Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2013 9:29 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Isaac, who is love about supernatural phenomena, summon demon.

William meets Sitori, as a fellow student at first unaware he is a demon.

Then he is saved by Sitori when Isaac when Isaac summons another demon that attacks them right away.

Whats this about the ring that Solomon had?

Jul 14, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
Oh snap, I see tension in this episode.

Sitori is introduced and wow, he looks like a girl to me lol. Nice moves though I guess with the threads and all.
Jul 14, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
That blue hair demon was summoned by that guy who likes all sort of things.! And he entered that school. Realist believing him! lol @ him changing into demon form like mahou shoujo!

lol @ Realist's reaction to his demon form. He stopped both of them again with just a demand. lol @ the place where Toriumi-san's character appeared! Seems like he sees Saiga-san's character as father/mother.

lol @ Realist ordering blue hair demon to work! FukuJun's character at the end... He's hiding the ring from Realist.

1:35... 30 mins. late next ep. So the 4th guy won't be out until later? I'm not sure the next story leads to with that priest and FukuJun's character.
tsubasaloverJul 14, 2013 10:18 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 14, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2010
beyond lame show. dropped!
Jul 14, 2013 11:27 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm . . . I'm not sure what to say about this. . . It was /fun/ but not as much fun as the first episode.

It was okay. I got to smile about some stuff~ Now I shall remember the said stuff again. . .
Jul 14, 2013 12:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah not sure what to say either. It's...okay? Nothing too exciting or interesting :/ I just like the OP and ED lol. William is kind of an annoying MC.
Jul 14, 2013 12:36 PM

May 2013
Hmmm that new demon is it a boy a girl or a gay? im confuse
MercuriJul 14, 2013 1:50 PM
Jul 14, 2013 12:51 PM

Dec 2011
I love the OP :D
Jul 14, 2013 1:08 PM
Oct 2012
Somewhat amusing and definitely intriguing, bought itself another week. Let's see, things we learned:

1) There use of Nephilim was accurate. Technically the demons in hell are the one's who followed Lucifer's revolt against God and were cast down into the pit; the Nephilim belonged to the group of Angel's that God sent as the "Watchers" to oversee humanity, the Nephilim were those Watchers who fell in love with human women and sired supernatural creatures and they were partially responsible for causing God to create Noah's flood.
The intriguing part is that this animation theorizes that the Nephilim are social outcasts from the "pure' demons, also it may also be hinting at an old theological question. Angles were thought to be sexless, where as it is known that the Nephilim were men. This roughly corresponds to how the two characters were drawn, I will be very curious to see if this is developed more (outside of the mere BL aspect).
2) Gilles de Rais fought as an ally of Joan of Arc and is famous for one of the greatest child serial killers in history. Very interesting person. Will be interesting to see how he is tied to Dantallion.

So some interesting stuff that can be developed in interesting ways. Will have to watch the next episode to see what comes next. Oh, and "Solomon's Ring" also allows the wearer to communicate with animals, that should be brought into the story pretty soon as well.
Jul 14, 2013 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Still really unappealing to me.. I won't drop because I rarely drop airing shows but there's nothing that makes me furious about waiting another week to see what will happen.
Jul 14, 2013 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
lol when they played the London bridge is falling down music.
"Huzzah for John Dalton!" William's face :P.

Really liking the anime so far :3.
Jul 14, 2013 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
dat transformation sequence doe.. LOL
Besides that awkwardness, I like this show! :3
Sitori is such a cuuutie!
Jul 14, 2013 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
Really love Sitori already.
Jul 14, 2013 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Weren't the bats suppose to keep an eye out for the MC, they could've see that Sytry was a demon.. plot hole..

That transformation was gayer than the whole character cast of Free!.. make that the whole show.
Jul 14, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
lol at the entrance of Gille de Rais :D
Jul 14, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
I just love how Sitori has to clean the floors just because he entered his room without permission cx poor sitori. I just LOVE the ending of it. It's so adorable
Jul 14, 2013 3:47 PM

Jul 2010
Well... it's a bit meh. I hope the plot will start moving really fast cauz this is just not good enough to keep it interesting. I wish William would've stayed in the Demon World, now that would've been interesting + lots of fights. Guess this fight wasn't bad or anything but I really, really dislike his ability to cancel out everyone's magic.

Plus, is it just me or will every demon that will show up have some strange (rather intimate?) past relationship with the previous Solomon?... uhmm, yeah...
Jul 14, 2013 3:51 PM

Oct 2011
Yay Sitori XD Great addition to William's harem. Dat magical transformation 0___0
Jul 14, 2013 4:59 PM

Apr 2012
The first episode was funnier :o
Jul 14, 2013 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
Next episode will decide whether or not I drop this.
Jul 14, 2013 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
Don't know why people don't like this much... Is it the yaoi vibe? Thought Sitori was gonna be a girl at least, but nope xD
Jul 14, 2013 7:02 PM
Aug 2011
Hmmmm idk.
Isaac is annoying.

