Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Apr 2013
Chisaki's face though <3
Dec 6, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
I wonder if they'll prevent the disaster or we'll get a time skip...
Dec 6, 2013 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
That confession at the end from Kaname to Chisaki.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 6, 2013 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
How bad is this ice age supposed to be anyway? I mean, in real life, humans already lived through an ice age, back when we were still wearing skins and throwing spears! People live in Siberia! What about the Inuit (Eskimos)? If an ice age were to suddenly arrive a lot of people would surely die, but people that sufficiently prepared for one would have pretty good odds...
Dec 6, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
This is shaping up to be quite interesting, to say the least. I wonder if there might be a timeskip for the second half? Although it wouldn't surprise me if this disaster was prevented beforehand...

There are three issues I have, though.

1. Does this disaster occur worldwide?

2. Along with the above question: how DANGEROUS is this disaster anyway?

3. If this disaster is prevented by the festival thingy, then why the heck did they stop celebrating it?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
great episode 5/5
Dec 6, 2013 3:21 PM

Oct 2010
While the last episode hit the right spots for me, this episode left me a bit miffed. Probably because the episode felt like it was readying a goodbye, depicted through the forthcoming hibernation.

But even with this 'calamity' coming, I wonder if we're actually going to get anything dramatic. The drama in this show so far has been trivial and kind of meh to me (rising action, I know, but even the rising action of this drama feels so flat). The character interactions are what make the best drama in this series, in my opinion and any subsequent drama fails to compel me.

And I don't know. I saw Kaname's confession on Tumblr and felt so hyped for it but when I saw the actual episode it felt so...disappointing? Nothing in this episode led me to believe he'll confess (heck, last episode would have been more plausible for him to confess) and I really thought that I just saw some photoshopped picture until it came.

But at least he said it in Kaname's fashion, with a smile and straightforward words. I liked how he had to be pushed to the limits, showing how pragmatic he is. In this sense, he's kind of like Tsumugu but more calculative and careful, unlike Tsumugu who has nothing holding him back, or doesn't let anything hold him back.

This episode and the development of their relationship are making it harder and harder to buy the Manaka and Hikari relationship if/when the show swings that way. Their interactions has always seemed so platonic and Hikari always seem so unstable when it comes to Manaka. When he has to 'save' her in this episode from the drunk person, the gesture seemed so much of that of an older brother. Maybe the Daddy Longlegs type of romance isn't my cup of tea but I really hope the show doesn't go with their relationship.

cuteniao said:
haha it really frustrates when people are saying manaka and hikari are being annoying because they are so real. they get some serious development in this episode and i can see myself in both of them.

They are real but that doesn't stop them from being annoying. ;) People are annoying and it's great for people to admit that while the characters are annoying, they are annoying realistically. There's a difference in being annoying as a horribly written character and being annoying as a well written character. But meh. I just think the writing went a little too far with portraying Hikari having a one-sided love and Manaka being too daft to realize. A couple episodes is fine but right about now is kind of killing me. Makes it hard to buy their relationship when/if it ever does happen.
Dec 6, 2013 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
Ice age coming.

Last supper.I kept thinking that the food they were eating was drugged so they'd be force into the sleep whether they wanted to or not.Kinda of like a cult.

"P-Pop?!"
http://imgur.com/xiHl9Qs

Manaka looked so weird/awkward crying as her mouth was stuffed with food
http://imgur.com/AVRv4ov
Looked abit wrong too.

Red belly sea slug,looks cute.Something tells me Manaka either actually asked it about her feelings for Hikari or we're going to be trolled and it turns out she stopped asking it.
http://imgur.com/PhW36DI
Just realized the slug seems kinda dirty too.

"I love you Chisaki." Well,about FREAKING time!!!

If this sleep thing really happens,I'm guess Tsumugu's descendant in going to be Hikari's love rival.Would they grow in their sleep?Because I way I see it I don't think they would.
Dec 6, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
ArmorKingRulez said:
That confession was SMOOTH AS FUCK!!

This.

moriandrio said:
O-Divine-Demon said:
What's the point in confessing if you know you're going to be completely rejected?

Cause if you don't you will always question yourself what would have happend.

RedgraveGilver said:
O-Divine-Demon said:
What's the point in confessing if you know you're going to be completely rejected?

Better to do it than never or else you'll be regretting something in the future.

