Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 24, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
Suzunoooo!!!

Jun 25, 2013 4:17 AM

Apr 2011
Saraph said:
So fucking retarded. Just one episode to go.. ugh.

Please enlighten us. How was this episode "so fucking retarded"?
Jun 25, 2013 6:40 AM

May 2013
Zel_Ezl said:
And I really like how Emi cares for Chiho so much ^^
Maou, too... if this is a yuri... I'm going to be a big fan of Chiho x Emi! XD

Damn your Idea is too damn awesome!!
Tch.
Jun 25, 2013 9:09 AM
Oct 2012
sweetsymphony said:
Zel_Ezl said:

Glad I am not the only one who thought of this. Emi has been extremely possessive of Chiho, wanting to show her she was the hero, pulling her close to her several times (if she had been a guy, the intent would have been clear, but since Emi is a female it isn't), losing it not when she is being tortured, but when the Angel threatened Chiho. I discounted the possibility because of the genre, but what a hoot if this series actually made Emi the harem MC (Suzuno as well), instead of Maou. I would buy every single issue for this reason alone. Talk about original.
Jun 25, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2012
tucodon said:

Chi chan is op @@

Yea that was pretty epic xD
Jun 26, 2013 1:33 AM
Nov 2012
has this expression been posted already? :3

cause its another hilarious Yuusha expression XD

Fireego said:

Speaking of blushing, that's what Emi did when Maou told her that he could see her front wide open. She also slapped Maou shortly afterwords

I found it hilarious how she's too tired to even overreact (as usual) about being in his arms "iam way too tired for this today". and you cna feel it in her voice too that she's exhauted and worn out after the torture. She cant even quickly cover herself up.

Oh and i totally saw that hand imprint on his face and didnt realise that she'd slapped him, thanks for pointing that out XD

The bit where she interupted his pre-asskicking line to tell him to just let her down was funny to. He didnt even let it phase him, he just went back to it when she left.

Judging from the opening title, i hope next season reveals why Yuusha has angel wings (maybe its just an ability that comes with a high level of sacred power?) and i hope we get to see chi use her archery skills.
IkuinenJun 26, 2013 1:51 AM
Jun 26, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2011
Ikuinen said:
Judging from the opening title, i hope next season reveals why Yuusha has angel wings (maybe its just an ability that comes with a high level of sacred power?) and i hope we get to see chi use her archery skills.

Refer to episode 4, Emi is half-angel, thus why she can even use Better Half (her sacred sword).
Jun 26, 2013 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
Was Ashiya sick because of Suzuno?
Jun 26, 2013 5:21 AM

Mar 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Was Ashiya sick because of Suzuno?

Yes

Excellent finale for the season, now I can only hope for a ton of fanservice for the last episode :p
Jun 26, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

This face ;o

Desu yone~
Jun 26, 2013 7:51 PM

Sep 2007
AMG I loled at Lucifer's "Heaven = being a NEET" statement xD xD xD
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 26, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
sweetsymphony said:
Zel_Ezl said:

Glad I am not the only one who thought of this. Emi has been extremely possessive of Chiho, wanting to show her she was the hero, pulling her close to her several times (if she had been a guy, the intent would have been clear, but since Emi is a female it isn't), losing it not when she is being tortured, but when the Angel threatened Chiho. I discounted the possibility because of the genre, but what a hoot if this series actually made Emi the harem MC (Suzuno as well), instead of Maou. I would buy every single issue for this reason alone. Talk about original.

I can clearly see Suzuno having feelings for Emi without making any changes. We have clearly seen how in in at least one successful anime (Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!) they have added yuri elements not found in the original light novel. Since Maou has ATM no feeling for Chiho (seems he is monre interested in Emi's DFC) and since even at the end of a second season there might be no advancement in Maou's feeling for Chiho, it would make sense to make Emi a bisexual harem MC who could potentially gain over Chiho's affection.
Jun 26, 2013 11:15 PM

May 2013
this is episode is so funny XD
i don't know is episode for fighting or for funny :v
Jun 27, 2013 4:11 AM

Apr 2012
Now I just suddenly feels blue when I think that tomorrow's episode would be the last.

Btw, I just rewatch from eps 1, and I think in the earlier episode emi is quite chubby. I didn't notice when the change occur, but now she looks taller and slimmer than she is in the earlier episode.
Jun 27, 2013 6:13 AM

Apr 2009
Well, that was one heck of a nice showdown. Liked how even in the heat of battle there were bits of comedy mixed in. The combatants involved are powerful enough to play around, anyway. Especially Maou who upon powering up singlehandedly won the boss fight... clad only in his underwear. Laughed at how in between shots Emilia managed to squeeze in a slap on Maou's face. Dat love-hate relationship. Maou posing as Chiho to beat the crap out of that de facto fallen angel is also worth mentioning.

I guess both Sariel and Lucifer do not really know each other though they never faced off either... might have been interesting for former colleagues from Heaven. Had a laugh at how he had become addicted to the NEET lifestyle to even think of betraying his master - who was paying for all of it.

