Forum Settings
Forums

What manga would you NEVER recommend and DEFINITELY recommend to read?

New
Aug 29, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
Also give a reason. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2013 3:13 AM

Mar 2009
NEVER
Hot Gimmick!-sure, the art is good, but I can't recommend any shojo with a character weak willed enough to hang out with horrible human beings, call them "friends", and let themselves get blackmailed into sex.

Peach Girl-similar to above

ALWAYS
Basara-there's no group I can think of that I wouldn't rec this to. Want an improbable shojo romance? Check. Want awesome epic fights? Check. Want a great plot and a sweeping epic? Check. Want a great female main? Check. And to me, great female leads can certainly have self doubt, it's about if they get over it and stop letting themselves be abused, mentally or physically.

Firefighter Daigo-kind of the cream of the crop for pure action shonen. There aren't really any villains (unless fire counts?, but fire isn't capable of thought), which probably makes some shonen fans uncomfortable, but it has some of the greatest action scenes with barely any slow down.

Banana Fish-fantastic drama, also has good action scenes. Though I don't recommend this to younger readers, not only because it does have off-screen rape, but because I know I wouldn't have appreciated this when I was younger.
Aug 30, 2013 10:56 PM

Dec 2010
I can't really think of many series which I would never recommend other than the obvious, obnoxiously-long and progressively cliche and melodramatic ones.

I would definitely recommend Uzumaki, along with pretty much everything else Junji Ito has ever done - I haven't read anything by him I didn't think was at least "very good - and Uzumaki is his best work. Brilliantly bizarre with an incredibly creative premise, and mind-blowing artwork. Also, Ibitsu is awesome for anyone who wants to read a supremely creepy story with excellent (and equally creepy) art.
Aug 31, 2013 12:24 PM

May 2013
FallnKnightFakir said:
NEVER
Hot Gimmick!-sure, the art is good, but I can't recommend any shojo with a character weak willed enough to hang out with horrible human beings, call them "friends", and let themselves get blackmailed into sex.

Peach Girl-similar to above

Cool synopsis. Now, you make me want to read them. lol
Sep 1, 2013 10:44 AM
Nov 2012
Girls Bravo - it's excruciating boring and advances absolutely nowhere
Sep 2, 2013 7:37 AM
Jun 2013
NEVER
-Puella Magi Madoka Magica the manga.
Jeez that adaption was rushed and crappy, better if avoided
-Black Bird
The heroine has lived with the power to see demons since she was a kid, and she acts like its all new to her, she never takes caution, and she is whiny. Her love interest is a tengu who is her teacher and in every chapter she gets wounded and he has too lick her wounds. And did I mention that he wants her to marry him? And did I mention that already in the 1st volume a Kitsune shows up out of the blue and asks for her hand in marriage, and he's a total dick.
What annoys me more is that the mangaka just recycle her old heroines from her previous manga.

DEFINETELY
Azumanga Daioh omnibus
-holy octupus legs, I just love that manga. Azumanga Daioh is a very charming slice of life 4koma with funny characters with good chemistry, its funny and witty. The plot is nonexistent but that doesn't matter at all because those small happenings, cleaning up after school, P.E. class and walking home from school is what makes this manga and everything you can enjoy about it.
Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba&! is perfect examples of why Kiyohiko Azuma is the master of slice of life comedy.
Sep 2, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2012
definently= vinland saga
Jan 25, 2014 8:43 PM

Apr 2012
Sakura72 said:
Also give a reason. :)
In order to not be locked, I would like to emphasize this.

I thought this thread is worthwhile because for us "online manga readers" on Mangahere, there are a lot of popular manga that are literally shit.

Extreme Examples.

Tokage no Ou - the summary looks good. The story is interesting except that it does not even make an attempt at resolving all the mysteries, because it is the "prologue" of some obscure light novel...

Over Image
AND
Real PG - both titles are set in a game world where the gamers are trapped in a fight-or-die (or seems like a fight-and-still-die) situation. Sounds like SAO? Nope. Infinitely worse.

Yankano! - Never expect anything out of a 5 chapter, unless it is named watashitachi no shiawase no jikan, rec, or hotel (and some other titles too).

