enough of this. this was worse than the first episode and the fkin monkey i pissing me off. such a annoying character..gah.

3/10 dropped

LOL, we got a rage quiter here you guys
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 12, 2014 3:57 PM
Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
That monkey guy is pathetic though. I kinda knew he would act like that in front of Jeanne.

That's par for the course for how Hideyoshi is usually portrayed when he was young. Hideyoshi came from a farming family and is usually shown as being course and rambunctious (hence the nickname Monkey).

Not sure how close to actual history this show is going to run, but so far it has been far closer than I thought it would be. Nobunaga does have a sister he was extremely close to, and she was critical in helping him succeed later in life. His relationship with his father was this problematic (looking forward to how they are going to treat his funeral). His relationship with his brothers equally complex (a couple tried to betray him, a couple he had killed, the usual family issues in pre-Modern Japan).

Botato said:
Oh great he named the giant ugly/badass mecha "the fool." Wat.

That was Oda's actual nickname as a young man, it's a nice touch that he would turn an insult into his a banner for his intentions.

So overall I think this show is shaping up to be much better than it should by any rights be. Mashed up historical periods, but in keeping grounded to one actual bit of history it gives the show a since of drama it otherwise would not possess. Will this world's Mitsuhide betray Nobunaga; will this world's Ichihime still save her brother resulting in her husband being killed; will this world's Hideyoshi succeed Nobunaga and end up marrying Ichihime's daughter? Probably not, but HOW this history changes will be fun to see.
Jan 12, 2014 4:27 PM
Sep 2012
Of course Mitsuhide has a thing for Nobu's sister. He'll get al jealous and betray him because he is just so in love with her. I mean you can tell by the way he looked at her that he is in love with her, and that annoys that hell out of me. I mean come on if he betrays Nobu for her that will just be so predictable. I wonder if she even likes him? or they are already seeing each other?
Jan 12, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2012
Looks like some things about the start of the first episode became just a little clearer this episode.

Dubstep ED was pretty surprising... I like the first one better, but this one's decent enough I suppose.

I think anyone who knows the story of Julius Caesar (which is probably most of us) knows what Brutus is going to do. Though, I'd actually like for this to steer clear of following history too much, otherwise it might be a little to obvious what's going to happen. But it could still make for some great "Aha!" moments... either way I'm still loving it so far.

Flunkorg said:

5/5
Lol, couldn't have said it better myself.
Jan 12, 2014 4:43 PM
Feb 2009
ugh
Jan 12, 2014 4:44 PM

Mar 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:

Flunkorg said:

5/5
Lol, couldn't have said it better myself.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5bghnhKqE1ry10fwo1_500.gif
Jan 12, 2014 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
Haters gonna hate.

Apology said:
No comment about the episode, I just put this picture:
http://i39.tinypic.com/a2w4l4.jpg
Became one of my fav characters next to Ms. Boobs after that scene.

Wasn't enough screentime for Nobu's sister, but considering she's voiced by the goddess Chihara Minori, she'll be up there as well.
Jan 12, 2014 5:16 PM
Oct 2012
Dangoxx said:
Of course Mitsuhide has a thing for Nobu's sister. He'll get al jealous and betray him because he is just so in love with her. I mean you can tell by the way he looked at her that he is in love with her, and that annoys that hell out of me. I mean come on if he betrays Nobu for her that will just be so predictable. I wonder if she even likes him? or they are already seeing each other?

I don't think that is where they are going with this, at least I hope not. Mitsuhide had the same look when Da Vinci promised his support to Nobunaga, i.e. he is worried about how certain things are going to play out. As Nobunaga's chief adviser, it's his job to worry about these things; and Ichi is one of the very few people who Nobunaga is completely open with, this is why Mitsuhide was so worried about how she would take have Jeanne show up.

I am also interested in how they are using tarot cards as chapter titles. This episode's card "the Lover's" should not be taken solely as being sexual, it can be, but its primary meaning is irrevocable change caused by some choice (the lover's in this case are adam and eve, their choice ending with them being driven out of the garden of eden (childhood).

