Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 27, 2013 8:10 PM

Nov 2008
I see a lot of possibilities of this anime/story (because I also read the novel). There can be many different areas, political/production/pvp/adventure/conquest...
blEh SIGGY
Nov 27, 2013 10:05 PM

Jul 2012
Tamura said:
thepath said:
Very boring episode with no action. Not just this episode. but last few episodes were also boring. Where is the actions ? boss battles ? What about romance ?

SAO is miles better than this. SAO might have a lot of flaws but, but none of the episodes were boring to watch.

Sure dude.
Sure

He may be trying to be sarcastic you know ^^ But seriously guys SAO and LH are completely different shows even though the basic premise is the same. I'm a fan of SAO (although I dislike the Fairy Dance anime adaptation w/ a passion) and I'm still enjoying Log Horizon a lot. It's one of my Favorite LNs and seeing as it was written by Mamare Touno (Maoyuu Maou Yuusha) I know I'm in good hands since I also enjoyed his other series. I also like the .hack games. Heck I played G.U. and finished all three parts 5 damn times. Why do people always try to compare every damn thing. It's beyond me.
Nov 28, 2013 5:43 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode here! I love the pacing and how they negotiate for better condition. It almost felt like a business battlefield here, which is kinda rare in these kind of anime xD.

This show ain't just about online game and blind fighting, this has become more and more like a strategic battlefield where bravery and intelligence were measured! It was definitely a sight to see for such a genre that couldn't escape the deathtrap that it has set itself into ( MMORPG = GMTR [Grind,Money,Treasure,Ranking] in my mindset lol )

That being said, this was a great show consist of both action and mindgame moments, and should anyone find them uninteresting, they should drop the show for a bit and then only come back when more episodes were available. After all, this show still had alot of potential xDDD
ragemon65Nov 28, 2013 5:48 AM
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Nov 29, 2013 3:41 AM

Oct 2009
swordstriker21 said:
azzuRe said:
Now I'm really curious of Shiroe Plan. Did he try to buy out Akiba..?

Close but not quite.

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 29, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2008
azzuRe said:

BIG SPOILER ALERT
blEh SIGGY
Nov 29, 2013 5:49 PM

Oct 2013
i liked SAO but seriously Log horizon is so far atm better that SAO, i cant really compare the both except the fact that they are stuck in a mmo rpg, The MC is in my top 5 of MC of all the series i watched(watched over 150 series+)

this episode was really awesome even without actions, really looking forward for the next episode
Nov 29, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2010
time for some fucking DIPLOMACY!!

kinda slow episode but damn it was awesome, Marielle's reactions never cease to amuse me xD. it was high time we saw Shiro in "action" so lets see what he brings next time
Dec 1, 2013 1:47 AM

May 2010
Don't mess with Henrieta

Shiro is such a nice protagonist
Dec 3, 2013 1:02 PM

Oct 2011
Marielle and Henrietta were great this episode! I like how the episode showed how everyone is vital to a guild working well. I was worried at first that the show would focus too much on Shiroe + the rest of Log Horizon but I'm pleasantly surprised so far.
Dec 8, 2013 4:45 AM
Mar 2013
glasses fidget count: 20

total so far: 68
Dec 10, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2012
this anime just hooks you more every episode..

i waited for this kind of anime for a while now.. the feels :D
Dec 27, 2013 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
Them negotiations :D
I wonder how the big guilds will react when they find out crescent moon's method :3
Also, I hope the twins are saved or save themselves soon :o
Dec 28, 2013 11:42 PM

Feb 2013
Just watching them negotiate make me tired.... I love how the negotiation done....
Jan 3, 2014 2:01 AM
Nov 2010
Wow. I can't believe I actually loved the negotiations as well. I thought it would be boring. Yay economics!
Jan 3, 2014 4:24 AM

Sep 2013
Mother fucking Villain in Glasses, Shiroe is such a badass lol. I'm enjoying this, a little surprisingly to myself.

And I love the ending.
Jan 3, 2014 11:26 AM

Feb 2011
Akatsuki smells - by Henrietta xD

the negotiation went more easily than expected, but overall it was interesting

to the next phase it seems

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 8, 2014 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
eminagnam said:
The negotiations were unexpectedly thrilling and interesting. I felt S&W vibe.

