Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2013 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Great chapter, looks like Hannes deathflags have been triggered, still it was nice to see him. Looking forward to the next chapter, I'm hoping some things regarding the titan factions and motives are explained, Ymir was already awake and seems pretty calm so I'm hoping Eren doesn't go ballistic and will listen to Bert and Ernie.
May 9, 2013 6:36 AM
Dec 2012
Wow, can't wait for it to be translated. Hope there be a good reason for Reiner and gangs action, maybe Eren and Ymir will join force with them for a while, would love it if it goes that way :3
May 9, 2013 7:38 AM
Jan 2012
Can't wait to see Collossal titan falling in the anime. Anyway, I secretly hoped for a bit more action, but considering that last 3 chapters are packed full of that, I will have to be satisfied with this :P

I wonder if we'll get to see a big battle in the Forest of the Giant Trees. That would be interesting.
May 9, 2013 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome chapter as always but I gotta say, I am not really 100% sure that reiner and bertolt are bad. If I recall correctly they said they will not attack humanity again if eren goes with them, plus if they wanted to destroy humanity they could have done it a while ago. I guess we need to wait and see what happens.

As I said before awesome chapter :D
May 9, 2013 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
Not reading the op, gonna see if MH99 has it.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 9, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
Woah, nice chapter there. Finally, maybe we will get more information the next chapter. Seems like Mikasa got really sad, and Hannes comforted both Armin and Mikasa and cheered them on!

Eran is captured and awake, and the scouting legion goes on a mission. Well, I hope the next month comes by quickly
May 9, 2013 4:16 PM
Dec 2012
Statik said:
Awesome chapter as always but I gotta say, I am not really 100% sure that reiner and bertolt are bad. If I recall correctly they said they will not attack humanity again if eren goes with them, plus if they wanted to destroy humanity they could have done it a while ago. I guess we need to wait and see what happens.

And that would answer most ppl bitching about why he didn't just transformed in the town and destroy it himself :)
May 9, 2013 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
Raigrex said:
Statik said:

And that would answer most ppl bitching about why he didn't just transformed in the town and destroy it himself :)

I dunno whether Bertholdt would be that effective. I mean, from what we can see, Colossal type titan is extremely slow. Though if he entered the police force and transformed in the king's castle, he would've caused massive shitstorm, lol.
May 9, 2013 5:50 PM

Sep 2012
My guess is that Reiner and Bertholdt aren´t bad actually. They must have a hidden motive to what they are doing. Maybe they are actually trying to protect humans in some sort of way that we still don´t understand. Awesome chapter though, as always.
May 9, 2013 7:21 PM

Mar 2013
I'm just waiting for the church to show up and reveal their connection to the titans and how everything from the beginning was a needlessly elaborate plot to save humanity while keeping humanity in the dark about it.
May 9, 2013 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
I want to know what kind of people the King is... The inner cities look sort of advanced, like in the 1800s as opposed to medieval times.
May 9, 2013 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
i could not resist since the raw is available already (google senmanga)

finally Eren (and accidentally even Ymir) was captured i hope Reiner and Bertholdt can reach their base (since it looks like the scouting legion along with Mikasa is gonna do a rescue operation of Eren and Ymir) and see some more information about the titans side of the story
May 10, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
Don't think ymir was an accident^

Great chapter, I like how they finally made it out of there. Hopefully we'll get some interesting answers in the next few chapters.

Especially hoping for more Historia/Reiner, Historia/Ymir interaction.
May 10, 2013 3:56 AM

Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Raigrex said:
Statik said:

I dunno whether Bertholdt would be that effective. I mean, from what we can see, Colossal type titan is extremely slow. Though if he entered the police force and transformed in the king's castle, he would've caused massive shitstorm, lol.

I have to agree with that. Imo I think reiner is the most powerful titan he is fast tough and strong. And yeah bertholt transforming in kings castle would probably mean the end for humanity.
May 10, 2013 8:26 AM

Dec 2011
"I just want to be by his side.."
Mikasa lemme hug you ;-;
HirieoshiMay 11, 2013 5:16 AM
May 10, 2013 8:49 AM

Jun 2009
nam nam nam that was some angry eating :D

I thought something was different with Mikasa... She didn't have her scarf XD

I must say I hate it when things like this happen but at least we'll have some answers....
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 10, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2011
Well, looks like the Soldier that Berthold eat was generic after all.
May 10, 2013 2:05 PM

Feb 2012
Something is wrong with Mikasa, probably her brain, I think she might turn into a titan.
May 10, 2013 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
Look out above!
Pretty good chapter and I feel for Mikasa ;.;

Now seems like they're all in the forest having a picnic alone...dat tension coming.

Zhou said:
Something is wrong with Mikasa, probably her brain, I think she might turn into a titan.

