Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 23, 2013 1:31 AM

Apr 2009
"Let's aim high again."

So ends the science-fiction-conspiracy-inspired story of the Tanegashima High Robotics Club. Although the concluding episode itself I found a little underwhelming, maybe even anticlimactic, the show as a whole was a good enough ride.

Let that one line I quoted be the guiding words for any future title to come out in 5pb. and Nitroplus' Science Adventure series.
Mar 23, 2013 4:45 AM

Jun 2009

I laughed like a maniac when the ED played...

This show is so ridiculous.

All this production value, the good VA cast, and the hype of being Steins;Gate's successor... And the product it turned out to be is so ridiculous.

Well... At least it had it's moments... Still ridiculous though...

.... Still to deciding whether this should get a 4, 5 or 6....

5... I really wish to give it a 6 though, but... I just can't, it's not right. I like the characters and all, but god damn the villain and the overall flow of the story... They're so ridiculous. Can't even take the final episode seriously.
AirStylesMar 23, 2013 4:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2013 5:59 AM

Aug 2009
So after virtual illusions, time travel, robots, what's next? Monopole technology and Outerspace?
Mar 23, 2013 6:52 AM
Mar 2013
I don't know why there's so much hate, I loved this show.

I could be biased though. Right now, my job is to work with robots, so this was really relatable for me, I would have loved for it to stay just a slice of life about robots. By the time the story split off from that, I was already hooked anyway. And I still loved the later part of the series.

tbh this show inspired me to get a part time job next semester and work on my own humanoid robot, albeit, much, much smaller.
Mar 23, 2013 7:11 AM

Oct 2007
Well, a lot of plot holes but this there is an original material, it's easy to find the answers, not as in original anime!

I was hoping for the death of the big sister, saving Aki and/or Kai's life and explaining everything before dying the Aki's arms! stupidly dramatic but I don't like the big sister!

At least, the harem master chose a girl! It's not often in harem anime!
And no fan-service!

Steins;Gate is better for a lot of reason, the probably most stupid is because it's not again an high school setting like here!
Mar 23, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
amayih said:
At least, the harem master chose a girl! It's not often in harem anime!!
Actually it is more often than many assume. Just in recent times we have anime adapted from VN like Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Fortune Arterial, or Mashiro-iro Symphony where the MC picked a girl at t he end.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 7:25 AM

Oct 2012
Well that was quit pathetic ending. There were no emotions for me.
This show tried to be something it wasn't. All the drama was only its derailing it from its true nature. This should be mecha anime from start and it would be a lot better.
Some episodes were bad as hell while other quite decent. VN story could be mediocre but Production I.G. did even worse job in adapting it.
In the end there are so many flaws, so many plotholes.
Only good thing was Frau and ep11 and 14, nothing else.

So, overall

4/10
Mar 23, 2013 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
amayih said:
At least, the harem master chose a girl! It's not often in harem anime!!
Actually it is more often than many assume. Just in recent times we have anime adapted from VN like Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Fortune Arterial, or Mashiro-iro Symphony where the MC picked a girl at t he end.
I don't think anyone was chosen in fortune arterial. Sure they made it apparent that the main girl won, but I don't think the MC actually outright chose anyone. Or am I missing something here?
Mar 23, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
I don't think anyone was chosen in fortune arterial. Sure they made it apparent that the main girl won, but I don't think the MC actually outright chose anyone. Or am I missing something here?
Well, I consider that as the story ends deep in the main girl's route it means she is chosen. You can say that it is not official as there is no confession and acceptance of it like in this anime, but to me she is as good as chosen. The only reason why the confession has not come up is because the anime does not go into the True Route.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 11:17 AM
May 2012
A-BD96 said:
----------------------------------------
All in all a safe ending I would say. Fight, a bit of tension, a bit of heat, and then everybody is happy and the bad guy is gone. I guess it is fine as it is. So long Gunbarrel!!

Yeah!

Fuck you, Kimijima Kou! YOU ARE TERMINATED!

Thank god for Misaki. it's over.
Mar 23, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2012
One thing still bugs me after finishing the show - So what is the point of having Aki suffering a fast-time condition? We only saw her go into that condition perhaps... two times? All pretty early in the series. Kai's slow-time condition helped him achieve quite a few things in the story and served critical function to move the story forward. But what benefit or purpose does Aki's condition serve? All I can think of is to get Kai to care more about her, but is that it?

