Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 10, 2013 11:46 PM

Sep 2010
great chapter

I kinda have a feeling how the next chapter will go. It will focus on the scouting legion in pursue, and the end cliffhanger will probably show Ymir and Eren leave with Reiner and Bertholt, by their own choice.

man that would be such an interesting ending to next chapter, and make waiting another month much harder :D
May 11, 2013 1:35 AM

Sep 2011
Fucking cliffhangers.
May 11, 2013 2:46 AM
Dec 2012
What I find interesting is that the Mangaka is emphasizing the pain Mikasa has in her head whenever its related to Eren.

I remember her having that pain when:
1. Eren's Mother died
2. Eren was thought to be dead.
3. Eren got kidnapped by Annie.
May 11, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2012
Awwww, no more Titan UFC fights? Hope they would be more later on.
May 11, 2013 2:59 AM

Jun 2011
can't wait for next chapter..!
we need some info..!!
5/5
May 11, 2013 3:27 AM

Feb 2010
Kinda hoping Eren doesn't go with them willingly, I mean he needs to join Mikasa and Armin again. They got so down this chapter before Hannes reminded them it was always like that. Curious about what Bertholdt and Reiner have to say though... Hopefully we'll get some answers about what the heck is actually happening. It's gonna be one hell of a mission for the military to undertake. Haha, they got the military police out of the centre. Loved Rivaille's response to those soldiers.
May 11, 2013 5:01 AM

Aug 2011
This chapter...I was hoping for this outcome ever since the last 3 chapters and its now in motion! I love this manga.

Well now Eren is "kidnapped" alongside with Ymir by Reiner and Bertholdt. Though their intention doesn't seem malicious at all, but more like they are need of help, and the Titans that roam around the world outside of the wall are not on the same page as them.

Hannes, just like people mentioned it here. His death is coming. Just maybe, but this world in the manga is just brutal.

Loved how Levi tried to talk sense into the Military Police to join them to the outside, I honestly don't think they will survive for long enough, but seeing how they are meant to be in the top 10 in their trainee squad can be a big asset for them, but the experience of not encountering a Titan while they were in the inner wall will be a problem for them.

The next chapter, can't wait for it anymore! Now it's time for the humans to track them down in the Titans home ground! Its going to be one hell of a ride.
May 11, 2013 6:57 AM
Feb 2012
We all know that Hannes will die- especially after reading this chapter- and I can guarantee you that manly tears will be shed.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 11, 2013 7:42 AM

Sep 2011
Hannes is like their father now, of the group. Sigh... I really hope he doesn't die

Eran will probably lash oit about how Bertholdt and Reiner/Rynor(?) killed his parents.

Oh yeah, something Jean mentioned. Im starting to think that the best 3D gear users and their ability to escape the Titans is the reason why they Are allowed in theinner walls, thr top officials want their protection
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 11, 2013 7:54 AM

May 2013
May 11, 2013 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
^ Is it weird I find that picture totally cute?

That eating scene. Always love those angry eating scenes.
May 11, 2013 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
ernst said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
You don't believe they are your enemy before you hear it from that?! How freaking stupid can you be?! Did he forgot how many people got eaten because of these two! Jeez, friendship doesn't cover that kind of betrayal!

I liked the fact that he wanted to talk to them and knows that he can. Look at what happened when Eren followed your thoughts. If only he let Reiner finished explaining. I recall Reiner shedding some tears when his 'friend' Mikasa attacked him while talking. Wrong move, made things more complicated. Reiner wanted a more peaceful approach. Atleast punish him after he explained things, or if he suddenly start actually attacking.

Mikasa didn't attack him while he was talking but when he started changing into a Titan. In other words she waited until she saw they become a treat to Eren. Also:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c042/26.html

Rainer didn't want a peaceful approach. He did suddenly start to attack.

And it is not a mater of how many people died because of their attacks but the fact that Eren's mother died because of them. Something Eren should newer forgive.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 11, 2013 9:41 AM

Nov 2012
That Hannes...Now I know what they mean by a 'death flag'...it's just got that feeling of foreboding.

Anyway its great that he at least calmed Mikasa down for them to analyze the situation further, and with the reinforcements gathered now, I can't wait for them to attack Reiner's crowd of four (including Eren and Ymir).

Overall, nice buildup for this chapter! :D

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
May 11, 2013 10:15 AM

Feb 2010
Anyone knows when is the next chapter released? Monthly? Also, where can I get this information other than on MAL which doesn't list it?
Living in a word: where to be born, is simply my mention. To be living: our story. Then to die, your final. Restart!
May 11, 2013 10:28 AM

Mar 2013
Stb1990 said:
Anyone knows when is the next chapter released? Monthly? Also, where can I get this information other than on MAL which doesn't list it?

