Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 3, 2014 12:08 AM

May 2010
Despite the poor animation at some points, good episode nonetheless.

The Chief revealed way too much here even controlling the Dominator.
And oh, that ED song.. Perfect for the ending scene. :3
Mar 7, 2014 3:25 AM

May 2013
I'm glad Akane knows the law and saved Ko. There is something 1960's about the chief, her team of brains and the army of robots, it seems out of place but it works.
Mar 12, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2009
good shooting by akane. ep was just ok.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 1, 2014 7:32 AM

Sep 2013
Good thing Akane saved Kogami from almost getting killed.It looks like Kogami is going rogue in order to take down Makashima and find out the truth about the Sibyl system too.
Jun 2, 2014 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
rewatching

...been waiting for that Dominator-override in this episode. Akane says FU "defective" Dominator. Good stuff.

FYI, they fixed the poorly animated parts for the BD
Jun 3, 2014 1:52 PM

May 2014
Awww yeah, Akane!! I'm loving her so much. Getting really attached to the whole team...really hoping that no one else has to die. RIP Kagari :( Love the relationship between Kougami and Akane.

The animation was a little off in this episode.
Aug 4, 2014 11:06 PM
Aug 6, 2014 7:52 PM

May 2014
omgsh for once Akane did something good.

oh man, that ending scene mixed with the ending song thooo... I love it when they do that. so intense
Sep 2, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
The scientist was offering sex to Kougami, LOL

Awesome episode.
Sep 4, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
Kogami is off on the hunt.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 11, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2012
That was a pretty badass move Akane :O
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Oct 12, 2014 3:01 AM
Feb 2013
r3birth said:
That was a pretty badass move Akane :O

So true.
Nov 15, 2014 4:24 PM

May 2013
Kougami completely analyzed what exactly happened during Makishima's escape.

Meanwhile, Masaoka told Ginoza to be the ball.
What a nice plan it would have been, but the freakin' Chief is everywhere.

Awesome, Akane just used the freakin' rules to save Kougami from trouble. (^_^)
However, Kougami left. He just had to. Because Shion wants the D.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 21, 2014 2:43 AM

Oct 2013
A very nice lesson in this episode - sometimes justice cannot be found within the bounds of the law.

I like Gino, but he kind of pissed me off in this episode. Was he legitimately going to kill Kou? 'Cause it sure seemed like it.

Damn, Kou's letter to Akane was POWERFUL. Especially mixing it with the ending. Almost made me a little teary eyed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 3, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
Akane has really developed. And Kougami did the right thing imo.
No Makishima this episode :( Only 4 eps left. So much hype! ^___^
Jan 5, 2015 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe he nearly shot Kou! Akane to the rescue!

Wow that screencap of him is really ugly animation.

Lol @ that gif!
stephtastropheJan 5, 2015 1:38 PM
Feb 20, 2015 5:26 PM

Dec 2007
Ginoza is foolish. He never questions anything and always believes in the Chief. I'm sure he would've shot Kogami if Akane didn't stop him.
Feb 22, 2015 1:43 AM

Jan 2013
The system is so corrupt. But mygosh, Akane, you go girl!
I still have hopes for Kagari surfacing up again, but chances are pretty slim :'(
Jun 22, 2015 5:28 AM

Aug 2014
I hate the chief, it feels kinda empty when Kagari isn't around. He was definitely the most lively one among the enforcers imo.

And the end of this episode was just sad, I have a bad feeling about how it will all end at this point.
Jul 8, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2014
eeeeeee.... love ko.......... hope he keeps alive....hope he won´t die
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the coolest smarter sexier guy :P-----------------
is in my favs since now love this character yes!
Akane and the others could kill him I don´t know if I wanna see that
no i dont want to akane kill ko
she can´t how somebody could kill him? it´s so loveable.......you can only love him hahaha <3<3<3
aslso say thi is a fountain of knowledge beethoven-lovecraft-josep conrad-iwakame yasume-william gibson-phillip k dick george orwel-(where is aldous huxley?)jonathan swift-max webber-descartes-foucault-jeremy bentham.....wooooow
yeah makishima nad ko are similar but thy have differnts solutions...
Sunakko-ch4nJul 8, 2015 3:16 PM
Jul 17, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
you go Akane! Kogami lives another day ;)
Aug 7, 2015 5:56 PM

Aug 2015
That chief! It's almost hard to believe that she would manipulate the dominator in front of everyone like that. They may not know how she did it, but between her touching Ginoza's hand and her words, it was clear what she wanted and the dominator reacted accordingly. Everyone already suspected she was shady, but now she practically shows everyone she's shady to their face.

