Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that bird is like everywhere, even at the beach.

Funny how he encountered a cat. Inb4 he gets eaten. Oh boy. So ye, this is beach episode. Fun in the sun. The girls looks cute in their swimsuits I guess. I kinda lol'd @ Tamako in the waters.

Good ending though imo. I kinda expected the fireworks to wrap it up. Not bad :3
Feb 6, 2013 8:03 AM

Jul 2010
Watching Tamako in the water was pretty amusing.
Feb 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
Rinkan school. That guy and one of her friends had argument for her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 6, 2013 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
And so it begins. Mochizou and Midori finally start fighting over Tamako ;D. I hope we see more of that in future eps, and I hope Midori wins!

Of course, can't forget about Dera!

Lol'd pretty hard.

Tamako approves.
Feb 6, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
Oojiii! <3 I hope he'll be able to confess before the series ends! :)

And that girl uniform. So flashy! It was blue and turned pink in summer. The boys' one doesn't looks really different from their usual one.
Feb 6, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2012
This was good. I only think the Episodes are way too short. 24 min.~ are not enough ;_;7

Loving it.
Feb 6, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
Kanna is the best girl, no doubt about it.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 6, 2013 2:36 PM
Dec 2012
Mochi loves Tamako , Midori loves tamako so Midori loves Mochi and Mochi loves Midori. XD
Feb 6, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2011
Kurini said:
Oojiii! <3 I hope he'll be able to confess before the series ends! :)

If it weren't for the romance in
, I wouldn't have hopes so either! <3
Feb 6, 2013 2:41 PM
Oct 2010
I didn't quite like Midori's attitude. It's understandable that she's not OK with the prospective of Mochizou and Tamako dating, but who made her Tamako's spokeswoman? She didn't even know how she felt about him...

Only after she confirms with Tamako that she sees him as a friend that she gives him the OK to confess. >_> I've always hated underhanded girls...

Well, whatever, this is not a romance and it's done by Kyoani to boot. They won't get anywhere anyway.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 6, 2013 3:11 PM

Jun 2011
I already knew this but this episode really pushed home the message that Mochizou really is such beta bitch and a brat as well. He reminds me a bit of Recon from sword art online though of course Recon is a lot worse. Also what is with telling his mum to shut up all the time when she nicely and somewhat playfully asks if he has done his homework maybe if she was bitchy or persistent about i would get it, but she is not and he is just staring at a shop across the street all day waiting to get a glimpse at a girl he will never have unless he turns into a giant mochi.

I don't even see what is so great about Tamako anyway she is some lesser looking version of Chitanda and her personality consists of well mochi and being about as dense as a harem protagonist. I would of gone for Kanna she is at least weirdly quirky and seems fun to be around. Maybe Anko as well since she is actually more mature than Tamako but well yeah no she is like in elementary school, lol says alot about a person when he elementary school sister is more mature than her.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 6, 2013 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
Can this get any more unoriginally dull and cliche?
Feb 6, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
I think someone should make a GIF of that bird being dribbled like a basketball.
Feb 6, 2013 3:16 PM

Jan 2011
Yvese said:
And so it begins. Mochizou and Midori finally start fighting over Tamako ;D. I hope we see more of that in future eps, and I hope Midori wins!

Of course, can't forget about Dera!

Lol'd pretty hard.

Tamako approves.