The group scanlating it is TDX, they release a chapter around the 9-12th day of each month.
May 11, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Kratos_Ortega said:
Loved how Levi tried to talk sense into the Military Police to join them to the outside, I honestly don't think they will survive for long enough, but seeing how they are meant to be in the top 10 in their trainee squad can be a big asset for them, but the experience of not encountering a Titan while they were in the inner wall will be a problem for them.

Being in the inner walls, I highly doubt the Military Police had much of a chance to use the 3d gear after graduation so even if they had been in the top 10, they've got to be rusty as fuck. That plus the inexperience you mentioned gives me the feeling that they'll get slaughtered in the following chapters. I really hope they survive though, coz that just might be the wake-up call they need- just like how it was for Jean.
May 11, 2013 10:58 AM

Apr 2013
RinM said:
ernst said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
You don't believe they are your enemy before you hear it from that?! How freaking stupid can you be?! Did he forgot how many people got eaten because of these two! Jeez, friendship doesn't cover that kind of betrayal!

I liked the fact that he wanted to talk to them and knows that he can. Look at what happened when Eren followed your thoughts. If only he let Reiner finished explaining. I recall Reiner shedding some tears when his 'friend' Mikasa attacked him while talking. Wrong move, made things more complicated. Reiner wanted a more peaceful approach. Atleast punish him after he explained things, or if he suddenly start actually attacking.

Mikasa didn't attack him while he was talking but when he started changing into a Titan. In other words she waited until she saw they become a treat to Eren. Also:

And it is not a mater of how many people died because of their attacks but the fact that Eren's mother died because of them. Something Eren should newer forgive.

^agree

I also think Connie was able to give a more level-headed response because he hasn't been personally affected by the armored and colossal titan attacks to the degree that Eren has (Connie's entire family was well and alive before this current arc iirc).
May 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
awesome chapter ^^ that ending *w* can't wait for next ;D
May 11, 2013 1:20 PM
Apr 2013
great chapter

and i like how everyone dont believe that rainer and the berlolt are not exactly bad

guys and there some explanation as to why there are doing this >>>>> i think ymir saw

this coming considering how calm she looked ....
May 11, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2011
Anoter great chapter.

Finally Eren and Ymir are kidnapped by Reiner and Bert.I wonder what will happen now and where their discussion will head.

Hanji is so smart.

Oh and death flag for Hannes?
May 11, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
hannes speech was fucking boss, this pursuit sure will be epic
May 11, 2013 5:47 PM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
ernst said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

^Agreed BUT Reiner did want a peaceful approach but after being rejected he decided to fulfill his duty..

Reiner: "I don't know what's right or wrong anymore but what I do know is no what results my actions and the consequences of my choices brought about, as a warrior, I gotta take full responsibility and fulfill my duty to the bitter end. We'll settle this, here and now!"

My question is what is his "duty" and has it changed since the initial attack 5 years ago? I know he has to capture Eren but for what purpose. It seems as though Reiner does not want to destroy mankind anymore so somewhere down the line him and Bertholdt changed their minds.

Reiner:"We were brats who knew nothing back then. If only I'd never learned about those fools' existence, I'd've never had to become the shitty pathetic bastard I am now."

Hopefully, that'll be cleared up next chapter along with explaining who those "fools" were that he was talking about before attacking Eren.
If your stomach feels weak then my work here is done.

May 11, 2013 5:50 PM

Feb 2010
hope Reiner and Bertholt explain what their true motives are in the next chapter.
May 11, 2013 7:27 PM
May 2010
Stark700 said:
j0x said:
Stark700 said:

Zhou said:
Something is wrong with Mikasa, probably her brain, I think she might turn into a titan.

If that's true, I wonder what kind of titan she might turn into. Or, maybe it's just that she's going through a lot right now.

if Mikasa can become a titan then that confirms that she was injected by her mom with something shown on chapter 5 page 37

Hannes just raises a death flag in this chapter

Think this might be something related:

I can't imagine what kind of Titan she might be if it turns out to be true though.

I don't believe Mikasa can be a titan. Episode 6 went in a different direction, using needlework instead of bandaging up her arm. That or the anime will deviate from the manga and have an original ending. But Mikasa being a titan would be too much, people are going to say everyone's a titan, though they could turn into titans somehow.

aokuro said:
Always happy to see Levi and angry eating scenes.
Ugh, Berthold has that worried look on his face when he took Eren out of his titan form.
They're probably gonna have a nice long talk with Eren now.
Unless he refuses to listen, protests, and they have to knock him out, lol.

Glad they brought Ymir with them. I mean, she's eaten one of their friends before, right? I don't know whether that was before or after Reiner and Bert got their titan powers, but it would be interesting to see them confront her.

