Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 28, 12:59 PM

Oct 2019
Do you read completed manga knowing somewhere down the line it was axed for some random reason?

Just had my bi-yearly thought about Act-age since I just love the manga so much.

But now that I'm thinking about it, are there even any more new readers for the series? Because I know I don't personally pick up a manga knowing it was axed even if the score is high.

How 'bout y'all guys? Do you read axed manga, fully knowing that eventually you'll grow to like the characters only to never know how their story ends?

If you do and if you have not already, you should read Act-age. That's just my totally unbiased opinion.
Feb 28, 1:33 PM

Dec 2022
Yeah, I have read them, and one is even one of my favourite mangas, but I don't go out of my way to pick them.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 2, 7:51 AM
Apr 2018
I usually avoid axed manga since it sucks getting invested and then left hanging. But hey, if Act-age is worth it, I might check it out.
Mar 2, 7:58 AM
Oct 2019
I just read I don't care if a series got axed if it interests me I read it up to everything available. It would be another story if I was currently reading the manga like if someone tell me tomorrow dress up darling is axed then yeah there no idea if I drop or never touched again.
Mar 2, 1:45 PM

Jan 2021
Most of the time, they are axed after I start reading them or I am not aware of them being axed. In the case of me being aware of it being axed, I start it only after looking at some reviews and looking at the number of chapters.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 6, 1:26 PM

Apr 2021
If we're talking about shounen jump axed, than I avoid them. I'm not really interested in newer jump titles, since I can't get invested in story with less than 30 ch and rushed ending.
I also avoid cancelled manga, what's the point of reading finished manga without ending.
Mar 17, 10:11 PM

Dec 2020
i don't mind too much tbh because at the end of the day if it intrigues me i at least want to see what it has to offer whether it ends up being good or bad, there can be good takeaways from it like aspects of the art or characters that you liked. i just go into it with a mindset like "okay this was probably axed for a reason, so don't be too surprised if it's mediocre or the creator has done something" at times.
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Mar 19, 2:56 AM

Jul 2009
I am usually unaware if the manga series is axed or not. Only axed manga that finished i know i have is Bleach and i haven't finished it yet. So yeah, i pick up an axed finished manga sometimes, if it is really popular at somepoint of its publication.
Mar 19, 10:03 AM

Aug 2021
yeah im down to be exposed to some cool ideas even if they turn out to be unfinished
i get kinda sad when its something really quirky thats axed oh well ill cry in the comments on mangadex but its worth it at the end just seeing what somebody came up with
Mar 24, 1:26 AM

Jan 2021
Runway de waratte was amazing...Same goes for Act Age. While the reason Act Age got axe was understandable. I will never forgive how they axe runway de waratte. Might be the best fashion/runway manga to ever exist. And yes I would still pick up axed manga, simply because why not

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Mar 28, 5:29 PM

Nov 2022
I was about to pick up Ayashimon right before it was axed. As soon as I had learned I didn't touch it. I had heard so many good things about it I did not want to get invested into a story I knew would never be completed. So personally if I can avoid it I will. But sometimes I'm already reading something then it gets axed.
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Jul 2013
I just buy whatever manga is available on Amazon. Simple as that.
Mar 31, 8:23 AM

Mar 2008
It's a tough decision to pick up something that you know will go nowhere. I dont know....i generally want to avoid it but sometimes i feel like maybe i wont care
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Aug 2019
The chances are very very low that I would...

More topics from this board

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
8 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.