Mar 23, 2013 2:06 PM

Nov 2012
Wanted to see more Misaki. At least a full conversation between her and her sister. Also wanted to hear more of Frau's mom. Cool part when Kai deleted Killballad. Feeling kind of disappointed with last episode, but overall fun to watch and that first opening, amazing.

Mar 23, 2013 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
I really like it, I'm not sure what everyone's complaining about
On the other hand I've been shipping Kai and Aki since the beginning, so maybe just seeing them together added a whole other level of satisfaction.
So in the end they probably get married, Kai follows his dream and become's an astronaut, and Aki develops an actual Gunvarel.
Way to slow most of the time, but for some reason I actually liked this more than I thought I would, not sure why.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 23, 2013 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
One thing still bugs me after finishing the show - So what is the point of having Aki suffering a fast-time condition? We only saw her go into that condition perhaps... two times? All pretty early in the series. Kai's slow-time condition helped him achieve quite a few things in the story and served critical function to move the story forward. But what benefit or purpose does Aki's condition serve? All I can think of is to get Kai to care more about her, but is that it?

Probably so it wouldn't seem weird having Kai being the only one come out of the indecent with some weird almost Power-like problem

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 23, 2013 4:14 PM
Mar 2012
Ok, so now they've given us a summary of the plot, when does the real thing start?

According to vndb, the VN is over 50 hours long, no wonder they didn't bother explaining half the stuff that was going on in the anime.

If I want to watch a robot made by microwaves fight a dude with a sword, I can just go to my yard and watch my retarded cousin beat a bunch of Kenwoods with a stick.
Mar 23, 2013 5:02 PM

Dec 2008
liked it :S
Mar 23, 2013 5:10 PM

Nov 2012
Tyrel said:
Below average series maybe a bit average. Didn't have the Impact like Steins;gate, hell Chaos;Head was better..

Hell no Chaos; Head was not better. it wasnt as good as steins;gate but it was very good, 9/10 for me (might be a 8.75/10) I liked the characters the story. it was unique and better ending them alot of series.
Mar 23, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
That was quite an abrupt ending. Pacing felt very rushed. Frau just happened to receive the saviour program at that time? The rocket just happened to shut down with 1 second to spare?

I remember watching the first episode and finding this show completely unappealing. And then Frau was introduced and the narrative with finding more Kimijima Kou reports became really interesting. Loved the mystery with Airi and then the world-threatening disaster.

I didn't feel as though I really connected with any of the characters either. Frau and others were entertaining but they always felt like they were missing something to become really memorable instead of just being an animated character.

Loved both OP's but Zwei's song just inches ahead. Not really a fan of both ED's but dare I say I liked the first one better.

I think after Steins;Gate, I expected a little too much from Robotics;Notes. Nevertheless, it had its fair share of great moments. 7/10.
Mar 23, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2009
Well, that was pretty fucking terrible.
This anime was so bad compared to the C;H VN and S;G anime. Such a disappoint.
Mar 23, 2013 11:45 PM

Feb 2012
I put this on hold around episode 7 due to loss of interest. I was thinking of coming back to it but seeing all the disappointment makes me want to move it to dropped..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 12:13 AM

Jun 2011
This final episode is fucked up big time. It’s wayyyyy more intense and emotional in the VN.

- There’s are no Frau’s stupid comments to ruin the atomsphere.

- When Nae’s squad arrives at the control tower, they find that all the commandos have been suicided. They also find Aki’s father. Yes, Misaki didn’t release her father earlier like the anime.

- Sawada has previously told Kai that they will find a way to eliminate Kimijima. In Daru’s last entry on the Twipo, he said he’ll do anything for the sake of his wife and daughter. Like the DG297, the virus AR missile is also a product of Daru. When Kai is battling the KAMINAGI, Sawada personally comunicates with Kai and transfers the virus to him.

