Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fun.

I couldn't take the poses seriously though. Dat magic. The main girl kinda reminds me of Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds also. Action was pretty smooth though but it's pretty obvious who that girl is in the mask. Dat scythe.

Well not bad overall I guess. It was fun. Nice scythe: http://i.imgur.com/2QWPiZt.png
Stark700Dec 29, 2013 11:37 PM
Dec 29, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
I thought I wouldn't like it after the first 5 minutes. But it turned out pretty good. It reminds me of Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou mixed with Beyond Two Souls.

Also this is Encourage Films first anime they're doing on their own?
Dec 29, 2013 5:42 PM

May 2010
i have a problem with this episode:

seems like amane is abit slow in the head. aya explains that her primary ability creates illusions/visual interference. only a minute later amane has forgotten everything and yells" mana-chan? why are you here?

so it was another illusion. but then there is the other girl from the beginning i think and suddenly she is real? so wtf happened here..they kidnapped her?

3/5
Dec 29, 2013 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Well it was ok I guess. Let see how many ep this anime will take.
Dec 29, 2013 6:07 PM
Mar 2012
I enjoyed the premise, how the younger sister was born without a body and instead inherits psychic abilities which she uses to help her older twin. Too bad though that the execution was not what I expected, though I did enjoy the action in the end.

Stark700 said:
Action was pretty smooth though but it's pretty obvious who that girl is in the mask.

Well, she did admit she was Aya, IAM's masked magician so yeah, it was obvious.
Dec 29, 2013 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
It wasn't too bad. The psychic powers seem to run on "if you believe you can do it, you can" logic, which tends to be both simple and hard at once (what with stuff regarded as common sense getting in the way - eg; no one can fly without a machine/tool). Had to lol at the MC's teleporting - she isn't the best at judging where to teleport to, considering her numerous crashes.

Somewhat curious as to the extent the teddy sister can use her abilities - if she can make a body for herself, why isn't she just using that to live in?
Dec 29, 2013 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
It was fairly ok but nothing special so far. Hope we see more depth to the characters next time.
Dec 29, 2013 7:38 PM

May 2013
Kerozinn said:

seems like amane is abit slow in the head. aya explains that her primary ability creates illusions/visual interference. only a minute later amane has forgotten everything and yells" mana-chan? why are you here?

so it was another illusion. but then there is the other girl from the beginning i think and suddenly she is real? so wtf happened here..they kidnapped her?

3/5

yeah, i confused too.

can anyone explain this plothole?

i find this anime is fun. yeah, fun, but not amazing, just like that title.

and captain japan? wtf.
Dec 29, 2013 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
it's like a mix of Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou and Gatchaman Crowds.. however the heroine is just too slow, i expect her to be more badass XD

and woah, hiro shimono? he did a nice job there..

well, the plot may be kinda ordinary but it's fun watching it ;)
Dec 29, 2013 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
Was okay , and the teddybear-twin is cute <3
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 29, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2012
It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. The ESP powers do have a little uniqueness to them with that teddy bear thing and how she fuses with her sister but it was still pretty average.
Dec 30, 2013 12:11 AM

Jan 2013
It was all right, I guess. But it isn't really Slice of Life as it's tagged, is it?
alyya said:
Kerozinn said:

3/5

yeah, i confused too.

It's not a plot hole, she wasn't an illusion but the real girl, that's all.
Dec 30, 2013 3:26 AM

Oct 2011
As much as I would choose Sato Junichi doing more of Tamayura or other "feel good" series any day... this was really fun.

Especially that last conversation was well done and main girl is indeed similar to Hajime, so I like her already :)
Dec 30, 2013 4:35 AM

Apr 2011
Hmm...not bad of an OVA
Dec 30, 2013 6:35 AM

Mar 2008
Interesting premise but Amane is one of those stupid/naive/blind sunshine unicorn rainbows characters i really dont like. It was decent decent episode anyway.
I just dont understand why they went for Shana transformation when near the end of the episode, it really didnt make any sense since her twin color is obliviously blue, meh.
Dec 30, 2013 7:53 AM

Apr 2012
she just went super saiyan in the first ep n i want 2 know wats up with scarfs in animes
Dec 30, 2013 9:01 AM

Feb 2011
Uwaaaaah , that was sure entertaining.

Looking forward to the next episode :D
Dec 30, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Two digressions (one by the bear, the other by the superheroes) at the beginning got the series into an awkward start. While i like the character design, I also feel that it does not really stand out much either. The same goes with the animation (including the OP). And yet there is potential for the story so will see how it goes from here.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 30, 2013 10:43 AM

May 2013
Someone said in another forum that this is what an anime version of x-men: would be, the angst about not being accepted because you were born with superpowers, the "evil mutant" that does not give a damn about normal humans, an organization where muties gather to try to make humans slowly stop fearing them. Of course the similarities end there, the organization is nearly broke, the evil mutant is a loli and superpowers seems to be magical (and not technological) in nature.

To me it makes sense that they kidnapped the girl for the experiment, mixing illusions with real objects is a must for any illusion wielder, otherwise your opponent will learn and say "another illusion? bah".

I want to see more of the lazy girl with humongous strength, she is cute >_<
Dec 30, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
Well that was fun. Certainly feels worth watching.

