Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat Sonora and her dodging skills~

Ah I like Yura more this episode now like she's more back to her old self. Great match. I liked the intensity of not just the movements but also the fact that the girls are seemingly enjoying the fight.

I'm glad everyone is back together now to be honest. Yura's smile. I miss this:
http://i.imgur.com/kJjvk1W.png
Sep 19, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2012
Coming back to yourself is too late to save this series, Yura. The BD/DVD is already on sale....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 19, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Last episode was far better than I expected it to be.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 19, 2013 10:03 AM

Apr 2009
Eh. It was okay. I preferred the second half of the series to the first, but I think this ending rushed to the conclusion (though the conclusion was fine itself).

4/10 overall, but I'm being harsh. No, I'm not counting the next episode as a proper part of the story. The story is now over.
Sep 19, 2013 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
Sempai vs. Yura. Actually this is so fun to watch because they are having fun and sparkling. And the elegant girl inviting rest of them to watch from above. Then Yura ran out of bbtama and elegant girl helped out. While watching, they became wanted to do more. Into 3 teams? lol @ fun with all those expressions and such. WT... what's with that setting with Yura's imagination and involving the whole students? After all these, sempai girl invited everyone to visit her. Yura invited two girls during the school at the end.

It's more like they are doing extra story for next week because this ep. looks like final to me.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 19, 2013 12:13 PM

Feb 2008
Imagination Breaker!!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 19, 2013 2:38 PM
Dec 2012
Disappointed. Sonora, at first, said it was a one-on-one duel. Nonetheless during the duel, Yura asked Rento for backing her up. Didn't Yura lose against Sonora when Yura ran out of bullets? Besides other members joined it to disrupt. The intense duel turned out mess. It ruined the serious atmosphere. Also a certain scene was confusing. I wonder if it was her personal delusion or a shared hallucination. Seemed like the creator wanted the duel to be a happy ending anyhow. That execution felt forced and unconvincing. A happy ending itself is not bad (though it's disappointing in light of the story development so far), but execution is the problem here.

Overall the character settings of Rin and Sonora felt forced throughout the entire seires. I feel sorry for Yura. It felt like she was fooled by them. I can't help but think she is a victim of Rin and Sonora in a way. She was rather innocent at first, but then Sonora coaxed her to play serious, and Rin also agitated her. Yura followed their advice, but they criticized her as if it was her fault. Maybe the creator had some deep thought behind the execution, but I think it's meaningless if it is not conveyed to the audience.

It felt like a finale, but I saw a PV of next episode at the end. Hopefully it will not be disappointing.
Sep 19, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
It was nice to see all the girls playing together again, I guess they wanted to to show everyone having fun rather than focusing on Yura vs Sono and the others just watching. Still, I can't believe she brought everyone into her dream world that was crazy.
[center]
Sep 19, 2013 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Well this surely felt like a season finale rather than just a normal episode but there was a PV at the end so I guess there's still more, I can't imagine what though.

I'm glad Yura finally came to her senses to be honest, i couldn't stand the way she was through half of the series, it honestly annoyed me and made me want to not watch it anymore. It was lovely seeing the girls enjoying themselves again and Yura overcoming her own mental obstacles. I'm already figuring the next episode is just going to be some sort of fanservice, I don't know how they plan to make a conclusion since this was already a conclusion in itself.

And what was up with the entire forest turning into a military school, this show needs to have the "Supernatural" tag added to it.
Sep 19, 2013 5:40 PM

Aug 2012
This felt like such a finale, that im surprised there is more. Im glad that Yura stopped acting the way she was, and now back to how she was before. It was nice seeing everyone enjoying themselves and being happy together.

Not really sure what to expect from the next episode this could have worked fine for a conclusion.

Sep 19, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, what did I just watch? Looney Toons with girls and guns?

I knew Yura would regress, but man am I still disappointed she did.
Sep 19, 2013 6:00 PM

Jan 2012
I don't think Yura really is the same as she was before though. She's even better now as she's gotten over her initial issues she had when she started the show. She's finally at peace with her initial issues she had at the start of the show and the ones that developed because of those issues she had in the middle of the series.