- When Misa-nee regains control due to her pride and charges Kai, he intentionally gets hit by Misaki(how brave!) so he can use his slow-mo to strike her in blank point. But when time flows again, Misaki releases the blade in the last moment and jumps backward. As the KAMINAGI jumps further away, Kai suddenly remembers Doc has said that he can launch the pile bunker, but it’s a one-shot attack and won’t be able to fight after that. Without any hesitation, he urges Aki to use the Noah AGAIN, in great pain he shouts “GUNVARREL ANKH STRIKERRR!” and launches the pile bunker – it directly hits the hatch of KAMINAGI in the midair. As the KAMINAGI falls, Kai comments that as its monitor is built into the hatch, Misaki has to open it if she wants to continue the fight, in turn exposing Kimijima to their virus. And so he does. Kai uses his slow-mo a final time to capture Kimijima’s flashing ghost and fires the AR missile. While still in slowtime, a completely silent world, Kai is sure that he saw Misa-nee smiled and said “Thank you”. The missile hits Kimijima, the virus spreads across the Iruo network and eats him away quickly. Misaki faints, with a piano BGM(that BGM in the anime sucks), the shattering Kimijima appears to give his final warning.

- Aki doesn’t have her stupid, out of place speech to Misa-nee in the VN.

- The look and tone of Kimijima are more sinister in the VN. His face is so twisted that you can’t possibly tell whether he’s smiling or crying most of the time, whereas in the anime, he’s just your average bishounen. They even omitted the fact that he killed Airi’s parent for his own amusement and a way to control Airi in ep 21. A true mad scientist like Norose.

- They dare to make that shit in the final scene without revealing Kai’s dream in the previous episodes. And the fact that he won’t be able to become an astronaut due to his medical condition.

I hate Hanada. Chiyomaru should never let Hanada handling the adaptations ever again. If this adaptation can stay faithfully to its original material, I will give it a 8. But given the limited 22 episodes, I think I can still give it a 7 if nothing gone wrong. Now with Hanada's meddling it's a 6 for me. Sad.
Mar 24, 2013 1:08 AM

Aug 2010
Kansokusha said:

Thanks for the info. It indeed sounds way better in the VN... I wonder why they didn't made it like this, would have way more impact.

Also, I don't like how they didn't tie up loose ends (which appearently WERE tied up in the VN), so, while the story might be a good one, the adaption is pretty poor if you want an anime that can stand on his own. Like this, it needs the VN as a crutch.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 24, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2008
It felt lacking in something. Unlike the previous episodes, the second half of this episode really was too bland.

I like the open ending aspect, but even then, it's bland. Who was that chick on Gunvarrel though? Their child? The older sister? Aki? Hmmm. The Astronaut was likely him though.
Mar 24, 2013 2:43 AM
Mar 2013
all you are making me want to stahp watching... 22 episodes is a fairly long watch and i dont wanna waste that time if its not good :(
Mar 24, 2013 5:54 AM
Aug 2012
3/10

Everything about this show was terrible.
I like Daru got packed around as a plothax device to solve problems, that made me laugh.
Mar 24, 2013 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
They really should have stuck with this being a slice of life about robot building...I was really digging that side of the show but last few episodes felt like they forced half a season of plot into the last hour :/

I still think I liked this more than most people seemed to though, it did at least have a likable cast and the concept was pretty interesting, just with a lack of serious payoff.
Mar 24, 2013 6:34 AM

Feb 2008
Sumeragi's humanoid version was quite awesome. And that AR missile...

A fine ending, although I would have preferred a bit more robot action.
Mar 24, 2013 7:02 AM

Mar 2011
Hmm, not sure how to some up these series, it certainly was up and down most of the way through, from slow and boring to suspenseful.

I don't find it to be a very memorable anime, in fact I kind of forgot what Kou was actually trying to achieve in the end (my memory is bad though).

I enjoyed it overall though.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 24, 2013 7:35 AM
Dec 2008
Loved the characters, loved the setting... but the story... ugh.

Dimentioluc said:
Even Chaos;Head ending was better.
Ending wasn't very good, but I just can't agree with that :P

Overall 7/10, enjoyable yet dissapointing. I hate getting this feeling of wasted potential :(
Mar 24, 2013 7:56 AM

Oct 2012
Epic in overall sure the development was unstable and could have been better but really i hoped the story would have gotten some more after the end.

sad that it was the last episode but i really liked Robotics;Notes from start to end.
Mar 24, 2013 8:43 AM
Jul 2011
God, this series is horrible... what wasted money... I mean you can finish this show with 11-12 episodes... and the only character I find it amusing and refreshing is the weird girl.
Mar 24, 2013 9:46 AM
May 2012
I decided to watch this because of the concepts of robots felt real, more than the other mecha animes. Also, i thought it would be related to S;G. But it doesn't look like it, just like how S;G doesn't look like it's related to C;S.