Barktooth said:
Don't know why people don't like this much... Is it the yaoi vibe?

Probably but uhhhh I like yaoi vibes and i'm not really liking this show.

Sourire said:
That transformation was gayer than the whole character cast of Free!..

hey hey...leave the flawless cast of Free! out of this !
Jul 14, 2013 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
parfaited said:
Sourire said:
That transformation was gayer than the whole character cast of Free!..
hey hey...leave the flawless cast of Free! out of this !
ahahah sure, but still.. the Yaoi vibe this anime sends is just too much.. hopefully the plot picks up and we get some good development.. but I doubt it.
Jul 14, 2013 7:24 PM
Aug 2012
i like the OP and ED pretty much

sitori looks like a female cuz angels have no gender
Jul 14, 2013 7:37 PM
Oct 2012
parfaited said:
Hmmmm idk.
Isaac is annoying.

That I think will be the Achilles Heel of this series, however I have to admit, his pulling out Dalton was too damn funny, particularly when he thanked him. This gives me hope for the character. Last week I was wondering how the MC could maintain being a "realist" given the situation, I worried that they were going to make him an oblivious harem lead (just with Yaoi instead of girls), but this episode pointed out a potential solution where MC could become an interesting character.

Imagine if you will how before the scientific revolution the supernatural was much more powerful, but as man defined the cosmos, the supernatural lost power until few people believe it exists anymore. Given the time frame of this story (19th century), this process is starting to take effect. What if the "realist" in explaining their actions (even Demons are made of atoms) actually has an impact upon reality? Whether this happens is up to the writer, but at least the potential is there. This, the introduction of a potentially interesting supporting character, and evidence that the writer knows his/her crap on demonology, gives one hope that this show will prove to be interesting and entertaining. Well, enough hope for one more week, but considering that I was going to drop this show after two, that is something :-)
Takuan_SohoJul 14, 2013 7:44 PM
Jul 14, 2013 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
An interesting episode.

While most of the cast is interesting. William once again is the most annoying and an idiot. I have no idea why the other Hell lords are scared of him. Other than the fact that as Solomon's descendant he can order them to stop attacks, the guy's really not that powerful and again--He's an idiot.

Now we've added another member to Will's male harem in the form of Styry. I'm beginning to think that all 21 of Solomon's pillars are eventually going to come to the school.

This story is kind of weird in that is pushes to make the Bible it's basis, but still wishes to butcher it badly. The confirm that this Solomon is the same one from the Old Testament, yet they have him live in a castle reading bound books, and looking as if he came out of a European fairytale. Not to mention that they've got the supernatural stuff all wrong. But it's a fictional story that decided to take a lot of liberties so I get it.

I'm beginning to wonder what Kevin's story is. I'm betting that either he's an archangel or he's Will's guardian angel, or both.

I like the fights, but I hate that every time they get interesting, Will cuts them off. It's really annoying, just like him.

I give this episode a 7.9/10. It's an interesting series to watch. Nothing amazing, but interesting.
Jul 14, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2013
bachou said:
i like the OP and ED pretty much

sitori looks like a female cuz angels have no gender

Actually angels are male. We know that Gabriel and Michael are male, but God didn't create female until Eve, so therefore all angels by default are male. Not male as in human, but they are masculine.

However, this series is all over the place in trying to pick an choose things from the Bible and then mixing it with myth. So they'll have a female demon and/or angel. And the angels and demons with hang out and what not...whatever. It's their fictional BS, who cares. I mean, this is the series that decided Solomon, the son of David, was blond and green-eyed and pale as ivory and lives in a European forest in a stone castle with machine-bound, hardback books. I think they really don't give a crap...-_-
IreneshardaJul 14, 2013 7:48 PM
Jul 14, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2010
The main character seems kind of hypocritical to me. He dismisses the marvelous things happening in front of him as tricks, but it should be evident that they are not. I would be excited if I were him as this would be an unknown science to man that can be evaluated. Yeah, it's just a show, but this cliche shit is annoying as hell. Probably just give it one more episode.
Jul 14, 2013 10:00 PM
Jul 2013
Dropped after this episode. I enjoyed Karneval, but something about this show just isn't good. I don't like the character development or the story much. Overall a disappointing show (the main is just a bloody idiot).
Jul 14, 2013 10:01 PM
Jun 2013
I didn't mind it in the first ep, but this all-male cast is slowly becoming a bit too much of a sausage fest for me. Will we even get to see a female in this show? A harem is a harem I guess. Strange that Kevin had the ring the whole time. I wonder why he hasn't given it to William yet? It'd be nice to see more of Solomon next episode.
Jul 14, 2013 10:10 PM

Jun 2012
Dropped, I'm not experiencing another Karneval.
Jul 14, 2013 10:22 PM

Feb 2013
CLEAN THE FLOORS!
Jul 14, 2013 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
Not a god damn female character in this whole series.
Not even a background female character.
I know this takes place in a boys only school, but there should be female demons and teachers.
Jul 15, 2013 1:11 AM

Feb 2010
There will be a couple of females later. They're in the ending as well.

