Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 20, 2013 9:57 AM

Apr 2008
ahmed_great2005 said:
Is this on par with manga or not?

no it's not
Mar 20, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode, look forward to the next episoide.
Mar 20, 2013 4:25 PM

May 2012
somehow cant like this episode

still dunya's ultimate form sure is daring
Mar 20, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2012
For those who don't know this, Dunya in arabic means earth, so it's pretty cool how she kinda has earthish powers. Just a cool tidbit.

So yeah the anime is straying farther away from the manga and it's really not cool. Half the shit happening in this episode doesn't actually happen, and it's making things not as cool (and they really killed Alibaba's character). At least Dunya's djinn equip looks good lol.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Mar 21, 2013 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
Dunya's final form reminded me of some valkyrie hentai.... lmao.

Also, the fight between Alibaba and Isaac was hilarious.

Isaac: "You have poor swordsman ship."
/does nothing but thrust sword.

It was even more lols when he started using his magnetic powers.
Mar 21, 2013 8:00 PM

May 2012
I don't follow the manga so I thought it was a great episode.
Mar 22, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2009
Author's weekly comic, lol Aladdin, you perv ^^

Translation: YOU KNOW MY NAME (Source: project-magi.com)
Mar 22, 2013 6:41 AM
Dec 2012
There won't be Magnostadt so

well even if it animated, it would be ruined, so good for me
Mar 22, 2013 3:57 PM

Mar 2009
Man, IDK why but the animation felt kinda weird.
Mar 23, 2013 6:08 PM

Apr 2011
Magi keeps on getting better. I think we shall have a second season next year or maybe in the fall that would be awesome.
Mar 23, 2013 10:46 PM

Apr 2009
Dark_Messiah said:
Dumbass said:

LOL..

Anyways since its gonna be original ending I'm happy that its ending,.I fell like they are throwing random BGM, acting is lame, and the so called war??wth sharkan-masrur-yamu can take those 3 idiots and their army are dungeon creatures?? theres more 5 generals to take them out, no need for sindria's army..so its gonna be a weak original ending of them.. .. hoping for remake!!!..

i hope for remake aswell even tho i love this anime it feels 2 rushed
Mar 23, 2013 10:49 PM

Apr 2009
GuiltyKing said:
LanceC said:
Question, in manga is the hot demon girl and her knight irrelevant as well when they entered the story? Their characters are so shallow and now Alibaba gang are fighting whats-her-name who no one cares about. Even if this is a forced ending the new villains are so dull and appears only to be Isnan's new toys. Since I don't read the manga I can only assume that episode 23 was altered too much from the manga. Or perhaps the new villains are just poorly written characters to begin with?

Someone shed some light please.

I'd love to.

That should give you a rough picture of the situation and to what extent A-1 is playing with the story.

that sounds more epic :(
Mar 24, 2013 4:20 AM

Oct 2010
mikado34 said:
Author's weekly comic, lol Aladdin, you perv ^^

Translation: YOU KNOW MY NAME (Source: project-magi.com)

ummm what exactly is this Author's weekly comic and where can I read them all?
Mar 24, 2013 10:19 AM

Mar 2013
Really digging Dunya's battle lingerie and thought it was funny that they sent in Judal basically just to grief the other team.
I guess that less clothing = more protection? It would explain the pillar men in Jojo's.
Would've been funny if when Dunya turned into a black djinn somebody had said: "Hey, you're not you when you're hungry. Here, have a Snickers."
StickyWizardMar 24, 2013 12:26 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Mar 24, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2009
SimmianPrime said:

After every episode the original creator Ohtaka Shinobu draws the official site posts some funny stuff. Someone posted fantranslations here:
http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/tagged/magi
mikadocsMar 25, 2013 9:15 PM
Mar 24, 2013 3:33 PM
Feb 2013
Monde11 said:
Anepg said:
Kuroyu said:
This was quite painful to watch for me...
I see them trying to wrap things up for the original ending they're intending to have, and I heard quite some cheesy lines that weren't included in the manga. By cheesy I really mean cheesy.
Alibaba doesn't really feel like himself >.>; and I'm really sad they didn't include Judal's epic close-up moments. "This country that you created isn't half bad..."

oh, and they really have a variety of ost for this anime .__. pop music this time around. . .

I think I'll be watching this to the end, (two more eps.) expecting the worst so I won't be even more disapponted :<

two? What are you talking about?
There is only 25 episodes. 2 to go.

Whaaaat??

Then what about the Magnostadt-arc??

