Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2013 11:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A present for Shinku? :P Nice bonding this episode I guess.

Episode felt somewhat slow for me. Idk how this was adapted from the manga but Jun sure is determined. I'm also somewhat glad to see Kanaria this episode as well. It's been a damn long time.

Stark700Aug 15, 2013 2:01 PM
Aug 15, 2013 1:25 PM
Dec 2012
I didnt imagine Shinku would take care of Suiginto even if she arranged a truce with her. Jun was nice to Suiginto, perhaps too nice. He started to make another doll. Hope it will not bring him trouble.
Aug 15, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2009
Deep, deep musings on the nature of existence by Shinku there.
The interaction between her and Jun is very sweet.
Aug 15, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
This Series is getting better and better with each episode.
The Art is fantastic,
The music is beautiful,
The plot really progressing and well adapted and the characters personality are so much better than in the previous 2 anime series but those 2 deviated to much from the manga n the first place.

This series should defiantly be used as an example of why anime adaptations must be adapted to follow the original source material to the fullest detail and i give thanks everyday that this one got a second chance. there are other series which also deserve another chance but at least i am glad that one of my favorite series got the opportunity.

Also for those who are also reading the Manga The 2 latest new chapters just got released in English online Yesterday if u want to catch up and trust me when i say this, the plot is getting even more intriguing and it's defiantly worth to read :)
Aug 15, 2013 9:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yay we finally get to see wound Jun stuck in the N Field with Kanaria. And I told you, unwound Jun, not to make the new doll D: But I guess he really just wants something of his own because of all the things he went through. Man, that manager's words really got to him.

I liked the talk between Jun and Shinku, like how she asks what is the point of those words (in the picture book and the newspaper), and how she connected that to people's memories and proof of existence. Also, it was funny how Suigintou got mad at Lempika and Meimei :) Even though they're just glowing dots, I find the artificial spirits very cute.
Aug 15, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2013
Dam, the teacher that announced that Jun made the design is pretty dense.

I wonder if Jun is making a vessel for Kirakisho with those new doll parts... It's possible considering what the trapped Jun was saying... And the white vines at the end.
Aug 15, 2013 10:56 PM

May 2013
Hamelin said:

I wonder if Jun is making a vessel for Kirakisho with those new doll parts... It's possible considering what the trapped Jun was saying... And the white vines at the end.

I also think that the new doll Jun's making is for Kirakishou.
Aug 15, 2013 11:21 PM

Apr 2012
Unwound Jun builds the new doll, so he can change his static branch world into the main "tree" world. Obviously, his text messages have been preaching this for the last two episodes, but how is the unwound Jun convinced, though he realized that the messages might not be coming from the wound Jun (Otherwise, why would he keep the new doll parts a secret from Shinku?).

Well, for starters, the whole "out of my league" self-preaching is due to a lack of confidence. Instead of gaining confidence from his relationship with Saitou and Shinku, his boss' speech makes the unwound Jun attribute his lack of confidence to his particular unlucky fate. Second, all of this "temporary" servant spiel from Shinku only confirms the text messages' validity. The last nail in the coffin might just be the conversation between Shinku and the unwound Jun, while they read that book. Shinku believes that her sitting on Jun's lap is something that can never be taken away from him. On the other hand, Jun believes memories fade away and something concrete is needed to remember them, specifically, his own doll. Thus, the unwound Jun starts to build the new doll.

The plot seems to be picking up the pace, because the unwound Jun's character arc has changed sufficiently to put it in conflict with Shinku.
Aug 15, 2013 11:36 PM

Aug 2008
When that Laplace rabbit said something about Kirakishou not having a physical body (or something like that), I knew that Adult Jun making that doll is a mistake.

Shinku and Suigintou moments are funny as always. Saitou seems like a good person, but I'm not happy with how little screen time she has. It's like she's either an underdeveloped character, or she's not needed at all.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 15, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
babymilo91 said:
Hamelin said:

I also think that the new doll Jun's making is for Kirakishou.
Yup, sure looks like it. One crazy-ass doll, coming up!

Kashira.
Aug 15, 2013 11:52 PM

Jul 2013

Pretty wild way to open up a gift. I didn't expect that from Shinku.
Aug 16, 2013 12:47 AM

Aug 2010
jacnoronha said:

Pretty wild way to open up a gift. I didn't expect that from Shinku.

Yeah me neither O_o

Well good ep. The atmosphere in this series is really nice. I'm loving it.

Really feeling bad for Adult Jun though. His life is pretty miserable. But well at least Saito seems to genuinely like him and nxt ep looks to be SaitoxJun...Can't wait :D

Loved Jun's moment with Shinku...to bad she keeps calling him temporary. It must make him feel bad :(
And the part when he talked back and negotiated with Suigintou was awesome. Really liking his character.

About the new doll, well it was pretty obvious that was a trap by Kira...but still this will get the plot moving so I'm excited to see what happens when he completes it ^^
Aug 16, 2013 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
the moment some white vines crawl around the room.. "Oh, shit."