Kerozinn said:

3/5

Don't they mention that in the synopsis?

Dec 30, 2013 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
Like the concept. Don't exactly feel the same way with the main protagonist. Reminds me of Day Break Illusion's Akari, but the twin sister keeps it from being bad.
Dec 30, 2013 11:58 AM
Jul 2013
Regarding Amane jumping out when she saw Mana-chan, you have to remember that Amane's gullible character, as she is made like that. And if she use logics in this, she wouldn't let the grunt injured the girl because she might think that she is an illusion too.

Anyway, nice watch, really entertaining. 8/10

I feel like Amane is similar to Koto from Kyousougiga, and the show gave me similar feelings too. Might it be because of the colorful abilities and similar type of animation? None the less, I like it.

And if I remember correctly, Lilianne is the one with the ISH power. She has to stick to Amane to use it though. And if Amane pumps out too much, they'll merge and Lilianne might cease to exist (important plot point for future development, anyone?)

The superheroes at the start... I think that it's a foreshadow that Amane and the guys might become superheroes battling villains?
Dec 30, 2013 12:36 PM
Jul 2009
Xinception said:
And if I remember correctly, Lilianne is the one with the ISH power.

Amane does posses ISH of her own, but it's pretty weak. Lilianne's the one with the real stuff.
Dec 30, 2013 12:46 PM

May 2010
Akamitsu said:
Well that was fun. Certainly feels worth watching.

Kerozinn said:

3/5

Don't they mention that in the synopsis?

sorry i dont read the synopsis just to find out that amane has an attention span of a goldfish.
Dec 30, 2013 10:27 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting story and first episode. Curious to see where this anime is going.
Eh
Jan 1, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
Amusing watch, though hear it's only 2 OVA's or something so can't really expect much in the future.

Liked the teleporting scene, the chase.
Jan 4, 2014 8:52 PM
Feb 2011
alyya said:
Kerozinn said:

3/5

yeah, i confused too.

i find this anime is fun. yeah, fun, but not amazing, just like that title.

and captain japan? wtf.

Aya's skill is visual interference, so she can fool people into believing they're seeing something that isn't real. She uses this for the creature that steals Lillian, when she slices Lillian apart and when Mana is shown. (Amane falls for it because the threat of a real person getting hurt is too real/she's surprised/also because she's an airhead). Aya explains this to Amane, but also says, when showing Kozu (??Was it? The last girl), basically "is this real or a trick?", threatening Amane with the possibility that was happens to Kozu could actually be real. ("I hope for your sake that the next one's an illusion too").

Kozu says "Oh yeah. I was told I was I'd get to see a special show of Amanel's, and then..." So basically she got fooled and kidnapped.
So, no plotholes as far as I can see!
Jan 7, 2014 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
wow that phsycic sister turned out really good. To bad only 2 ep. OVA. wonder how the story will turn out in ep. 2
Jan 8, 2014 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
That was pretty good, I like the art and the weird theme.
Jan 8, 2014 9:37 PM

May 2012
0254 Capt. J LOOOOL

2302 Perusona!

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 9, 2014 3:06 AM

May 2012
Good episode 7/10

I'm looking forward for the 2nd episode
Jan 12, 2014 11:29 PM
May 2012
Woah, didn't know Sato Junichi directed this one. As much as I am a fan of Tamayura, this is the first time I've seen a non-Iyashikei series directed by him. Pretty good OVA for now I have to say.
Jan 14, 2014 11:03 PM

May 2011
Fantastic start. I like how they incorporate the magic elements in with the SoL themes, and the battle afterwards was not too bad. I like the twins already. Love it if they were developed well in a full length series. This kind of anime would make for a fantastic TV series. Not disappointed in the slightest. Didn't even notice the director behind this before watching either. What a heck of a surprise this turned out to be. ^^

>She easily gets stuck in her thinking, but she can also get easily moved at something small and start crying.
lol Okada
Jan 18, 2014 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
Ah shit. I didn't see that was a 2 episodes animes... And I had such hope for it.
Waiting for March.
Feb 11, 2014 11:03 AM

Sep 2011
I have no idea why I watched it.
Jun 2, 2014 2:39 AM

Oct 2010
Was alright, entertaining enough.

I thought that guy said Amane was the only one with multiple abilities? But then that guy with the forcibly awakened ISP/ESP (whichever it is) had multiple powers as well.
Jul 31, 2015 9:35 AM

May 2012
Quite lovely start with an interesting concept and setting, with this being only two episodes long I do wonder how they'll handle the next episode!
Jul 29, 2021 3:27 AM

Feb 2014
The beginning felt pretty jumbled but I liked the action at the end!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo: Amazing Twins Episode 2 parts A+ B Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

12 by Ronninn »»
Feb 23, 2022 11:45 PM

» 2nd episode delayed

Kaengel - Feb 7, 2014

9 by -Kenshin- »»
Apr 26, 2014 1:39 PM

» PV#2

NeoAnkara - Nov 24, 2013

0 by NeoAnkara »»
Nov 24, 2013 12:36 PM

» Character Designs

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

1 by tingy »»
Oct 6, 2013 12:03 PM

» PV

symbv - Sep 13, 2013

1 by Aggron »»
Sep 16, 2013 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.