That's awesome that Kougami is going out on his own, but I really hope that he doesn't end up dead in the end. I don't believe Akane will be the one who kills him, but I'm still scared he's going to die one way or the other.... ★4/5
Aug 14, 2015 12:22 PM

May 2015
I teared up when Akane started crying. The feels are real.

Though I'm confused. They said Makishima told Kogami that he found out the secret of the Sibyl system. I don't remember seeing that. Did it happen offscreen or something?
SuranaAug 14, 2015 12:38 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Aug 16, 2015 3:27 PM

Dec 2013
Dialogue heavy episode, just the way I like it. Could've been wrapped up in 12 minutes, but I guess they were stretching it to end with the letter.

I didn't even notice the bad animation, tbh.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 1, 2015 7:19 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
so we are entering into the final act.
I am expecting a lot of you, anime u.u

Jan 10, 2016 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
Hmmm, I don't know how I felt about this one. They know the Chief is crooked and won't do shit about it. The stand-off with Gino and Kogami was intense, but there wasn't much follow-up past Kogami leaving the MWPSB. Kind of a strange vibe to this one.
Jan 15, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2015
Some parts of this episode were spot on, but the overall mood seemed blah.

The ending was nice, though!
May 22, 2016 1:34 AM

Aug 2010
Akane saved both Gino and Kogami. Gino and the others should've started to be suspicious of the chief because when the chief held Gino's hands the denominator started acting out of normal.

So in the end Kogami and Akane split ways...dammit why is that letter like a sign that the two will meet again in the future but will probably be on opposite sides and that one would have to kill another (Akane killing Kogami)? That ending song along with this letter pulled my heartstrings u___u

Honestly kind of having mixed feelings about killing Makishima. He will probably cause more havoc (and deaths) if he's still alive, but on the other hand, losing a character who is thinking outside of the Sybil system seems quite a lost for the growth of the society as well. :/
Aug 20, 2016 11:01 AM

Dec 2013
Marow said:
The fact that no-one even cared about the Chief just makes me annoyed. That's poor writing.

This comment perfectly describes my opinion about all this nobody-cares-about-Chief-Dominator-magical-switching-mode shit.
Aug 30, 2016 12:06 PM
Jun 2010
Oh... My... God seriously? Akane tomboy bitch shoots Kougami with paralyzer RIGHT infront of chief and she does NOTHING to the bitch? #plotholes I'd have her raped 10 times over and then used decomposer lmao
Nov 18, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2015
Kagami chose the best path in my opinion.
Dec 27, 2016 9:14 PM

Mar 2014
Roku_ said:
I was expecting Kogami to meet Kagari inside the safe house.

That would have been an epic plot twist.

Maybe he's hiding under the bed? We'll find out next episode

Aw man if only...! I want Kagari back so badly! Seeing his stuff on his desk tore me apart just like how coming to terms with accepting his death is tearing me apart. Honestly this anime is hurting me more than Fate Zero did T_T
Feb 5, 2017 11:12 AM

May 2016
She tried to kill Ko chan damn she is a bitch I despise her, nicd trick to pass through the scanners, the message was quite heartbreaking for Akane, glad to see some old guns lol.
Apr 19, 2017 12:40 PM

May 2010
Akane is order itself. With this, she has saved Shinya twice. Loved how she was like "that gun needs maintainence"
Their parting tho, sad. I felt when Akane cried and said "idiot..."
Jun 22, 2017 11:56 PM

May 2013
Damn, that old bitch still alive >:( No justice for my Kagari yet ;~;

Kou is still so damn sexy, holy shit. I'm not okay with Akane having him >.> but when Shion asked if she should've slept with Kou once, that's not such a bad idea actually lolololol XD her looks and insight skills are worthy enough for Kou. Unlike Akane =__='
Jul 24, 2017 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
Akane was awesome in this episode, I am glad she intervened and saved Kougami. I'm kind of confused tbh, Makishima nerf'd the chief so why is she alive and kicking in this episode? I mean she was a robot but still she surely wouldn't be able to be around after all that damage. Or did I miss something here...
Sep 4, 2017 9:52 PM
Jan 2012
Akane is such a badass, one of my favorite characters. I also really like Kogami and the chemistry between them is precious.

As for Ginoza, he gets a lot of flak, but there isn't much he can do in his position. By default, Inspectors do less then Enforcers (the only reason Akane is seen a lot is because she is the main character). He obviously wants to do the best/his best, but his options are limited and he also has to deal with his inner demons. I think all things considered, he was really brave in this episode.
Sep 4, 2017 9:53 PM
Jan 2012
Danae said:
Akane was awesome in this episode, I am glad she intervened and saved Kougami. I'm kind of confused tbh, Makishima nerf'd the chief so why is she alive and kicking in this episode? I mean she was a robot but still she surely wouldn't be able to be around after all that damage. Or did I miss something here...
My theory is that they have spare bodies for Kasei, so if one gets destroyed, they can upload a different brain in a spare body and still have her act as chief.
Dec 10, 2017 4:05 AM

Oct 2015
Finally Ginoza actually being a little brave for once. But I still think he'd have shot Ko if Akane hadn't intervened. So kudos for Akane!