I was extremely happy with this episode and even though there is another episode this one cemented this series as one of my favorite anime now. It was nice seeing Yura grow as a character.

Kami_no_Kage said:

I knew Yura would regress, but man am I still disappointed she did.

It didn't seem like a regression to me. Choujirou set her straight.
EsuraSep 19, 2013 6:03 PM
Sep 19, 2013 6:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kami_no_Kage said:

Lol yeah there was a lot of chibi in this episode, felt a little out of place. At least everyone had fun at the end. This definitely feels like a conclusion, not sure how the next episode will play out.
Sep 19, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2012
Start off as a match between Yura and Sonora,but eventually the rest of C3 join in.

They all have a match against each other,and for the first time in a while they actually enjoyed themselves and had fun.

Mega delusion,C3 vs Stella Academy.

Guess Gainax is running out of a budget with all the chibi forms and still frames this episode.
Stark700 said:
Yura's smile. I miss this:
http://i.imgur.com/kJjvk1W.png
Me too.She somewhat redeemed herself this episode imo.

This episode really felt like a last episode.
Sep 19, 2013 7:17 PM

Aug 2013
That. Was. Amazing! :D

Yura did exactly what she needed to: lost the shy and scared part of herself while not changing who she is. Loved the way everyone joined in, because that's exactly what would happen, can't resist! Very happy they did the "everyone enters Yura's dream world" thing that I figured they would do, that was awesome.

And this is the finale (and one of the best finales to anything ever!), the next episode is quite obviously a bonus episode.
Sep 19, 2013 7:20 PM
Oct 2010
I thought for a moment we were having a "Yura Instrumentality" ending XD... but I guess not.

Gotta say it was disappointing as the conclusion (starting from the previous episode) could have been a lot more interesting, but at least it was entertaining...

I still wonder what was the point of changing so much the mood.

Well, there it is, dunno what to expect from next episode as this indeed felt pretty final. But for now I'll give this a 6/10.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 19, 2013 7:42 PM

Apr 2008
Ajunky said:
I thought for a moment we were having a "Yura Instrumentality" ending XD... but I guess not.
With 1800 students shooting at them instead of giving aplause.

BTW, pretty much all the bullet dodging in this episode. Felt like I saw it in older anime.
Lupin III's move ?
Sep 19, 2013 8:00 PM

Feb 2012
The zaniness in this episode kinda reminded me of the airsoft episode in FLCL. Actually, I can't believe I didn't connect the two this entire time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2013 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was more funny then the previous episodes. Yura is back fighting Sonora in a one-on-one battle, Pretty entertaining. I lol with those chibi scenes taking it a lighthearted fight rather than a serious fight. Though it kind of ruined the the serious atmosphere, but it's still pretty funny. Also I liked Yura in this episode now she is back to her usual self.

It felt like a finale though it looks like there is one more episode left.

Sep 19, 2013 9:45 PM
May 2011
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK I JUST WATCHED!

Also did there budget go to shit. so many still shots and barely animated scenes. Felt like the old school gainax
Sep 19, 2013 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Hmmm... For me to sum up this series it would be codenamed: friendship building, It was alright I guess.

Gets a 7/10 from me.

EPIC FAIL This wasn't the last episode.

Well as for this episode.
All I have to say is that is some good dodging skills.
removed-userSep 19, 2013 10:34 PM
Sep 19, 2013 10:41 PM

Aug 2013
hybrid100 said:
Also did there budget go to shit. so many still shots and barely animated scenes. Felt like the old school gainax

Still frames are great for montages of things that take place over a long time, like some of the battles here, or the tournaments in Ep3 and 8, that's nothing to do with budget. This episode was even a mix of stills and standard at the same time, I thought it worked really well. Also, still frames are always much higher quality than freeze framing during an animated section, so they make excellent pictures and wallpapers. :D

Like these!
http://i.imgur.com/U8Pd5Y3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9k3v6Mi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rO5ERK6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sgHxiVL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VxTIbYG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4DEhGb4.jpg

Those six are currently all my wallpaper, rotating through.

