Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh so Izuru is injured but not exactly in grave danger. That's a relieve I guess. The action was okay. Go Team Rabbits! Well, at least the episode took itself serious with the situation.

Oop, I see he is back as well in action. Why am I not surprised lol
Jul 18, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode. This series has surely improved from how it started.

Action was nice as usual. Seems like Izuru has become OP even when his Harmonic level is normal.

Lol'd at the part he became a smooth talker and everyone was blushing after they checked on him XD

He even asked Kei if she has the hots for him in front of the team and she didn't deny XD I would've thought they'd at least react to that but seems it's left for later.

So nxt up School invasion?
Jul 18, 2013 10:05 AM

Mar 2011
It's like Izuru just seduced everyone, including the males. LOL.
Jul 18, 2013 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
Ange is butthurt cause he/she can't beat Izuru (even with just his Red 5 Core) in a serious fight.
Jul 18, 2013 10:34 AM

May 2013
reiko_ said:

lol.
Jul 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
Izuru gettin' all the boys and girls XD

I love how Kei's cake totally just killed him hahaha
Jul 18, 2013 11:01 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
babymilo91 said:
reiko_ said:

lol.

That was actually pretty funny, though I am surprised at Asagi's reaction o_o he looked like he was in love. And I guess Izuru is badass even with just the core.
Jul 18, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
Since when did Team Doberman get hooked up with Amane?

Also I thought Amane was always suppressed by her superior and so the upper rank never recognized her insight and contribution, so why out of a sudden they identified her for promotion, and even a triple one at the end?

And the scene where Izuru got into an emergency situation that required AED after just one bit of Kei's cake is too slapstick. I wish the absurdness could be tuned down a bit because I could tell they also want the scene to be taken somewhat seriously (since it jerked Izuru out of the synchronization pattern he was caught up in before).

That said, the sakuga of the combat is nicely done!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 18, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
Hmm, the whole thing about how the JURIA system has separate DNA to the pilot was interesting, kinda make sense as to how 'love' affects the harmonics level and such, but, for example Izuru's change in personality, if prolonged for a longer period of time, will the DNA of the JURIA and the pilot be one? And will the Pilot not be 'himself' anymore??
On a lighter note, funny how much Izuru's manga skills represent if his normal XD

tingy said:
babymilo91 said:
reiko_ said:

lol.

That was actually pretty funny, though I am surprised at Asagi's reaction o_o he looked like he was in love. And I guess Izuru is badass even with just the core.

hehehe, he still is ;D

The preview for the next episode looks really interesting. Wonder if they're gonna touch whats going on with Asagi's body, since he's in the preview and all.
Jul 18, 2013 12:01 PM

May 2013
Great episode. I am wondering if Izuru's personality change will be back to his normal self because of his harmonic levels dropping back to normal. This is the most likely outcome;however, there is still some possibility that Izuru has just matured more (though the ability to draw manga is unexplainable by simple battle hardened maturity).

Also Kei and Izuru foreshadowing? Anyone else catching this in the last couple episodes? Which is interesting because I honestly thought and still think that if there is going to be any romantic relationship it is probably going to come between Izuru and Teoria.

Looking forward to the next episode.

jugann said:
Hmm, the whole thing about how the JURIA system has separate DNA to the pilot was interesting, kinda make sense as to how 'love' affects the harmonics level and such, but, for example Izuru's change in personality, if prolonged for a longer period of time, will the DNA of the JURIA and the pilot be one? And will the Pilot not be 'himself' anymore??
On a lighter note, funny how much Izuru's manga skills represent if his normal XD

tingy said:
babymilo91 said:
reiko_ said:

lol.

hehehe, he still is ;D

The preview for the next episode looks really interesting. Wonder if they're gonna touch whats going on with Asagi's body, since he's in the preview and all.

Will we finally find out if it is indeed a he?