HIGH RECOMMENDED
High School Musical
Gong Bao Chicken (both are 1-shots) - why? having read these two you can join us sophisticated manga fans in flaming the hell out of these titles. High School Musical is the worst rated manga on MAL by the way.

Coming from your talented necromancer bunny!!!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 26, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
I do not really have one I definitely wouldn't recommend because if I even get one chapter in and do not like a manga I won't read it.However....

I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND Kamisama Hajimemashita!
It's a very beautiful romance that has made me cry and smile many times.The plot is clearly well thought out and will keep you flipping to the next page.It is ongoing and is currently at 108 chapters.If you love romance... And handsome fox demons ;) then you should for sure read this!
Jan 26, 2014 11:46 PM

Jan 2014
Never recommend: Any manga that overly relies on the power of nakama/friendship to overcome anything and the good guys are so overpowered that they win every. Single. BATTLE. ARGH. I'm looking at you: Shounen manga in general.

Always recommend: Any manga that has the ability to elicit a strong emotional response from me - excitement, fear (for a character's life), tears, joy, laughter, anger even. Anything except possibly annoyance/frustration.
Jan 27, 2014 1:07 AM
Mar 2013
DocN said:
Never recommend: Any manga that overly relies on the power of nakama/friendship to overcome anything and the good guys are so overpowered that they win every. Single. BATTLE. ARGH. I'm looking at you: Shounen manga in general.

Always recommend: Any manga that has the ability to elicit a strong emotional response from me - excitement, fear (for a character's life), tears, joy, laughter, anger even. Anything except possibly annoyance/frustration.

Thank you for your contribution.

Manga I'd never recommend: velvet kiss. It's just sex 24/7

Manga I'd recommend
-chikan otoko really good romance story. Hilarious and kept me interested throughout to see who he would end up with
Aes_theticJan 27, 2014 1:11 AM
Jan 27, 2014 6:26 AM

Jun 2011
bunny_lover said:

HIGH RECOMMENDED
High School Musical

Lolwut? I don't watch Mars of Destruction and waste 30 minutes just to see how horrible it is. :3

Aes_thetic said:

I heard that there is actually a story behind all the sex. I've seen one of the mangaka's previous work, every chapter had at least one sex scene, but the story was pretty decent and fun to read, not to mention, they're vanilla :p P.S. I heard that it was because the magazine the manga was published in need sex in every chapter, somewhat like a requirement

I'll recommend Gun x Clover, it's a shounen action with ecchi, nothing deep, but it's fun to read, with a likable OP protagonist.
ToG25thBaamJan 27, 2014 6:34 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 27, 2014 7:16 AM

Mar 2012
NEVER
Dog: even if m/m shota guro zoophilia was your thing; the art quality, length, and how much it dwells on its "genres" leave much to be desired.
090 Eko to Issho: short manga with unlikeable main female lead.

DEFINITELY
Gon: funny and good paced, not to mention that it's one of the few manga out there with barely any dialogue in it.
JoJo part 6: I find that it averts many of the tropes associated with female characters. Also, as a JoJo, it's about characters that find out creative ways of using their powers instead of powering up when they face new problems.
Jan 27, 2014 9:27 AM
Dec 2012
DocN said:

Whut?
Jan 27, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Never: Itoshi wo Tome - Kimi ga Kokoro wa

The premise seemed like a typical star-crossed lovers who just happened to be lesbian.
Hooooooo boy was the art bad. It was pretty but bad. Like the mangaka has never seen real naked woman in their life. It felt gross reading it.
The story itself ended up being flat, thanks to the characters having as much of a personality as the floor. I wouldn't wish this manga upon anyone.

