Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2013 4:21 PM

Oct 2011
I wonder how deep they are into the Dorsian territory.. Guess we'll find out next episode.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Oct 18, 2013 4:26 PM

Oct 2011
Yet another incredibly enjoyable episode. Valvrave never fails to keep one entertained, I'll give you that. And Akira is finally getting the airtime that she deserves, it was about time.
Oct 18, 2013 5:27 PM

Nov 2011
Dat fucking OP.

Here's the radio preview of the full song (single released on Wednesday).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J9p1CJIgQc
neontasterOct 18, 2013 7:05 PM
Oct 18, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2013
I truly hate Satomi after this episode and finding out what he did to Akira, he's honestly an asshole, and I came to love Akira's cuteness even more.
Oct 18, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2009
fst said:
Is it just me or is this season a lot more... restrained... than the last one.

Thankfully.
Oct 18, 2013 8:55 PM

Oct 2012
Hnnnggh, Akira always needs more screentime.
Oct 19, 2013 1:11 AM

May 2013
i hate that kind of half ass pussy shit brother

ok episode, so sad for Akira
Oct 19, 2013 1:32 AM

Nov 2007
This anime is beyond help, and I love it! Something's wrong with me, lol. XD
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 19, 2013 3:17 AM

Jul 2008
Now sure how big of a loss Haruto and his friends will have to suffer in the end after this.
Oct 19, 2013 2:24 PM

Jun 2012
I think that was actually a good way to end the episode.

Oct 19, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
Akira sneaking around in a Sunrise box... Akira, "You lose."

So I guess Valvraves aren't equipped for re-entry. But it looks like they have a new birdy toy to sell to the kids. "Familiar"... oh this mecha-vampire anime.
Oct 20, 2013 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Kurogashi said:
need more valvrape

I believe that we will see much, it seems more serious this second satgione! XD

Episode between comedy a little silly, and effusions of brotherly love a bit exaggerated and misplaced, in addition to being tedious to prolonged exposure to which we viewers had to watch the rest of the narrative was not propio unsurpassed, but was left with watch attention. Plot that seems to want to turn the page and abandon the head shots seen in the previous series. And giving a continuity of content to clarify your intent. The final episode, it promises a good result! * _ *
Technically good, design and animation of Sunrise are good.
Rating a bit exaggerated, but I only increased the value of a point, you can forgive me the error! : P
Oct 20, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
Is that a more advance version of Guren's Radiant Wave. Jeezz .
Oct 20, 2013 2:27 PM

Dec 2008
L-Efl: Don't touch that!
Satomi: *touches*
Dumb ASS!!!

So, did Satomi ask Akira to hack into the entrance exam for him?
Oct 20, 2013 7:05 PM
Sep 2012
Say what you want about the episode but ELISA REALISM is freakin' epic. Like something out of an opera...
Oct 20, 2013 7:07 PM

Aug 2010
Loved the sneaking in the box tatic...Metal Gear Solid!!

Was a decent episode, nice character development and such. The brother is an asshole but hey can't really blame him for what he did...He definite not as strong willed as Shouko
Villetta_Nu said:
L-Efl:

She did it by herself
Oct 21, 2013 7:05 AM

Jul 2010
I'm honestly surprised by this episode. It was actually good.
So, even Sunrise's actual writers know what is it a backstory of a character.

Anyway, the Sunrise box was the most brilliant thing I've ever seen in Valvrave.
Oct 21, 2013 11:25 AM

Feb 2011
So what was the point of Akira finding all those frequencies of the other ships if they were just gonna crash land on their own ship anyway?
Oct 22, 2013 7:45 PM
Oct 2010
Akanezora said:
I'm honestly surprised by this episode. It was actually good.
So, even Sunrise's actual writers know what is it a backstory of a character.

Anyway, the Sunrise box was the most brilliant thing I've ever seen in Valvrave.

Pretty sure Akira was hiding behind a fort of them in S1.. can't remember though.
Oct 23, 2013 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
I thought she was gonna die, I am glad she's still alive :3
Oct 25, 2013 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
wow how horrible Akira's brother treated her, no wonder she is such a recluse.
Oct 26, 2013 11:27 PM

Apr 2009
Had a feeling Marie and Akira could get along. Seeing those two talk is one thing I liked in this episode. Lots of Akira screentime is another.

More Satomi scumbaggery from the past revealed.
Oct 28, 2013 9:54 AM

Jul 2010
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
L-Efl: Don't touch that!
Satomi: *touches*
Dumb ASS!!!

