Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*bitch slap*
Finally, I miss this series.

The OST is somewhat different from what I remembered although I'm not surprised. I think it fits though. Wb Shinku:

Damn I miss this show, can't wait to see more~
I didn't expect so much tensions but on the other hand....

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Oh and they introduced most of the dolls which is nice.
Jul 4, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
Is it me, or is this a 'recap' of the orginal series? It has been a while since I saw the orginal rozen maiden series.

Well, atleast DESU is back.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 4, 2013 10:25 AM
Dec 2012
Meh, but perhaps their target audience would enjoy the series.
Jul 4, 2013 10:27 AM

Feb 2009
Do you know how to make a good manga adaptation? Compress the first 8 manga volumes into a 24-minute long recap.
That was a mess. I hate DEEN.
Jul 4, 2013 10:27 AM

Apr 2009
Rinso said:
Do you know how to make a good manga adaptation? Compress the first 8 manga volumes into a 24-minute long recap.

This was a recap, you know that right?
Jul 4, 2013 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Rinso said:

I think it was done on purpose. Its obviously aimed at those who have already seen the original.

This is not supposed to be remake.
rederoinJul 4, 2013 10:32 AM

Jul 4, 2013 10:34 AM
Jul 2010
Quick question: I haven't seen or read anything before(except 1st episode of the anime, which I didn't like). Will I be able to keep up with this if I start here?
Jul 4, 2013 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
waterflame said:
Quick question: I haven't seen or read anything before(except 1st episode of the anime, which I didn't like). Will I be able to keep up with this if I start here?

I don't think so.

It starts off with a recap, but I think its only intended to 'refresh' the viewers memory.
rederoinJul 4, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 4, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2007
Yes, if one walked into this without watching any of the other series it would probably be an instant drop. A compressed story with on onslaught of characters (each with their most prominent personality quirks played up to the max to fit within the squeezed time) would likely be quite off-putting. It works as a transition into the new manga adaptation, but to draw in new viewers, I'm not sure. As far as the rest, the animation and the music were about as expected.

And then you have poor Jun. Life turned upside down, basic beliefs questioned, all before the first commercial break, and what does he do?
Jul 4, 2013 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
Amarrez said:
This was a recap, you know that right?

rederoin said:
I think it was done on purpose. Its obviously aimed at those who have already seen the original.

This is not supposed to be remake.

That's the problem. If it was a sequel to a show, a recap would've been fine.
But this story hasn't been properly animated before. The old anime deviates from the manga in the middle of season 1, most of the things it established will be non-canon for this anime. And I think most viewers haven't read the manga.

I'm not mad or anything, just very disappointed.
mado_2kiJul 4, 2013 10:48 AM
Jul 4, 2013 10:47 AM
Jul 2010
OK, after a quick research this is what I get: this is an adaptation of the second series of the manga... but DEEN haven't really finished adapting("adapting") the first series...
So basically, their target audience is the manga readers... It's like they're saying "Yeah, that adaptation we did back then - it was shit, won't even bother counting it as an existing anime"
Pretty lame, if that's the case. But then again, the first manga is only 42 chapters, it should be easy and quick to read it.
Jul 4, 2013 10:55 AM

Feb 2009
waterflame said:
It's like they're saying "Yeah, that adaptation we did back then - it was shit, won't even bother counting it as an existing anime"

Not quite. The old anime(2 seasons and OVA) was made by Nomad, the story was mostly original and stopped following the manga pretty early on.
If you're confused, I recommend reading the manga.
Jul 4, 2013 11:41 AM
Jul 2013
It's "refreshing" to hear ALI Project in this Rozen Maiden anime~
Jul 4, 2013 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
The whole episode feels like a recap.... with updated art and animation of course...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 4, 2013 12:31 PM
Sep 2011
As expected from Omata Shinichi, the man who also directed Sankarea, the visual direction looks more artistic and compelling than what we're been accustomed to from Studio Deen's usual output. Love that stylish OP.
Jul 4, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
yeah the pacing of this was a bit...ehh...even if they gave the recap one more episode just to build some attachment to characters like souseiseki and hinaichigo it would have been much better, but seeing as this is supposed to be an adaption of the second manga i understand their need for not putting a lot of time into the first seven volumes.

the animation is pretty stunning so far, so i hope as they move into the second series we get some peppering of flashbacks from the wound world just to flesh it out a bit more. i'm reserving any judgements about the story until we get further into the unwound arc.
Jul 4, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
Oh man i am so disappointed of the fact that the first 7 volumes were adapted into a single episode. it really doesn't matter to me because i have read the manga but this would be confusing to a lot of people who haven't read Manga.