This is pretty awesome too: http://i.imgur.com/okzC9jy.jpg
Sep 19, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
It was actually somewhat enjoyable with Yura not being so serious that it kills the entire episode. Reminded me of the first few episodes which were "good".

Arguably could of ended the season with this episode but that is of course pending whatever they decided to finish it off with next week.
Sep 19, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode! It was a pretty light but satisfying ending with Sono-chan being a bad-ass against Yura-chan. I know there's one more episode, but let's just assume the next episode is going to be a filler episode :P
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Sep 19, 2013 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
Shit this wasn't the last episode.
I thought it was.

Some weird animation and sound effects. Not the mood I was expecting
Sep 19, 2013 11:27 PM

May 2013
Good episode. One more left.
Sep 20, 2013 1:11 AM

Jun 2008
Wait...that wasn't the last episode? That sucks, now the last episode is probably going to be some crappy no-resolution episode. They should have just let this be the finale, it really worked well as one.
Sep 20, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
i knew they never would, but it would have been nice to have a downer ending.
they built up with it so well then they just go for the rainbows and sunshine sorta ending.
im mildly disappointed. From what ive seen, this show really hasn't been selling, there wouldn't have been any harm in going full Spec ops: the line with the ending. hell, it might have got some more people to buy it.

and yes. i do know there is one more episode.
Sep 20, 2013 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
Holy shit, fuck Yura. Rento is the best!
The show would've been better with her as main character.
Sep 20, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
The ending made it seem like the last episode but that wasn't the case which is a bit confusing.
Guess we should see the last episode like a OVA or something like that.

This episode somewhat seemed a bit to peaceful after what happened in the previous episodes, there wasn't even a single commend about Yura being away for a while.
Guess that's how their club is.
That school turning military scene was vague but it somehow fitted the anime.
Sep 20, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2010
Here comes the SUPERNATURAL tag. I LOVE IT.

Sep 20, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Haha, love that Yura Reality Marble/Airsoft Instrumentality Project.
Sep 20, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
I thought this is the last episode :P
Sep 20, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2013
the fuck was with all those weird movements and faces?! the queen of sadists? the fuck!?
Sep 20, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
lol. The animation was odd for this, liked seeing her powers in action again however. Also two new club members? Hmm.
Sep 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
What is up with Yura's powers? Like seriously what the hell. If it was just like a visual thing then what the hell were they shooting at? Trees and misc. students? Anywhoo awesome episode I really like this anime. Sad it will be ending next week ; - ;
Sep 20, 2013 3:41 PM

Sep 2010
REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL

the goofy theme of the ep was really fitting, Karila being unfaithful "PLEASE COME BAAAACK" was hilarious
Sep 20, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode.

However, I have no clue what the deal is with Yura's supernatural powers anymore. Before I thought it was meant to symbolize her innonence with the game and how much fun it was, but now... I have no clue. Perhaps this was just fantasy by the girls? Seems too silly.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 20, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2010
Totally felt like the last episode, and probably should have been.
Sep 20, 2013 5:58 PM

Aug 2012
RediceRyan said:
Shit this wasn't the last episode.
I thought it was.
Sep 20, 2013 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
Has no one here heard of a bonus episode? Aren't those pretty much par for the course?
Sep 20, 2013 8:12 PM

May 2013
Lol, Karila has been cheating on her gun.

So first up is Sonora vs Yura.
Then, Sonora and Karila vs Yura and Rento.
And then, Sonora and Karila vs Yura and Rento vs Honoka and Yachiyo.
And finally, C3 Club vs the other 1800 students of their school.

Damn, I missed Yura's imagination.
Yura invites two other people. I hope they join in a maybe second season.

It felt like a final episode, but I guess there's a bonus episode.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 20, 2013 10:51 PM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one enjoying whole series? I really don't understand all the people whining.
Sep 20, 2013 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Am I the only one enjoying whole series? I really don't understand all the people whining.