Btw, I repeat: most of you guys are a bit too harsh on the anime. Sure, the manga is better, and the anime deviates here and there... but, in comparison with others, it's still a very decent anime, far above average in its genre. It still has more depth and intriguing qualities in it than most others that air. And it certainly makes people interested enough in it, to (wnt to) read the manga (like me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

So, in conclusion, I would rather say that, while not perfect, it's still pretty good, and one of the better anime of this season. I sure hope it's successful enough they continue it. The Magnostatt-arc just rocks.
AnimageNebyMar 24, 2013 3:36 PM
Mar 24, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
Ohh the animation improved a little bit...
Kougyoku is cute as always! :D
Isaac's voice is too deep... o.O
Mar 25, 2013 1:44 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, so it'll end with episode 25. Too bad I guess. I don't enjoy Magi anyway, I think they could've done a better job than they did... What I watched was really boring and lame and the only reason I kept watching it was because I though it would get better once it'd progress. No progress though, I guess.
Mar 25, 2013 4:06 PM

Mar 2013
Ahohime said:
Oh, so it'll end with episode 25. Too bad I guess. I don't enjoy Magi anyway, I think they could've done a better job than they did... What I watched was really boring and lame and the only reason I kept watching it was because I though it would get better once it'd progress. No progress though, I guess.

So you thought it sucked the whole time and still managed to persevere through 24 episodes?
Wow, that's pretty......inspiring really
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Mar 25, 2013 7:40 PM
Dec 2010
mikado34 said:
SimmianPrime said:

After every episode the original creator Ohtaka Shinobu draws some funny stuff. Someone posted fantranslations here:
http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/tagged/magi

The artist isn't Ohtaka. It's another one, don't know her name.
Mar 25, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
^ Ah I see, the style just looked similar to me. My bad.
Mar 31, 2013 8:01 AM
Feb 2013
Pusswookie said:
Ahohime said:

So you thought it sucked the whole time and still managed to persevere through 24 episodes?

Lol. My thoughts exactly.

I find it always funny when people keep coming to a forum and each episode saying "the anime sucks."

Well, then don't watch it!

If one really needs 24 episodes to say it's worthless, then either you're a retard or a troll.
Apr 2, 2013 12:39 AM

Mar 2013
AnimageNeby said:
Pusswookie said:
Ahohime said:

Lol. My thoughts exactly.

I find it always funny when people keep coming to a forum and each episode saying "the anime sucks."

Well, then don't watch it!

If one really needs 24 episodes to say it's worthless, then either you're a retard or a troll.

Or monumentally indecisive.
- Douglas Adams

Apr 5, 2013 5:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Organization has some pretty powerful fighters. It was also cool to see all the Kou Dungeon Capturers.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 6, 2013 9:44 PM

Oct 2012
Justice gonna win for sure XD
I loved to see that short sword..

Well, pretty serious ep this time...
Anyway final ep approaching, I hope the ending great and happy!
"Signature removed"
Apr 10, 2013 7:48 AM

Jan 2011
Decent episode, but this has been going downhill since the beginning tbh.
It's still not very boring, but it could've been much better imo.
Only 2 more episodes to go.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 10, 2013 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
Onward to the finish!

Enjoyed the battles this episode...

hopefully more Sinbad next episode...
Apr 26, 2013 7:47 AM

Jan 2012
so everyone that has read the manga hates it, all the anime watchers seem to be njoying it, i am in the middle.... the last few eps have just seemed so rushed and felt like they were trying to just get to the end kinda thing... will watch to the end!
May 13, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
Sin x Ren lets goooo!!!
May 20, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2012
Great buildup towards the ending, I'm already feeling it will be an epic fight! Lets see what happens next!
May 29, 2013 12:13 PM

Sep 2011
Finally Alibaba realized himself that he's just only really good at Knife skills. But still, he should improve also his Sword skills.

Sep 26, 2013 8:10 AM

May 2013
Why anime directors do anime only endings is really beyond me.
you have a plot ready for you? follow it! dont make some of your own
Oct 19, 2013 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
I don't like all the people that say: Omg, it's so bad because they didn't include xxx
It's not possible to include everything in 25 episodes o.o

Btw, I was like *O* when Alibaba got the new sword :D
But I asked myself during his fight with the evil knight, "Why isn't he just like 'AMON' and flame sword and cut that bastard's sword in half like he did in Balbadd?"
Nov 12, 2013 3:12 AM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:

Damn, nice fights Alibaba :D

+1 I like Alibaba's royal swordsmanship.