And so much this. :/
Dec 6, 2013 5:00 PM
Jan 2012
Of course it was never going to happen... but I was rooting for Hikari x Chisaki. I can dig the Kaname x Chisaki though as dat confession was too good. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 6, 2013 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
HOLY SHIT IM SPEECHLESS

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 6, 2013 6:09 PM
Jul 2013
Kaname was declared Chisaki, ohhhh. Interesting that got the plot to the series with the snow warm, now all die, end.
Dec 6, 2013 8:31 PM

May 2010
People hating Manaka are forgetting that she is just a middle schooler. On top of it, she has just started to stand on her own, she had always been protected by her friends before. Also, she just had her first love and has started doing her best at everything. I don't get some anime viewers at all. Remember she likes Tsumugu. Ofcourse, she is gonna get startled if Hikari hugs her all of a sudden. I mean, it's alright to sympathize with Hikari (even I am doing that, I feel really bad for him) but that doesn't mean we should just start babbling how bad of a character Manaka is. Manaka is not a bad character. Even if she acted, she properly thought about it afterwards. She is developing nicely like she should. All good characters aren't perfect, neither are perfect characters always good. People tend to show their anger to the wrong characters when they don't even bother undersanding them.

Man, this series really has a way with its dialogues, like with Miuna and Sayu's conversation, it was so innocent and suitable for their age, like how they were scared to die. Hikari's dad speech was so lol but like him. Manaka and Kaname share lesser interactions as compared to others so was nice to see them talking. Dat confession and Chisaki's confession! Man, this series is really awesome, gotta love how natural it is. Next episode, come already coz I can't waittt
Dec 6, 2013 8:55 PM

Feb 2013
Things are really starting to get serious... Those tears. Man... Also these relationships are really getting interesting.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Dec 7, 2013 12:13 AM

Jul 2012
Ahh, Manaka. What did you say to the slug!? Why do they do this to us :( I hope a timeskip is on its way.
Dec 7, 2013 12:54 AM

Jun 2009
Kaname please tell us something we didn't know already.
Dec 7, 2013 1:17 AM

Oct 2013
Very good episode.

I think what lies ahead isn't actually all that dangerous. I don't know, but I got that feeling based on Akaris reaction: 'You and your father should have talked more'.

Did anyone pay attention to Sayus Notebook (for distributing gifts) @14:01?
- Kaname is the only one she mentioned by name
- Octupus-Head: This one deserves nothing!!

Liked that little detail :D
Dec 7, 2013 3:42 AM

May 2013
bye bye surface :`(
Dec 7, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2013
Things got serious!!! that confession in the end O_O
one of my favorite animes of this fall :3!!!

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 7, 2013 4:08 AM

Sep 2012
No festival for mr seagod?
brb, global apocalypse.

up next, 10,000 year timeskip, the sea people re colonize the surface with aqua mechs.

then the antispiral appears.

in all seriousness, this show just keeps getting better
Dec 7, 2013 4:10 AM
Jun 2008
itt retards who want a hikari x manaka pairing.

also how the f do you drink anything out of a glass while underwater. Besides seawater that is.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Dec 7, 2013 4:38 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, I'm pretty impressed considering how bad the drama was in the previous episodes. This was some good stuff.
Dec 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
Gahhh too many triangles!! ><
Time skip? Hmm I kinda doubt it.
Dec 7, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2008
I kinda laughed at the confession Kaname made at the end.
Not only because he was kinda badass as he did it, but also now the love-setting seems to be like i predicted:

Tsumugu <-- LOVE (maybe) -- Manaka <-- LOVE -- Hikari <-- LOVE -- Chisaki <-- LOVE -- Kaname

Now let Tsumugu love Kaname, then we have a nice love-circle, and some BL for the girls xD
Dec 7, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
Amazing visuals, good drama, good soundtrack (especially that song that played while Manaka was alone in her room towards the end), and Kaname finally making his move. One of the best episodes in the show so far.
Dec 7, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
Jakerams said:
... Another week to wait.

or two. Next time there will be that ceremony and ep12 they go to sleep.

Things get serious and finally some big story. My bet is they will go separated during the sleep - two of them being on surface, two of them underwater. Do you think there will be time skip to their adulthood?