Well at the very least i can give them some credit that there actually trying to adapt the story-line of the Manga for this series and The fact that they have shown the events that lead up to the unwind world story arc since this story-line would have been far more difficult to understand without them.

Bottom Line i am just Glad that the series is finally getting continued because if there is one thing i hate the most is when series ends in a cliffhanger and not following the proper story-line.

The Art is rather intriguing the character resemble more as they appeared in the manga i just need time to adjust.

Glad the original cast is back it wouldn't have the same without them

]
Jul 4, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2009
KhanhCPham said:
Umm maybe I should pick up the previous seasons. I really like the art direction in this.

No, the previous anime has nothing to do with this. Completely junked.

This is a recap. Of the manga. Sort of (it changes certain things around to achieve all the necessary results quicker and easier).
Jul 4, 2013 4:42 PM
Dec 2010
This felt a bit nostalgic. I was pretty confused before it was aired if it was a remake or a continuation, but I guess they're gonna continue. It was nice to see the recap since I really wanted to see all the dolls first before going on.
Jul 4, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2008
It felt really nostalgic with this episode but I was so surprised how quickly they crammed into the first episode I mean i watched all the animes and read all the manga so i realized what was going on but for a person checking out the series for the first time I would be left in utter confusion!
Jul 4, 2013 4:57 PM

Aug 2011
rederoin said:
waterflame said:

I don't think so.

It starts off with a recap, but I think its only intended to 'refresh' the viewers memory.

Ahhhh is that so? I guess I'll have to put this on hold then since I haven't watched the original series. I thought that this was a remake since they didn't blatantly announce it as a sequel.
Jul 4, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2011
Shoujo_Q said:
KhanhCPham said:
Umm maybe I should pick up the previous seasons. I really like the art direction in this.

No, the previous anime has nothing to do with this. Completely junked.

This is a recap. Of the manga. Sort of (it changes certain things around to achieve all the necessary results quicker and easier).

I have to admit even being someone who watched the original anime, but have not read the manga, this actually started to become confusing. I love the slightly more stylized art style, and it seems to have a more serious atmosphere(less comedy) don't know if that was just because of the time constraint though.

Honestly kind of glad they just did a recap of the early stuff if it gets far more interesting later on. Rather have a quick recap of the start then never have the good parts adapted.
Jul 4, 2013 5:04 PM

Apr 2008
The ep was ok I guess... I think I'd rather have no recap to seeing the story so shortened and changed comparing to the original anime in 20 mins. But my hopes are still up for the rest of the series!

It will also take me a while to get used to the new drawing style, mostly the eyes, but it's still gorgeous, only different.
Jul 4, 2013 5:05 PM
Aug 2011
I had no idea the original anime was, well, pretty much most of it, not following the manga... Guess I'm skipping this till I read the manga, because, even though I know who the characters are, it is all confusing to me
Jul 4, 2013 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
Wait where is Barashishou? The eighth Rozen Maiden
Jul 4, 2013 5:42 PM
Jun 2007
wattttttttttttt
Jul 4, 2013 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
Well, that was quite confusing for someone hasn't read the manga.
ninja88880Jul 4, 2013 10:12 PM
Jul 4, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
It looks nice but even if this episode was supposed to be only a recap, it felt kind of off.

By the way first chapter "desu" count: 14
RocsasJul 4, 2013 5:59 PM
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Jul 4, 2013 5:52 PM

Mar 2009
AnimeFan500 said:
Wait where is Barashishou? The eighth Rozen Maiden

Barasuishou does not exist in the manga and, as a result, does not exist here (she was the Seventh, in any case, in the earlier anime series).

Spoiler for Rozen Maiden Traumend:
Jul 4, 2013 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
So is this a stand alone? A recap of what happend from S1-2?
Jul 4, 2013 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
nice recap, pretty important for new viewers imo. But yea, omg that graphics >~< looks so much better!
Jul 4, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2008
Saw the OP and BAM! Dat feeling of nostalgia slapped me in the face.
Jul 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Oct 2011
So this episode was pretty much a 'recap' of (the first 7 volumes of) the manga, and a 'reboot' of the original Rozen Maiden anime? You can't call this a 'recap' of the original series, as a lot of content in this episode was significantly different.

And I never knew that the original series story line deviated so far from the manga. So this episode felt a lot like it was catered for those who've read the manga more so than those who only watched the original series. :P
Jul 4, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
Also can't believe I forgot Miyuki Sawashiro voiced Shinku. Another big plus.
Jul 4, 2013 6:19 PM

May 2012
LOL.

The 1st and 2nd seasons of the anime adaptation by Nomad totally diverged from the original manga, especially the 2nd season. So, they were like the 1st anime adaptation of FMA.
Both anime seasons by Nomad aired and ended 1 year plus before 1st series of the manga finished serializing.
The 2nd series of the manga started serializing two years AFTER the 2nd season of the anime (Nomad) finished airing.