I like the way William tries to ignore that there are demons and battles going on. IMO its pretty funny. :-/
Jul 15, 2013 3:47 AM
Jan 2011
Jeez, females are going to appear but these episodes are just introduction of the main cast before the plot kicks. In fact we will have heterosexual romance but have patience.

Jeanne d'Arc is featured in a couple of shots of the opening and she's with Gilles de Rais in the ending. Even Dantalion mentioned her in the first episode.

Da fuck Dogakobo doing with the anime.

Irenesharda said:

While most of the cast is interesting. William once again is the most annoying and an idiot.

I actually think that Dantalion and Sytry are the annoying ones who constantly are being pushy with William and just want him to chose them for their own purposes unlike Camio who understands William and William treats him well in exchange and respects him.

Except Camio, all of the characters including Dantalion and Sytry want to use or kill William who just wishes to live a normal live. I applaude him for denying them and God which has been benefitional for him at some points.

I have no idea why the other Hell lords are scared of him. Other than the fact that as Solomon's descendant he can order them to stop attacks, the guy's really not that powerful and again--He's an idiot.

But they should be scared of William.

It's amazing that Solomon is voiced by a woman who sounds really masculine while Sytry is voiced by a man who sounds really feminine.
Jul 15, 2013 6:35 AM

Apr 2013
such a fail
a big one
I find OST too much for this kind of series.And what's with the aria everytime Solomon appears? I just want to laugh but it s such a pity. they could have released something more decent,since they already had the manga.at least I believe.
Jul 15, 2013 7:33 AM

Jan 2011
What's with the sailormoon-like transformation? lol
Jul 15, 2013 9:07 AM

Apr 2013
William is a total realist. Demon or Angel you are still made of atoms :P
Jul 15, 2013 11:32 AM
Mar 2012
I liked the bats and the "you are all just atoms" part and when he made the demon clean the floors.
I'm not yet sure about this, but while it's not great, it's entertaining and imo there's a lack of good animes this season, so I might very well watch it.
Jul 15, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
RediceRyan said:
I know this takes place in a boys only school, but there should be female demons and teachers.

Dude Sitori looks like a chick. Good enough for meh :3
Jul 16, 2013 3:01 AM
Jan 2013
Sitori´s transformation indeed was little fun and odd but so far I like this anime.
It´s a pity that there isnt much chaps translated into English..
If there´s going to be 12 eps the story will run really fast later or there will be 2nd season. I wish for 2nd season xD
Jul 16, 2013 3:48 AM

Feb 2008
Was that a...mahou shounen ? It looked like that to me, transformation and all.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jul 16, 2013 6:15 PM

Jan 2008
How the heck did he know that was Isaac from looking out the window? Not only was it dark but he even had a hood on....
Jul 16, 2013 9:10 PM

Jul 2010
I really like the opening. But I can't say the same for the show, but yeah, since I hardly drop something, I'm gonna watch it till the end.
Jul 16, 2013 11:27 PM

Feb 2013
I cant decide if I want to keep watching this show, I dont really have a reason not to yet so I will continue
[/url]
Jul 17, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2007
RediceRyan said:

Did you really watched 2 episodes??? until the end, not just skipping inside randomly? did you watched the ending? it shows at least 3 female characters!
But why do you judge a show on how many girls/guys there are?

And for an all boys school it's normal that all the teachers are guys, same for female teachers only in all girls school, at least in the old England setting story!
Jul 17, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
dat sailor moon transformation. and the background was a rainbow.

i liked the first episode much more. it made me smile a bit and it was interesting. this episode was... lame? it just didn't catch my attention at all. i hope the next episode will be better again.
Jul 17, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2009
Lol. I really like it when William defend his belief. About being realist XD
and the best part is.. he's able to stop the power of those demons.
Jul 17, 2013 2:13 PM
Jun 2012
Dropped!

Gonna just watch Highschool Dxd for my dose of angels and demons. At least with that i get to see boobs and i don't get the feeling that all the characters are gonna get down in a massive circle jerk.
Jul 17, 2013 6:48 PM

Feb 2009
Non-scientific nonsense but he still attend mass; really William if you believe in God why not demons?

Well at least William is not a totally useless MC, he is able to neutralize demon's power.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2013

93 by Dawizz »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:01 AM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2013

35 by Hieru-chan »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:05 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

31 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:16 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2013

122 by Yysamag008 »»
Aug 19, 2022 7:49 AM

» How faithful an adaptation is this?

MacabreMech - Dec 31, 2021

3 by Animefangirl152 »»
Jan 3, 2022 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.