Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' to get Movie Adaptation in Fall

New
Jun 9, 2013 6:21 AM

Sep 2012
It was announced during a fan event of "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!" that the anime will be adapted to an anime movie which will be released in theaters on September 14th. The name of the movie is "Takanashi Rikka Kai: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie". It will be a summary of the anime TV series (aired in 2012 from October to December) with new footage.

Official website: http://www.anime-chu-2.com

Announcement PV for the movie:

Source: Mainichi

Takanashi Rikka Kai: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 12, 2016 5:13 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 9, 2013 6:22 AM

Oct 2008
ugh. kyoani's worst case of milking yet?
Jun 9, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
BigSimo said:
Or best case.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
Wait this is the preview for the movie?

I thought it would be for season 2. Anyways looking forward to it.
Jun 9, 2013 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Wait this is the preview for the movie?
I thought it would be for season 2. Anyways looking forward to it.
As the title of the video says 劇場版 which means Movie.

Jun 9, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
^ Still waiting for the actual PV tbh of season 2. I'm curious on how the movie will go.
Jun 9, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2012
Access to the movie website seems to be very slow. Perhaps because so many people are swarming there...

Jun 9, 2013 6:32 AM

Sep 2010
So recap movies really are a thing now?
zetsuboSenseiJun 9, 2013 6:36 AM
Jun 9, 2013 6:32 AM

Nov 2007
This is great! A recap movie with new footage (with higher production values) and the already announced Season 2.

Now if only v5 of the Hyouka LN also got a movie adaptation :(
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 9, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2012
zetsuboSensei said:
So recap movies really is a thing now?
It has always been the case since there were something called anime TV series and anime movies.

Jun 9, 2013 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
zetsuboSensei said:

Well, it does state it will contain new footage.
Jun 9, 2013 6:34 AM

Jan 2009
symbv said:
It will be a summary of the anime TV series (aired in 2012 from October to December) with new footage.

the curse of recap movies
Jun 9, 2013 6:35 AM
Apr 2013
symbv said:
Access to the movie website seems to be very slow. Perhaps because so many people are swarming there...

I thought its just me.
Jun 9, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2011
I don't care if its a recap, do want.
Jun 9, 2013 6:41 AM

Sep 2009
Hope it doesn't mean there would be no S2? Although I still wonder if vol. 2 "adaptation" is needed.
Jun 9, 2013 6:43 AM
Jan 2011
There will be this Recapmovie AND Season 2 :)
Jun 9, 2013 6:46 AM

Sep 2010
symbv said:
zetsuboSensei said:
It has always been the case since there were something called anime TV series and anime movies.

Stark700 said:
zetsuboSensei said:

Well, it does state it will contain new footage.

I don't really mean any offense towards Chuu2 or KyoAni for that matter. It's just, I'm curious as to why would people produce a "rehashed" version of story that's already been offered to audiences when they can produce an original one.
Jun 9, 2013 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
zetsuboSensei said:
I don't really mean any offense towards Chuu2 or KyoAni for that matter. It's just, I'm curious as to why would people produce a "rehashed" version of story that's already been offered to audiences when they can produce an original one.
Many people love the chance to watch their favorite anime shown on big screen so that they can relive their favorite moments in the anime. There are also those who missed the TV series (particularly since it was aired in midnight time slot) and hence the movie is a good way to introduce them to the anime. And of course there are money reason - revenue from ticket sales and movie BD/DVD sale. It can even serve as a marketing opportunity for the second season.

You see, the merits are many. You should be able to come up with them if you just give it some good thought.
symbvJun 9, 2013 7:01 AM

Jun 9, 2013 6:51 AM

Feb 2008
BigSimo said:

They're just taking cues from SHAFT at this point. Or something like that.

A second season for Chuu2 was already announced, anyway. It's easy enough to just ignore the movie's existence.
Jun 9, 2013 6:53 AM

Apr 2012
So happy to hear this! KyoAni is just trying their best to make me go bankrupt, it seems.

Such a glorious day~
BigSimo said:
Hey, with today's market and the high probability of losing money, when you finally get a big hit like this, you gotta run with it.

At least with KyoAni, it should still have great production values and actually not suck. Like how Shaft's "milking" of Hidamari Sketch has only lead to successive seasons being of a much higher quality than the last.
AndyRayyJun 11, 2013 11:03 AM

Jun 9, 2013 6:56 AM

Feb 2010
This is going to be a good way to rewatch the series before season 2.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2013 7:03 AM
Sep 2012
I'll pass on this one. This is like the madoka recaps but madoka is a massive hit than chuuni so i'll just sit back and wait for camrips and the new scenes online. But I can't wait what is in store after the end credits roll. New trailer for season 2 perhaps.
Jun 9, 2013 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
2nd season + movie (recap of 1st season + new), nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 9, 2013 7:04 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
I'll pass on this one. This is like the madoka recaps but madoka is a massive hit than chuuni so i'll just sit back and wait for camrips and the new scenes online.
Camrip is low quality illegal stuff. I don't hold much expectation for that.