Dat SinbadxKougyoku scene!!!! *kyaaaa* <3<3<3<3

Orulyon said:
As a Jukou fan, I was disappointed. Anime viewers wont understand why even manga readers ship it. This scene was supposed to have Judal going to Kougyoku to look directly in to her eyes when he asked "what´s wrong Kougyoku?" and when Kougyoku turns the way its drawn in the manga makes a "triangle". Aka Kougyoku in the middle of Sinbad and Judal, not like it was depicted in the anime without any impact.
Geez, Im so hating this adaptation. *returns to manga*

Aw too bad, I'd like to see that..

Sindria is in deep shit now unless they conquer the dungeon and bring back the djinn to heal Sinbad.

MasterMeNL said:

It's still not very boring, but it could've been much better imo.

+1

randompadley said:
so everyone that has read the manga hates it, all the anime watchers seem to be njoying it, i am in the middle.... the last few eps have just seemed so rushed and felt like they were trying to just get to the end kinda thing... will watch to the end!

Completely agree.

OriginANIME said:
Sin x Ren lets goooo!!!

We called it SinKou :)
ToG25thBaamNov 12, 2013 3:17 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 13, 2013 10:03 PM

Jan 2012
series started off good but now it's full blown kiddie shit with all the transformation and predictable battles....

shame..
Feb 5, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2013
The Dunya girl looks better in that armor then that black djinn.
My Candies:
Feb 22, 2014 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
Is there more to The Organization than a group of people who want to turn the world into chaos and darkness for the sake of some cult? It is way too shallow of a motive for me to get behind...it just comes across like evil vs good with no grey areas.
May 24, 2014 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
I really hate it when characters explain their abilities/powers. Also, I kind of feel like the enemies were pulling magic out of thin air. "Oh by the way this is the ultimate form yada yada..." I haven't read the manga yet but even I can tell this isn't part of the original story. It feels so out of place. Or maybe it's just terrible execution?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 21, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
Great fighs, 5/5 easily
Aug 22, 2014 10:53 PM

May 2013
Nice episode, there were decent fights.

Oct 19, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2009
Not exactly sure how Dark Djinn Equip > Dark Djinn when earlier in the series they said that the next best thing to being able to materialize an actual Djinn is to use the Djinn equip . . . But whatever.
Dec 29, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode and fights, though that Al'thamen invasion seems kinda random.
Kougyoku too cute <3.
Feb 13, 2015 8:46 AM
Aug 2014
If you're going to use your "ultimate form" five minutes into the fight why not just start with it. Alibaba going back to the dagger hardly surprising; the only time this anime did something I couldn't see coming from a mile away was at the end of the first dungeon.

I'm hoping Morgiana will capture this dungeon.
Feb 27, 2015 6:05 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome fight this episode, that dark Djin equip is amazing!
May 4, 2015 10:50 AM

Nov 2012
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

May 18, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
Oh, they sure had to remind us of the shitty Kassim drama again, didn't they? I'm glad it's only 2 episodes left now, the torture will be over soon.
Jun 25, 2015 5:37 PM

Sep 2014
I've slowly been losing interest
Oct 13, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
Man, the "war" between PC and consoles is nothing between the manga master race and anime.

I read the manga, and i like the anime. Sure, a adaption staying true to the manga would be nice, but can't you enjoy anything on it's own? Also, half the stuff that "never happend" in the manga did happen, and the other was just rearranged, e.g. who is bitten, where exactly the flying old man attack etc.

Which is not important for the anime, and not really important in the long run for the manga, either. They didn't change anything more fundamental, like if Aladdin would not use fire magic, so he couldn't kickstart Alibaba's sword, or them rejoining at a totally different point in time after Balbadd, so that e.g. Morgiana would never go to Sindria, which would make it difficult to explain how she got a household vessel from Amon.

I also wonder why so many people just go here to complain. If i don't like something, i don't bother with it. At the very least, i will want to finish it as fast as possible, instead of examning every scene, heck, every pixel, whether there is anything different from the manga.

I think, instead of "do not discuss the manga beyond this point" it should simply be "do not discuss the manga". Not in the episode threads. There is the manga forum and you can always open a thread to specifically discuss the differences, but it does not belong here.

Thinking of it, i need to check the manga adaption of original anime to see if people complain the other way round as well, or if they suddenly start complaining that the anime is "all wrong" too
Dec 10, 2015 5:17 AM

Jul 2008
Sinbad can kick all of their asses.
Mar 4, 2016 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
It was an okay episode, didn't leave an impression. I can understand the manga fans, I read many manga and get disappointed with their Anime adaptations but it happens so often that I'm no longer surprised. I've read a couple chapters of the manga but I'm reading a lot of manga and novels that I need to put some on hold, including this. I'll just watch the Anime for the sake of finishing it but so far, it's not impressing me by any means.
臭い-
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.