The 1st series of the manga ran from September 2002 to June 2007.
The 1st season of the anime (Nomad) ran from 7 October 2004 to 23 December 2004.
The 2nd season of the anime (Nomad) ran from 20 October 2005 to 5 January 2006.
The OVA episodes (Nomad) were released in 22 & 23 December 2006.
The 2nd series of the manga ran from 17 April 2008 to present.
This new anime adaptation is by DEEN.

I've only watched the 1st season (Nomad's), haven't watched the 2nd season or the OVA.
Haven't watched the DEEN's as well.

Never read the manga too.
ShirubaasouruJul 4, 2013 6:24 PM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 4, 2013 6:28 PM

Mar 2012
wow I thought it was fast but it was a whole 8 volumes . guess I might read the manga
Jul 4, 2013 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
it seems like a summary although they tweak it a bit. But I have no idea what is going on @@
Jul 4, 2013 6:50 PM
Oct 2012
They also add some stuff like the rabit and in the op. Think it's focused more to jun and the maker of rozen maiden dolls.
Life is not just about me, life is about more than me. It's about adventures, love, hope, trust, live, curious, betrayal, sad happy and many more, and this things happen because of our savior, jesus christ and God and the holy spirit.

Betrayal and sadness is for you to move on. So when you're sad don't think that only bad things happen to you.
Jul 4, 2013 7:00 PM

Mar 2012
Guess I should have rewatched parts of the anime before I jumped into this. Kind of got lost a little bit.

Rocsas said:
It looks nice but even if this episode was supposed to be only a recap, it felt kind of off.

By the way first chapter "desu" count: 14

Well, there's your answer.
TravSavageJul 4, 2013 7:04 PM
Jul 4, 2013 7:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haven't watched the prequel because I felt that the art was...ugly and not as close to Peach-Pit's art style as I would've liked. Good thing I've read the manga so I know where they're starting for the sequel, though I would've liked it better if they just remade the whole prequel too :( I like Studio Deen's animation style, even though they might not have the best anime. I love the ED too, Annabel has a nice voice. The recap did feel like it went by really fast, I thought usually recaps have a narrator so that it makes more sense? Well I guess it's too difficult to make a coherent recap of so many volumes in one episode.
Jul 4, 2013 7:12 PM
Jan 2012
Sssoo it's the adaptation of the second manga series, fair enough, if you haven't read the first series, the 8 volumes one, just do it, it is worth it.

I missed those dolls so much, cute and creepy, that's the RozenMaiden I love, 5/5.
Jul 4, 2013 7:43 PM
Oct 2010
So I want to watch this, what should I do?
Jul 4, 2013 7:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
nasadigital said:

Read the first Rozen Maiden series :) http://myanimelist.net/manga/98/Rozen_Maiden
Jul 4, 2013 7:52 PM
Oct 2010
tingy said:
nasadigital said:

Read the first Rozen Maiden series :) http://myanimelist.net/manga/98/Rozen_Maiden

Thanks! The whole series?
Jul 4, 2013 8:14 PM
Jan 2012
nasadigital said:
Thanks! The whole series?
It's pretty short, 8 volumes only [or 7 depending on the publisher], and some of them have few pages.

But what if Deen will make another alternative version with this? If it's only the first arc of the second season they haven't much material ._.
Jul 4, 2013 8:15 PM

May 2010
they skipped alot of stuff in the very 1st episode, i thought this was a reboot?
Jul 4, 2013 8:30 PM

Feb 2012
Seems interesting. I never watched Rozen Maiden since I knew the 2013 was coming out. I think this is pretty good though.
Jul 4, 2013 8:35 PM

Jul 2008
HeavenlyUser said:
Seems interesting. I never watched Rozen Maiden since I knew the 2013 was coming out. I think this is pretty good though.

IDK I wouldn't watch this without at least some previous Rozen Maiden knowledge.
Jul 4, 2013 8:45 PM

Oct 2010
I haven't read the manga for the original series but I read a summary of what went on in it so I wasn't too lost. Lol the opening with Ali Project gave me flashbacks of watching the original Rozen Maiden anime. The art was simply beautiful and I am really looking forward to the new season and adult Jun.
Jul 4, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2011
It was cool , wasn't really bothered by dat CG. OP is awesome.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

118 by KinjiKido »»
Jun 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:42 AM

» How many chapters did they adapt

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 17, 2021

0 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 AM

» Is this a standalone series?

Shahjoo - Jul 4, 2013

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

51 by deltablu »»
Sep 5, 2019 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.