Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
May 5, 2019 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Lots of ups and downs. Liked the aesthetic, the tendency to exaggerate everything and the unusual twists of certain fights. Loved the second opening and the ending themes. They don't quite negate the downs though, like the animation quality, the need to overexplain everything mid fight (which is rather common in other shounen shows, but this doesn't really excuse it) and the many characters that barely got any attention or development outside Jojo himself.

I'll probably check the next arc, since so many people insist that it gets better afterwards, but for now I'm somewhat disappointed in Jojo.
May 20, 2019 1:57 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
How did Joseph survive that fall?

Too bad this is the last I’m gonna see of Young joseph and his voice :(((((
Jul 5, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing kars using the mask and the stone of asia had me really on the edge of my seat and see how everyone had terror in there eyes. The ultimate life form kars who can use organic or inorganic material at will using whatever survival skills to survive. He is invincible to lava heat but not freezing sub zero temperatures in space. The pillar men esidisi, wamu, kars were very fantastic villains. Jojo is a very good anime series and i enjoyed every minute of it.
Jul 7, 2019 7:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale to Part 2 of the Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Series & Season 1!

A Questionable finale with many factors; such as how did Jojo survive the gravitational fall, why couldn’t Cars survive in space but managed to scrape through in the lava, how did Jojo and Strotheim survive so close to the lava even going as far as to looking down below directly at it and etc. But it was still as frantic as you’d expect from this series and for that I wont pick on the mishaps and let that overshadow. Getting to know the true backstory behind Stone Mask and all was a really nice treat too, I’ve always been curious ever since it was revealed that the Pillar Men were the one behind it it’s true origin. Jojo and Suzie Q moments this episode was hilarious, Suzie Q was clearly over the moon the whole time lmao, and his re-introduction just brilliant xD. Got to love that reaction seeing his name on the gravestone though, lol. Interesting addition showing each of the characters’ lives ahead, I tend to really appreciate things like this! Erina Grandma and Speedwagon’s legacies are over but it sounds like the others are doing fairly well, especially Smoker lol. I’d loved to see Jojo’s reaction to Lisa Lisa’s revelations but too bad for me I suppose. I’m a little surprised they think it’s safe for her now that it’s been 18 or so years but well good to see nevertheless. And finally we get to know that Jojo has a daughter now who’s married to a Japanese so harbours a little hate against them but he can’t resist their music xD. Sweet finale to sign things off with really! I’m really curious as to how Strotheim died because he simply just wouldn’t earlier lol!

8/10! 7/10 to Part 1 and 8/10 to Part 2, so an overall 7.5/10. Looking forward to checking out Part 3 now and showing that new Jojo in the end certainly makes me all the more restless to give it a go!
_MushiRock11_Jul 7, 2019 9:00 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 9, 2019 6:41 AM

Jul 2016
I like how Kars just turned into Dio halfway through this episode.

Jonathon still the best joestar
Aug 11, 2019 1:17 PM

May 2016
Came into this with pretty meager expectations since I'd watched the first few episodes awhile back and found them to just be ultra meh. That and the slightly obsessive fanbase had always put me off this franchise, however... Damn past episode 6/7 or so did I end up getting hooked hard! Especially once Part 2 started. What a great binge-watch this ended up being.

Something about going from Jonathan to Joseph as protagonist was so great and entertaining. I think it was to do with how Jonathan is perfect (naturally, he's meant to embody the ideals that started it all--be the origin of the "JoJo" soul--and had to be the extreme counterpart to the very extreme Dio), and perfect is so much more boring compared to, well, anything else. And with the second part opening so boldly, showing off Joseph in all his entertaining impulsiveness, ahhh. Don't get me wrong--I liked Jonathan--but he definitely didn't have half the memorable and lovable personality Joseph does. I definitely think this transition is largely why I got so super hooked once Part 2 started, and I can definitely understand now why Part 1 is as short as it is.

And I've got to mention it - that OP for the 2nd part, "Bloody Stream" - Holy shit!! I've always heard a lot about JoJo OPs/EDs and I think I understand now. That OP went straight to my all-time favourites. It's so fucking groovy and catchy, and the lyrics are so great. And that bromance, man.
Oh and Lisa Lisa might just be one of the hottest anime characters I've ever seen too, godamn. :^
More mature anime women ftw.

