Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 2, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God those maid outfits. HHHHGGGGG

I never knew Yukino was fond of cats though. The girls looks great in their formal wear as well. Fancy episode imo. I didn't think the series would take this route now.

New ED. I didn't see this coming. Beautiful song though :3

KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:41 AM
May 2, 2013 10:00 AM
Dec 2012
The second half was deep for this kind of show. Hope the series keeps going this way.
May 2, 2013 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
IT BEGINS! Hachiman's path of self destruction starts now.
I bet the calls of this being a harem will start to change from now on.
May 2, 2013 2:34 PM

Nov 2007
New character, who is late like him. And she has a brother who is with his sister! It's about the new character becoming "bad". Trying to find out and lol @ using others and failed, and found out that she's in bar... oh, it's about her cramming school fee for university.

ED is in that weird girl's solo ver! "Hello Alone -Yui Ballade-"
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 2, 2013 6:42 PM

May 2011
黒レース that's the first thing hachiman remembers saki by hahaha!

Surprising now that his sister told him that he made friends with the owner of the dog he saved.
May 2, 2013 9:14 PM

Apr 2013
Really great episode. i love where this anime is going, i had a feeling Yui was the owner fo the dog he saved. last bit of it got really sad tho.. cant wait to see more. wonder how long this series is going to be
May 2, 2013 9:34 PM

Mar 2013
"Yukipedia" hehe.

Oh Hachiman. Now what I want to know by next episode is whether he knew about Yui's feelings for him, or at least had an inkling, but went along and destroyed the friendship between them anyway because he's afraid of "nice" girls. It sounds cruel but it seems like something he would do because of his loner nature and his tendency to protect himself from getting hurt.
May 2, 2013 9:43 PM

Aug 2010
eminagnam said:
The second half was deep for this kind of show. Hope the series keeps going this way.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that at all. Amazing episode.
May 2, 2013 10:06 PM

Nov 2012
I always hate nice girls.

May 2, 2013 10:08 PM

Jun 2009
It's sad that i can relate to what he said at the end of the episode
May 2, 2013 10:13 PM

Aug 2009
Man, the end of the episode really got to me wasn't expecting that. I wonder if it's going to continue going down this route. The rest of the episode was meh, I'm not too fond of the new girl, I think shes going to end up like the otaku guy in terms of importance. What he said is really true though, nice people are nice to everyone, not just you, you shouldn't feel special if they pay you any attention :( real talk bro.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 2, 2013 10:13 PM

Sep 2010
mood whiplash is OVER NINE THOUSAAANNNDDD (yes i just used the oldest meme ever, deal with it)

but glad it happened, the show was getting really stale lately.
May 2, 2013 10:17 PM

Sep 2012
OMG really?! the title of next ep is so depressing!! they can't just end like that!! poor Yui ><
May 2, 2013 10:31 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good writing, especially in the latter half. Good to see that now the characters are a bit more established, they can go more in that direction. I feel that in that sense, the last few episodes were not as strong as the first, so it's good to see that the story is finally picking up and the writing is becoming more reminiscent of ep 1.

One thing really bothered me though. Is it just me or is yukino kinda... off model?

It's not like ep 18 of Psycho Pass, but something doesn't look right to me...

Anyways, I hope they bring back the fujoshi soon. I'm sure there's much fun to be had with throwing that one into the mix of Hachiman and Totsuka.
May 2, 2013 10:32 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh, it was nice to see the new character... and the clothing change of Yui and Yukino.

Didn't expect that Yui is the owner of the dog that Hikigaya rescued.
Although, I didn't expect that Hikigaya would reject her at this stage.

Can't wait to see how it affected her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2013 10:32 PM

Jun 2012
Damn this episode showed how stained Hikky's insides really are. It's hard for me to believe Hikky was treated THAT bad it made his heart that pitch black. Something else must've happened besides getting rejected or the accident. Yukinon's treatment of him isn't helping Hikky's personality get any better either. The special ED sung by Nao Toyama(Yui) just added to the atmosphere the episode ended on.

Really hope Hikky can find hope in people/friends again
HybridMBLMay 9, 2013 7:40 PM
May 2, 2013 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
Can't wait to see more of the Yukipedia.
It looks like Yukino is finally going to open up to Yui a bit more next week.
I love how she tried to keep her cool when Hikki spotted her exchange with the cat. I thought that was pretty cute.

That bar scene where the characters speak to each other using idioms and weird metaphors while consuming liquor.
Yui: Hikki what are they saying
Eh Why doesn't she say that then?

I loled
egnaro15May 2, 2013 11:11 PM
May 2, 2013 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
The last two minutes were wonderful.
It was sad.
May 2, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2012
those last minutes,,
i felt like i just saw myself,

ugghh, almost cried xD
. . . .
trap
May 2, 2013 11:09 PM
May 2010
This is so good yet so underrated...

5/5
May 2, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2011
I seriously got kind of creeped out at the end of how similar my thoughts are to Hikigaya's thoughts.

While it may not be to the extreme to make me a loner, I can definitely say I've been in the same position as he had with the whole nice girl thing. You end up just taking it the wrong way and in the end get hurt, but since you have no experience in the 'field' one may think it would be like love at first sight, only to realize she may be just as nice to you as everyone else. Next thing you know, you're cautious about everything after 'learning your lesson.'

