Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 14, 2014 12:43 PM
Feb 2014
Definitely Madoka Magica for me. The emotional ending might have been the strong point of the show, but the amount of disappointment beforehand wasn't enough to compel me to cry.

AnoHana as well... It wasn't really a bad show though, just didn't make me cry.
Nov 14, 2014 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
Angel Beats. I was like "meh".

Grave of the Fireflies. I watch/read a lot of war related stories so this one didn't make me sad. The main character had it better than a lot of other real life war victims.
Nov 14, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2011
Angel beats and its forced out of place "tearjerker" moments, show was pretty funny though so I still like it
Nov 14, 2014 1:18 PM
Dec 2013
One Piece, if that counts.
Nov 14, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Clannad, I was so spoiled that it didn't take me by surprise but the comedic moments did. Too good.

Nov 14, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2014
Basically KEY titles, which are meant to solely drag out an emotional response from you and Okada trying to do the same.
Nov 14, 2014 1:38 PM

May 2013
Clannad for so many reasons.
Nov 14, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
Basically all KEY crap.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 14, 2014 1:48 PM
Mar 2013
toradora for obvious reasons

also look at all the trolls who think clannad wasn't sad lol
Nov 14, 2014 1:58 PM
Nov 2013
I'll stay with Ano Hana hahaha. Just by thinking of it I start to laugh. All that crying in the end was pathetic, why on earth they decided to write that conclusion? Can't really come up with a good reason. Perhaps was some staff mistake.
Nov 14, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2011
Ano Hana, Toradora an Clannad AS come to mind
and apparently Madoka was supposed to be sad? i thought it was a good anime but i dont see what was sad about it
Nov 14, 2014 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Angel Beats. I just didn't find it to be particularly depressing.
Nov 14, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2010
Listing thread.
Based mod killed our about LN adaptations but won't kill this?
Fuck that.
Nov 14, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2012
Grave of the Fireflies anyone? I feel like I can't cry at anything that's referred to as a tearjerker, because then I expect something sad to happen and it has no impact.
Nov 14, 2014 3:42 PM

Nov 2012
xbobx said:
Listing thread.
Based mod killed our about LN adaptations but won't kill this?
Fuck that.
want 3 days ban? stfu then
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 14, 2014 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
RedRoseFring said:
Basically all KEY crap.

^^^^
Kolnikov said:
I'll stay with Ano Hana hahaha. Just by thinking of it I start to laugh. All that crying in the end was pathetic, why on earth they decided to write that conclusion? Can't really come up with a good reason. Perhaps was some staff mistake.

^^^

It's pretty much a standard for nibbs to list Clannad, Anohana or something else just as generic when the topic is "anime that made you cry".

Greenward said:
Grave of the Fireflies anyone? I feel like I can't cry at anything that's referred to as a tearjerker, because then I expect something sad to happen and it has no impact.

I didn't "cry" either per se but that was still pretty sad.
Nov 14, 2014 4:01 PM
Jul 2013
none
Nov 14, 2014 4:09 PM

May 2009
silversaint said:
apparently Madoka was supposed to be sad? i thought it was a good anime but i dont see what was sad about it

Well, for me it was quite sad when

I agree that Ano Hana had too much forced drama and the feelings did not really get me, but Angel Beats got me pretty well. Guess it's very personal how you perceive it, even if a show is executed poorly.
Nov 14, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Many people said that Anohana was a real tearjerker. But the characters were always crying and it was just too much. I didn't feel sad or anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2014 4:16 PM
Feb 2014
JD2411 said:

Toradora only made me cry because I could genuinely sympathize with characters in the long run. Since I'm one of the few who truly understands Taiga's development and know she's as complex as it is and definitely not at all your simple little tsuntsun, it hit hard because sometimes I can be hostile until proven warm. I also genuinely felt for Ami's complex emotional build, that's a hard character to create, and man did it deliver.

It's different with Clannad, I for some reason couldn't feel for Tomoya on a rewatch yet I could still feel for Taiga on a rewatch. I get he's an unlucky guy, but really, come on... Let's not make the mishaps a clusterfuck of sappy paintings. My main pet peeve with Clannad on the rewatch was this. In fact, I wonder if I've grown to appreciate Toradora after dissenting it at first, only to truly like it better the second time around.