Yeah, I'm wondering Reiner and Bert will look for revenge of some sort. It also raises an interesting question. Ymir is not like other titans right? She's eaten people before, she has to be incredibly old, at least 100 years old. Bert and Reiner are also going to be really old.

I'm glad the story is now starting to take place outside the walls and human activity. Feels like a breath of fresh air, like freedom. I knew that at some point for the story to progress they'd have to get out. I'm hoping they Eren and Ymir outside of wall Maria to their hometown and catch a glimpse of what's it like out there and how colossal titans handle the other titans and some of the back story and history.
May 11, 2013 8:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Finally, have been waiting forever to see Eren captured :)

Now we can have some information on the Titan faction.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 11, 2013 9:31 PM

Oct 2011
This is getting more and more interesting. I have a feeling Reiner and Bert are not mankind's enemies, and that they're somehow trying to protect them from the real 'boss' enemy. If I have to guess, that enemy might be that huge ape-like titan with high intelligence. Definitely looking forward to see how events will unfold.

May 11, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
The giant ape titan better have proper explanations
May 11, 2013 10:49 PM

Apr 2013
Good chapter!

I hope they do not find the Eren to see the reaction of the characters.
May 11, 2013 11:34 PM

Apr 2009
As others expected, Ryner and Bertholdt finally succeed in abducting Eren (and Ymir as well). The next few chapters are a good time for them to explain why they're doing all of this. I'd like to know exactly why and for what they're willing to become traitors and push humanity to extinction.

Also, first time in... ever(?) that we saw the stoic Mikasa get all teary-eyed. One of the few times when she's unable to do anything despite all her skills. Quite frustrating from her POV indeed. Whereas Hannes suddenly appearing again, and all that talk of going back to the old days... 'tis a death flag getting raised indeed.

The pursuing party has been formed, it shall be good. Though I'd hate it if other factions of the military make a knee-jerk reaction and arrest all former members of the 104th trainees just because all known human-titan transformers came from their batch.
May 12, 2013 12:46 AM

Dec 2011
What exactly is this death flag that everyone is talking about?
Live forever, or die trying
May 12, 2013 1:19 AM

Aug 2012
tsukigari said:
Hannes volunteering to go out with them, when he had 0 presence in the manga so far.
May 12, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 2009
MellowJello said:
tsukigari said:
Hannes volunteering to go out with them, when he had 0 presence in the manga so far.

He just became the mentor figure or basically The Obi - Wan...Basically he is destined to die XD

It is all explained here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheObiWan
Morrigan31May 12, 2013 1:49 AM
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 12, 2013 9:05 AM
Apr 2013
i just dont see how they can justify their actions and convince for help. This two have killed THOUSANDS up THOUSANDS of people, i doubt i can like them
May 12, 2013 1:30 PM
Mar 2012
meh not much happened, glad he got kidnapped, we're finally getting somewhere and maybe eren will finally get a power up
ShadugeMay 12, 2013 1:34 PM
May 12, 2013 1:51 PM

Aug 2009
Shaduge said:
meh not much happened, glad he got kidnapped, we're finally getting somewhere and maybe eren will finally get a power up

Why would he need a power up? He's already strong enough to take on Reiner. Unless you mean to say he needs to get used to his titan power and figure out what he can or cannot do as a titan.

May 12, 2013 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
you know, i am beginning to think they are all titans. not only that, the titans in the wall are those who sacrificed themselves to create a haven for those humans ho cant transform. and those who did were too brainless to be normal.

the gorilla titan seems to indicate he might have been as a result of a scientific experiment that went wrong. a planet of the apes type of scenario.
May 12, 2013 2:41 PM
Mar 2012
jaggered-grimjow said:
Shaduge said:

Why would he need a power up? He's already strong enough to take on Reiner. Unless you mean to say he needs to get used to his titan power and figure out what he can or cannot do as a titan.

Just thought he needs an ability just like the other 3 because right now he's not that different from the common brainless titans, Ymir too so it might the reason they were both taken
May 12, 2013 4:47 PM

May 2013
I'm hoping Eren is wise enough not to go ape shit on then from the start next chapter, and let's then try to explain thenselves... really curious as to what their reasons are, and if all of then have the same goals (refering to Annie's dad telling her to consider the whole world her enemy).

Also Hannes just got death flag turned on, hoping he can make it out ok, but i doubt it...
May 12, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2009
Shaduge said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
Shaduge said:

Just thought he needs an ability just like the other 3 because right now he's not that different from the common brainless titans, Ymir too so it might the reason they were both taken

Hmm. That's a reasonable assumption.I believe he should be able to do the harden technique seeing as how Annie could BUT we will see next chapter or so. Hopefully.