Saitou is playing a very important role here eh?
Aug 16, 2013 1:45 AM

Jan 2012
I don't understand how this is ranked lower than the second season. Some people now a days don't know a good show when they see one.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Aug 16, 2013 2:18 AM

Jan 2013
Love this
Aug 16, 2013 4:01 AM
Jul 2018

TOTALLY MISUNDERSTAND!! lol

Good episode anyways
Aug 16, 2013 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
Just a quick note from a manga reader.
This episode ends halfway through Tale 7 of the manga.
Judging from the next episode preview, epi 8 will probably cover another 1.5 chapters and stop at the end of Tale 8.
At the current pace of 1.5 chapters (epi 6 was at a 1.5 chapter pace too), I fear for the day that it ends up as yet another cliff hanger season as the 'arc' being covered now ends at around Tale 25, 18 Tales away from where we are.
Other than squeezing 3-4 chapters per epi for the final few episodes, another way where I can see them wrapping this up is stopping at around Tale 16, give or take a few chapters. But if they do decide to stop at Tale 16, they'll probably have to redact certain portions to make it feel more like a proper ending. ...I'll absolutely hate this option though.
bokuAug 16, 2013 10:01 AM
Aug 16, 2013 11:11 AM
Oct 2011
This anime seems to always be over before I realize it maybe because the work is to deep. I get suck into the low pace story before I realize 24mins is over. This just go to shows how good the rozen maiden series is.
Aug 16, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
Jun's continued loathing of his own life (which has a lot to do with his negative thinking) is hard to watch, though I like how he stands up against Suigintou while keeping her welfare in mind.

guyklc said:
When that Laplace rabbit said something about Kirakishou not having a physical body (or something like that), I knew that Adult Jun making that doll is a mistake.
Somehow I got the feeling nothing good could come from it when the box first made its appearance 2 episodes earlier and I also got the feeling that Jun will make the doll at one point. And so it proved.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 16, 2013 12:54 PM

Dec 2011
It might be a stretch, but the boxes shown here has shown 3, 4, and number 6. I guess this could either refer to different parts of one doll, or either adult Jun got the parts for Suiseiseki (3), Souseiseki (4), and Hina Ichigo (6)... but then again considering this might be a trap of Kirakishou, the second option is impossible.

Anyways, its nice to hear Nori and seeing the state of Jun and Kanaria! Can't wait to see what happens in Saitou's performance with the troupe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2013 1:53 PM

Nov 2012
As someone said it's getting better and better I would say it's even better than old RM.
Aug 16, 2013 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
Don't make that doll Jun!!! 0___0
Aug 16, 2013 4:22 PM

May 2011
Just hope there will be another season after this one.
Love the Unwound Arc. but can't wait for the next mindscrewing arc after this one. Will not spoil since I am reading the manga aswell. =)
Aug 16, 2013 6:27 PM

Mar 2009
Fiji said:
It might be a stretch, but the boxes shown here has shown 3, 4, and number 6. I guess this could either refer to different parts of one doll, or either adult Jun got the parts for Suiseiseki (3), Souseiseki (4), and Hina Ichigo (6)... but then again considering this might be a trap of Kirakishou, the second option is impossible.

It's definitely different parts of one doll - these numbers are just "issue numbers" and have no relevance to the numbers of the Rozen Maiden series.
Aug 16, 2013 10:00 PM
Mar 2009
He's definitely making a body for Kirakishou :/

Six episodes left, unsure how it'll turn out, considering the manga is up to volume 7.
Aug 17, 2013 2:11 AM
Jan 2013
Ohhhh, whatever Jun is making doesn't look good, I hope he get's busted by Shinku.
Aug 18, 2013 10:26 AM

Jul 2008
The animation/look of the dolls seems better to me than the original series. I don't mean like the animation quality or artistry (which is obviously better), but like perspective. The dolls actually look really small by comparison to everything. Like Suigintou holding a pocky that is almost as tall as her. Maybe it has been too long since I saw the original series, but I never felt that the dolls were THAT small. Or maybe it was just the way the angles were shown.
Aug 18, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
They are definitely much smaller in this series. I don't really like it either.
Aug 18, 2013 2:28 PM

Jul 2008
YummyRainbows said:
I'm kinda scared that the next episode is yet again going to be all about Unwound-Jun (and Saito... T_T). I know everybody's into their story and all, but I just find them both kinda stinkin' boring and lifeless as characters. (Just my opinion, don't hurt me! XD)

That being said, glad to occasionally see a break from all the melodrama by the Maidens.

And, I mean, really? Kanaria is friggin' cute. X)

lol I like Unwound Jun more than Wound Jun. I find his issues pretty relateable and he isn't as much of a pill as Wound Jun.
Aug 19, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
Well, finally something is planned, but it was quite boring.
Aug 20, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2011
Neonzel said:
I don't understand how this is ranked lower than the second season. Some people now a days don't know a good show when they see one.

Seems a lot of people turned this show down after seeing the first episode. I really hope the score goes up after it finishes airing. It really deserves it.