Definitely: not simple
(no, not that it's not simple to describe but the actual manga's title is "not simple")

Natsume Ono is a class-A story writer and the amount of emotion packed into this single volume is outrageous. Life fucking sucks and you get to read about how it fucking sucks for 1 kid. I've never felt so much anger and sadness from a manga before on behalf of a 200-page fictional character.
Jan 27, 2014 7:38 PM

Nov 2012
Never: Akame Ga Kill!
It's literally one of the worst things I read(Even worse than Naruto). MC is really just another typical self-insert shounen MC, who acts before he thinks the majority of the time.
The characters are all flat, and uninteresting especially Akame. Not to mention the fact that all the girls fall for the MC for no apparent reason, even the psychotic ones who are also the antagonist.
The death of the characters are seen from far away too, the way to notice it is when they get a backstory chapter and fall for the MC.
The fights are lame and nothing special, the art is nothing special.
Jan 28, 2014 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
I recommend manga that I like. LOL Jks, I don't have anything I can really rec to everyone to like.

ing-chan said:
-Black Bird
The heroine has lived with the power to see demons since she was a kid, and she acts like its all new to her, she never takes caution, and she is whiny. Her love interest is a tengu who is her teacher and in every chapter she gets wounded and he has too lick her wounds. And did I mention that he wants her to marry him? And did I mention that already in the 1st volume a Kitsune shows up out of the blue and asks for her hand in marriage, and he's a total dick.
What annoys me more is that the mangaka just recycle her old heroines from her previous manga.

The art is really nice though. Plus, it provides excellent fanservice for the girls.
Jan 29, 2014 2:36 PM

Aug 2012
Never: Black Bird
The heroine is weak and cries entirely too much.
Also, anything by Minami Kanan. I don't hate her art, but I don't love it. Her stories always have the main female character getting molested, or at least, some guy trying to molest her, probably more than once. But of course..... in the end, she always falls for him!
Definitely: 1/2 Prince. Art's not the best, but it's still really good. The story's funny and the plot's great.
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan. Not the best art, but the story is really good. It's the only manga that's made me cry.
Ouran High School Host Club. It's one of my favorites, funny, and cute.
Jan 29, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
DestinedAngel said:
Her stories always have the main female character getting molested, or at least, some guy trying to molest her, probably more than once. But of course..... in the end, she always falls for him!

You should watch Diabolik Lovers because its basically what you said, but 1000 times more intensified LOOL but yeah I hate her works too
Jan 29, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Stop making these stupid threads...
Jan 29, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2013
Never: Hell season. I do recommend this, but as a joke. This manga is disturbing beyond words

Definitely: Onani Master Kurosawa. By far the best romance manga I've ever read. Simply amazing
Jan 30, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2011
Never recommend: Freezing. It is just horrible, the story is so overdone, the characters are cliche as hell and even the fanservice is bad so you might as well just read a hentai instead, the story would make about as much sense and you'd get some actual fanservice.

Always recommend: Dorohedoro. It is extremely creative and unique, the story is twisted and unpredictable, the characters are likable and engaging and even the fanservice which I usually despite is actually ok, mostly because it never distracts from the story or teases you, it gives you a a good look on the good stuff for few panels and that's it, you don't need anymore than this other than Dorohedoro is just a really great manga.
Feb 1, 2014 11:38 PM
Mar 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
bunny_lover said:

HIGH RECOMMENDED
High School Musical

Lolwut? I don't watch Mars of Destruction and waste 30 minutes just to see how horrible it is. :3

Aes_thetic said:

I heard that there is actually a story behind all the sex. I've seen one of the mangaka's previous work, every chapter had at least one sex scene, but the story was pretty decent and fun to read, not to mention, they're vanilla :p P.S. I heard that it was because the magazine the manga was published in need sex in every chapter, somewhat like a requirement

I'll recommend Gun x Clover, it's a shounen action with ecchi, nothing deep, but it's fun to read, with a likable OP protagonist.

Yeah, there is a story but that type of story has been used before. I won't say what it is since it's a spoiler but if you're going to read Velvet Kiss, i hope it's not for the plot but instead for the 'plot' nomsayin

I love your sig. Damn, some people really have good quotes in their sigs
Feb 1, 2014 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
Never: Fairy tail, extremely long and completely pointless since it has the worst writing I have ever seen for a shounen. Even naruto and bleach are more worth than this.

Always: Holograph- go read it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2014 5:25 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
I woulld never recommend any full on Shoujo Romance sort of one like Kimi Ni Todoke and such, if it's a rom com then I might possibly recommend it but even than the comedy has to be above the romance for me to consider it.