You are not the only one.

And Yura redeemed herself but I still hate her hair... Rento is still my favorite.
MaurokiSep 20, 2013 11:13 PM
Sep 21, 2013 7:22 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, what a nonexistent animation. Wow, what a nonsense battles. Wow, what a useless supernatural addition. Wow, what a lack of consequences to anything that happened.

The only thing worth anything in this episode were funny faces.

Edit: Sorry, I went too far. There was plenty of Rento being cute after all, so this episode is actually above average for this show. Which is still pretty bad.
ProgeuszSep 21, 2013 7:27 AM
Sep 21, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 2013
Next week is a bonus ep so? Because it seems like an end to me.
5/10 for me. I liked it at first, but the second half was bad and it's not with the last ep that it can save the anime, at least, for me.
Sep 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
eminagnam said:
Disappointed. Sonora, at first, said it was a one-on-one duel. Nonetheless during the duel, Yura asked Rento for backing her up. Didn't Yura lose against Sonora when Yura ran out of bullets? Besides other members joined it to disrupt. The intense duel turned out mess. It ruined the serious atmosphere. Also a certain scene was confusing. I wonder if it was her personal delusion or a shared hallucination. Seemed like the creator wanted the duel to be a happy ending anyhow. That execution felt forced and unconvincing. A happy ending itself is not bad (though it's disappointing in light of the story development so far), but execution is the problem here.

Overall the character settings of Rin and Sonora felt forced throughout the entire seires. I feel sorry for Yura. It felt like she was fooled by them. I can't help but think she is a victim of Rin and Sonora in a way. She was rather innocent at first, but then Sonora coaxed her to play serious, and Rin also agitated her. Yura followed their advice, but they criticized her as if it was her fault. Maybe the creator had some deep thought behind the execution, but I think it's meaningless if it is not conveyed to the audience.

It felt like a finale, but I saw a PV of next episode at the end. Hopefully it will not be disappointing.

Exactly how I felt she wanted to get better and she did.....but it seemed to me that somehow Yura got so good I felt they got jealous of her steady rise of skill. I know that's not what happened in the anime but its the only way I can explain their weird reaction towards her. I wish she stayed like that for a while with the motivation to get better but in the end they chose the typical your not having fun so it doesn't matter how good you are a jerk for trying to get good wtf??

In real life people would chose someone who's going to help them win especially in tourneys as the anime showed they took part of often , not someone who plays for the hell of playing. Winning is fun but idk it felt like the creators didn't know what to do after Yura got good so idk
Sep 21, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2009
I preferred it when Yura was more of a loner to be honest.

If the duel had concluded and Yura had won, that would have been great. Even if it was the other way round, then I would understand her joining the C3 again as there was someone in it better than she was.

I was disappointed that the duel was essentially scrapped though. I was at least hoping that it would come back down to Sonora and Yura again by the end. Alas it was not to be.

Most disappointing episode in weeks unfortunately and I loved this show.
Sep 21, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
That was a fun episode I guess, wish Yura stayed evil though. Seems like a missed opportunity for a unique ending though even though theres one more episode.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Sep 21, 2013 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
That was definitely a disappointing episode for me, especially since the previous episodes had built up a dark atmosphere. I really enjoyed Yura becoming more independent and headstrong.

I'm still hoping for something spectacular or at least out of the norm to occur during the last episode, since it is directed by the same person in charge of the mindf*ck that was Episode 4.

Even though it seems like the last episode might simply be a filler episode, it can still be heartwarming if it tells the after-story of Sonora leaving for America and how much all the members miss her.

P.S. I'm still not counting out the slim possibility that Yura's godly powers will be put to extreme use. (Reviving Sonora and Rin's old master anyone?) It's clear that she has powers far surpassing that of even Haruhi Suzumiya.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amarrez - Jul 18, 2013

129 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

» Anyone else think the OP is really catchy?

Riptos - Aug 5, 2013

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.