If that's true, I wonder what kind of titan she might turn into. Or, maybe it's just that she's going through a lot right now.
Stark700May 10, 2013 2:09 PM
May 10, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2009
Stark700 said:

Zhou said:

If that's true, I wonder what kind of titan she might turn into. Or, maybe it's just that she's going through a lot right now.

if Mikasa can become a titan then that confirms that she was injected by her mom with something shown on chapter 5 page 37

scanlation is out on batoto

Hannes just raises a death flag in this chapter
May 10, 2013 2:29 PM

Jun 2010
Eren has been kidnapped and Mikasa cries.

I want to see more Rivaille in action :(

Looks like next chapter will be awesome since Reiner and Bertholdt will start talking.

R.I.P Hannes.
May 10, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2010
Manga can anything look awesome. :)

Reminds me of that one potato chip scene. :P
May 10, 2013 2:38 PM

Nov 2012
Up to this chapter and the discussion so far... there are many possibilities for the story to continue.

There is the possibility of Reiner and Bertholdt and of course, Annie, having a plan that involves Eren. So far, all three only attacked humans when they themselves are attacked, so there is still the possibility of them saving the human race. But then again, they started the whole invasion of titans. I could list more details to them, but there are too many to state. Also, Ymir doesn't seem that they could be with them, but who knows.

There is the possibility of the church's truth and Historia/Christa uncovering the real information of titans. And even Eren's dad, who said all will be answered in the basement. Recalling the events of Eren's dad, injecting his son with an unknown substance, it could be that the injection is not really a titan's power since we know there are others with that power too, unless all who had that power have met Eren's dad at some time before the start of the series.

Since Eren's case, we know there is a possibility to people not dying when they're eaten by the titans. So, just maybe there is the possibility of Eren's mother being alive still.

All in all, this chapter and the previous ones just created a whole flood of questions and many ways to how the story could go along. I personally enjoyed the manga, and am looking forward to the plot!
I wish that chapters are released faster!
May 10, 2013 2:39 PM

Nov 2011
j0x said:
Stark700 said:

Zhou said:

if Mikasa can become a titan then that confirms that she was injected by her mom with something shown on chapter 5 page 37

Think this might be something related:

I can't imagine what kind of Titan she might be if it turns out to be true though.
May 10, 2013 2:59 PM

Dec 2010
Stark700 said:
j0x said:
Stark700 said:

Zhou said:

Think this might be something related:

I can't imagine what kind of Titan she might be if it turns out to be true though.

Totally forgot about that scene. It could be the case she's a titan or maybe even something else entirely. The latter is highly improbable although it would be interesting.

Regarding the chapter, it was nice. It concluded the fight and began preparations for the next.

I'm really curious and hoping that in the next chapter Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie explain their motives to Eren. We can't say for certain whether they are bad or good but its highly likely they aren't necessarily bad.

@0ToasTee0: Nah Eren's mother is dead for sure. IIRC, she was bitten in half. So far the only real way that we know of for someone to live is if the titans hold them within their mouths. It may also be possible for someone to live if they were swallowed whole or at least alive when they're in the titans stomach.
RezurrektMay 10, 2013 3:05 PM

May 10, 2013 3:51 PM
Apr 2013
WHERE IS SASHA I WANT MY SASHA ARGH
Mikasa going Titan is possible. She is such a great warrior that she doesnt get injured or threatened really so she would never have become a titan. But now that she was injured and she is having head pains it would expain it as we have seen you need to have injuries to become a Titan. It is a highly possible theory
May 10, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
I WANTED TO HEAR THAT CONVERSATION! WHY'D THE CHAPTER HAVE TO END?!??!

FUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2013 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
So there is "something" going on with Mikasa, but we don't know what

Next chapter for big information leak, with Eran captured and awoken, as well as Historia's identity revealed.

pralan said:
Well, looks like the Soldier that Berthold eat was generic after all.

He basically swallowed the 3D gear

While the dialogue done by Isayama Hajime is nothing like Nisio Isin, his overall plot and attention to detail makes it amazing
May 10, 2013 4:35 PM
Jun 2012
Next chapter, the truth comes out. Can't wait. If Mikasa really was a titian, she has to get hurt, but how? She is too pro.

Maybe all those titians that showed up in the wall were actually humans who turned into titians without knowing, like that titian that looked like Connie's mom. They could have killed their family member and the people they knew if that were true.
May 10, 2013 4:52 PM

Dec 2011
Waited the whole chapter for some Eren w Reiner and Bertholt quality chat time, and it ended right fricking there.

Oh well, one more month.
Live forever, or die trying
May 10, 2013 5:09 PM

Feb 2010
I love how casual the conversation betweens the titans at the end was after all the tension build up earlier trying to pursue them.
May 10, 2013 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
Eren and Ymir are gonna join Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie after learning the truth. The army finds them and now sees Eren as what they always feared to be, a 'threat' to humanity.

Anyway im 95% positive Eren and Ymir are going to leave with the guys to wherever it there taking them.

