Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2013 12:58 PM

Feb 2012
xSanox said:
hahaha do not even know what to say.
just gonna enjoy it without thinking too much about what it made us believe to be during the first few episodes

enjoy it for what it is, but I wouldn't forget about those earlier episodes so soon, I have faith it will tie together the craziness with the serious side of the show eventually (They already have sorta with the last episode) albeit it might not be executed in the smoothest way XD

I think the problem with most people watching the show is that they're too used to being pandered to by their anime. This one just says 'fuck you' and does it's own thing and I don't think it's amazing but it's definitely unique and definitely has more to it than the crazy side it's showing on it's surface.
Dec 19, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
From beyond looks so much cooler and better than viva torture. and their monsters are really scary XD this gonna be the craziest and possibly best anime ever
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 19, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
xSanox said:
hahaha do not even know what to say.
just gonna enjoy it without thinking too much about what it made us believe to be during the first few episodes

enjoy it for what it is, but I wouldn't forget about those earlier episodes so soon, I have faith it will tie together the craziness with the serious side of the show eventually (They already have sorta with the last episode) albeit it might not be executed in the smoothest way XD

I think the problem with most people watching the show is that they're too used to being pandered to by their anime. This one just says 'fuck you' and does it's own thing and I don't think it's amazing but it's definitely unique and definitely has more to it than the crazy side it's showing on it's surface.

oh i am not saying forget about it and i am sure there will be serious stuff. i mean we have super sentaii on one side and then we have people getting killed left and right on the other side.

i actually think all the flamengers aside from hazama ofc are going to die.. stuff like this never happens in super hero shows and then suddenlyone of the flamengers gets killed next to hazama
Dec 19, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2011
I find this show hilarious, but I do think that it is targeted at a very specific demographic. Mostly those people like me who grew up enjoying these tokusatsu type shows. It is both making fun of how over the top everything is while cheering on that feeling of youthful optimism and hope.
Dec 19, 2013 1:28 PM
Jan 2013
Maybe it is because I hated the power rangers, but this episode was shit.
Dec 19, 2013 1:29 PM

Jan 2010
WHAT THE FUDGES BALL GOING ON?
I was like "WTF" every moment.
I cringe alot, especially that flamenger music (Lmao)
I was telling myself that this was all just a dream...
Or maybe they are filming..
I'll see what happen next. (next episode)
This episode was just too cheesy... (I cringe alot)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2013 1:30 PM
Jul 2007
Weak. No more Flamenco. No Goto. No Manager dealing with the reveal. No Scientist. No Flamenco girls.

Was hoping he stayed Solo like Kamen Rider style.

Edit* VIVA TORTURE!
Dec 19, 2013 1:33 PM
Oct 2011
Comedy of the season. I finally found you. No, cross that. Comedy of the year!

Man this is so bad it's hilarious.

I really wanted a power rangers parody show with cool colorful stuff and all, but wtf is this bullshit? If the director and the series-composer are trying to make it comedy, then ooh they're doing a really bad job. (but the show turned out to be funny nonetheless. Magic.)

I mean something like this is something I'd expect from a lazy bunch of guys doing something random to put it on youtube; no structure, no animation, nothing. But seriously, that's the last thing I'd expect from such staff.

parfaited said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Have patience...lots of it, but I have a feeling we'll get something to reward our patience XD

If there is no reward out of this by the end then it's going to be a very sad day.
Reward? Creating a show worst than Mars of Destruction?
Candor123Dec 19, 2013 2:14 PM
Dec 19, 2013 2:12 PM
Jul 2012
Not sure what I just watched... I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the ride for the rest of the series. Not really sure whats happening anymore or where everything is going but I still find it entertaining.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Dec 19, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
....Power Rangers and a giant robot?

I have no idea where this is going anymore (haven't had since ep 7). All I can do at this point is laughing, really.

For some reason I'm still enjoying it anyway. :D
Dec 19, 2013 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
namedrisk said:
Was a nice show now its just yet another ranger anime :(

name one other ranger anime
Dec 19, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was fucking awesome. The little kid in me was like, "FUCK YES. POWER RANGERS MOTHERFUCKER."

This show is so entertaining.
Dec 19, 2013 2:42 PM

Jul 2011
So far, this has evolved into some crappier, bloodier and non-sensical version of Power Rangers.

Flamen Green has super powers!?!?

I like the theme song though.
Dec 19, 2013 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
I saw Power Rangers all throughout this, damn it Japan.
What are you looking here for
Dec 19, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
I love how some of you people lack the cognitive capabilities to have fun.
Get over yourselves and stop acting like this show is meant to be serious. It's wonderful.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 19, 2013 2:59 PM

Dec 2008
Did I just unknowingly watch an episode of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?
New characters!! I feel like Red Axe aka Kaname Jouji is full of shit and just doing what he can to stay relevant.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 19, 2013 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
gedata said:
namedrisk said:
Was a nice show now its just yet another ranger anime :(

name one other ranger anime

don't worry people are just stupid
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 19, 2013 3:08 PM
Aug 2011
Candor said:
parfaited said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Have patience...lots of it, but I have a feeling we'll get something to reward our patience XD

If there is no reward out of this by the end then it's going to be a very sad day.
Reward? Creating a show worst than Mars of Destruction?