I couldn't help but laugh damn you Satomi!!! XD
Oct 28, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Very very good episode in terms of directing and story. I love how it swaps between the present and the past, and also keeps the tension high in the fighting surrounding the Earth landing, yet gets us to have much deeper understanding of the characters Satomi, Akira and their relationship.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2010
First thing i have to say is that Akira's brother is the worst kind of trash, i have siblings myself and i would never abandon them especially not in those situations.
Akira's parents are partly to blame her i know it's normal in Asian culture to push there kids but there are limits the bullying part, well lets just say kids who do things like that are also trash.

The rest of the episode was done rather nicely i have to say, like that Akira managed to get another friend.
Nov 20, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2011
Time to catch up on this series. I think I see improvements from the first season already.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 5, 2014 5:50 AM

Jun 2008
I really don't get all the Satomi blaming going on here. He never asked her to pull the hacking shit she did and then he was supposed to take the blame for her actions and fail at his school, get bullied and have his parents treat him even more like shit because she is cute and she doesn't have to suffer the consequences of her actions?
Don't give me the shit that she did it for him. So what? It still was her fucking idea and her actions. If some guy goes and kills someone that bothers you so you can feel better you think that later you should be responsible for the murder he committed? Just because someone is an idiot and acts totally out of sense you should be blamed because he used you as motivation?

Then we have the bullying. If he tried to defend her he would get bully too. So her life wouldn't get any better really but she would just feel better cause her brothers suffers with her? And the guy was just a kid. Really why blame a kid for being afraid?
His behavior wasn't bad it just wasn't the usual super heroic shit. It was just a normal behavior from a kid being scared.

The truth is that he gets blamed because his a guy and she's a cute girl.
If it was the other way around everyone would say "But what can a little girl do to help against bullies?" but he doesn't get the same despite also being just a small child and at that small ages boys and girls aren't that really different even in terms of power.
Just because his a boy his suppose to suffer everything in her place for actions she did by herself.
Sorry but that is some really sexist bullshit.
Jan 7, 2014 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
To be perfectly honest, whomever wrote the plot for this show basically copied just about every scenario from Gundam Seed, and replicated them in no particular order..."we veered off course to save Akira and the Valvraves, we're in enemy territory" just like when the Archangel veers off course trying to save Kira and the Strike, and instead of landing in Alaska, they drop down right down in ZAFT controlled Africa....I can go back thru every episode just about from this season and the last season and point out every parallel to GS...that's quite sad imo, but I guess when you're Sunrise, you can do whatever you want in regards to shows you made in the first place....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 19, 2014 2:49 PM

Dec 2012
I liked the focus on Satomi and Akira, season 2 is actually turning out to be enjoyable instead of laughable. Looks like the breast fondling loli-ish girl has noticed something's off about Haruto, wonder when his secret will finally come out and if he's going to end up losing control on someone unsuspecting.
May 7, 2014 1:19 AM

Feb 2013
Akira went all Metal Gear Solid with her hiding under that box. Lol Akira? Akira! Akiraaaaaaaaaa! Yeah, I it was hard to see her older brother not help her in the past in school. I was amazed she was caught hacking into the school mere seconds after she finished. Damn, she has a messed up past. No wonder she's a recluse. I really thought she was gonna die this episode. Haruto can regenerate quickly! He lost an eye but regenerated minutes later. Good episode.
Jun 14, 2014 3:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hacking the system from her own home, biggest mistake Akira made when she was little. She should have gone to a secluded building with Internet connection and not risk getting caught.

If I were Akira I'd coldly reject being saved by Satomi. All those times where he stood and watched her get bullied he left.

Ouch in that explosion.

Sep 18, 2014 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
That was a very touching flashback... I know it's their parents' fault for pushing him but Satomi is still a fucking bastard. Saving Akira now won't make up for whatever he did in the past. It's his fault for pushing that button that caused the fight to break out anyway.
May 28, 2015 6:02 AM

Feb 2012
My favorite character is getting a spotlight.

That back story is so sad 😭

2021 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusMar 21, 2021 3:04 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 17, 2016 7:42 PM

Jul 2009
Nice to see more Akira. It's obvious she was bullied. but didn't know she was already a born hacker at an early age.

Yeah her brother is a wuss, just like Haruto. If only he didn't press the button in the first place none of this would have happened.
Mar 21, 2017 1:37 AM

Jun 2009
Akira is quickly rising up to my favorite characters list, after Shouko and Marie of course though.
That new opening with L-Elf running through his ex-comrades and them looking disappointed hurts me.
Mar 22, 2020 5:03 AM
Nov 2014
Bullying is a can of worms most shows would rather not get into. Those who do often end up in caricature, and Valvrave falls into that territory. The writing around Akira is rushed at best. They also threw in the "everybody has a tragic backstory cliche". Too much dilutes the impact.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.