Anyway, I'm happy to see wound Jun again. I also tend to wonder what's with that white rabbit, and if he is friend or foe.
Aug 20, 2013 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
Meau94 said:
Neonzel said:

Seems a lot of people turned this show down after seeing the first episode. I really hope the score goes up after it finishes airing. It really deserves it.

Anyway, I'm happy to see wound Jun again. I also tend to wonder what's with that white rabbit, and if he is friend or foe.

That would seem to be the case but word is spreading again that the show is getting better, as a matter of fact since this has debuted the rank and the popularity has been steadily increasing with each passing episode so it will get better what we need is to bring more people to watch the show :)
Aug 20, 2013 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
Adult Jun sure knows how to drive a hard bargain eh, Suigintou? He's not over his trauma, but he's got other social... skills the younger Jun doesn't have.

So, it really seems to be a trap by Kirakishou to make older Jun craft a new body for her. Nice to hear older Nori and see Micchan again from the other world.

I wonder if we'll even see Tomoe again knowing how Hina Ichigo is already no more.
Aug 21, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
My favorite scenes were-
-when Shinku opened the present xD
-Suigintou's reaction to when Jun told her about the "flickery things" xD

Really good episode, I really like this series so far.

Aug 22, 2013 12:25 PM

Jun 2012
I guess he going to wind up making a body for Kirakishou. I liked the part with shinku opening the present.

Baddie007 said:
Ohhhh, whatever Jun is making doesn't look good, I hope he get's busted by Shinku.

Hopefully this does happen.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 25, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
This is getting really good, but the part about Shinku sitting on his lap was a bit awkward.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 31, 2013 7:43 PM

Dec 2010
this show was pretty good until the adult Jun told everyone he was a retard
Sep 17, 2013 12:29 AM

Nov 2009
I really hate how Jun is so submissive, ehhh >>

Well i loved the episode nonetheless :3
Great to see the JunThatWinded and Kanaria
Sep 23, 2013 4:57 AM

May 2013
Aww, Jun is feeling that "out of my league" feel.
Don't give up, Jun, don't give up! Oh come on, Saitou, don't treat Jun that way!
Oh, that's where the doll story comes from.

Aww, Shinku's taking care of Suigintou.
Jun knows how to make deals now. He's got Suigintou where he wants her.

We hear Nori's, Mitsu's, and Mr. Bunny's voice.
Wound Jun and Kanaria are back!

I knew it! It was a trap! Jun, stop making that vessel for Kirakishou!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 27, 2013 2:33 PM

May 2012
The book present scene was quite lovely, the pace and development of the story sure changed in these couple of episodes, and well it became rather weird but really interesting! The doll he's now making might it be the vessel for doll nr.7?
Oct 15, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2012
ahh the way it started off was sweet,

and i dont like the idea of jun supporting suigintou & shinku
but i guess its for a reason.

the entire time he was secretly making that doll I KNEW it was gonna be Kirakishou ,

mmm excited to see if he will finish building her before its to late.
Dec 7, 2013 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Strangely, I found it extremely simple the reasoning in the narrative. The plot reveals some of the doubts so far advanced, so it's easy to figure out what he wants to do Kirakishou after collecting the life energy! ^ ^ "
This series of Rozen Maiden while departing from earlier is not at all disappointing and I is involving more and more. Thanks to the new relationship between Jun and the dolls and the fact of focus in a way so deep in the psyche of the protagonist is both dolls, doing so in a mature and rational.
Drawings that always maintain that stretch so pleasant end with a colored design made of warm colors and relaxing. It's more like reading a picture book that see an anime!

Shinku ripping the wrapping paper because it is jealous, even if you do not want to admit it! Instead Saitou is misinterpreting what he thinks Jun!
The next episode will be interesting!
Oct 13, 2014 12:27 AM

Feb 2013
Who's Mitsu? Shinku was really cute with the way she was opening that present. That doll Jun is making is a trap? Is it a vessal for Kirakishou? Only time will tell. Good epiosde.
Oct 13, 2014 12:32 AM

Feb 2013
Shinku was really cute with the way she was opening that present. And it looks like the doll Jun is making is a vessal for Kirakishou. That can't be good. Good epiosde.
Jul 22, 2015 8:25 PM

Feb 2014
Between the present and the teapot, I hope Saito doesn't think that Jun has a love interest of someone besides herself. She obviously likes Jun, but these misunderstandings might cause her to give up on being Jun's girlfriend... :(

Ok, so I guess it's pretty obvious that Kirakishou has been sending these "New - how to make girls" books to Jun so that she can find a vessel for herself.

Naww Jun and Shinku reading a book together
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 5:06 PM

Mar 2014
It's getting a lot more interesting... although seeing how the haven't got to where I stopped reading, and it's halfway through, I'm starting to think I stopped reading at the climax...
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

219 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 5, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

118 by KinjiKido »»
Jun 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:42 AM

» How many chapters did they adapt

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 17, 2021

0 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 AM

» Is this a standalone series?

Shahjoo - Jul 4, 2013

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.