Lastly, one funny thing for me--I somehow ended up watching all of this with the gg subs, and I didn't realise that until right at the end. xp I always thought it was super cool/odd how this show used so many localized foreign terms and old-timey, period-fitting English phrases... Despite the characters' voices themselves always talking in normal Japanese...
...Yeah I didn't take a second to really think about that haha, and assumed I'd downloaded the standard accurate subs back when I did, like I usually do. I also figured that all the pausing I kept having to do (to make sure I actually understood the wacky words and sentences on screen) was normal for the series... That it was "just one of those"--calling itself "bizarre" and all.
I do think it made it all the more entertaining and bizarre though. Especially for the first part. Oh and after looking at other translations for the opening, I do MUCH prefer their lyrics (click above).

Not quite sure if Jotaro (or any JoJo) will ever top Joseph for me, with all his dashing charm, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
ZaugrAug 11, 2019 1:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 10:23 AM

Mar 2019
Joseph Joestar is such a god damn good character and this finale was so well-made I almost cried.
Good Job David Production. 9/10 13rd of May 2020-8/10
Alex_TheForestMay 12, 2020 2:52 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 17, 2019 1:32 PM

Feb 2017
I saw a video on youtube about this new scientific material that is a very effective heat shield. It used open pockets and bubble formation as well just like the armour Cars made. This show is completely factual.
Oct 17, 2019 7:15 AM
Feb 2017
I have completed the show recently, obviously it was BIZARRE! it's hard to imagine we started from near 1850s & ended in 1987. But wtf was that LISA lisa got married again when she was 58? This was obviously bizarre & I didn't see any motherly affection from her😡. Is the manga same?
Oct 22, 2019 3:19 AM

May 2019
Now that I think about it, I'm really greateful to the creators for making JoJo part 1 & 2 into one thing. If there were 26 episodes of only Jonathan's story, I guess I wouldn't have checked out the next season
Nov 17, 2019 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
Anyone else completely burst into tears when they said Speedwagon died? I'm honestly shattered. At least DIO is back ;________;

Nov 23, 2019 6:44 PM

Jun 2017
I'm glad Joseph wasn't dead in the end. I liked part 2 of the show more than part 1, but overall it was a great show but not my favorite. But to each their own. I might give the next part a try in the future.
Dec 5, 2019 9:12 PM

Mar 2016
So the pillar men were actually a different humanoid creature huh. But even though they are far superior to humans, they live in peace instead, but all that changes once Kars slaughtered them all except 3 others.

So then... 1 Last fight, 1 Last struggle, 1 last Ayayyayaayaaaaa!!! And a shot of Hamon laser to blast Kars off to space, see you never!
Kars got what he truly deserves, an eternal and hellish limbo where he can't die and can't help himself. Drifting off endlessly forever to the point where his mind goes blank. A mere ultimate lifeform is no match for the vast expanse that the celestial world! Esidisidied protecting his allies. Wamuu died an honourable death as a warrior. Kars will live on forever as a coward.

Now, what follows after is basically the events that the Joestars and their close acquaintance deserved...
  • Jojo is alive all along! Even more, he's married to Suzi Q!!!
  • Elizabeth telling the truth that she's Jojo's mother.
  • Erina dying surrounded by the people she loves
  • Speedwagon foundation is a corporate giant (F respect my man dying single)
  • Stoheim dying as a proud soldier for his country
  • Smokey became the first, black mayor!
  • And last but not the least, Joseph Joestar, the first Joestar in a long time, managed to live a long life, unlike the previous 3 Joestars!

Finishing this hell of an adventure, Jojo declaring his vow to not forgive the Japanese cuz his daughter married to a Japanese on the other side of the world. As he boards his plane on a flight to Japan in 1989 at the age of 69 Nice...

JJBA Part 2: Battle Tendency... Fin

These first 2 part of JJBA is already such an amazing hell of an adventure already! The first part was a nice intro to the Joestar family and how all the things that revolve after started. While the second part is where the adventure truly starts. Moving from UK, USA, Italia, Switzerland, Mexico while training to defeat the legendary pillar men. It's such a fun ride to witness. Joseph's character is a complete contrast to Jonathan's made it clear that this is a new Joestar with a different life, adventure and fate. From the first ep to the last ep (26) it has been everything but boring. Now with that ending scene showing Dio's coffin being lifted off the ocean floor, a new age is turned as a new story began once again... Let's see the bizarre adventure of the Jojo(s)!