Personathor said:
I'm hoping Eren is wise enough not to go ape shit on then from the start next chapter, and let's then try to explain thenselves... really curious as to what their reasons are, and if all of then have the same goals (refering to Annie's dad telling her to consider the whole world her enemy).

Also Hannes just got death flag turned on, hoping he can make it out ok, but i doubt it...

Yeah, I'm hoping that there is some actual plot development. All the fighting is nice but there needs to be some explanations.

Poor Hannes, he's probably not going to survive.

May 12, 2013 6:37 PM

Sep 2012
kisami said:
you know, i am beginning to think they are all titans. not only that, the titans in the wall are those who sacrificed themselves to create a haven for those humans ho cant transform. and those who did were too brainless to be normal.

the gorilla titan seems to indicate he might have been as a result of a scientific experiment that went wrong. a planet of the apes type of scenario.

lol imagine if this series comes to an end with the pilots cut from wall colossals - first gen scouts, now all elderly.

I also think the ape titan was from a failed experiment on animals - too many humans died/went berserk from the injections and they tried animal testing instead.
May 12, 2013 11:11 PM

Dec 2011
I'm surprised no one in the scouting region is suspecting Mikasa of being a Titan as well, since #2 through #5 from their training squad all turned out to be Titans and she's so close to Eren.
May 13, 2013 2:59 AM

Jun 2009
tsukigari said:
I'm surprised no one in the scouting region is suspecting Mikasa of being a Titan as well, since #2 through #5 from their training squad all turned out to be Titans and she's so close to Eren.

lol yeah they don't suspect but the rest of us do :D
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 13, 2013 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
RinM said:
tsukigari said:

I don't want Mikasa to turn into Titan :( why ? - cause then her 3D gear skills would be entirely useless! D:
May 13, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
You know whats funny? We have come this far and yet there are STILL no background history to Armin. Nowhere was his past shown, his parents, nor how they even met Eren and Mikasa.

Right now, that makes him suspicious. Im starting to thhink he has smething to do wi Christa
May 13, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
GodlyKyon said:
You know whats funny? We have come this far and yet there are STILL no background history to Armin. Nowhere was his past shown, his parents, nor how they even met Eren and Mikasa.

Right now, that makes him suspicious. Im starting to thhink he has smething to do wi Christa

O.O He's a Titan to
That bastard XD

No really...didn't he have a grandfather or something like that, that went to regain the outside of the wall...I think something like that was mentioned in the anime...

Lylaaz said:
RinM said:
tsukigari said:

I don't want Mikasa to turn into Titan :( why ? - cause then her 3D gear skills would be entirely useless! D:

That is true she is much better off as a bad ass human
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 13, 2013 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
RinM said:
GodlyKyon said:

O.O He's a Titan to
That bastard XD

No really...didn't he have a grandfather or something like that, that went to regain the outside of the wall...I think something like that was mentioned in the anime...

Lylaaz said:
RinM said:
tsukigari said:

That is true she is much better off as a bad ass human
No information on the grandpa is a problem, and how he got that book, which was obviously not "information for public disclosure"

His parents are also both gone, while Mikasa and Eren's were shown, Armin's relatives were never acknowledged
May 13, 2013 6:34 PM
Dec 2012
I'm curious as to what info would bert and reiner would reveal. And there's still the fact that there's titans in the wall. There's a lot of things we don't know and the next chapter can't come sooner.
...especially after I did a 3 day marathon of reading the manga after I got hooked to the anime and managed to catch up to the recent chapter.
Anything can change! - Chrom

People die if they are killed. That's the way it should be. - Shirou Emiya
May 13, 2013 11:10 PM

Dec 2011
GodlyKyon said:

In episode 5 of the anime, during the flashback with Eren and Armin talking about the outside world and oceans, didn't Armin mention that his parents are planning to go to the outside world? It would imply that his parents were still with him at least a year before the Titans attacked their home.

Also in ep 6, in another of Armin's flashback, it's suggested that he got to know Eren and Mikasa when they first rescued him from the bullies.

I can't remember if the manga had the exact same scenes.
May 13, 2013 11:33 PM

Sep 2012
Eren's father mentioned that Eren's bad attitude was the reason why he only had one friend in the latest anime episode. I forgot if that is reflected in the manga or not.

I assumed his one friend was Armin. By that reasoning Armin came before Mikasa.
May 14, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2012
Vesperlynd said:
Eren's father mentioned that Eren's bad attitude was the reason why he only had one friend in the latest anime episode. I forgot if that is reflected in the manga or not.

I assumed his one friend was Armin. By that reasoning Armin came before Mikasa.

Yeah, surely it was Armin. Eren had no other childhood friend beside him.
Damn, I hope the reason behind all the shit will be a good one..
Keep moving forward
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.