Emi was unable to do anything as Emilia this time, though to be fair the opponent was a hard counter against her, the half-angel hero who only had sacred powers to rely on.

Lol at Alsiel being fashionably (too) late for the action. And the realization he was sick due to Suzuno's cooking - deliberately meant to weaken or harm demons, I guess.
Jun 27, 2013 6:25 AM

May 2013
zlood said:
Now I just suddenly feels blue when I think that tomorrow's episode would be the last.

Btw, I just rewatch from eps 1, and I think in the earlier episode emi is quite chubby. I didn't notice when the change occur, but now she looks taller and slimmer than she is in the earlier episode.

Hmm I agree, she looks better there than now but I think its because of the stress of her work and spying on Maou hehehe xD
Tch.
Jun 27, 2013 5:59 PM

Dec 2012
LMFAO.

Holy shit this episode didn't disappoint. The amazing humor and action is all back with this awesome climax of the story <3. The stale parts after episode 5 are forgiven :D.
Jun 28, 2013 10:49 AM

May 2009
Jun 28, 2013 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
It was really intense and fun :D
Jun 29, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2011
Epic fights and great humour. I feel its regained its magic again after the last few eps.
Jul 1, 2013 12:54 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode! so much action and so much WIN!! why does it have to end in just 1 more episode T_________T

ToushiFlow said:
"Heaven is a six-tatami, one-room, second-floor apartment on Earth...Being a NEET is awesome!"

Hahahahaha best character ever! xD

Words to live by...thank you Lucifer! XDDDDD
Jul 1, 2013 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
"I went back to retrieve me mantle!" LOOOL

bastek66 said:

Genius!!
Jul 2, 2013 4:53 AM
Jul 2018

Poor Ashiya. He got his powers back but was late in battle.
Emi's slap at Maou's face. XD
Jul 2, 2013 10:11 AM
Mar 2013
I wanna say this scene reminded me of SAO.
Jul 2, 2013 3:48 PM
Jul 2013
Before I come to my discussion about the unresolved questions and problems of the anime, I really like the anime and really looking forward for season 2.

Now, I know it's foolish to say that angel is good and devil is bad but even if you set that aside, Maou is still the person that make the lives of Ente Isle a living hell filled with demons. So can I ask you, can we just forgot maou's past actions just because he is doing good things? It's like robbing the people, raping, murdering and I'll just go to somewhere I'm not known and just forget everything that have happened and live my life with full of goodness. And not to mention, its Satan were talking here. Even a mere human(scammer) is much more evil than him(episode 13). What's with that?

I am only looking for justice like being sealed forever in some dungeon or something. It just pisses me off when the story never resolve this problem and keeps it hanging for the rest of the series. AHHHH!

EXCEPT if Maou is just scheming someting much more sinister by acting good in the eyes of the people around him. I really want Maou to be the Maou of the G-senjou no Maou(visual novel). I want an ending like Maou will be evil again and tell them thay he fooled them to lower their guards and at the end, he realizes his mistakes and the goodness of a human heart before unleashing a portal that will teleport all demons in the human world, but in order to do so, he uses all his life force in the process just to close up the portal. THE END
Jul 2, 2013 3:51 PM
Jul 2013
yoyoboy said:

haha, yup, i really think they are similar with SAO. Maou looks like the protagonist of SAO and also the same with Emilia.
Jul 2, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2013
pipeds said:
Now, I know it's foolish to say that angel is good and devil is bad but even if you set that aside, Maou is still the person that make the lives of Ente Isle a living hell filled with demons. So can I ask you, can we just forgot maou's past actions just because he is doing good things? It's like robbing the people, raping, murdering and I'll just go to somewhere I'm not known and just forget everything that have happened and live my life with full of goodness. And not to mention, its Satan were talking here. Even a mere human(scammer) is much more evil than him(episode 13). What's with that?

Why people can't come to terms with the fact that Maou is no different from conquerors human history has by the handful? Why no one talks about how evil were Julius Caesar, Iskandar, Rurik and many other conquerors? I will tell you why, the only difference is that this particular conqueror is called Satan and has horns <sarcasm> wow, now that is evil</sarcasm> Maou waged war and terrible things happen in ALL wars (done by both sides, but only the losers get to go to war tribunals), there are no such things as good wars (if you think otherwise you have be thoroughly brainwashed by the state propaganda machine), saying that some war was not as bad as other wars is just trying to avoid a simple truth, war is glorified ransacking and murder.
Jul 2, 2013 6:44 PM
Jul 2013
mangamuscle said:

That's what I'm talking about. But for me, whoever may they be even if you are a hero, a crime is a crime. Justice must be made regardless of who you are. But what I'm always piss about is that he just suddenly change his heart to goodness. It's annoying how the anime didn't resolve, I'm looking forward to how this will be resolve in season 2.
Jul 3, 2013 9:25 AM

Apr 2012
pipeds said:
mangamuscle said:

That's what I'm talking about. But for me, whoever may they be even if you are a hero, a crime is a crime. Justice must be made regardless of who you are. But what I'm always piss about is that he just suddenly change his heart to goodness. It's annoying how the anime didn't resolve, I'm looking forward to how this will be resolve in season 2.