Mod edit: merged double post
koleareJul 22, 2013 2:13 AM
Jul 18, 2013 12:06 PM

Jan 2010
Yes, GO GO Izur x Kei.
Teoria barely even get screen time.
To be honest, I am baffle that how they are going to wrap this anime in 24 episode.
New Season? Possibility?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2009
That's one of the quickest heart problems from eating too many cakes i've seen so far.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 18, 2013 12:18 PM

Mar 2011
babymilo91 said:
reiko_ said:

lol.

dat says it all w
Jul 18, 2013 12:22 PM

May 2013
Matheine said:
Yes, GO GO Izur x Kei.
Teoria barely even get screen time.
To be honest, I am baffle that how they are going to wrap this anime in 24 episode.
New Season? Possibility?

We will have to wait until the season ends to be able to call if there will be a second season. Personally I wouldn't mind if there was a second season!
Jul 18, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
AnimeWarlock said:
Great episode. I am wondering if Izuru's personality change will be back to his normal self because of his harmonic levels dropping back to normal. This is the most likely outcome;however, there is still some possibility that Izuru has just matured more (though the ability to draw manga is unexplainable by simple battle hardened maturity).

Also Kei and Izuru foreshadowing? Anyone else catching this in the last couple episodes? Which is interesting because I honestly thought and still think that if there is going to be any romantic relationship it is probably going to come between Izuru and Teoria.

Agreed. Izuru x Kei looks more possible to me, and honestly I hope that happens.

On a side note, that playboy Izuru was damn hilarious. So we know now, that he has a split personality, just like Ange, so is it possible that Ange pushed the limits of the Juria system like Izuru did?

symbv said:

Also I thought Amane was always suppressed by her superior and so the upper rank never recognized her insight and contribution, so why out of a sudden they identified her for promotion, and even a triple one at the end?

And the scene where Izuru got into an emergency situation that required AED after just one bit of Kei's cake is too slapstick. I wish the absurdness could be tuned down a bit because I could tell they also want the scene to be taken somewhat seriously (since it jerked Izuru out of the synchronization pattern he was caught up in before).

That said, the sakuga of the combat is nicely done!

Yeah, I know. I noticed that too. At least I hope that they will explain how Dooberman team got hooked up with Amane.

Btw, looking forward to the next episode (It seemed a school invasion from the preview). I'm really enjoying this series.
Jul 18, 2013 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
Looks like the enemy is going to kidnap some students right? They harvest their genes or something?

It is possible since their machines are made from their DNA too, that machine have the personalities of what the pilots before their memories were erased?

Also that Izuru x Kei, i want more...
Jul 18, 2013 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
Kei put Izuru into cardiac arrest with nothing more then a bite of cake, now that takes skill

Jul 18, 2013 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
Stitches327 said:
Kei put Izuru into cardiac arrest with nothing more then a bite of cake, now that takes skill

agreed!! lol

also i think izuru is gonna have some badass last episode fight can't wait :Q___
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jul 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
Seems this series is starting to up the pace after those slow episodes .

Lol Izuru becoming bad ass - finally getting use to his mech i guess

I think Theoria is more of a friendship thing perhaps? - when back story is revealed who knows.

Hoping for Izuru x kei pairing too.

symbv said:

Well after battle of ceres / ongoing fights i assume a massive shortage in manpower not to mention her superior seemed a complete wreck after that fight.
Jul 18, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
lol i love Asagi. His reactions are always the best cuz its just not expected.
Jul 18, 2013 6:24 PM

Feb 2013
This was actually a very good episode, especially in terms of plot. We have a lot of advancement and a few twists and turns thrown into this adventure which pretty much confirms for me that this second half is definitely the better part of this show.

First off, they confirm what I had thought they had said earlier that the AHSMB units have minds of their own. It's kind of obvious since if they have their own survival mode separate from that of the pilot, the mechs would have to be trying to save something other than the pilots' lives: their own lives. However, these two minds and lives connected can come with a price and one consciousness can short-circuit the other. This seems to be what happened to Izuru.