Also wtf Kasei blatantly showed them s/he has the power to override Dominators. s/he really is quite careless for someone who has the control of 200 something brains.
Feb 10, 2018 8:43 AM
Mar 2017
I hope he teams up with the Albino to defeat the brains and this anime becomes post-apocalyptic, okno ... I guess that will not happen :v
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Apr 14, 2018 10:45 AM
Apr 2018
GateLambda said:
I'm still surprised that nobody asked the most glaring thing on this episode: HOW THE HECK IS THE CHIEF STILL ALIVE?
If you've been following along, the chief said the android is shared by the brains. They take turns, it's not the same person as before. This is a recreated android with a different brain that was taking out of the pool of brains.
Sep 5, 2018 4:36 PM
Dec 2014
tingy said:
Oh nice connection! If Akane really does end up having to kill Shinya, I think it would be sad, but I would hate Akane if she didn't kill him. It's not because I want Shinya to die, but it's as he said, when the time comes, she must judge him based on the system she believes in. She still believes in the Sibyl system, therefore, she must go through with it to the end. Well, unless she really has a change of mind.

I know that I am 5.5 years late and the story most likely have moved forward way beyond but I will still comment it as someone who is just watching this series for the first time.

I think it is worth pointing out that Akane doesn't unquestionably believe in Sibyl at this point. For one, she believes that Makishima should be trialed, old school, which suggest that she realise that exceptions should be made when Sibyl gets it obviously "wrong". Also, in the first episode, she knocked out Kogami instead of letting him execute the stressed out victim, clearly recognising that it would be messed up to execute her just because the Dominator decides so. For that, she had to explain herself. So unless her character change to come a firmer believer of the Sybil system (which, based on recent development seems quite unlikely), she isn't the polar opposite of Kogami and probably would be very conflicted as to whether to pass judgement on Kogami.. and I suspect wouldn't pass lethal judgement unless something more than his crime coefficient changes (even if she has to pay with her own crime coefficient). From where I am standing, she is neither on the vigilante's side, nor on Sybil's side. She doesn't ignore her gut feeling as much as Ginoza (who, we know isn't a complete robot either, but more so compared to Akane). I wonder if the entire Division 1 will end up joining Kogami towards the end of the arc. You can't beat the system while being puppet of the system and recently Ginoza seem pretty stressed out and may be in danger of losing his Inspector, if not for losing a second Enforcer (and the associated drama) then his worsening hues.. which can't be getting any better after this episode (the guy needs a vacation).

Well, I quoted a post I found on the first page kind of to put my own thoughts down so that I can revisit later. Given the age of the series and the posted I quoted, do not feel obligated to reply xD
AxBattlerSep 5, 2018 4:47 PM
Oct 2, 2018 8:04 AM

Jan 2017
Ah. The chief's face is so annoying. bitch can respawn i h8 it
Sorry for my English.
Dec 28, 2018 8:54 AM

May 2016
I guess that it was wishful thinking from me to hope that there ain't a copying machine to make spare Sibyl Chiefs because I was caught off guard when she suddenly popped up again. She surely didn't hesitate in bringing out the big guns towards Shinya and revealing her robotic nature even though he's trying to take down the person who killed her once already. Akane dealt with that situation like a boss!

To solve the Makishima Case, Shinya became a rogue cop and walked out undetected with the helmet used as evidence. Akane didn't take it well but at least he showed that he was grateful to her.

Mar 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Nov 2016
Nice call Akane.

And Kogami as lone wolf fit's him so well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2019 9:13 AM
Feb 2017
This is interesting!
May 25, 2019 11:25 AM

Mar 2018
On many levels not quite up to the usual standard. The animation was sometimes crap (okay they apologized for that) and the chief showed her true colours too early IMO. Now Gino and co. know what is going on and Kougami is an outlaw, I guess.
Jun 2, 2019 2:10 AM

Aug 2017
Not good as the last two episdoes.

At least Akane saved Kogami from almost getting killed.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 7, 2019 6:29 AM

Dec 2014
hoping secretly tht kagari is alive and helps makishima
Jul 10, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2018
How ironic of Gino to call the Enforcer as a dog yet he himself was a dog to the chief.

Lol with Shion and Kogami smoking altogether, I can imagine them having a healthy baby.

In the end Kogami's goal is revenge.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.