I'd recommend any Psychological, Dystopia sort of Manga such as MPD Psycho, Yokokuhan, Bloody Monday etc, because they are brilliant. To the extent that if they ever got an anime I'd actually considering watching it.
Feb 2, 2014 5:42 AM

May 2010
_ultima_ said:
Never: Fairy tail, extremely long and completely pointless since it has the worst writing I have ever seen for a shounen. Even naruto and bleach are more worth than this.

absolutely agree. even tho i dropped it way too late (after grand magic games arc)
time is absolutely wasted on this manga.
Feb 2, 2014 8:20 AM

Jun 2011
Aes_thetic said:

Yeah, there is a story but that type of story has been used before. I won't say what it is since it's a spoiler but if you're going to read Velvet Kiss, i hope it's not for the plot but instead for the 'plot' nomsayin

I love your sig. Damn, some people really have good quotes in their sigs

Yeh I understand. When I get to see I'll probably do it for the "plot". :p There are better quotes but I am choosing the underrated one.

I definitely recommend these series:
- Hanayashiki no Juunintachi
- Kimi ni Koishitei desu ka
- Again!!
- Diamond Life
- Samurai Usagi
- Haru no Houtai Shoujo
- Black Bullet
- Cat Street
- Shibatora
- Satou Kashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai
- Kakuritsu Sousakan Mikoshiba Gakuto
- Torikago no Tsugai
- Iron Knight
- Dr.Duo

They are good in their own way. Again, not complex, but it was good.
Feb 2, 2014 4:52 PM
Aug 2013
Never Recommend: Things that don't catch your eye right off the bat, seems pointless to read 50+ manga chapters to actually get into the actual story and develop characters.

Recommend:
-Magician
-Feng Shen Ji
-Blood and Steel
-Rain
-The Gamer
-Noblesse
Feb 3, 2014 4:31 AM

Jun 2011
It is sad to see that Mahou Sensei Negima is so under viewed. When people are talking about magic, no one remember MSN! ): Definitely recommending this to every shounen magic lover out there.
Feb 6, 2014 10:47 PM
Aug 2013
Never recommend: Fairy Tail: unlike Bleach and Naruto, it doesn't really get amazing even at the middle, and doesn't hold a candle to Groove Adventure Rave.

Naruto: becomes one of the highest potential battle shounen I have ever known, and then falls so so far I can't even rank it properly anymore. All he had to do was end the damn thing. Some of the war was good though which makes it hard to rank, but it never gets back to its peak. Takes at least 45 volumes to properly start to go downhill though.

Bleach: same as Naruto but falls much earlier. Around volume 37. This leads into a nihilistic pit of despair, then a small handful of good battles mixed in with dragging on plotkai followed by my most hated arc in manga ("deicide") then a meh arc and now one which is so broken I don't even know anymore. Problem is I still have bankai to see, and by the time I've seen them all despite the chapters getting worse and worse again (to deicide standards) I might as well complete the manga.

Oddly neither Naruto or Bleach seem as bad reading in volumes than chapters online. Don't judge by the rankings on my currently reading list because this is a restart account where I am trying to balance my rankings.

Always recommend: One Piece: my major interest aside from interesting powers, good backstories and most characters actually mattering is the political power structure. Luffy will become the king of pirates, but he's not going to suddenly become leagues stronger than anyone else. He will become the PK with the help of his crew and after going through a lot.

Hunter X Hunter: nen: the most interesting energy concept I have seen in battle shounen. A bit like how in Naruto back in its peak had some interesting uses of chakra, except a much more interesting system. Same sort of balance as One Piece in terms of power, and the characters are going to have their own enemies rather than in some battle shounen where the hero ends up being the one finishing things off.

