Forum Settings
Forums

What's the weirdest reason you've avoided or dropped an anime?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2013 2:57 AM

May 2012
I dropped Gantz with like four episodes to go because I didn't give a shit about the filler ending arc.

I've also been avoiding Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann because it sounds too idealistic, and Sword Art Online because of all the criticism it gets, even though I spent money on a DVD of the series which has been sitting on the shelf for six months.
Nov 4, 2013 2:58 AM

Jul 2013
Avoiding Grave of the Fireflies because I don't want to sink into a deep depression afterwards
Nov 4, 2013 3:05 AM

Sep 2013
I could definitely top this list as one of the worst/stupidest reasons to drop an anime.

I dropped Zero no Tsukaima not because of the annoying characters, pandering plot, etc, but because the Saito (the mc) never changed clothes.

He always wore the same damn blue jacket. He was teleported into another world with only that jacket, so after a while it would make sense that he would start wearing clothing of their style. But he wears that same. Damn. Jacket. Every day. It should get raggedy or messed up from all that wear, and Saito just seems dirty because of it.

At least with shonen anime I imagine to myself that the main characters just have five pairs of the same looking clothes. But because Saito transported to the other world, his stupid blue jacket is the only one in existence. What would you think of someone who wore the same shirt every day? It just seems messed up or dirty.

As far as I know sometimes Saito wore a cloak, but his stupid jacket was still under it. Hell, the other female characters sometimes wear different clothes depending on the occasion. I'm overthinking things, I know.
"you think you're bad, don't cha?"
Evangelion is "a commentary on human nature and Japanese culture, particularly otaku and hikikomori, couched in a metaphysical allegory within a Science Fiction background."
Nov 4, 2013 3:17 AM

Oct 2011
I stopped watching Ben-to because the theme is about food. I just thought it was stupid to fight like a martial arts expert just to get a discounted bento. Though I might pick it up later
Nov 4, 2013 3:35 AM

Jul 2013
BlueKite said:
I stopped watching Ben-to because the theme is about food. I just thought it was stupid to fight like a martial arts expert just to get a discounted bento. Though I might pick it up later

I find that amusing, might pick this up.

It's like Fight Club with Lunchables.<<<<ok, that line just forced me to have this upgraded to "high" on my priority list.
1L0can0Nov 4, 2013 3:39 AM
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Nov 4, 2013 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
I dropped Coppelion at epi 2 cuz the girls are so fucking white, like hell, give those girls some colors.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2013 3:45 PM

Dec 2012
TheProxy said:
I could definitely top this list as one of the worst/stupidest reasons to drop an anime.

I dropped Zero no Tsukaima not because of the annoying characters, pandering plot, etc, but because the Saito (the mc) never changed clothes.

He always wore the same damn blue jacket. He was teleported into another world with only that jacket, so after a while it would make sense that he would start wearing clothing of their style. But he wears that same. Damn. Jacket. Every day. It should get raggedy or messed up from all that wear, and Saito just seems dirty because of it.

At least with shonen anime I imagine to myself that the main characters just have five pairs of the same looking clothes. But because Saito transported to the other world, his stupid blue jacket is the only one in existence. What would you think of someone who wore the same shirt every day? It just seems messed up or dirty.

As far as I know sometimes Saito wore a cloak, but his stupid jacket was still under it. Hell, the other female characters sometimes wear different clothes depending on the occasion. I'm overthinking things, I know.

Lol this is hilarious. I noticed it but it didn't bug me too much.
Nov 4, 2013 10:25 PM

Nov 2013
I haven't ever really dropped anime, the only one I did drop was Shakugan no Shana at season 3 after the first episode because I didn't like what they were doing with it.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Nov 4, 2013 11:36 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
I dropped Luck star in the first episode because they were talking about the different ways to eat a chocolate croissant.....

I thought I was the only one...
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Nov 4, 2013 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
Nonyflah said:
tsudecimo said:
I dropped Luck star in the first episode because they were talking about the different ways to eat a chocolate croissant.....

I thought I was the only one...

