Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2013 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a cute dog :3, oh it talks too.

The OP song was lololol, dat dance. Kirihime is a cool chick though with her scarlet eyes imo. I didn't expect some violence in this though.

Kazuhito is alive but now is a dog :o
Anyways, cool girl is cool:

Lol and I see him all tied up as well. Poor kid. Anyways, first episode was entertaining enough for me. I'll keep watching and might even give the manga a shot in the future.

007 reference spotted oh and cool ED song :>
Stark700Jul 1, 2013 10:16 AM
Jul 1, 2013 9:28 AM

Apr 2009
That wasn't too bad. For some reason I find the tired personality of the MC much more bearable when thrown into a dog's body.

That ED was something else.
Jul 1, 2013 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
Like sadist Yuuko Kirihime already.

The OP and ED are really something. All these references too.
Jul 1, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
Not much of the Gonzo feel except the coloring and artstyle smacks a bit of the early 00s anime Gonzo used to do quite a lot.

Kind of a fun watch as I find the situation of the doggie and the super-S writer really amusing.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 1, 2013 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
After wasting his life with a confrontation with a armed madman, he is supposed to be dead, but he just got a second chance in life and ends up as a.. wanko?! All he cared about was getting the chance to read the last volume of Akiyama Shinobu's book. Even being a dog, his only concern is getting to read book that book?! I didn't enjoy Akiyama Shinobu running crazy with a pair of scissors and threatening to kill the wanko. Maybe I will skip this one.

Not an amazing start of summer anime. I guess I will have to wait until the 4th.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2013 12:47 PM

Jun 2012
Captivating enough but let's see if it can maintain my interest for the rest of the season

Kind of weird to hear Takahiro Sakurai in a lighter role after something like Psycho Pass
Jul 1, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
shanimebib said:
After wasting his life with a confrontation with a armed madman, he is supposed to be dead, but he just got a second chance in life and ends up as a.. wanko?! All he cared about was getting the chance to read the last volume of Akiyama Shinobu's book. Even being a dog, his only concern is getting to read book that book?! I didn't enjoy Akiyama Shinobu running crazy with a pair of scissors and threatening to kill the wanko. Maybe I will skip this one.

Not an amazing start of summer anime. I guess I will have to wait until the 4th.
welp with the way you just described it, it looks like it will be my first summer 2013 show to end up on my drop list.
Jul 1, 2013 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
Interesting, weird, hasn't completely grabbed me yet, seems we need more time to figure out what the point is going to be or if there really is one but the characters seem interesting enough. will give it at least one or two more...
Jul 1, 2013 1:12 PM

Jul 2012
ok starting the episode with a big WTF that opening lol

hpulley said:
Interesting, weird, hasn't completely grabbed me yet, seems we need more time to figure out what the point is going to be or if there really is one but the characters seem interesting enough. will give it at least one or two more...

same as you but usually i dont drop a lot of animes so guess i ill keep watching anyways for the lols

this can be considered animal abuse??
Feer19Jul 1, 2013 1:39 PM
Jul 1, 2013 1:13 PM

Aug 2011
shanimebib said:
All he cared about was getting the chance to read the last volume of Akiyama Shinobu's book. Even being a dog, his only concern is getting to read book that book?!

Well I mean, as a person who's extremely obsessed with books (I mean look at his apartment/condo) it's not an unreasonable dying wish. And after he's accepted that he's a dog he really has nothing to do and since he loves books so much, it's not surprising that he wants to read. I actually found that pretty funny.

Anyways, I think my expectations were really low for this because I ended up enjoying this first episode quite a bit. Kirihime and Kazuhito are pretty cool. I laughed a lot. The art style was a bit meh at first, but then I either got used to it or it got better. I probably got used to it.

Great first episode 4/5
Jul 1, 2013 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
It was odd, but I did enjoy it somehow. Great episode 4/5
Jul 1, 2013 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
This has to be a 007 reference:
Jul 1, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2012
Not bad, interesting enough to keep going for a few more episodes at the very least. Kirihime is pretty hot, but a bit too quick with the scissors. I like how he gets shot in the head protecting her 2 feet away and she doesn't even look up from writing. Okay...

At the very least she did look troubled a few times over his death, so maybe she does have a soft spot.
Jul 1, 2013 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
I liked it! The comedy felt a bit forced in the beginning but once I got used to it, it flowed great. Decent animation also. I wonder if Kazuhito will get his body back by the end.

Stark700 said:

Huhuhu that scene was awesome
Jul 1, 2013 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
Stark700 said:

You sure?! I thought it was from Batman!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2013 1:25 PM

Jun 2012
shanimebib said:

I'm pretty sure it's 007, it even has the gunshot
Jul 1, 2013 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
WHAT THE HECK WAS WITh THAT ENDING D:< ???
A dog? -.-

But now to the serious part:

Kirihime... please punish me.