Yeah
Feb 2, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
Good pace good episode good build up
Feb 11, 2014 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
they starting to set some plans in motion, v nice. i like the pacing of this show
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 11, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
This last two episodes are really good. To be honest i wasn't excited about the first episodes. I didn't care if they showed the spirit of MMORPG or not. I only cared about seeing a good anime. This episodes though with the smart tricks and negotiations are really interesting.
I wonder if this anime will ever touch the subject of what happens to their real bodies and the real world.
Feb 20, 2014 8:07 AM

Aug 2013
And the plot thickens!
My Candies:
Feb 24, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
I'm still not sure if I understand Shiroe plan.

So he got a funding of five millions for a big raid? What will he do about those two kids?

I want a chibi Akatsuki :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 6, 2014 10:43 AM

Aug 2010
Business and Economics at it's MMORPG anime finest! Real cool episode IMO.

Villain in Glasses is such a strategist on and off the battle field. You just got to love a character like Shiroe.
Mar 30, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2012
Things are going to get down next episode!! Really interesting development and I really wonder what will happen next!
Apr 1, 2014 8:47 AM

May 2013
I like shiroe's thinking. Strategies > fighting without thinking. I like tohya and minori's resolve and having character development. So far all according to plan i wonder if shiroe will make a mistake
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 3, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2010
Finally an episode that actually interested me. I can also see the relation with Spice and Wolf, the thing I actually like about this one.
Apr 16, 2014 9:01 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was just plain awesome with how they executed trade talks.
The Stakes are now high!
Jul 2, 2014 6:23 AM
May 2012
Poor Minori and Tohya :/
Smooth negotiation!! Villain in Glasses for the win ahahaha.
Jul 26, 2014 6:06 AM

Jun 2009
Nice, the tension is rising. I'm really starting to enjoy this show now.
Jul 27, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2009
So, 8 episodes in this series doesn't feel as deep as Sword Art Online. Some of these episodes remind me of Spice and Wolf but in a good way. It sounds like maybe things will pick up soon.
Such junk...
Aug 27, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2009
Something that's been bugging me for a bit is how the players don't know anything about the new expansion.

It directly affects the characters (for example in this episode when the other guild masters wondered what Crescent Moon would need the money for) and would never happen. Even in less popular MMOs you are told what to expect and you are shown off new content. If Elder Tale has 20 million players and WoW which doesn't even have half of that generates interest, hype and an incentive for people to care about new content by showing off trailers, doing interviews with developers and what not, what happened by the time the new expansion of Elder Tale came out? Did the internet as we know it die out? Did gaming decline and only MMORPGs managed to stay? Why did people not find it even a tiny bit suspicious that the people behind Elder Tale didn't reveal a single bit of information on the new expansion? How do they not know something like new legendary class quests?

Why did they mention earlier that the big guilds were aiming to get level 91, as if it was something surprising? Did the creators expect levels 90-100 to take months? Why are they hunting level 85 monsters when there should be new content to help them level up that the players should know about?

sentience said:
ibrahim2712 said:
Can someone tell me why that little girl and boy wont just fucking walk out, if they die they respawn wtf are they so worried about, they act like they will die for real.....

Seriously they can literally force their way out

The consequences of being bullied, hunted, cornered or blacklisted for PK-ing later on if they choose to walk out, plus they are suddenly whisked into the game world without knowing much except that they can respawn.

Though I think it's mostly their fear and sense of helplessness that is holding them back, until this episode when they showed their determination. Also, they were previously told by Shiroe to be patient and also to wait for his plan to work.

There's also the death penalty which, along with the above, would probably cause them to lose everything they own extremely quickly.
Kikoman589Aug 27, 2014 9:36 AM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Oct 19, 2014 7:57 PM

May 2013
Hmm, Marielle and Henrietta got the guild masters of Roderic Merchant Guild, Marine Agency, and Shopping Street 8 to agree to their negotiations. That's another step up for Shiroe's plan. They don't call him the Villain in Glasses for nothing.

Apparently, he's gathering the guild masters of twelve guilds.
Let's see them all fall into his hands.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 15, 2014 7:45 AM

Sep 2014
im a sucker for politics, so i just love this episode. This show its becaming one of my favorites
Jan 19, 2015 8:46 PM

Nov 2014
I loved all the negotiating and inner thoughts this episode, that was really interesting and fun to watch. I really like Marielle & Henrietta so I enjoyed this episode a lot. xD
Feb 19, 2015 8:22 AM

Sep 2014
So much hype for episode 9 :)
*which I will watch after a sandwich break XD*
Mar 3, 2015 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
Oh my oh my next next next....
Those money bastards are trolled lol.
May 2, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2015
Whistles, that was some negotiations.
Jun 8, 2015 7:34 AM

Sep 2014
Really enjoyed the negoatiations, kinda reminded me of Maoyuu.
I wonder though why those two twins can't just leave the guild themselves, that's pretty much a basic in all MMOs.
Funny to see Henrietta recharging herself with Akatsuki.
Looking forward to the next negotiation episode!
Sep 20, 2015 6:15 PM

Feb 2013
Good episode.