Anyway, Chisaki is going to ditch Kaname's feelings, that's for sure.
Dec 7, 2013 4:16 PM
Nov 2013
This is by far the best episode so far, but that cliffhanger ending. How will chikasa react?
Dec 7, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2007
What is it with Kana playing some really annoying characters this season?

Dec 7, 2013 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
I wanted Chisaki x Hikari to be a thing but now I don't know what I want anymore x_x
Dec 7, 2013 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
I FUCKING HATE MANAKA,CAN SHE JUST BURN IN HELL?!?!
Dec 7, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
FrozenRemains said:

You wanted someone as cute as Manaka and voiced by Hana Kanazawa to burn in hell?!
Dec 7, 2013 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
RedgraveGilver said:
FrozenRemains said:

You wanted someone as cute as Manaka and voiced by Hana Kanazawa to burn in hell?!

Dude,Chisaki.

We dont need no annoying characters where we're going.
Taimanin_IreliaDec 7, 2013 6:21 PM
Dec 7, 2013 6:54 PM

Nov 2012
I dont like manaka just because this episode somehow :/
and..
DAT CONFESSION! I know he has a feeling to chisaki :/
really curious with what happen next!
Dec 7, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2008
I don't really see a time skip happening... Wouldn't everyone on the land be dead and isn't it supposed to happen slowly over the next 50-100 years?
I think it's more predictable that the problem will be solved somehow..

Even if I do like KanamexChisaki.. That confession felt too sudden.
Dec 7, 2013 7:59 PM

Jan 2008
I was hoping Hikari would grow on me, but we're 10 episodes in and I still don't like him. The one I feel bad for the most is Tsumugu. Is he ever going to get any kind of character development? Or will he forever be wallpaper / the fifth wheel? In all honesty, I wanted Manaka to end up with Tsumugu, but I'm not holding my breath for that at this point.
Dec 7, 2013 9:20 PM

Mar 2010
I like Kaname x Chisaki! But I don't think it will happen because Chisaki is just so into Hikari. Weirdest love (insert shape here) iv'e watched in awhile. I wonder who will end up with who. I'm not a fan of Manaka x Tsumugu but it just seems that it will go this way. If the anime go towards Manaka x Hikari I think it will look/seem to forced.

Tsumugu definitely needs more character development though.
Dec 7, 2013 11:34 PM

Dec 2012
I'm starting to wonder if they're going to really sleep and there's really going to be a time skip with a shift in everyone's feelings. The deep sleep sounds depressing.
Dec 7, 2013 11:37 PM

Nov 2009
My heart just broke.

Wonder what future the sea slug told Manaka?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2013 4:43 AM

Apr 2013
I wonder how long is this time skip going to be. If its like 10 years then that's going to be interesting ^_^

Ok everyone, Chill !!! :D
Always-HungryDec 8, 2013 4:48 AM
Dec 8, 2013 5:09 AM

Jul 2010
2.5/5
Dec 8, 2013 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Now that I know, we do not sleep at night! I want to know! * _ *
The pathos is skyrocketing, I'm too involved. Kaname good, you want to play in advance, eh? XD
The BGM give even more value to the narrative that proves so intriguing to me did not detach his eyes from moniotr for no reason, I hung from their lips! * _ *
The plot and the characters are really well done, the first carries out the daily life of Holliday underwater and on the surface, along with the lives of the protagonists without any flaw. The various characters are all so well characterized by avertire not that sense of deja vu that you appreciate when you watch another series. Tears of Sayu, I han contaggiata, but already before crying like a fountain. Fabulous scenery! : D
I thank the fact that the series is 26 episodes! Hooray!

Jakerams said:
... Another week to wait.

Despite being only a week seems like an eternity! ^^"

solomon585858 said:
I feared that this was gonna happen. In all this I am really sorry for Tsumugu. None of those girls actually understood or deserved him. I am sure there will be the one who will and is gonna be his only one.

Manaka was never the girl who deserved him. The question is when Manaka is gonna realize she kinda likes that childhood idiot and Chisaki is gonna hook up with Kaname what will be Tsumugu's development. For me he should be the main character. Too bad we see him very little and those idiots too much.