Overall, great story. Though i i just couldn't get a grip on the story as it moves along, sometimes i get confused but what the heck, the ending was great and satisfying.

8/10.
Mar 24, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2008
5/10 and I'm being nice. What a boring series.
Mar 24, 2013 1:15 PM

Aug 2009
I had a great time watching this show - 8.
Altho I felt at some points that it lost track of the plot and then found it agian later on in w/e episode I was watching.
I dont think I would recommend this show to any S;G fan tho, I mean S;G is just on a completely different level of awesome and epic compared to R;N, sad but true.
Mar 24, 2013 1:36 PM

Mar 2013
AlexTrusk said:
At the very last episode I finally realised, why this anime disappointed me so much...
All previous series had an interesting concept behind them, with some philosophy in it (not incredibly deep, of course, but still):
Chaos;Head had gigalomaniacs, New Gen and theme of reality vs delusions;
Steins;Gate had worldlines, legend of John Titor and theme of value of memories;
Robotics;Notes had... giant robots and theme of "do you love robots?"

This made it much more forgettable, bland and kinda boring to me...

All the science series from
Chaos;Head (Delusional Reality) | Officially: "Delusional Science NVL" (妄想科学NVL Mōsō Kagaku NVL) to
Steins;Gate (Alternate Temporal Reality) | Officially: "hypothetical science ADV" (想定科学ADV Sōtei Kagaku ADV?) and
Robotics;Notes (Augmented Reality) had a form of reality as a central theme as well as references from previous series like Steins;Gate's of Chaos;Head from things like the inworld music/bands to Okabe's own delusional reality or Daru... Oh wait, I'm sorry. I mean DaSH the Super Hacker or should I be saying DaSP the Super Programmer creating the Augmented Reality virus missile. It wouldn't kill people to look these things up either, especially since Robotics;Notes itself was labeled an "Augmented Science Adventure" (拡張科学アドベンチャー Kakuchō Kagaku Adobenchā). If you understand these things, the series becomes much more enjoyable.

Robotics;Notes was about quite a few themes actually; Augmented Reality(AR), Preservation and general Existence of consciousness in Digital/Augmented Reality (much like the creator of Sword Art Online or Kō Kimijima himself), the line between Dreams+Augmented Reality+Actual reality then the will, struggle, and motivation to turn those Dreams+Augmented Reality into actual reality whether it be the Senomiya sisters dreams or Kimijima's, as well as all the other characters in the series who nearly all had obstacles to overcome for their dreams like Kai's illness which prevented him from becoming an astronaut or Subaru's father, and finally obviously robots but not just giant robots but robots like Mizuka Irei's HUG too. All these subjects are very important topics today as Augmented Reality (usually through smartphones) is opening new possibilities as well as the advancement of future robotics technology in all purposes whether good (like helping the disabled walk) or bad (like the giant capability for mass destruction). The anime did a poor job of showing these things compared to the VN so I can understand why you may not find it as memorable.

I personally do admit the anime is a bit disappointing, especially when contrasted with the VN itself but nowhere near terrible as what most are saying like it's the worst AotS. From what I heard, the anime ending was rushed purposely because of out of the horizon time constraints combined with subpar direction (correct me if I'm wrong). I suggest people play the VN if they want real closure plus being more knowledgeable about mecha anime to understand all the references wouldn't hurt either.

I personally did enjoy the anime regardless and I thought the relationship and ending between Aki and Kai (Ever notice their names are anagrams?) was sweet. I also enjoy Kai being a bit more original protagonist than most these days, just your average or gifted disinterested teenage video gamer with an affinity for candy who is neither pathetic, stupid, smart, loud, hungry, genki, nor other stereotypical shounen/mecha archetypes. A part of me would think this series would be much better if it was labeled as some kind of mecha anime parody lol although that spot might be filled by the anime within an anime gunvarrel (lol @ the overly positive hyperactive idiotic Genki-Kun and his female companion being such obvious parodies).