I'm really starting to like Shiroe a lot. Hes kinda like the Light Yagami of this universe, so much so that I feel he may even go down a similar path to Light. I don't think hes called the VILLAIN in glasses for nothing =P.

I cannot wait to see what happens in the next episode, shits about to go down.
Oct 11, 2015 2:52 AM

Jul 2008
The war has begun....now we need a judge, a snarky prosecutor and an OBJECTION!!!
Jan 2, 2016 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
Well, I certainly didn't start watching this show hoping for some wheelin' and deadlin' and finding out the economic intricacies of this virtual world, but I must say they handled it very well. They kept my interest and I enjoyed the way they displayed everyone's true thoughts and feelings during some surprisingly intense negotiations.

The Villain in Glasses. Made me chuckle. I was amused by the sneezing when Shiroe was spoken of. I should be tired of that gag in anime, but it works on me every single time.

I'm not sure some of the sweatshop aspects of Hamelin hold up under close scrutiny, but it's an amusing direction to go. I'm glad we got more insight into the twins and by extension Hamelin's other "slaves." Sometimes the strongest chains aren't physical.
Oct 10, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
Well that went surprisingly easy for them, they fell for it pretty fast.
"Villiain in Glasses" is a very appropiate name for him.
Apr 26, 2018 1:06 AM

Apr 2009
Villain in Glasses? Really? I know it's just a moniker but a villain? Hmmm...

Anyway plans within plans eh.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 26, 2018 1:14 AM

Jan 2018
I think it's a fitting name, considering the nature of an online game is usually competitive where everyone strives to make a name for themselves but still want to stay anonymous.
Feb 24, 2019 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
Marie invited Karashin (8th Shopping District Center) to make a deal with him, obtention of ingredients. Thoya and Minori are still in trouble. Marie and Henrietta invited Michitaka (Marine Organization) and Roderick (Roderic Merchant Guild) to the meeting too, to create an agreement about ingredients and Crescent Moon's secret recipes, they accepted. Other guild leaders are going to have a meeting about the same topic with Marie, specially because Shiroe is behind everything.

Dealing episode, not that much, but I think that, that they did is gonna be important in the future.
May 30, 2019 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
firstblood said:
i liked SAO but seriously Log horizon is so far atm better that SAO, i cant really compare the both except the fact that they are stuck in a mmo rpg, The MC is in my top 5 of MC of all the series i watched(watched over 150 series+)

this episode was really awesome even without actions, really looking forward for the next episode

shiro with hes plotting make it shine a lot more then sao 😁

re-watching and it still makes ne gringe like first time

also amusing to se ppl who are inexperienced with this type of negotiations put in making the negotiations like mariel, trying to keep her pocker face while panicing inside i don't envy her 😂
Sugram22Mar 14, 2021 2:48 PM
Sep 7, 2019 1:02 AM

Mar 2016
Step 2: Negotiations
Not gonna lie, the Villains in Glasses doesn't sound so stupid for Shiroe. After all, he pretty much has thought out his plan and predicted what every single party out there would do. I absolutely love how Shiroe is dominating them all even though he's all the way in the background doing his paperwork at the moment.

You have to be one trashy person if you yourself would take advantage of the no-rules world and hire kids to be in perpetual child labour. It's not slavery because he got the children's consent. But since they work all day every day, it's definitely child labour. I'm glad Shiroe said that he would not only save the siblings but also wipe these guilds off Akihabara. Hopefully, this goes into effect ASAP cuz I wanna see these guild masters faces when they have to move out elsewhere.

Now the conference of influential guilds is coming...
Mar 14, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2016
Villain in Glassses be like, everyhting according to keikaku.

Ngl, MMORPG is not exactly my cup of tea, but this anime makes up with taking it's time to flesh out the plot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2020 5:02 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Man, the amount of times people did the "villain glasses" thing this episode XD and not just Shiroe either!

Looks like the plan is coming together.
Jul 13, 2020 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
Ryzor said:
Man, the amount of times people did the "villain glasses" thing this episode XD and not just Shiroe either!

Looks like the plan is coming together.

They all need to go have their glasses fitted properly.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2013

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.