Dec 17, 2019 11:22 PM

Nov 2013
First time watching Jojo.... but that was actually pretty good!
Joseph Joestar is definitely my favourite.
For the longest time before the reveal, I thought Lisa Lisa and Joseph were going to get together but then it turns out being his mom LOL....

RIP my boy Speedwagon,
And also The return of DIO!

On to the next one !
Dec 27, 2019 12:47 AM

Aug 2015
I really liked the twist and the episode in general. But "Smokey Brown"? Really? That's a bit lazy and racist if you ask me lol
Dec 30, 2019 5:04 PM

Aug 2017
What an epic finale to part 2!

It has truly been an entertaining journey.

When Kars came out of the lava alive, I thought Joseph was screwed.

But of course our hero pulled yet again another ace up his sleeve.

REDSTONE....BITCH!
Is this Minecraft?
MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I'm glad Joseph made it out alive and well. The Joestar family doesn't have to suffer another loss.

Now I see all the hype for JOJO. It is very bizarre indeed and has a lot of twists and turns.
At times, it felt very unpredictable. I didn't even know what to expect next.

Very enjoyable to watch.

Final verdict

8/10.

Off to PART 3 BITCHES!!

Jan 31, 2020 3:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was SO great, awesome anime 9/10 part 2 was the best
Feb 3, 2020 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
Kinda hate how everyone ages and dies, but thats probably cause I don't like the idea of aging, If I could id become a vampire fk dying. ALso The ending was sad only because they explained how things panned out for everyones lives which hits hard irl .. fkk Anyways ended hilariously, obviously it will continue...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 16, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2016
Poor Erina no wonder she died soon watching your husband, son, grandson getting killed is not funny. at least he survived and next Gen looks super cool. 7/10
Apr 18, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, not sure about that ending, the way they took down cars felt stupid and unrealistic, and Jojo survived as expected, though i always like it when after telling a story, they detail how all the characters lived their lives and died in the end. Anyways, part 2 was definitely much better than part 1, partially redeemed things for me, the first 3 episodes of part 1 were excellent, had the suspense, dread and rivalry between Jojo and Dio, but when they now focused on action from ep 4 onward, it just fell on its face, the 2nd part did a much better job of mixing the story and action. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 17, 2020 6:50 AM
Jan 2020
No matter how shitty this anime was, still they managed to make this good ending. Still it's not worth it. In the end all i wanted to say i have respect for Dio and Kars. Because no matter how evil or bad person in general, their plan or strategy at least make sense. i still don't know why people like jojo so much.. i think it's just overrate anime.. It is just one of those cringey anime series. let me check 2nd season maybe that one is good or just shit
May 17, 2020 6:54 AM
Jan 2020
Zee530 said:
Yeah, not sure about that ending, the way they took down cars felt stupid and unrealistic, and Jojo survived as expected, though i always like it when after telling a story, they detail how all the characters lived their lives and died in the end. Anyways, part 2 was definitely much better than part 1, partially redeemed things for me, the first 3 episodes of part 1 were excellent, had the suspense, dread and rivalry between Jojo and Dio, but when they now focused on action from ep 4 onward, it just fell on its face, the 2nd part did a much better job of mixing the story and action. 6.

so 2nd season is good.. season one is shit.. like you said first three episode excellent.. i do agree with you.. after that it's like unrealistic and became things all about self pity for jojo.. don't wanted to watch next part since this one is garbage since you are saying it good then i'll give a try
Jun 6, 2020 6:44 AM

Mar 2020
so we just gonna keep getting new Jojos for every part? tf

I just hope they calm the fuck down with the dialogue in the next part, characters screaming while explaining every single obvious move they do during the fights was a fuckin nightmare.