Dragonball: If it were written today it would be called a copy of Dragonball (that's how good it is!), however it is a trope namer so is exceptional. Its beauty lies in its simplicity, with no need of villains with overly emotional sob stories. Why does Piccolo 1 do what he does? Because he is evil! Why does Frieza? For the lullz! Why does Cell? For the powaaaa! Why does Buu? Because he wants to eat sweets!
Feb 8, 2014 8:54 AM
Dec 2012
Recommend
Yotsubato
Liar game
Hinamatsuri
psycho mob 100
Sakamoto desu ga
Itou junji works
Ao no exorcist
Black butler
Horimiya
magi ( anime 2nd season is better though)
Tower of god
Iris zero
One piece

Wont
Bleach
Fairy tail
Assassination classroom
Kimi no iru machi
gantz
Eden no ori
Ge
Feb 8, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
orithyea said:
ToG25thBaam said:
bunny_lover said:

HIGH RECOMMENDED
High School Musical

C'mon, try it. It only has one chapter and ten pages (for now). It's worth it.
good troll is successful
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 8, 2014 9:06 AM

Mar 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
It is sad to see that Mahou Sensei Negima is so under viewed. When people are talking about magic, no one remember MSN! ): Definitely recommending this to every shounen magic lover out there.
And I'm definitely seconding this plu go straight to UQ Holder after finishing Negima.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 8, 2014 1:18 PM

Jun 2011
Recommended: My Favorite Girl
Reason: Short, simple, and sweet shoujo romance, only 4 chapters long, good way to pass time.
bunny_lover said:
orithyea said:
ToG25thBaam said:
bunny_lover said:

HIGH RECOMMENDED
High School Musical

C'mon, try it. It only has one chapter and ten pages (for now). It's worth it.
good troll is successful

If you mean that I have it in my completed list, then I'll say that I found it accidentally in the past and read it before your post :p btw it's true I probably won't watch Mars of Destruction though lol.

NeoAnkara said:
ToG25thBaam said:
And I'm definitely seconding this plu go straight to UQ Holder after finishing Negima.

Definitely! By the way Neo, can you tell me
Feb 8, 2014 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
Never: Freezing
Disgusting characters, disgusting artwork (though that might all be purpusly) and boring story.

Always: Tower of God
Awesome. Because, fantasy, coming of age story in a huge and well done high fantasy world featuring comedy, strategic battles, characters you will love and characters you will hate and character developement.
Feb 8, 2014 11:13 PM

Sep 2010
Never : One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail
I would assume everyone would already know these four, those that already have interest in it would already read it. Those who do not read it must had some reason not to do it, so it would be pointless to convince them otherwise. Even if by chance someone don't know these 4 and interested in shounen battle manga, I would still recommend other titles that is better.

Always : None
Depends on the person, tho i would be totally helpless if they're asking for shoujo or some special fetish stuff like shounen-ai or shoujo-ai, etc.
Feb 9, 2014 12:28 AM

Oct 2013
Never: Most shoujo shit i've came across.

Always: Oyasumi Punpun, always.
Feb 10, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2011
Recommending: Taiyou no Uta
Reason: Great story with a good positive message to pass across to the readers. My first 9/10 in a while.
Feb 10, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
Always: yokohama kaidashi kikou...an absolute gem of literature..

Never: kimi no iru machi..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 11, 2014 4:10 AM
Aug 2013
Never: Hmm... I'm honestly not all that sure on this point, never really read a manga I wouldn't recommend to certain people

Always: Well, quite a lot, to be frank, but here are a few

Oyasami Punpun - Emotional rollercoaster, absolutely brilliant to read, quite simply a must.

Berserk - A true manga epic, some may say it's overrated and the like, but it's something I would urge somebody to at least attempt to read

Feng Shen Ji - Quite an interesting Manhua, and is mainly an action series, but with some truly unique art, quite a nice story, and a lot of lovingly done
fight scenes
Feb 12, 2014 6:40 PM

Jun 2011
Omoide Emanon
Everyone has to give this manga a chance, it was beautiful, realistic art and phenomenal story. Still, I only gave this a 9 though because of various reasons, but yeah, try it out, it's a seinen and there are some nudity here and there.
Feb 14, 2014 4:30 PM
Feb 2013
I have never read a manga that I'd never recommend

I would definitely recommend Berserk for it's character and story development. It's pacing is great, as is the artwork. If it was a novel series rather that a manga it would probably be considered one of the best.

I would also recommend Cardcaptor sakura (quite a leap in genre) for it's story, art and character. If your are willing to read shojo your guaranteed a good story with clamp.