Also, I'll gladly volunteer to marry Shizuka!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 2, 2013 11:22 PM

Apr 2012
"If you're nice to me, you're nice to others"
"A highly-trained loner is once bitten, twice shy"
"That's why I'll.... always hate nice girls"

These quotes really had an impact to me. They are so deep. He's genocide road finally is going to start now.
The 1st half was meh to me, the end scene really did it for me. This series is going to get more interesting
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
May 2, 2013 11:28 PM

Jul 2012
Nicely done episode, and it's the best one so far.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Nov 2011
couldnt help but laugh about the hikigerma
Hate Keeps me warm
May 2, 2013 11:51 PM
May 2011
hikky you dare rejected yui ???????????

it's clear now that you become gay and prefer saika huh
May 2, 2013 11:51 PM

Jan 2013
I lol'd at the teacher being single and etc
The last few minutes was very "different" than usual
May 2, 2013 11:53 PM

Feb 2012
AshtonClaude said:
hikky you dare rejected yui ???????????

it's clear now that you become gay and prefer saika huh
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. He hates nice "girls", but what about nice guys? It's clear Saika wants his dick.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2013 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
That dialogue at the end, shit man.
May 3, 2013 12:05 AM
Feb 2013
Ending Monologue was deep. Can't wait for more.
May 3, 2013 12:09 AM
Aug 2011
Those lines at the end.
I felt a weird wave of feelings towards me and now i'm left in a slight state of depression.
This series has grown on me that's for sure.

On a lighter note...Saika in a maid outfit.
Yes, YES.
May 3, 2013 12:29 AM
Apr 2012
Honestly did not see the last part coming. It's starting to get better!
May 3, 2013 12:44 AM

Jun 2012
poor yui... Damn you hachiman...
Btw nice ending song
May 3, 2013 12:45 AM

Mar 2012
End monologue carries a realist depressive tone. Well, but I doubt Hikigaya doesn't crave friendship deep down. He's just another guy who doesn't want to get hurt. Then again, you don't make friends by shelling yourself in. I hope we see more development from him later on.
May 3, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2012
Yukino`s cute side xD
May 3, 2013 1:09 AM

Oct 2012
It irks me how Hikii is always the butt of Yukinon's jokes since I like his character, it's a bit sad how depressing he actually is. The ending of the episode was really good.
May 3, 2013 1:35 AM

May 2010
That was amazing..It is becoming my favorite now.

Saki kinda reminds me of Liliana from campione.
May 3, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
Where I can I see the light novel for this with the translation?
May 3, 2013 1:49 AM

Apr 2011
You can't. Bakatsuki has first and last chapter of volume one and that's it.
May 3, 2013 1:49 AM

Apr 2013
Omoshiroi,omoshiroi.
"Once bitten,twice shy",huh?
Yeah,I see from where he's coming.And I understand his pain.After all when you're sick of getting hurt you lock yourself in your own world and have no expectation from none.Besides that,someone with a pride of a loner finding out that a girl is around him out of pity will hurt him even more(I'm well aware it's not the only reason Yui is around him but Hikki doesnt know she fell for him).I get it why he hates nice girls,too.
Well,now it means there is only one girl that can unlock his locker and that's Yukino.
So,you think from here on he'll going to have painful experiences that will change him?
Well,if the author build his personality of a loner,an introvert that means he will avoid talking or acknowledge Yui's existence around him.
FluffyFleshMay 3, 2013 1:53 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 3, 2013 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
The ending speech that Hikki gives was the selling point for this episode, imo. It had such profound thoughts and philosophical contents that really made me start thinking about myself and similar situations. This anime is really becoming one of the better series out there and I hope that they continue this path; a path where the episodes have both lighthearted humor and insight and dark lines.
May 3, 2013 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
For same sensitive issue, Saki walks away victorious while Hachiman got a straight blow
May 3, 2013 2:07 AM
Mar 2013
i had hope hachiman will be with yukinon, god why...
btw do some1 know anime where main character meets girl who are main character too and they are a couple? without any other girls who trying to fall in love with main character..
May 3, 2013 2:30 AM

Sep 2012
selfDestructor said:
btw do some1 know anime where main character meets girl who are main character too and they are a couple? without any other girls who trying to fall in love with main character..

At this point no one can predict who will end up with who.
However my guess is that it will be yukino but the anime series probably won't have a conclusive ending.
May 3, 2013 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
selfDestructor said:

This anime is like that.

*Stares at enviKwu's signature*
*Dirty thoughts activated*
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 3, 2013 2:32 AM

Jan 2011
Loved this episode. Yui and Yukino looked so pretty in the maid outfits and formal dresses. Homachi is such a nice sister. The last few minutes of the episode were so damn powerful. Hachiman's thoughts are very logical especially the one about hating nice girls. Man, I can really relate to that. Poor Yui though, she genuinely likes Hachiman. This is probably my favourite episode so far. Next few episodes are going to be really dramatic too, can't wait! :)
Also Yui's VA singing the ED was so cute.
May 3, 2013 2:42 AM

Feb 2012
I had a feeling Yui was the dog owner. I just don't want her and Hachiman to distance themselves from each other. I like them together. It's obvious that she's hanging out with him because she truly and sincerely wants to, not because she's repaying him for saving her dog's life.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 3, 2013 3:05 AM
Mar 2013
btw if i watched fifth episode which chapter of manga should i read now?
May 3, 2013 3:08 AM

Aug 2008
Look at that, this show might turn out pretty well. It's really unexpected from a series like that.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 3, 2013 3:23 AM

Oct 2010
The ending song was totally an eargasm.
May 3, 2013 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
That's been bugging me for a while, when will he finally tell Yui to go fork herself. And now that he knew the basic premise why she even started to be "interested" in him, it's all a lot easier to dismiss her.

I hope one thing that it will go as it should and they wont get it all fixed in episode or two. And well Yukino finally showed some emotions that are hidden behind her wasp mask.

Anyway Hachiman... gg you are doing exactly the same mistakes as I've did.
AsciusMay 3, 2013 3:44 AM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.