I did though tear up a bit during Misae's stuff in AS. That's the real kicker for me.

To each their own but it kind of sickens me when people say Toradora is melodramatic and static when they probably haven't even watched the show carefully enough. It's the only romcom I can tolerate as well tbh.
AqutanNov 14, 2014 4:23 PM
Nov 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2012
Thebigofan said:
Many people said that Anohana was a real tearjerker. But the characters were always crying and it was just too much. I didn't feel sad or anything.
i dont watch anohana but the hentai doujins are very damn good
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 14, 2014 4:27 PM
Feb 2014
Thebigofan said:

If they made it less on that, I'd probably rate it higher. Had a good flow though, and maybe it could have been longer. The last episode was a bit of a turn-off though. Totally agreed there. I remember getting chills watching that on the first time @_@
Nov 14, 2014 4:28 PM
Nov 2013
Cakedog said:
It's pretty much a standard for nibbs to list Clannad, Anohana or something else just as generic when the topic is "anime that made you cry".

That just means it's something to be pondered. Clannad made me cry though, the problem of it was different for me. Either way, how I could not laugh when every character on the show is crying in a hysteric way?
Nov 14, 2014 4:29 PM
Feb 2014
Kolnikov said:
Cakedog said:

That just means it's something to be pondered. Clannad made me cry though, the problem of it was different for me. Either way, how I could not laugh when every character on the show is crying in a hysteric way?

Weren't you one of those guys that felt differently rewatching Clannad? o.o

Man you were right... Thought you were insane before.
Nov 14, 2014 4:40 PM
Nov 2013
Aikareos said:
Kolnikov said:

Yup, the first time was pretty good. But then I started to realize the problems of it. I did the same with Toradora recently, but it was the opposite somehow. It was rated as 7 previously, now it's a solid 8 for me.
Nov 14, 2014 4:47 PM
Feb 2014
Kolnikov said:
Aikareos said:

Yup, the first time was pretty good. But then I started to realize the problems of it. I did the same with Toradora recently, but it was the opposite somehow. It was rated as 7 previously, now it's a solid 8 for me.

Holy... are we like twins?

I did the exact same thing, didn't exactly cover everything but I did cover several episodes of each and the Toradora ones gave me much stronger feelings. AS's strong point is anything Misae-related ironically. And as I've always been true to Taiga for some odd reason I've grown on her even more and I think the result of it was just seeing how others would bash her for being imperfect. She's actually the essence of the modern tsundere imo. She's the one who goes through a healthy, natural development making her all the more tolerable over time, even if she is jokingly given the "tsuntsun" status at the very end, that's just the happy ending!

Toradora had to have been more realistic though, Clannad seemed too fantastical on the second watch. I prefer my romances to not intertwine it too much with fantasy. I think after watching several Asian dramas as well as both watching and reading White Album 2's intro chapter it really made me desire something more realistic and natural rather than something highly romantic. Don't get me love, I do appreciate romance, but when it mirrors obvious idealism, it gets too fantastical to me nowadays.
AqutanNov 14, 2014 4:50 PM
Nov 14, 2014 4:48 PM

Feb 2013
CissySSE said:
silversaint said:
apparently Madoka was supposed to be sad? i thought it was a good anime but i dont see what was sad about it

Nov 15, 2014 5:13 AM
Nov 2013
Aikareos said:
Kolnikov said:

I did the exact same thing, didn't exactly cover everything but I did cover several episodes of each and the Toradora ones gave me much stronger feelings. AS's strong point is anything Misae-related ironically. And as I've always been true to Taiga for some odd reason I've grown on her even more and I think the result of it was just seeing how others would bash her for being imperfect. She's actually the essence of the modern tsundere imo. She's the one who goes through a healthy, natural development making her all the more tolerable over time, even if she is jokingly given the "tsuntsun" status at the very end, that's just the happy ending!