The next card Chariot follows the Lovers: it symbolizes what happens after the change/choice represented by the Lovers card. It can serve as a warning about aiming too high (Phaeton) and of being pulled by forces we do not yet understand. Absolutely perfect name for the next episode. Of course the first episode: the Fool was the perfect card, declaring that Nobunaga is the protagonist and that he possesses the raw wisdom to see beyond this world's reality.

So that the Tarot card readings seem to be spot on for each episode, this gives me a great deal of hope that the writer knows his stuff, and that this show will continue to become more interesting. A good key I think will be if episode 4 is called the Tower. That will be a sign that this writer is not to be trifled with.
Jan 12, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
I like this series really looks like there is potential although if you don't know your history you probably won't anywhere near as much enjoy this series as others would. Hopefully the characters play to their historic roles.
Jan 12, 2014 5:41 PM
Oct 2012
Iazrien said:
I like this series really looks like there is potential although if you don't know your history you probably won't anywhere near as much enjoy this series as others would. Hopefully the characters play to their historic roles.

I don't think they will. Remember the opening scene which was more or less what happened in reality, Jeanne was burnt and Nobunaga was betrayed by Mitsuhide. There was that crossover where Jeanne became Nobunaga's retainer Ranmaru, and Nobunaga said that they would meet again in the next world. That is where we are now. And of course Nobunaga renamed Jeanne Ranmaru.

That there is something fake or created about this world I think is going to be a major plot line. I have a feeling that this is the truth that Da Vinci is seeking. But even if this is not true, I think that the story will more or less follow what happened in the other world, except for a couple of key decision points that change both characters story.
Jan 12, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
I thought this episode was decent but it didn't really grab me. I will wait for the plot to develop a bit more because it has potential. Some of the characters seem too cliche and one dimensional though, hopefully there will be some development in the coming episodes.
Jan 12, 2014 5:54 PM

Jul 2012
"The Lovers" interesting to see how this will pan out. That mecha is looking go so far, "The Fool".

Great episode!!!
Jan 12, 2014 6:04 PM

Oct 2013
The Fool. I love Miyanos voice and how he says english words lmao.

Anyway, nice episode. Not really expecting a lot, but we'll see.
Jan 12, 2014 6:32 PM

Feb 2011
The really need a dynasty warriors style game of this anime
Jan 12, 2014 6:52 PM

Mar 2013
The anime should pull off the world building of this anime. There seems to be a good variety of lands to explore plus, a wide amount of characters are being introduced which can give it a good plot. Just really hope they don't fuck this up

It's alright right now, but it should pick up in a few episodes. Not a bad episode though, pretty chill
Jan 12, 2014 7:05 PM
Sep 2013
Pretty solid 2nd episode; nothing major yet but I can see the stage being set up.

Also, I sense incest, or at the very least, heavy brother-sister complexes.
Jan 12, 2014 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
Much better than the first episode.
It was more focused and had some decent character interactions.
Not nearly as crazy.
Jan 12, 2014 7:41 PM

Apr 2007
I know it's the second episode and she has time to improve, but I can't stand how Joan of Arc, one of the most legendary figures in French history, has been reduced to nothing but a boob-jiggling damsel in distress who can't even hold a knife. She got to deck the monkey, which was cool, but she's basically pointless right now.

And is Nobu in love with his sister? What? Watch, next episode they'll reveal they're not really related or something.
Jan 12, 2014 7:57 PM

Jan 2008
Just noticed the ending is by Stereo Dive Foundation. Jeez, this show has all the right stuff but just does it horrible.

At least I got a laugh at Yuki Kaji's inner Issei coming out with Hideyoshi in this show.
Jan 12, 2014 8:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Much better than the first episodes. As soon as they get rid of the historical crap from the West side it makes more sense.

So Jeanne will be Ranmaru, which is essentially Nobunaga's boy lover in history....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 12, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode. It's easier to follow now that I don't have the "WTF kind of setting is this?!" reaction as I did in episode 1. The fuuruu!

Iazrien said:

Hmm I actually think the opposite: throw your knowledge of history out the window and you'll most likely enjoy this show more. That way, you don't have the little voice in your brain nagging "but that character was..." I don't know I guess it's just me.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

142 by Scootboi »»
Aug 13, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.