Izuru seems to gain a separate personality (this seems to actually be pretty common since the Brass have just been sweeping Ange's mental instability under the rug as if she's a simple 5 year-old who hasn't learned how to cooperate with others yet...-_-) that is smarter, more confidant, and more determined. I actually liked this new personality more than the old one. And while he did return back to his original personality, it does looks as if he could go back to that new, more aggressive one at any time.

There was a bit of dark comedy as we find that Kei's cooking can actually kill. Poor Izuru actually went into cardiac arrest because of sudden overdose of sucrose! LOL That was one deadly cake. :p
All the faces that everyone was making at Izuru's new personality was funny but not as funny as that cake.

Interestingly, they are also still not showing Ange's true gender in that he/she's the only one who didn't blush but he/she also left a tree in order to thank him for saving his/her life. However, while Izuru seems to saves Ange when he/she gets into bad situations, Dark Ange doesn't look to appreciate it too much. He gave a pretty bad death glare at Izuru when the guy came to save the day. In fact I would say that Izuru might want to avoid that dark half at all cost. That guy looked murderous...

Above all though, the Wulgaru again present the most interesting part of this episode. We see that Orange Noble Leader is actually very good and probably the best military combatant we've seen so far. He's not flashy or egotistical as Jiart, and he's not as hotheaded as the others. He knows how to get in there and take out everything and anything in his way before anyone even knows he's there. He takes advantage of the Earth military's vastly undermanned and incompetent forces and goes and does what he needs to do and then get out. He's strength is that he's not out there with something to prove and so he ends up being the most efficient. I really like him probably of all the nobles.
He seems to not only have found out about the AHSMB machines but the MJP and that Teoria is there and has been helping them. He presents something to the council that causes them to wonder about why "he" went out onto the hunting grounds and if the humans don't live by the same type of standards and morals as they do? This causes a look of worry to go through them all, even Jiart, which is the one that really causes me to concern. What could the humans have done that even he looks anxious and disturbed?

Also, It seems they have been looking for a target that appears to be I'm guessing the MJP's school? Could it be because that's where the students are artificially created as well as the AHSMB, and thus where many of their strongest genomes are located? Well, we'll have to see where that goes as this series continues.

Simon seems to have found out about Orange Leader's hacking, so hopefully the MJP will be prepared for an attack. However, with the ultra-incompetence of the military, we can't really know what they can actually do. They really took the time to push that point despite the fact that the audience already knows what a bunch of idiots the military top brass are. Amane has finally been moved from under her asinine CO, however, to show how truly stupid the military is, she shoot up two more ranks in a single day! And without having anybody die Gundam style! Now if she's really replacing people at this speed, she's going to be a General in about two episodes time!

The battles were really good and have been very good for this entire second half so I will give this show that. The story is beginning to pick up a little too. If it keeps up, I will actually have to give this a good score in the end rather than a simply mediocre one.

I give this episode an 8/10.
Jul 18, 2013 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
Izuru become alpha as fuck due to his rising harmonic levels but Kei with her cake bring it back to normal lol

nice action again on this episode
Jul 18, 2013 9:43 PM

Jan 2008
Quite the ladies man...even the guys have the hots for him for a moment there.

Although not dead yet (still hoping for otherwise in the future eps), I'm glad Amane is rid of that asshat Komine.
Jul 19, 2013 5:33 AM

Mar 2013
Good episode, also I think the OP sort of changed a bit near the end, the one with Jiart Unit.
Jul 19, 2013 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
Lol at the Asagi's reaction. Blushing like a little girl. ^^
Izuru is really going on the next level. Hope the others can keep up with him.
Jul 19, 2013 12:08 PM