I love you.
Jul 1, 2013 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
shanimebib said:

I'm pretty sure it's 007, it even has the gunshot
but where are the hot girls dancing around?
Jul 1, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
That was a unique first episode. Im looking forward to how the plot progresses

Jul 1, 2013 1:46 PM

May 2010
great first episode. definetly will keep watching

5/5
Jul 1, 2013 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
I have to say, it felt as though Kanoe Yuuko from Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, got a feature remodel and starred in this anime.

Would be an irony if Shimono Hiro voiced the dog, complete opposite of the dog he plays in Binbougami ga! The dialogue delivery technique made me think it was in fact him.

The show was plenty random but most importantly funny. The facial expression of the dog especially.
Jul 1, 2013 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
When I read the premise for the first time I thought this really wouldn't be my thing. The only reason I decided to give it a shot was the fact that the female lead is voiced by Marina Inoue, and man did she deliver! I did also find myself both amused and intrigued, so definitely gonna see what's coming next.
Jul 1, 2013 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty darn hilarious XD

Kirihime's S tendencies and her boob size bragging was so lol hahaha Loving her already.

Lol'd at the beginning "Let's change the topic." "Why don't u die?" XDXDXD

Kazuhito is funny as a dog XD Didn't expect him to die that brutally though.

OP and ED are funny and they have a lot of characters who seem interesting. Can't wait to see them in action :)

Loving the Idol already XD

Will definitely follow :D
Barion-ZaraJul 1, 2013 2:18 PM
Jul 1, 2013 2:19 PM
Oct 2012
this is pure shit worst anime this season
Jul 1, 2013 2:23 PM
Jan 2013
At first I found the plot really dumb but it did make sense. Gotta wait for the next ep!
Jul 1, 2013 2:23 PM

Feb 2011
That was a good start , i liked the comedy. But there were some things i didn't liked that i have to point out:

-They didn't show MC's face completely , I found that an unreasonable and stupid thing to do.
-OP was boring , ED was okay.
-About the animation , nothing special I guess.
Jul 1, 2013 2:24 PM

Feb 2013
xxtyrantxx said:

Well, this is the first anime this season, so...A little early to proclaim that, don't you think?

Anyway, I liked it. Thought it was hilarious. Even the OP and ED made me laugh, dancing scissors.
Jul 1, 2013 2:25 PM

Sep 2008
this was stupid and non-sensical, I LOVE IT XD

achivement unlocked:
Worst Death EVEEEER!!!

nazo no kanojou x, dansai bunri no crime edge, and now this one, really, are scisors a trend now? do we need 1 per season?
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 1, 2013 2:25 PM

Apr 2013
xxtyrantxx said:
lol I'm sure one of the magical girls shows (there's like 4 of them) will be worst.. or the comedy/sol (theres like 3 of them). Anyway you can't really tell how its gonna turn out after 1 episode.
Jul 1, 2013 2:26 PM

Aug 2011
UnbornMVs said:

-They didn't show MC's face completely , I found that an unreasonable and stupid thing to do.

Yeah, I agree that was just plain lazy. I don't know if they were trying for a 'mysterious' feel or something but to do that they didn't need to cover his face. I really wish they didn't do that.
Jul 1, 2013 2:35 PM
Jan 2012
Pretty slow and boring for a comedy <_< it's repetitive as hell, they made the same senseless joke 20 times in one only episode...
I hope for a better continuation, I need something to replace Muromi and MaouDonald's.
Jul 1, 2013 2:36 PM

Nov 2011
Seems funny enough. One of the strangest ED's i've ever seen.

Kami_no_Kage said:
xxtyrantxx said:

Well, this is the first anime this season, so...A little early to proclaim that, don't you think?

Anyway, I liked it. Thought it was hilarious. Even the OP and ED made me laugh, dancing scissors.

Its the 2nd anime actually. 'The sunday without God' had a pre-air stream today(before Inu to Hasami aired).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 1, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2013
Gets shot at point blank with a shotgun and his brain don't splatter all over the place? This series is looking to be ok.
Jul 1, 2013 2:52 PM

May 2013
Interesting. I will have to keep watching this.
Jul 1, 2013 2:55 PM

Jan 2012
He's so overly obsessed with books it's amazing...
And isn't there a limit to how much you're being concentrated on something? she just kept on writing...
Well that was fun ^^
The ED was something else lol
Jul 1, 2013 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
The premise was so weird that I had to watch. Not impressed, but I'll give it some more episodes to see where it goes.
Jul 1, 2013 3:07 PM

May 2013
pretty lovely episode, 5/5
will kepp watching,

im looking foward for next week tuesday
im currently rating this 9, might change as the serie develops

lovely start of summer for me
btw i already fell in love with Kirihime Natsuno
:D
Jul 1, 2013 3:07 PM
Nov 2010
Its probably just me, and I hate me for being so sensitive about that, but I cant stand seeing the female MC harass the dog :x probably because I have the exactly same dog at home...