P.S. The VN opening to Robotics;Notes is far superior to the anime

For anyone who wants to see it
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dULjEvBMd8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can definitely see the references to the past series and the fact they coexists in the same universe. Hooray for world lines meter and Daru the Super Hacker!
Mar 24, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
I'm sad because I liked the characters, but the plot was too much unequal so it's a relief that it is over. And of course it ends well, it can't be otherwise.
Mar 24, 2013 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
very disapointing ending , was expecting something with a bit more action and that something... :(

Mar 24, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Good series, 8/10.
Mar 24, 2013 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
but... but... but... Sono me dare no me!!! I only ever heard that once at the end of episode one. I was hoping someone would say it again before this ended, but oh well. Overall I liked this series. It was no Steins;Gate and the ending was a little cheesy, but you gotta love a happy ending.
JazzyScuffsApr 10, 2014 2:58 PM
Mar 24, 2013 8:48 PM

Apr 2008
The series started out rather dull, introduced some interesting elements towards the middle, and then fell flat with a typical ending. Rather disappointed. I hope 5PB's next work to be adapted to anime is better.
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Mar 24, 2013 11:03 PM

Mar 2013
actually the series has potential to became better anime, but still quite disappointing in the end of episode...

well, maybe I will continue play VN version though...
this anime very disappointing me...
Mar 25, 2013 1:26 AM
Sep 2012
Last episode was full of cliches. Meh series overall

4/10
Sorry for bad english
Mar 25, 2013 4:28 AM

Apr 2012
A disappointment is still a disappointment no matter what you do.
A 6/10.
Somehow, I feel like that's still too high.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 25, 2013 4:54 AM

Feb 2008
I can't give this show more rating than 5/10. Only thing i could enjoy with was some fan service, art and music. Big disappointment from this show for me. Scientific show but i notice so many thing so unrealistic like...screw physic laws. Watching last EP for me was like:"plzz end this now...". B'ços i rarely drop some show i started watching and I was still expecting something to happens there....
Mar 25, 2013 8:05 AM

Mar 2013
So so ending. Wanted more Frau.
Mar 25, 2013 10:14 AM

Jun 2011
A mediocre show, but I ended up hating it at the end. 3/10
Mar 25, 2013 11:10 PM
Aug 2011
Wow. Wow. Wow.

I was planning on droping my rating by 1 but no, they had to explain nothing, develop nothing, do nothing.

This series was bad. Some of the characters were useless, there was barely/no development. I could write so much, but I refuse to waste more time on this.

The story,revelations,plot twists and actions,reactions,dialogue by the characters in the final few episodes were so fucking horrendous that I wanted to rip out my eyes and rip off my ears.

2/10 - Fuck you 5pb and Nitroplus, you can do better.
Mar 26, 2013 2:07 AM

Sep 2010
One world to describe this ending ..... MEH......
Final episodes were bad cliche shit....

Final ep - 2.5/5
Series - 6/10
Mar 26, 2013 5:32 AM

Jun 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Nope, FUCK THE DIRECTOR of the anime. 5pb and Nitroplus doesn't have the power to affect the direction of the anime.

The VN itself is well explained, a bit weaker than Chaos;Head or Stein;Gate but people still liked it.

Read Kansokusha's post in a previous page about the major differences for this last episode to see what I mean.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 26, 2013 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
kaimax said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Nope, FUCK THE DIRECTOR of the anime. 5pb and Nitroplus doesn't have the power to affect the direction of the anime.

The VN itself is well explained, a bit weaker than Chaos;Head or Stein;Gate but people still liked it.

Read Kansokusha's post in a previous page about the major differences for this last episode to see what I mean.

Yeah I agree with you. R;N story feel a bit weaker.

I for one enjoyed the paranoia in Chaos;Head & Steins;Gate makes my eyes teared but Robotics;Notes doesn't make much impression for some reason.

The story is good but it doesn't leave much impact compared to C;H & S:G for me. (based from the anime since I don't have the R;N VN version yet lol).

Gah now I want the VN. I guess I have to search it since it's the only one missing & I have completed both C;H & S;G VN. XD
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.