It was a cornet. As a huge fan of Lucky Star, I too found the first episode hella fucking boring. Luckily, I sticked through it or I wouldn't have experienced such a great moe sol anime.The first episode of Nichijou also bored me to tears but since episode 1, it's hella funny.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Dec 2, 2013 10:44 AM
Dec 2008
Everybody drops anime for strange reasons.
Dec 2, 2013 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
Because incest.

But eventually I decided to watch it. Now one of my favorite shows ever. :P
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 2, 2013 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
The only anime on my dropped from which I know why it's there is one piece. Just because it would take like a decade to finish and I can't find even a single reason to watch it. Just can't seem to enjoy it.
The rest on my dropped list is on there because... uhm ... I have no idea actually ;)

I do plan on clearing my dropped list though
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Dec 2, 2013 6:21 PM
Dec 2008
The only reason I avoided watching was Pretty Cure especially the first series. Because I heard that Canada and UK aired it which it's unfair since 4Kids couldn't get a TV deal for it long ago.
Dec 2, 2013 6:28 PM

Apr 2013
I dropped Shiki because people were dying too slow and I got impatient
Dec 2, 2013 7:48 PM

Apr 2013
I struggled watching Bartender, but I was able to finish it.

The show didn't have a plot plus its atmosphere was kinda gloomy which made me sleepy...

Dec 2, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2013
Just like the first few posts I haven't watched Clannad yet because I'm not a fan of the character designs. I'll get around to it someday when I'm in the mood to cry over romance anime. I also won't watch certain anime series if they have too much romance in them. I really don't like romance anime so I try to avoid it if possible but its virtually in every anime. It can also ruin anime a little bit for me like with Anohana's ending. I do feel obligated to watch some romance animes though (like Clannad for example) but I have to be in a certain mood to watch them which more or less sucks. :/
Dec 2, 2013 8:15 PM
Jul 2012
Clannad because the first 4 minutes were bad in every way. You see some emo guy saying pretty relatable emo things, then suddenly to see autistic girl saying random stuff in public with her eyes being about half her face, then suddenly the mc talks to her by saying something that was pretty much against everything he just said, he acted out of the character in the first 3 minutes, anyone with a similar personallity woulda just walked past the girl. It still had a fairly serious tone for a school anime but then suddenly you have some random comedy about the guy's best friend who looks like a girl that is getting literally squashed by 1 million girls in the school corridor, what the hell is this. Don't want to go through a season of such things I generally dislike in anime for it to get real in the second season and then kill all of the meaning with a reset ending
Dec 2, 2013 9:59 PM
Nov 2010
Avoided Kanon because apparently it was just a worse, more moe version of Clannad, which was already painful to watch.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Dec 2, 2013 10:12 PM

Oct 2013
i dont think i dropped any for "weird" reasons mostly its because something annoyed me or i felt that the ending was going to be tragic.

only other reasons are for Tantei Gakuen Q which really was i just lost the mood to continue watching it as i felt it was getting overly repetitive,

as well as Otogizoushi because i disliked how the first arc ended and i find it stupid how the second arc
Dec 2, 2013 10:13 PM
Mar 2013
I've never dropped an anime yet, at worst I'll put it in my holds list and work through it one episode at a time.
Dec 2, 2013 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
The characters.. sometimes I don't feel like finishing an anime because I get uninterested in what will happen to them!! I'm also avoiding Clannad at the moment because I hear it's really sad and I can't watch sad animes. I end up staying sad for days after it! Maybe will give it a try during Christmas Break!
Dec 2, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
I've avoided Fairy Tail because my sister is watching it.
Dec 2, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2013
i dropped umineko no naku koro ni for 3 reasons.