Other than that, it was okay, I guess. Not that outstanding, but I am willing to see where this show goes.
Jul 1, 2013 3:13 PM

Jul 2011
I may be watching this just because there's a dog. I have a bad feeling this show will use "flat-chest" jokes to death... but that seems to be an unfortunate staple in most animes anyway.
I wasn't really laughing at all, but I thought it was cute.
Let's see if this can hold my interest past three episodes.
Jul 1, 2013 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:
UnbornMVs said:

Yeah, I agree that was just plain lazy. I don't know if they were trying for a 'mysterious' feel or something but to do that they didn't need to cover his face. I really wish they didn't do that.

I didn't find it to be a problem. It seems to be related to that aversion that anime has of showing the face of the dead, so perhaps it was a very unsubtle foreshadowing?

Anyway, this was really quite enjoyable. I came into it with low expectations but it was suprisingly funny. Both of the MC's seem interesting. Also, as he's a dog it can't turn into a harem!!!
Jul 1, 2013 3:21 PM

Mar 2011
It seems Yozora finally snapped, gave up on the Neighbor's Club, and puts her writing skills to use.
Jul 1, 2013 3:24 PM

Apr 2010
Meh. Willing to give it some time, but not expecting much.
antonnJul 1, 2013 3:28 PM
Jul 1, 2013 3:24 PM

Apr 2013
Wow great first episode. I already like the sadist girl and I will be watching. 5/5
Jul 1, 2013 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
Alright just watched the episode.. 3/5 if they repeat the same content for the next 2 weeks I'm dropping it. The only twist that I found interesting was that the girl turned out to be the famous author.

- The girl was about to get shot and didn't flinched.. and she didn't gave a shit when the guy tried to saved her and died.
- More interested in books than his own family or him being dead.
- Hopefully the jokes of "I'll kill you" / "die" with the mc don't last all 12 episodes (I don't even see myself lasting this long).
Jul 1, 2013 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
how did he hide the a fucking shotgun inside his jacket
Jul 1, 2013 3:38 PM

Oct 2009
How does this compare with crime edge? I did not watch crime edge last season.
Jul 1, 2013 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
Kamina__ said:
lets not forget that the boy/mc getting shot was in perfect condition, even if he was dead, after taking a blast to the head from 10 centimeters away.
Jul 1, 2013 3:41 PM

Apr 2010
Kamina__ said:

How do you get shot point-blank, in the face, with a shotgun, and not have your head splatter across the room?

Chinese cartoon magic.
Jul 1, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm. Natsuno reminds me of Urabe from Mysterious Girlfriend X.
Though it really bothered me how she didn't lift a finger in the diner. Just continued to write.

There better be a good explanation for that. She doesn't seem like she is a bad person, and she feels a bit of guilt.

4.5/5

Like the artstyle, the opening and ending are really good.
Jul 1, 2013 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Sourire said:
Alright just watched the episode.. 3/5 if they repeat the same content for the next 2 weeks I'm dropping it. The only twist that I found interesting was that the girl turned out to be the famous author.

- The girl was about to get shot and didn't flinched.. and she didn't gave a shit when the guy tried to saved her and died.
- More interested in books than his own family or him being dead.
- Hopefully the jokes of "I'll kill you" / "die" with the mc don't last all 12 episodes (I don't even see myself lasting this long).

As to the writer in the cafe, she was in the zone and ignoring all that was around her. I've been there so I know what it feels like. Of course a shotgun going off right beside you would send you out of that so with the first shot she should have responded!

I think the reason why she wanted to kill the dog was that his voice was constantly in her head for a few days. It would drive me nuts! Of course once she realised who was in the dog she had a slight change of heart. She still seems to find him annoying though. She seems to have a pretty huge ego and probably rightly so as a best selling author.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2013

152 by akihikosama »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

60 by Estefan »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:59 PM

» who else here from the anirecap video

jerkingdolphin - Feb 15, 2022

1 by 1078Kish-kun »»
Mar 24, 2022 6:33 AM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

55 by Ashhk »»
May 27, 2021 6:44 AM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2013

39 by Ashhk »»
May 26, 2021 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.