I agree, moar Tsumugu! ^^"

After what I've seen, the idea that Manaka begin to love Hi-kun is plausible, not knowing what she felt the childhood friend may have her shaken and made ​​her think about what it really is, after all, when you're young it's complicated know deep down, they can not imagine the young adults! ^ _ ^
Dec 8, 2013 6:58 PM

Oct 2013
that confession at the end was a great way to end a episode(but pretty everyone were aware of this anyway) really looking forward for the next episode
Dec 8, 2013 7:23 PM

Aug 2012
Already knew from the start that Kaname liked Chisaki.
Dec 9, 2013 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
I really hope we don't have to wait long to find out what Manaka said to the slug. Although it was nice to see her thinking about Hikari before. It's also about time Kaname started having something revolve around him. It's fine that that Sayu has a crush on him but I think we all knew he liked Chisaki the whole time.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 9, 2013 8:17 AM

May 2010
The end was kinda bit surprising
Dec 9, 2013 12:42 PM
Sep 2013
See? Didn't I say that Manaka X Hikari and Chisaki X Kaname is still very possible, even most likely? Tsumugu have not shown any explicit interest in anyone but it is still possible that he might return Manaka's feelings if she choose him.

Even if Manaka choose Hikari, it's still too early to say if the nerds will forgive Manaka for dissing their character avatar for all this time. Maybe by simply switching her feelings over to their avatar for the remainder of the series, it might be enough to sway most of them over.

Anyone else wonder what those whale cries are all about? Are they coming from whales? Maybe its the cries of the sea god?
Dec 9, 2013 1:11 PM
Sep 2013
Muchan said:
I like Kaname x Chisaki! But I don't think it will happen because Chisaki is just so into Hikari. Weirdest love (insert shape here) iv'e watched in awhile. I wonder who will end up with who. I'm not a fan of Manaka x Tsumugu but it just seems that it will go this way. If the anime go towards Manaka x Hikari I think it will look/seem to forced.

Tsumugu definitely needs more character development though.

I fail to see why Manaka x Hikari is forced. Hikari has been in loved with her for god knows how long and they've know each other since they were kids. Manaka may had been simply unaware of her feelings until Hikari made a move, maybe because they were simply too close (which is a very real phenomenon btw, not seeing someone as a romance prospect cuz you're too close). If Tsumugu wasn't in the picture, I would even say that they would be the most natural pairing.

None of the characters have much development except Hikari and, to a lesser extent, Manaka, our two lead roles. The only thing Chisaki had going for her was that she was in love with Hikari, which alone gave her major fan points. Tsumugu doesn't show romantic interest in anyone so most of his "development" revolves around Manaka's potential interest in him, which, objectively, doesn't put him that far behind Chisaki. But, Chisaki is in love with our MC, and that clearly counts for a whole lot in the eyes of the viewer.
Dec 9, 2013 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
Really loving this anime so far. I think it made it into one of my favorite animes ever. The latest episode has me on edge for the future episodes to come.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a time-skip occurring. I already love how things are going now, but I think a time-skip would make me more over-whelmed, depending on what happens after wards (If Tsumugu, Akari, Minua, etc survive the upcoming weather or not? How they look like if there is a time-skip? Etc). I'd really like to see how things play out between the friends, of course. I mean, relationships tend to change as friends get older, so I'd like to see what changes or stays the same if there is a time skip.

OH, and that confession from Kaname... Please my heart. Make it stop. = u=
I did have a feelings that Kaname liked Chisaki, and expected him to convince at some point, but not right before their hibernation (didn't see that coming either lol). I'd really like if Chisaki could end up with Kaname (yes, they're my otp), but at the same time, I kind of sense a small interest in Chisaki coming from Tsugumu. Then again, I got the same thought once he compliment Manaka after helping her out in the earlier episodes, so this could just be me over-thinking things again, oops. Regardless, I'm eager to see how things play out after this. I'd hate to see if Chisaki becomes confused with her feelings like Manaka has become, but I'll just have to wait and see.
Dec 9, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Beautiful animation during the crying/eating scene. Great ending too, loved her expression.
The end of the world snuck up fast.
Dec 10, 2013 7:09 AM

Sep 2012
Rejection on the last episode and Confession in this episode. Kaname confessed to Chisaki, whaaaaat? is that a dream?

So saltflake snow will fall on the surface and the people won't survive it. Hikari and others just need to hibernate to survive, but how about the people on the surface?what should they do?
Miuna-chan is also worried about her father and Akari.

That tears of Manaka is like she's going to die. Can't wait to see the upcoming event.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.