1) that beatrice witch lady kept on changing her skirt every 5 minutes after the 1st arc which was distracting

2) kanon looks like a girl and is voiced by sasha's voice actor from attack on titan (he's got a girly name too). he's also kinda crushing on jessica who's voiced by armin's voice actor. so then i started imagining sasha and armin hooking up and that was disturbing

3) the characters kept on insulting furniture in that show which was offensive
Dec 3, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
I've avoided Clannad till now because the eyes just bugged me, as a result I've spoiled myself already hard because the damn spoilers are just too irresistible.
Dec 3, 2013 4:18 AM

Aug 2012
Everyone seems to hate Clannad eyes, and to be perfectly honest I did too. After watching the PV for Clannad I was astonished as to how that anime received such high ratings. It was so random and the character designs made it worst. After watching many episodes I eventually got used to it, and now I actually like it. Why? Because it's unique, and not something you see in many animes.

And I've avoided watching Naruto even though I enjoyed it in my childhood days simply because my brother makes it sound like the best anime ever.
Dec 5, 2013 6:34 PM
Nov 2013
I avoided watching Hetalia after the first episode because I found out that the episodes were so short. I have also avoided watching Fairy Tail mainly because it reminds me of One Piece which I don't like.

As for Clannad, tried watching the anime awhile back and the main girl's voice was too squeaky and whiny so I stopped. I've avoided it ever since...
Dec 5, 2013 6:36 PM

Nov 2013
Yaoi for middle-aged pedophiles known as Boku No Pico that I refuse to watch.
Dec 5, 2013 6:37 PM

Sep 2012
yadayada said:
Is that really a weird reason for avoiding something?

You don't like the subject matter of something.. it only makes logical sense that you would avoid it.
Dec 10, 2013 6:42 PM
Dec 2008
I have avoided Crayon Shin-Chan but I hated that wife on husband beating out of freaking nothing. I didn't want to bring up this anymore.
Dec 10, 2013 6:43 PM

Sep 2012
Fruit Basket, them weird eyes.
Ofcourse I'll be your hero!
Dec 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Aug 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
I've avoided Clannad till now because the eyes just bugged me

This ^. The eyes of the female main characters to me look like dolls' eyes and it feels as if they are watching into your very soul. All of them look creepy to me.
Dec 10, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Oppai groping scenes (Yozakura Quartet)
Lack of direction and disinterest (Kill la Kill)
Hair (Sukitte Ii Na Yo)
Looked weird (Kamisama Kiss)
Creepy supernatural stuff (Shinsekai Yori)
Ugly MAL photo (Psycho Pass)
Neko's oppai (K)
Dec 11, 2013 1:48 AM

May 2012
Dropped Little Busters because Riki's voice was too much like a girl. And Rin's voice really annoys me.
Dropped Uta no Prince Sama because fangirls hate on Haruka too much.
Avoided Kill la Kill because I don't like Ryuko's appearance (the revealing outfit and all that >.>)
mapotofuuDec 11, 2013 1:58 AM
Dec 11, 2013 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
B Gata H Kei,
Dec 11, 2013 7:03 AM
Oct 2013
Forgetfulness said:
I haven't watched Clannad yet, solely because dem eyes

Same, I'm not sure why but for some reason the eyes, man. THE EYES.
Dec 11, 2013 7:07 AM

Nov 2013
Red_Keys said:
yadayada said:
Is that really a weird reason for avoiding something?

You don't like the subject matter of something.. it only makes logical sense that you would avoid it.

Sorry I have a habit of not completely reading thread titles.
Dec 11, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
one of the things thats keeping me from watching one piece at a consistent pace is that i really dont want to get to the time skip where all the character designs aside from luffy look absolutly horrendous, plus i hear the first 2 post time skip arcs are arguably 2 of the worst in the series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 11, 2013 10:10 AM

Feb 2013
Dropped Naruto because i hate Naruto being a wipy, winy, little bitch.
Dec 11, 2013 10:26 AM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
one of the things thats keeping me from watching one piece at a consistent pace is that i really dont want to get to the time skip where all the character designs aside from luffy look absolutly horrendous, plus i hear the first 2 post time skip arcs are arguably 2 of the worst in the series

I loved the new character designs for most of them, but I can support the theses that the arcs after the timeskip are a bit lame/slow, particularly the first one. The second one is much more entertaining, but the pacing issues are still pretty overwhelming :/.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 11, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2011
I dropped Manyuu Hikenchou because there were too much tits (sounds preposterous, doesn't it?).

patsuan said:
Dropped Naruto because i hate Naruto being a wipy, winy, little bitch.