Toradora had to have been more realistic though, Clannad seemed too fantastical on the second watch. I prefer my romances to not intertwine it too much with fantasy. I think after watching several Asian dramas as well as both watching and reading White Album 2's intro chapter it really made me desire something more realistic and natural rather than something highly romantic. Don't get me love, I do appreciate romance, but when it mirrors obvious idealism, it gets too fantastical to me nowadays.

I watched Toradora like 3 times I guess, and it was even better. As for Taiga, I think she is the only tsundere that I actually like, but more because she isn't that much tsundere to begin with (probably only in the beginning and in the last scene). I thought she was just sweet, shy and overall lonely, and follow her development was pretty nice. My favorite part is

As for Clannad, I found the romance aspect extremely mediocre. Perhaps Tomoya is the only memorable character, and everything else just relate to his development. Also, I think it could have been shorter, there are a lot of unnecessary scenes and boring parts, and the pace is something I just can't deal with anymore. But the Drama, I thought it was great, with amazing development (Tomoya). It's a really beautiful series.
blankflatNov 15, 2014 5:16 AM
Nov 15, 2014 5:59 AM

Jun 2014
Little busters refrain, 16 yrs old girls voice like a 5 yrs old and

Nov 15, 2014 6:04 AM

Mar 2012
Elfen Lied is a good manga.

Anime was terrible.

Read it.
Nov 15, 2014 7:41 AM
Jan 2013
Kolnikov said:

As for Clannad, I found the romance aspect extremely mediocre. Perhaps Tomoya is the only memorable character, and everything else just relate to his development. Also, I think it could have been shorter, there are a lot of unnecessary scenes and boring parts, and the pace is something I just can't deal with anymore. But the Drama, I thought it was great, with amazing development (Tomoya). It's a really beautiful series.

Ah, the Emperor Of Moe Delusion anime itself Clannad.

Most anime fans just liked him cause he looked cool.

Most of you didn't really care about what despicable things he did that got erased by magic just to make him "special".

He is every generic lead in anime now....

I learnt the origins of moe!

Nov 15, 2014 8:04 AM

Jan 2011
badwolf45f said:
CissySSE said:

Nov 15, 2014 10:57 AM
Nov 2013
genesic123 said:
Kolnikov said:

Most of you didn't really care about what despicable things he did that got erased by magic just to make him "special".

I don't really get your point tho.
Nov 15, 2014 11:04 AM
Feb 2014
Kolnikov said:
Aikareos said:

I watched Toradora like 3 times I guess, and it was even better. As for Taiga, I think she is the only tsundere that I actually like, but more because she isn't that much tsundere to begin with (probably only in the beginning and in the last scene). I thought she was just sweet, shy and overall lonely, and follow her development was pretty nice. My favorite part is

Clannad's (AS) an 8/10 for me. I'm in the minority when I think the art and music are its selling points. Tomoya is indeed well-developed but he doesn't have a character I particularly enjoy. Kind of just me being idiosyncratic again (as I always am and will be) but I'm aware it took lots of effort to build him up, so props to Maeda-san! I also really really wish Tomoya didn't pick Nagisa and went with Kyou or Tomoyo, the other world chapters aren't enough, Nagisa was the wrong choice and many dissenters know this. Never have I ever met a more static character than her. The other two are good development pieces, would have made much more sense for an equally developing guy like Tomoya.

genesic123 said:
Kolnikov said:

Whoa there brother, hold the edge. I thought I told you a week ago you just have Internet access.
Nov 15, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2010
genesic123 said:
Kolnikov said:

soooooooooooooooooo edgy.
I'd link "explain further.png" here, but this kind of cancer is better left alone in the corner.
Nov 15, 2014 8:05 PM
Jan 2013
xbobx said:
genesic123 said:

I'd link "explain further.png" here, but this kind of cancer is better left alone in the corner.

Cause teen pregnancy is cool!I can go on and on......
True,I am a cancer to anime these days......

Nov 15, 2014 10:11 PM

Jun 2014
Clannad made me actually like the dango song.

Which moved me to the legend of the legendary heroes, and the sad story of Ryner Lute, who is supposed to get EATEN!

But I'd say it really depends on whether or not you connect to the characters, or simply continue to see what happens. I never understood how Toradora was sad ._.