Jun 9, 2013 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
wow.. now they add movie to their next project... good news to me, cant wait.

Jun 9, 2013 7:09 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Camrip is low quality illegal stuff. I don't hold much expectation for that.

Camrips here in tokyo aren't. Steins;gate dejavu, Aura, NeraGaku, HanaIroha movie. Particularly that Hanasaku camrip. I don't know how they do it.

On topic, I don't even know if i'll buy the bluray release because i haven't bought chuu2koi related stuff.
bippoJun 9, 2013 7:13 AM
Jun 9, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Camrips here in tokyo aren't. Steins;gate dejavu, Aura, NeraGaku, HanaIroha movie. Particularly that Hanasaku camrip. I don't know how they do it.
Are you sure they are camrip, not leaks?

Jun 9, 2013 7:12 AM
Sep 2012
^ Rips. Anime movies are usually out a day after the first roadshow. J-movies are out an hour online after screening. XD
Jun 9, 2013 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
Oh well, whatver it is, I'll watch it, its the only thing I've ever enjoyed from KyoAni.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jun 9, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
^ Rips. Anime movies are usually out a day after the first roadshow. J-movies are out an hour online after screening. XD
Could be taken by staff themselves...

Jun 9, 2013 7:20 AM

Sep 2011
I'm only interested in the season 2 not the recap movie
Jun 9, 2013 7:21 AM

Dec 2009
Recap, huh... 90% recap 10% shit?
I watched the trailer without reading the whole news, so I thought they just didn't want to show anything from the movie, oh well.
Jun 9, 2013 7:22 AM

Mar 2012
Well, I'm not the biggest fan of the show but it was enjoyable. That's much, much more than I can say for Tamako Market. So I'm mildly excited
Jun 9, 2013 7:33 AM

Oct 2012
zetsuboSensei said:

Money is in there boy. Did you think airing in TV they got money?
Jun 9, 2013 7:33 AM

Jun 2008
Recap?
Not interested.
The show was good, but imo not rewatch material.
I would rather wait for second season.
Jun 9, 2013 7:35 AM

Jan 2012
Will not watch if recap
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Jun 9, 2013 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
A bit unexpected, but nice to know
When a show is considered successful, high chance that KyoAni will make a movie from it
Jun 9, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2011
More Chu2 is always welcome
Jun 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Mar 2012
Cedronia said:
A bit unexpected, but nice to know
When a show is considered successful, high chance that KyoAni will make a movie from it
This is the third movie that they've ever made out of all the years they've been around. I don't consider that to be a very high percentage.
Jun 9, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2012
Excuse me while I shriek in happiness.
Jun 9, 2013 8:02 AM

Feb 2012
Not really interested in recaps, but will watch for new scenes.

Guess this means season 2 will be next year.
Jun 9, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2011
Huh, I'm somewhat interested. The comedy might just be bearable if it isn't for 10 episodes long. Not expecting too much though.
Jun 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Oct 2007
So this is going to be their key flagship franchise for at least a little bit I take it? I guess when it's about twice or in some cases several times as successful as anything they've released since K-On they've got to take the opportunity.

Well this should quell any more mythology that Kyoani is somehow "above" reusing footage for compilation movies. They're obviously becoming a little bigger recently and refocusing and more in need of supplemental projects like this to keep a steady income. Maybe they can do a retelling of that pretty awful ending arc while they're at it.

zetsuboSensei said:

Recap movie have been a thing since at least the early 2000's, though usually they only tend to get made for entirely original properties not so much for adaptations, though this shows status is something of an ambiguity in that regard.
Jun 9, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
Really? First a second season and now a MOVIE? Duh. Nice job milking it, KyoAni. Let me know if this piece flops in the box office.
Jun 9, 2013 8:17 AM

Jun 2011
From reading the comments, it doesn't seem like this movie is the second season.. I was scared there for a second thinking that this movie will be the sequel they said -.- Luckily it wasn't
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 9, 2013 8:18 AM

Mar 2012
not interested, having to watch the second season of this is bad enough

Mod Edit: Edited to remove trollish adjective.
KinetaJun 10, 2013 2:45 AM
Jun 9, 2013 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Seems like it'll be good advertising for season 2. Can't wait.
Jun 9, 2013 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
More Rikka is definitely welcomed.
Jun 9, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2008
Milking hard. Isn't it a little too early to make a recap?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 9, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2010
Still gonna watch this. More KyoAni is always welcome.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
1 hour ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.