May 2012
Kei's cake is a lethal weapon. Haha.
Jul 19, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2010
I imagined Izuru whipsering "Je t'aime" while showing off his sparkling smile.
Jul 19, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
Ehh, alright
Jul 19, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2013
Well good episode overall. The change of personality of izuro gave me some laughts xD. The Juria sistems details that are revealed really disapointed about the DNA thing (Eva-esque much?) i thought they would have some creativity there. Well the battle scenes keep beeing great i'm really enjoying them
Jul 19, 2013 3:18 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Izuru : 0 Smitten by everyone

Even love can kill : 0 Kei's cake. He's back to normal

Congrats Amane on your promotion. She commands Team Doberman

Wulgaru are getting serious!!!!
Jul 19, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2013
Although I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, I can't be the only one who thinks it's ridiculous and annoying that they have managed to kill 0 of the enemy's leaders so far? With the exception of Jiart, they've seemed pretty sad for the genetic pinnacle of a warrior race that goes around conquering star systems. The asshole this time ran off after being shot like twice by the smallest weakest ally on the field. Have they been killing and harvesting civilizations of kittens and pacifist kindergarteners so far?
Jul 19, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2010
Moridin17 said:
Although I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, I can't be the only one who thinks it's ridiculous and annoying that they have managed to kill 0 of the enemy's leaders so far? With the exception of Jiart, they've seemed pretty sad for the genetic pinnacle of a warrior race that goes around conquering star systems. The asshole this time ran off after being shot like twice by the smallest weakest ally on the field. Have they been killing and harvesting civilizations of kittens and pacifist kindergarteners so far?

Uhm? But in fact, they were able to kill at least one enemy leader some episodes ago, I mean Krein.
Jul 19, 2013 8:50 PM

May 2013
Was he the little kid looking one at the volcano? If so, I was under the impression that his minions grabbed him after the explosion and flew off.
Jul 19, 2013 9:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Moridin17 said:
Have they been killing and harvesting civilizations of kittens and pacifist kindergarteners so far?

It seemed like that was the case.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 20, 2013 12:12 PM
May 2011
Irenesharda said:
even Jiart, which is the one that really causes me to concern. What could the humans have done that even he looks anxious and disturbed?

This is not about humans he concerned about but about Theoria. It seems we might see some kind of triangle Jiato-Theoria-Izuru.
In one of the episodes Jiato said that there is always something he wants more than anything but doesn't get it. It is kinda implied it was about Theoria. The question is what means "Plegzesia"? Is it a surname as in Jiato's case or the title? Is she his sister or kind of princess. I bet the second option is true and the fact that Theoria helps the person who is his main enemy will make this showdown between Izuru and Jiato even more heated than before. Though Jiato will never get her no matter he kills Izuru or not. It seems for me that she already decided whom her heart belongs to...

If she will make her move towards Izuru I don't think Kei will win this battle.
Jul 20, 2013 9:12 PM
Dec 2012
Akanezora said:

symbv said:

Yeah, I know. I noticed that too. At least I hope that they will explain how Dooberman team got hooked up with Amane.

Commander Komine was an incompetent moron, a fact made painfully clear after the Battle of Ceres. It's highly likely that he was relieved of duty. Amane is intelligent and higher ups finally noticed that so they naturally promoted her, and they desperately need competent officers. She's with Doberman because that's the team that was chosen to accompany her on her mission to that asteroid
Jul 21, 2013 7:44 AM

Jun 2008
lol, Izuru became the all perfect human. Btw in the previous episode we noticed that Ange was doing everything perfectly so is there maybe some connection? As your harmonics rise(Ange had the highest before Izuru going super sayan) your personality becomes split and a more capable personality arises until it erases the previous personality?

Stitches327 said:

Her cakes are the best weapon they have against the enemy.

Akanezora said:

I don't see why it needs explanation. She got promoted and got different and got new duties. I don't see why they need to explain something you can just figure by thinking a little.

wakka9ca said:
Moridin17 said:
Have they been killing and harvesting civilizations of kittens and pacifist kindergarteners so far?

It seemed like that was the case.