Not to mention that annoying ass narrator chiming in every 2 seconds to explain even more obvious shit.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 15, 2020 8:52 PM

Apr 2013
Only complaint is that we didn’t get a scene where Lisa Lisa tells Jojo she’s his mom and we get to see his reaction, 8/10.
Jul 15, 2020 9:29 PM

May 2020
Not so complex story and fight this episode was fine. No comment 6/10 the whole show.
Jul 15, 2020 11:22 PM

Mar 2020
it was a solid 9/10, but I won't watch the other seasons just was that interested in Jojo in the first place. Wanted to see what's the fuss was about
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Sep 14, 2020 4:02 AM

Feb 2019
What a legacy. The entire Joestar family is worth knowing. I don't regret watching this anime at all.

9/10
(The first half with Jonathan was a bit slow in some areas, and I hate when characters get old)

I will definitely watch season 2 :)
Unusual_KmcSep 14, 2020 4:06 AM
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Nov 27, 2020 11:27 AM

Aug 2018
Thank god Joseph survived!
Now that everyone from Jonathan's lifetime is gone... things are going to be way different...

Dec 21, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2020
this is series was nothing short of amazing, very underrated imo, idk why ppl skip these parts its great, overall really enjoyable, 9 or 10/10
Dec 21, 2020 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
Great ending, Kars defeat was really cool, although so over-the-top.

Speedwagon and Erina died, so sad. At least Joseph lived a long life and married the beautiful Suzi Q.

Next season will be interesting. New MC looks cool and my boy Dio is back.
Jan 6, 2021 11:41 PM
Jan 2017
Loved ever second of this final episode.
Feb 27, 2021 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
That was amazing! Jo Jo was soo different from the anime I usually watch & I enjoyed it all! oh no Dio is back!
Apr 2, 2021 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
ILL NEVER FORGIVE THE DAMNED JAPANESE!
Fantastic, part 2 was amazing in almost every facet. This was my 100th mal completion, which was planned because part 1 was technically my first anime 2 years ago. I dropped it when part 1 ended because it was too weird for me, but coming back to it was the right decision. I got everything I expected out of it and more, with comedy great action and heartfelt moments I was not expecting.
May 15, 2021 12:23 AM
Dec 2020
Damn i really underestimate Jojo's for a while, even when i was on 5-6 episode, i still mocks Jojo's for being Indian Soap Opera in anime. But guess what now, i love it lol. It's funny as hell, but i do enjoy a lot of it. Might start read the manga anytime soon, i heard that Steel Ball Run is hella masterpiece.
Jul 24, 2021 7:27 AM

Apr 2018
Phantom Blood: 6.5/10
Battle Tendency: 8.5/10
Phenomenal OST (pillar theme 10/10), interesting and MANLY characters, a good amount of action, poses.

Cars managed to stay alive in the lava with his bubble technique but in the end, he got defeated by Jojo. Everything went according his plan. Trickery Jojo at the top! Everyone thought that he died. But, that wasn't the case. Jojo survived because of Suzi Q. Ends up marrying her too. Funny to see all their reactions.

Jojo finally knows who his mother is. Great news.

A lot of characters ends up dying due to age, Stroheim died as a proud german, Speedwagon died of old age, Erina too.

After credits scenes were confusing. An old man who hates japanese people and a MANLY person in jail.. looking forward for the next part.

Joseph Joestar's character was incredible. The balance between seriousness and being a trickery and funny guy was amazing. His VA (Sugita) aka Gintoki's VA made his jokes and dialogues even better. 9.5/10

Overall: 8/10.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 26, 2021 9:09 AM
Feb 2021
I don't know why I put off watching this for so long. It was thoroughly enjoyable. Ironically, Phantom Blood's strength was in its antagonist, whereas Battle Tendency's strength was in its protagonist and side characters. None of the antagonists in Part 2 even came close to being as interesting and cool as Dio (aside from Wham, to a certain extent), but Caesar alone is better than his grandfather, Jonathan, and Speedwagon combined. And Joseph was even better than Caesar. I'd rate Part 1 as a 6/10, and Part 2 8/10.