Do not crush my hopes like that!

grymdylan said:
Get over yourselves and stop acting like this show is meant to be serious. It's wonderful.

The line between this being wonderfully hilarious or a convoluted depressing mess is much too thin here.
Dec 19, 2013 3:11 PM
Jul 2013
grymdylan said:
Maybe they just don't think it's fun?
Dec 19, 2013 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
That was really fabulous, they even summoned their Megazord.

Too bad there's only 1 girl in Flamengers, but she is nice.

And yeah looks like she isn't Goto's girlfriend either, she is Kaname's lol (they better make this one sided love).

And lol'd at that bad guy's line "He is so toxic, he even makes viruses sick", what the fuck.

Looking forward to the other 3 Kings from From Beyond group.
Dec 19, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2011
what
Dec 19, 2013 3:20 PM

Apr 2010
14 dead
Giant lethal monster blowing up causing damage to surrounding buildings and shards of glass injuring people inside. Additionally causing his toxic blood to spill out into the streets below.
New ugly giant robot.
Apparent drop in animation funding.

I don't know what's going on anymore. The giant, snap-together robot and secret underground base beneath the streets of Tokyo was so cliche I was actually surprised to see it. But I'm not happy. This show went from being right in the middle of the road for me to being the next thing I'm planning to drop.

Dec 19, 2013 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
IS THIS THE REAL LIFE
Dec 19, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
I am feeling like stabbing myself now :/
Dec 19, 2013 3:29 PM

Dec 2010
Wha- what's happening in this anime. Seriously!
I almost fell asleep during the last two episodes, but... This time I laughed so hard my stomach still hurts.
All that randomness, that background music, that super sentai, that... mecha.
I just... don't know.. that was... definitely too much anime today, I better go to sleep.
Dec 19, 2013 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
This is trolling to the max, I don't know what I am watching anymore... It's sooo bad.
I don't it's intentional, I don't care they are trying to do sentai parody.. cause this is suffering to watch!
It's not even fun anymore. Endless Eight was pure bliss in comparisson to this.
Dec 19, 2013 3:43 PM
Jul 2013
Ok, everything was normal until King Tortune but now, What That Hell? The Power Rangers animated version, how many versions have come out in the anime? And those enemies more rare than before.
Dec 19, 2013 3:45 PM
Apr 2012
Out of curiousity, is the new female character meant to be Gotou's infamous girlfriend?
Dec 19, 2013 3:47 PM
Oct 2011
ReiujiUtsuho said:
Out of curiousity, is the new female character meant to be Gotou's infamous girlfriend?

Highly doubt so since she said that she was with Kaname..

I duunno what to say about this show anymore..

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 19, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2010
Never forget your manners, even when addressing your worst enemies lol. This is turning into a guilty pleasure, watching Samumenco is a mix between http://i.imgur.com/CiNt25a.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/HXT40vU.jpg
Dec 19, 2013 3:54 PM
Jan 2013
This show has become the spiritual successor to Fooly Cooly.
Dec 19, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
I..have no idea whats going on any more lol. But its getting pretty hilarious now XD
Dec 19, 2013 4:04 PM
Oct 2013
Ok. This is just medicre, crappy and unfunny "parody". Not wasting my time with this shit anymore.
Dec 19, 2013 4:05 PM
Oct 2013
Spawnblade said:
This show has become the spiritual successor to Fooly Cooly.

Are you fucking high? you cant compare FLCL with this shit. Seriously
Dec 19, 2013 4:08 PM

Mar 2010
Besides, FLCL already has a spiritual successor.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1002/Top_wo_Nerae!_2
Dec 19, 2013 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
WTF WAS THAT??
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Dec 19, 2013 4:20 PM

Nov 2007
wut?

.... seriously? it seemed like a complete different show.

I was still expecting a tv show .... or a dream.

I actually liked the darker touch with King Torture taking the girls and their showdown. Seemed to have potential dealing with the effects.

It was nice and simple with him and Gotou as buddies and the 3 Flamenco Girls.

More weird unexplainable alien monster things and ..... meh.

The best part was feeling the rage of his manager.

I don't know where it goes from here, but now it feels like Power Rangers meets the Japanese Avengers with a silly feel.
Dec 19, 2013 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
Terrible episode, but necessary. Ok guys, this is what's going to happen.

Next episode, the other three bad guys of FROM BEYOND are easily defeated by the Flamengers, then King Torture makes the awesomest comeback ever, setting the scenario for the 2nd half of the show, which will blow everyone's minds.