If you are superior in tech you don't need to be worried whether the enemy is kittens or wild lions. The only reason our guys are getting some wins is because they use stolen tech from them. With the average low grade mech all our heroes would be long killed by any of those guys.
MonadJul 21, 2013 7:49 AM
Jul 22, 2013 1:34 AM
Jul 2012
AnimeWarlock said:

I noticed that foreshadow, I really hope they end up together.
Izuru x Kei
Tamaki x Suruga or maybe Ange replacing either one depending on the gender
Asagi x Little girl from his pit crew
Rin x Reika x Rula x Amane
:D
Jul 22, 2013 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
AlliedG said:
symbv said:
Well after battle of ceres / ongoing fights i assume a massive shortage in manpower not to mention her superior seemed a complete wreck after that fight.
That much was clear in the episode but my question is mainly on why her in particular? Her superior clearly has no intention of giving credits to her and I have not yet seen her superior losing his power or influence. Also the manpower shortage could not explain the double promotion she got (which after the battle became a triple promotion).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 26, 2013 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
More and more questions keep getting raised about the team, we got an answer about the ashmb and its dna but now the mystery gets more complex.

Jul 26, 2013 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
symbv said:
AlliedG said:
symbv said:
That much was clear in the episode but my question is mainly on why her in particular? Her superior clearly has no intention of giving credits to her and I have not yet seen her superior losing his power or influence. Also the manpower shortage could not explain the double promotion she got (which after the battle became a triple promotion).
As Getchman said in a previous post, Amane's superior was incompetent. The Battle of Ceres was basically the final strike after his continually poor performance in the previous operations (as Team Rabbits salvaged the majority of his botched missions). Amane seemed to alleviate the problems her commander caused in practically every situation, and it was already known that she was the one responsible for many of the battle plans (almost all of which were altered by that sorry excuse for a commanding officer).

As for Amane's promotion, it's pretty much because the Earth forces are losing battles around the clock (they lost a bunch of satellite stations with many officers in this episode alone). Military personnel is decreasing (especially their competent officers), so they need all the skilled commanders/soldiers they can get to lead important operations.

I really enjoyed this episode (though I'm late, haha). I like the pace the last few episodes have been going at.
Just chill out and concentrate...
Aug 24, 2013 3:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
More anime main characters need to have a bit of the Izuru "man up" personality treatment. It speeds up the story immensely.

Nice hacking job by the enemy. It goes to show that they're not just a bunch of overpowered superior beings, but actually have some competent tactics and strategy to work with.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 15, 2013 6:11 AM

May 2012
First part was pretty casual the second part however was more interesting with especially that ending!
Feb 26, 2014 5:34 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I always find it more interesting this series, which improves mile after mile.
The plot is keeping interesting, although some defects due to poor management of the events in the narrative, they had to give you more time affinche they develop the situation as regards the change of Izuru and facts about the fighting during the battle.
Drawings and animations great, during the fight my eyes when shone, I was so involved! * _ *
I'm eager to find out how the story will evolve.
May 9, 2015 9:33 AM

Feb 2013
rebelakuma said:
Kei's cake is a lethal weapon. Haha.
No kidding. Just have her cook for the enemy -> war over.
Mar 11, 2016 6:28 PM
Jun 2013
so the robots have minds of their own hu. I would think they would have the same personality as the pilot,but guess not. With hitting on kei and making guys blush. Also kinda messed up they all of them thought his worked sucked before lol. Did kei made him go into diabetic shock? lol at the death flag awareness.
Sep 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Oct 2011
gotta love those times charas knockout for a charming side lol

Oct 18, 2023 11:29 AM

Dec 2022
Izuru's "alternate personality" was a real casanova. Between casually flirting with Kei and even flustering some of the other guys, no one could get used to it.
Akanezora said:
Uhm? But in fact, they were able to kill at least one enemy leader some episodes ago, I mean Krein.
I thought he escaped in Episode 13.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.