Wasn't that anime happy? Clannad too. Happy endings! Not like anime Gurren Lagan and the like.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 15, 2014 10:31 PM

Oct 2014
Aikareos said:
JD2411 said:

Toradora only made me cry because I could genuinely sympathize with characters in the long run. Since I'm one of the few who truly understands Taiga's development and know she's as complex as it is and definitely not at all your simple little tsuntsun, it hit hard because sometimes I can be hostile until proven warm. I also genuinely felt for Ami's complex emotional build, that's a hard character to create, and man did it deliver.

To each their own but it kind of sickens me when people say Toradora is melodramatic and static when they probably haven't even watched the show carefully enough. It's the only romcom I can tolerate as well tbh.

I was waiting for someone to say this :) I'm reading the LN now to fully understand Taiga's decision in the end. Taiga's character development always amazes me and make me cry even during re-watches.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 15, 2014 10:34 PM

Jan 2013
AnoHana, it was fucking awful.
Rance-samaNov 15, 2014 10:38 PM
Nov 15, 2014 10:36 PM

Aug 2014
Anohana made me tear up not from sadness but from too much cringe that eventually led to projectile vomiting which made me teary. Fucking trash.
Nov 16, 2014 9:27 AM

Jun 2010
genesic123 said:
xbobx said:

Cause teen pregnancy is cool!I can go on and on......
True,I am a cancer to anime these days......

Good, the first step is recognizing it.
Nice ellipsis, m8.
Nov 16, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2007
RahXephon was hyped as a super-emotional tearjerker, but aside from episode 19, it didn't really pan out. Too boring (or unintentionally hilarious) most of the time, and what was with the episode-long Legends of the Hidden Temple homage in ep 09?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Nov 16, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2012
This thread cries of Clannad bashing..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 16, 2014 2:36 PM

Jun 2014
bunny1ov3r said:
This thread cries of Clannad bashing..

We just need one big thread for the anti-clannad group.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 16, 2014 3:01 PM

May 2014
Angel Beats! Too many casts and rushed so couldn't grow attached to the characters.
Nov 16, 2014 7:25 PM

Oct 2013
I don't normally cry when watching anime, but I do still feel really sad and the moment hits me quite hard when something truly heartbreaking happens.

I would have to go with Angel Beats! It's a half-decent watch, but it's nowhere near as sad as people say it is. They tried to make sad scene without actually building up to it to actually have it make sense. It just happened randomly with no rhyme or reason. Iwasawa was the closest thing to sad in that show.
Nov 16, 2014 10:17 PM

Apr 2012
Key anime. Why should I care for bugs and their troubles? They should be squashed.

I cried during Hyouge Mono everytime a bowl broke. Its just too much for the heart of an aesthete.

True Drama.
Nov 17, 2014 4:05 AM

Apr 2008
I think the problem with some of the " Look I'm such a sad anime come let me make you cry" anime is that either the writers don't get the idea on how to make a good tragedy. They just tend to throw a bunch of characters together, somewhat of a story and then make sad things happen. More tears tend to flow when they take to make the audience truly care for the characters.... I have cried more during Shonen animes than any other ... go figure.

Though...I will admit... I was one of the ones that bawled at Clannad AS but for me... by then I had grown to love the characters.
Nov 17, 2014 4:16 AM
Nov 2010
Clannad. Nothing that was intended was carried out. No humour, no sad moments. Good OST though.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Nov 17, 2014 5:47 AM
Apr 2014
The ending of Berserk
Elfen Lied
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Clannad
Angel Beats!

Actual no Anime have made me ever cry LOL.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect.

Gashadokur0 - 9 hours ago

41 by DX_impulse »»
2 minutes ago

» Why do so many people still shove anime through interpolaiton AI? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - May 19

61 by DigiCat »»
3 minutes ago

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - Yesterday

33 by alshu »»
29 minutes ago

» Yearly reminder that Lenalee Lee reinvented battle shounen girls

Catalano - Yesterday

13 by alshu »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of the big 3 do you think has the best music?

Akuya - 8 hours ago

15 by ToG25thBaam »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.