It took me nearly a decade to watch this, but I'm hooked now, so I'll probably get started on Part 3 soon.
Aug 15, 2021 10:12 AM
Mar 2021
Part 1 (phantom blood):

plot- 5/10
music- 10/10
characters- 3/10
art style 10/10
enjoyment 4/10

so overall is a 5/10

part2 (battle tendency):

plot- 8/10
music- 10/10
characters- 8/10
art style- 10/10
enjoyment- 7/10

so overall is a 7/10

Sep 4, 2021 2:49 AM
Jun 2020
Rip Erina, Rip Speedwagon, and congrats to Smokey.
Phantom Blood = 6/10
Battle Tendency = 9/10
Sep 12, 2021 8:59 AM

Apr 2020
At the very day before school starts AGAIN, I took the remaining moments of freedom to finally complete JoJo, and I must say it ended in a nice note.

I had to thank Muse Asia for bringing the JoJo anime in YouTube, and I am going to congratulate myself for actually sticking for 26 days to watch JoJo daily. It all ended in a very nice note, and though it may have A LOT of flaws, the first season gets a 7/10 from me. I am interested in watching or reading Stardust Crusaders, but my studies are now piling up on me again like a motherfucker, so I'll put those plans on-hold for now.

So for the last time, just before the clock strikes to midnight, I have finally completed JoJo and my vacation. The Cinderella moment ends-
Sep 28, 2021 11:40 AM

Jun 2019
What a great ride. Loved it and enjoyed it from start to finish. Every character in this show was awesome. RIP to all the old awesome characters. Erina, Speedwagon, Stroheim, etc.

"I'll never forgive the Japanese" and thus a meme was born. LMAO. Jotaro appeared. Let's gooo.
Nov 7, 2021 8:21 AM

Jan 2021
I’m glad Joseph didn’t die and I liked how they gave us more information about everybody else and what they ended up doing after everything that’s happened the Sony Walkman part was also cool

Nov 29, 2021 12:35 PM
Nov 2020
Joseph Is The Only Joestar Who Will Visit His Own Funeral
Dec 16, 2021 10:10 AM
Mar 2020
Ahh sad that it's over, at first i dropped this series for like 3 time because i didn't like the first arc. Then the second arc battle tendency blew my mind, specially VA and ost .. 8/10 overall
Dec 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Aug 2015
I finished this now, I also watched part 5, can I watch part 6 now or do I need to watch part 3 and 4 before?
Dec 26, 2021 3:45 PM

Mar 2021
Hasta ahora mi jojo favorito
Jan 12, 2022 7:48 PM

Sep 2015
Wow, the fear of my imagination came true, being immortal and living for eternal life, while being forever flowing through space for eternity.

I was happy that Lisa Lisa is fine, and still beautiful.

However, the scenes after the next felt underwhelming, because things are obvious,
showing confidence, fear, success and repeat, with always a character on the side to explain the situations.

And I couldn't really get myself invested in the characters either, but the action and twists were nice.

I would give this a 6/10.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 30, 2022 4:22 PM

May 2021
Wish we had gotten to see JoJo's reaction to his mom being revealed to him. That said, still a fine ending for this season.

Mar 14, 2022 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, this season is just so good! And this whole ending was insanely crazy!
Jojo is the MVP of this whole arc, but i am glad that he married Suzie at the end, glad it finishes his adventure to its fullest.

Seen only the Golden Wind before but this 1/2 season is insanely good!
A 10/10 from me.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 22, 2022 9:53 PM

Jul 2013
My god what an ending for the first season. This show is absolute ridiculous and completely over the top, but I really enjoyed it, especially the second part, because Joseph is just the man.

Sugita Tomokazu did an phenomenal job voicing him. I can't even count the amount of times I laughed my ass off :D

I'm glad he survived and was able to marry Suzie Q, even if it was kinda unfortunate that she forgot to tell everyone JoJo was still alive lol. It was also nice to hear how everyone ended up, so that besides the very ending with the coffin and that man (I know it's Joutarou) in the prison, everything seems solved without any further questions about the characters left.

From what I heard the next part is a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to that!

Aug 11, 2022 5:53 AM
Dec 2021
Man, we definitely didn't get enough Lisa Lisa in this part. Joseph is proof that loud = funny. I hope his marriage with Suzie Q goes well. Next up, Stardust Crusaders. Can't wait to see more of old man Joseph Joestar and his secret technique.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

209 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 24, 9:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Nov 9, 2012

179 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 23, 12:28 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

31 by eli_shmeli »»
Apr 22, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.