BRACING FOR EPIC, you people need to trust the staff of this show a little, they've proven themselves capable of great things in the past.
Dec 19, 2013 4:46 PM
May 2012
Omg samflam is so great. I can't even with this show.

I think the Flamengers are all gonna end up dying except Hazama. I also think that Kaname is probably behind everything to begin with. I mean look at this guy and what he has prepared. I bet he wants to relieve his old super hero acting days and the only way to do so is bring the need for Heros in the real world. King Torture is totally gonna make another appearance. And I also feel like Konno might be involved with something later on as well.

Either way I'm gonna ride out this unpredictable show be it good or bad. I've seen enough horrible shows to deal with it. The people who keep complaining are all so conditioned to watching "good" shows that you throw something like this at them they will all overreact. Just don't take this show too seriously and you'll be fine.
Dec 19, 2013 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
Can't believe i just broke down from laughing so hard, i can't even decide if this show is seriously epic or just completely weird. Guess i'm just gonna have to sit back with some popcorn and watch the craziness unfold.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Dec 19, 2013 5:04 PM

Feb 2012
Eversio said:
Omg samflam is so great. I can't even with this show.

I think the Flamengers are all gonna end up dying except Hazama. I also think that Kaname is probably behind everything to begin with. I mean look at this guy and what he has prepared. I bet he wants to relieve his old super hero acting days and the only way to do so is bring the need for Heros in the real world. King Torture is totally gonna make another appearance. And I also feel like Konno might be involved with something later on as well.

Either way I'm gonna ride out this unpredictable show be it good or bad. I've seen enough horrible shows to deal with it. The people who keep complaining are all so conditioned to watching "good" shows that you throw something like this at them they will all overreact. Just don't take this show too seriously and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't even say these "good" shows people are used are even good, just very standard anime that are easy to like and watch. This show isn't even that deep or complicated to be quite honest. The fact that not very many people are talking about the increasingly suspicious Hazama just tells you where people's heads are at.
Surface level thinking ftw!
Dec 19, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2010
I feel so trolled by this show....

ps... Animation and artwork seemed to have gone down the toilet this episode.
Archie74Dec 19, 2013 5:08 PM
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Dec 19, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
I was a bit nervous with the amount of QUALITY and sudden new villains but the power rangers nostalgia-trip at the end made up for it. Wonder how Goto will get involved after it's gone full Sentai.
JivingLotusDec 19, 2013 5:24 PM
Dec 19, 2013 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
Fuck this show.

Dropped.
Dec 19, 2013 5:21 PM
Jul 2012
Oh crud! Sentai going on! Originally I thought it was going to Avengers, but when you hear Samurai Squad, you know its a Sentai. Honestly, I'm excited and laughing at this, I mean, its gone for Kick-Ass to Batman and now to Super Sentai/Power Rangers. Right now, what ever happened to the synopsis? It doesn't even make outright any sense to this show anymore! Still, I'm going to enjoy it and love Samurai Flamenco! I just love my Super Heroes like this. Though, I was hoping for more of a conclusion episode rather than a whole new arc.
Dec 19, 2013 5:24 PM
Jul 2012
mystik said:
wut?

.... seriously? it seemed like a complete different show.

I was still expecting a tv show .... or a dream.

I actually liked the darker touch with King Torture taking the girls and their showdown. Seemed to have potential dealing with the effects.

It was nice and simple with him and Gotou as buddies and the 3 Flamenco Girls.

More weird unexplainable alien monster things and ..... meh.

The best part was feeling the rage of his manager.

I don't know where it goes from here, but now it feels like Power Rangers meets the Japanese Avengers with a silly feel.

It was somewhat explained in From Beyond's first video. Essentially, its a space rock, hit the Earth, grew by killing a rat, then killing other animals in order to evolve. In short, its an alien that has crashed on Earth, is killing things to evolve and now we are here.
Dec 19, 2013 5:31 PM
Dec 2013
this anime is epic!

from real life hero parody to toku solo hero parody to toku sentai hero parody. This is better than Gokaiger!

Flamen Robo reminds me of Combattler V, Voltus V, and Dancouga Nova
Flamen Period looks like Dankuuken too.

I wish there will be more new member like Flamenger Dia, Ruby, and Saphire.
Dec 19, 2013 5:43 PM

Nov 2011
I still think this show's main strength is that it plays it straight and not straight at the same time. I also loved the nostalgia factor in this episode. Reminded me of the early 80's anime GoShogun. And that cheesy Flamengers song was perfect!

Also Yukarin and her adult Furude Rika voice!
Dec 19, 2013 6:09 PM

Apr 2013
It finally happened. The show has gone so far beyond stupid that it's actually hit brilliance. Well played, Clerks.
Dec 19, 2013 6:37 PM

May 2010
WHAT THE FLAMENCO IS GOING ON?!

Waiting for current non red colour ranger to die & replace with flamenco girls+Gotou
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.