There is also vagabond and claymore for the same reasons as the other two.
May 9, 2014 11:19 PM

Oct 2013
NEVER:
Yosuga no sora - The manga was just plain boring and mediocre especially for a romance novel just bad IMO
FLCL - compared to the anime the manga really disappoints
Doubt - Manga was interesting in the beginning however characters just disappeared like it was nothing and became mediocre in the end

Always:
Noragami - Outright beautiful manga, good plot line, GREAT characters, GREAT character development, and entertaining.
Blood Lad - Good pacing, interesting characters, good plot, enjoyable all around.
Once Again - I try to inform people about this romance novel because its just beautiful the way they just play everything out really sucks you in and the ending is great definitely underrated
May 9, 2014 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
Another Simple Listing thread.

Never

Mahouka

Always

Boku Girl
Aku no Hana
May 10, 2014 5:07 PM
Aug 2008
Always:
Liar game
Webtoons:
The gamer
Dice

Never:
Naruto
May 11, 2014 7:42 PM
Jun 2013
Always:
The easy answer: FMA
Otherwise, everyone has different taste and it depends on the person
Never:
I know there are many people I have met who love the series I am about to list, but I reacted so badly to them I rarely even mention I read them:
Afterschool Nightmare
Parasyte
Ai Ore!
May 11, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
Always :
Vinland saga/ Vagabond- sure their not exactly the same but they curb stomp most popular mangas out there and if you are looking for something to keep you occupied hey are both over 100 chapters
March Comes in like a lion- obscure manga with great focus of charecters and their relationship a definite read for the more serious less action type person
Blue Giant - I ordered the japanese copy and read it just a couple weeks ago and boy do I want more. I really wish they could translate this for English readers they just need to see this great work about jazz
Never :
There are manga that come in mind but they are not that horrible.
"How you gona get up if you ain't never get down" - James Brown
May 12, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2014
Never:
Well, I don't like ecchi and such, I have to be honest though, I did watch a few episodes but I just don't like it so Futari Ecchi is a no.

Always:
Hunter x Hunter. I liked the art a lot (shounen) and the story + characters too. It's my favorite right now, so if you haven't watched it, you should check it out.

But in the end, everyone has his own style, so yea I just told which ones are for me a no or a yes.
I don't really give a fuck about what others think of me.
May 12, 2014 4:43 PM

Sep 2012
Never- After School Nightmare. You would think having a character that was neither a boy or a girl would make him/her unique and interesting. Instead they gave him the whininess of a bad shoujo protagonist and the "I must protect everyone!" of a bad shounen manga protagonist, creating the only manga which I was shouting at the main character to stop being such an idiot. It started out so good but turned repetitive and annoying quick, and the sudden nonsense ending didn't help either.

Always- Onani Master Kurosawa. It's actually my third favorite manga, but my first two aren't for everyone. While Onani Master Kurosawa may sound like your typical ecchi, in reality it is Death Note done the way Death Note should've been done. The main thing I remember about this manga was a plot twist in it that was so unexpected I literally thought it was a dream at first, until I realized "holy crap that actually happened?!". The characters are great. The humor's wonderful, the drama's wonderful, the art style takes some time getting used to but when you do it is wonderful. Kurosawa is a masterpiece indeed.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
May 13, 2014 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
DO NOT EVER IN YOUR LIVES READ LORD OF THE RING... traumatized me for a long long time... just don't

Do read OTOYOMEGATARI (A Bride's Story in English).

A Bride's Story tells the tale of a beautiful young bride in nineteenth-century Asia. At the age of twenty, Amir is sent to a neighboring town to be wed. But her surprise at learning her new husband, Karluk, is eight years younger than her is quickly replaced by a deep affection for the boy and his family. Though she hails from just beyond the mountains, Amir's clan had very different customs, foods, and clothes from what Karluk is used to. As the two of them learn more about each other through their day-to-day lives, the bond of respect and love grows stronger.

The art and story are so amazing and the whole manga just relaxes me...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

14 by Eziprez »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

380 by Kkulpanda »»
4 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Yesterday, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.