^Well Reiner casually told Eren he was the armoured Titan. Like it's no big deal.
IciBurnMay 10, 2013 5:47 PM
May 10, 2013 5:43 PM

Mar 2013
Awesome chapter!
I probably have some guesses about what Reiner and Bertholdt are plotting, but hopefully they don't turn against humanity and would at least explain their situation to Eren and Ymir before they reach whatever destination they're going to.
May 10, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
the waiting game starts again T_T next month come please

I just hope Eren understand what Reiner and Berthold intentions are.. but i think it will be very difficult since their actions (starting a titan invation) costs Eren's mom life..

Also Eren's mom is really dead, if she's still alive Eren's Dad should not have gone berserk and depressed as we seen in the manga. If Erens dad gave Erens mom a dose of that Titan making drug, he should not have been worried to death
May 10, 2013 6:18 PM

Feb 2009
You don't believe they are your enemy before you hear it from that?! How freaking stupid can you be?! Did he forgot how many people got eaten because of these two! Jeez, friendship doesn't cover that kind of betrayal!
May 10, 2013 6:20 PM
Oct 2012
Kidnapped...now explanations are needed.
Love those angry faces:

And I agree with everyone; death flag raised for Hannes.

It does really suck waiting 1 month for the next chapter.
XLNCMay 10, 2013 6:25 PM
May 10, 2013 6:45 PM

Apr 2013
great chapter, can't wait for the explanations in the following chapters!
May 10, 2013 6:47 PM

Apr 2013
tsukigari said:
Waited the whole chapter for some Eren w Reiner and Bertholt quality chat time, and it ended right fricking there.

Oh well, one more month.
those damn cliffhangers.. this is the only thing I can't cope with in monthly mangas, damn you Isayama!
May 10, 2013 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
was I missing something? Why was hannes suppose to die? Or is it that its foreshadowing that?
May 10, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
OfficialGuts said:
tsukigari said:

Oh well, one more month.
those damn cliffhangers.. this is the only thing I can't cope with in monthly mangas, damn you Isayama!

Pretty much, UGHH... I really hate waiting one freaking month for a cliffhanger. On the other hand, it keeps me on my toes
May 10, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:
You don't believe they are your enemy before you hear it from that?! How freaking stupid can you be?! Did he forgot how many people got eaten because of these two! Jeez, friendship doesn't cover that kind of betrayal!

I liked the fact that he wanted to talk to them and knows that he can. Look at what happened when Eren followed your thoughts. If only he let Reiner finished explaining. I recall Reiner shedding some tears when his 'friend' Mikasa attacked him while talking. Wrong move, made things more complicated. Reiner wanted a more peaceful approach. Atleast punish him after he explained things, or if he suddenly start actually attacking.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 10, 2013 7:02 PM
Jun 2012
Excellent chapter; expecting some questions to be answered soon.

Plus dat emotional eating scene.
May 10, 2013 7:10 PM

Feb 2013
So awesome, its building up really well to the next chapter. I don’t mind it slowing down for a few chapters just to get some answers out from it.
May 10, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
Something I noticed, the female type kyojin is pronounced as "annie" by hiragana but the others are not...
May 10, 2013 8:33 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, they succeeded in kidnapping the others with Titan powers.
Although, I feel like Ymir and Eren won't put that much of a resistance since they might stay to know what information Bertholdt and Ryner holds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2013 8:34 PM
Sep 2012
Hoping in the next chapter we get some amazing revelations, or at least some new info on titans and titan/humans.
love how levi was talking to the kings police or whatever they are and he asked them if he wanted to join him and go outside the walls, their reaction was once again reaffirming how the best stay inside and become spineless.
xtremexxMay 12, 2013 6:40 AM
May 10, 2013 8:36 PM
Mar 2012
ernst said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

I liked the fact that he wanted to talk to them and knows that he can. Look at what happened when Eren followed your thoughts. If only he let Reiner finished explaining. I recall Reiner shedding some tears when his 'friend' Mikasa attacked him while talking. Wrong move, made things more complicated. Reiner wanted a more peaceful approach. Atleast punish him after he explained things, or if he suddenly start actually attacking.

Well Eren was forced to fight, I mean he was in Reiner's hand. Also Eren was actually winning the fight.
May 10, 2013 9:59 PM

May 2010
I'm starting to think that maybe those two didn't kidnapped Eren and Ymir butinstead trying to join for some reason
May 10, 2013 11:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That intense eating. Loving the panels near the end of the chapter of the scouting legion on top of the wall, ready to leave and pursue Eren and co. But why??!?! Why did the chapter end there? D: But hey, at least things look like they've calmed down for a bit. They're all kind of just chilling on the trees. Hope they'll have a nice talk. Eren had been more willing to listen before the fight, but not sure about how angry he might now after getting beat up.
May 10, 2013 11:41 PM

Dec 2011
The manga will now proceed to troll Hannes, death flag too stronk
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.