As someone who has read the light novel up to vol 5, I could assure you that your concern won't be resolved in 2 season (if any). Unless the studio decide to stray from LN.
Jul 9, 2013 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
Nice

Drama and then comedy battle.
Jul 11, 2013 9:35 AM

Sep 2011
Maou took the level of being a badass demon again. And I like everyone, even Lucifer, are cooperating.

Jul 12, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2010
Uh just so meh, Maou's speech was so lame, I mean honestly, the whole "I'm doing this for my part time job" thing just isn't funny nor cool at all. Chico is freaking annoying and why the hell is she suddenly so powerful, enough to kick an arch angel down? If she'd done that sooner they wouldn't have needed Maou ._.

Idk but I think it's a really lame episode and everything is way too predictable
Jul 12, 2013 6:23 PM
Oct 2012
I liked the idea but yeah, no more than 7/10 in my book.
Jul 14, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
Really enjoyed this episode also epic fight
Jul 15, 2013 12:53 AM

Feb 2012
Animefanx3 said:
Uh just so meh, Maou's speech was so lame, I mean honestly, the whole "I'm doing this for my part time job" thing just isn't funny nor cool at all. Chico is freaking annoying and why the hell is she suddenly so powerful, enough to kick an arch angel down? If she'd done that sooner they wouldn't have needed Maou ._.

Idk but I think it's a really lame episode and everything is way too predictable

Chico... are we watching the same show? lol

And about that kick, it was Maou disguised as Chiho. Watch it again.
Jul 25, 2013 3:17 AM

Aug 2009
good ep. talk about epicness.

only 1 more ep left :(
Aug 2, 2013 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
I thought Chiho was being a badass there for a second. xD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 3, 2013 6:15 PM

May 2012
Really epic episode, the fight was great and just really nice finish with some nice humour, slight fan service and just a funny ending! Lets see what the last episode has to offer!
Aug 4, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
pipeds said:
yoyoboy said:

haha, yup, i really think they are similar with SAO. Maou looks like the protagonist of SAO and also the same with Emilia.

How exactly does Emi look like Asuna?

^ *prays for the day BBCode allows images again*
Aug 18, 2013 8:29 PM

Jun 2013
When Chi-chan was fighting I was like "AW HELL YEAH YOU GET EM GI-oh wait it was just maou"

Anyways, great episode. Sad that it ends next ep.
Aug 27, 2013 10:49 PM

Feb 2010
BADASS Maou. Awesome.
Aug 28, 2013 1:56 PM

Jun 2011
Elite60 said:
Finally Alsiel gets a chance to shine, except all the fun had passed already.

I know right! I was waiting the whole time for him to show up @@.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2013 10:45 AM

Jun 2011
pipeds said:

I am only looking for justice like being sealed forever in some dungeon or something. It just pisses me off when the story never resolve this problem and keeps it hanging for the rest of the series. AHHHH!

DISCLAIMER: I do not follow the source material so any speculations made might very well be invalidated by someone more familiar with the source. Moving on...

I would agree with you if it were not for the fact that we don't actually know what Maou was trying to achieve back in Ente Isla. Was he waging war simply for its own sake? It's not made clear, but I'm having a hard time looking at this through black and white lenses.

Pure evil doesn't exist. It's the same as any other simplifications we make as humans. Sure it's nice to think about a spherical cow just to make reasoning about it a tractable matter, but reality is imperfect. Pure evil is as unreal as an ideal gas (i.e. one that has literally no attractive forces between its particles).

I'm willing to bet that there's more to the Demons vs Humans story than the old stories where having horns implies being evil incarnate.
Dec 9, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
Animefanx3 said:

Nigga, you dense.

Episode wise, was a nice episode, I thought Chiho got a powerup from shizuno or something.
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Dec 19, 2013 1:33 PM
May 2013
Best episode ever , it was awesome from the start to the end.
Urushihara did what I've expected to do.
The ending scene was priceless.
Dec 24, 2013 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
Goodbye James, I mean Sarue.
I love this episode.
The action was good. The comedy was.... as always, hilarious.
Too bad this anime is short.
Nah, one episode left.
Jan 16, 2014 11:51 PM

Mar 2012
Eh, this episode was full of corny lines...I have no idea if any of that fight was supposed to be funny, because I think the script writer could have done a shit load better than "I'm doing this for my job, and my co-worker!"....kinda sucks the strongerst episode at least to me turned out to be the weakest one in terms of comedy.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 20, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
So much fun! This episode was great. Open portal > toss Sarue in > close portal haha priceless!
Jan 20, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2013
So every one joined the not-so-evil side finally :)

That pervert archangel failed, yay :D

The fighting scene was pretty good, along with the animation.

Lucifer win so much in this episode against the other douche xD

One episode left, I'm going to miss it :(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 21, 2014 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
Just rewatched it, man it was painful to see Sariel hurting Emi =(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.