Don't know what anime you watched, but it's Sasuke and Sakura that are the whiny little bitches. Since he learned Rasengan, Naruto's whiny moments come very rarely.
Dec 11, 2013 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
Cowboy Bebop, I try to go into most series with little to no expectations and i feel like i have been enjoying a lot of different stuff because of it but every time I restart watching this show I can't around what I've heard from everyone about this show being so great. I'm enjoying it enough that I'd put it around a 6 or 7 if I actually ever finished it, but I can't just see what makes it the godly classic that it is.
Dec 11, 2013 11:00 AM

Jul 2013
i dropped Fate/stay night because of main character is on "Naruto mode" (friendship, i will save whole world etc) and he is like "I'm main character, so I can't loose" ...

also I dropped SAO because of
Dec 11, 2013 12:19 PM

Nov 2013
kaktanternak said:

I've done it too with Haruhi Suzumiya S2 with the endless eight.

Well, I don't know if this actually would b categorized as a weird reason to drop an anime, since I picked it up on the end of the arc ;z
Dec 11, 2013 12:25 PM
Dec 2008
DGemu said:
kaktanternak said:

Well, I don't know if this actually would b categorized as a weird reason to drop an anime, since I picked it up on the end of the arc ;z

Oh yeah, everyone was annoyed with that arc. All you have to do is the skip one of these episodes and move on.
Dec 11, 2013 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
kokoroanime said:
DGemu said:
kaktanternak said:

Oh yeah, everyone was annoyed with that arc. All you have to do is the skip one of these episodes and move on.

Yea,and idk how I'd classify it on my list. Completed, but skipped episodes? Wouldn't sit right with me if I labeled it completed since TECHNICALLY the episodes had difference in some events and clothing. Eehhhhhhh...wouldn't exactly b on hold or watching, huh.."dropped" seems like the best way to describe it..

OT: One reason why I dropped an anime was because there wasn't enough ecchi. Days of my youth..
Dec 11, 2013 12:43 PM

Nov 2010
DGemu said:
kokoroanime said:
DGemu said:
kaktanternak said:

Yea,and idk how I'd classify it on my list. Completed, but skipped episodes? Wouldn't sit right with me if I labeled it completed since TECHNICALLY the episodes had difference in some events and clothing. Eehhhhhhh...wouldn't exactly b on hold or watching, huh.."dropped" seems like the best way to describe it..

OT: One reason why I dropped an anime was because there wasn't enough ecchi. Days of my youth..
Or you can just watch all of them at once.
Dec 11, 2013 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
DGemu said:
kokoroanime said:
DGemu said:
kaktanternak said:

Or you can just watch all of them at once.

Thank you and this youtuber, and curse me for not thinking this would be done. Time 2 burn 25minutes.
Dec 11, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
I can't really think of any time I dropped an anime for a weird reason, its usually because they are shit.
The weirdest I can think of is dropping R-15, as the series was pointless with its censoring and would of been better off as a straight up hentai.
Dec 11, 2013 1:45 PM
Dec 2008
ElPysCongroo said:
I can't really think of any time I dropped an anime for a weird reason, its usually because they are shit.
The weirdest I can think of is dropping R-15, as the series was pointless with its censoring and would of been better off as a straight up hentai.

You can just dislike me, because I have finished R-15 and thought it was fun and good to watch. I understand the point about censoring but they're censoring it on TV just to promote the DVD sales. And that's why the manga sold poorly in Japan.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which characters do you think would be good at beheading?

Shizuna - Jul 10, 2023

28 by tappioca »»
10 seconds ago

» which anime world would you NOT want to visit?

removed-user - Apr 5

28 by tappioca »»
37 seconds ago

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime

RobertBobert - 5 hours ago

20 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
55 seconds ago

» Anime Code geass adapted novel

gebels - Apr 6

1 by tappioca »»
57 seconds ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

82 by Inuki »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.