highlights of the episode for me haha
man Midori wants Tamako all to herself!
Feb 6, 2013 3:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:
I don't know. Why don't you watch the rest of it to find out and let us know?
Feb 6, 2013 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
Mochizou is the best name ever.
Feb 6, 2013 3:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Slicer22 said:
Also what is with telling his mum to shut up all the time when she nicely and somewhat playfully asks if he has done his homework maybe if she was bitchy or persistent about i would get it, but she is not and he is just staring at a shop across the street all day waiting to get a glimpse at a girl he will never have unless he turns into a giant mochi.
(shrug)A lot of teens are irritable around and with their parents, particularly when they have certain subjects on their mind, enough so that it's a fairly common joke among parents. It's not an excuse, to be sure, just pointing out it's not unusual.
Feb 6, 2013 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
What a bitch totally cock blocking my man Mochizou. But an episode with Mochizou is a good one.
Feb 6, 2013 3:43 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Yvese said:
I'm not yet convinced Midori feels *that* sort of affection for Tamako. Right now it looks to be more of the very close friendship sort bordering on possessiveness. At any rate it seems to me she is much harder to read than Mochizou.
Feb 6, 2013 3:49 PM
Apr 2012
As unlikely as it sounds, Mochizou x Midori seems like a valid crackship, though not at the same level as Mochizou x Tamako and Midori x Tamako.
Feb 6, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2008
This episode makes me miss summer so bad. I liked seeing the change into their summer wardrobes.
Feb 6, 2013 3:50 PM
Feb 2012
ihateeveryone said:

I like it when people waste their life watching shit they dislike.
Feb 6, 2013 3:50 PM

Feb 2011
Well...with such a indecisive and shy male character and dull female, you don't really need a third one further delaying their relationship. Just went from slightly irritating to annoying.
Midori really was a bitch in the beginning, these underhanded methods (lying to Mochi, then asking Tamako about her feelings and then trying to fake being friendly, after she already knows that Tamako hasn't realized anything) can't be approved. If she would be fair, she would just confess as well and then let Tamako decide. She's practically sabotaging her possible relationship...if you have friends like this you don't need enemies. I realize she's just doing it because she likes Tamako, but it's not right. At the end she upgraded from bitch-mode to dislikeable-mode for me, because she startet being friendly to Mochi too.
The rest of the episode was funny, especially Dera imitating a girl :D
Also lol @ japanese:
- seeing a girl in a swimsuit indecent...
- disliking being tanned at all, but I guess it's also really dumb of some EU/USA to tan themselves until they look like roasted chicken xD
Feb 6, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2012
Best episode so far hands down.

Enjoyed the conversations between Dera and Mochizou a lot.
Feb 6, 2013 3:54 PM

Oct 2012
feretto said:
Well...with such a indecisive and shy male character and dull female, you don't really need a third one further delaying their relationship. Just went from slightly irritating to annoying.
Midori really was a bitch in the beginning, these underhanded methods (lying to Mochi, then asking Tamako about her feelings and then trying to fake being friendly, after she already knows that Tamako hasn't realized anything) can't be approved. If she would be fair, she would just confess as well and then let Tamako decide. She's practically sabotaging her possible relationship...if you have friends like this you don't need enemies. I realize she's just doing it because she likes Tamako, but it's not right. At the end she upgraded from bitch-mode to dislikeable-mode for me, because she startet being friendly to Mochi too.
The rest of the episode was funny, especially Dera imitating a girl :D
Also lol @ japanese:
- seeing a girl in a swimsuit indecent...]/B]
- disliking being tanned at all, but I guess it's also really dumb of some EU/USA to tan themselves until they look like roasted chicken xD

That swimsuit part was especially dumb, didn't they realise there would be males at the pool.
Feb 6, 2013 3:56 PM

Jul 2012
No progress at all. Nothing is happening. If it tryes to go just on cute characters and no plot at all it will be such a shame.
Feb 6, 2013 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
That voice when she was half whispering/half yelling was just too adorable.

Man, I'm loving the atmosphere of this anime. It's so relaxing and laid back. Puts me in such a great mood. Dera is awesome too, this anime wouldn't be the same without him.

Misiakk said:
No progress at all. Nothing is happening. If it tryes to go just on cute characters and no plot at all it will be such a shame.

"Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life"

Dude, what do you expect?
KoshiiFeb 6, 2013 4:15 PM
Feb 6, 2013 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
@zeldas12
I ecpected something more then just great artstyle and cute characters :P (tanned Anko kawaii)
Feb 6, 2013 4:35 PM
Oct 2012
Honestly, I don't blame Midori at all. Yeah she did come off as bitchy, yeah she might have become unlikeable for some of you, but at the same time, is it likely she'll end up with Tamako? No, Tamako will most likely be with Mochizou by the end. I also love how no one really mentions Mochizou completely playing the "childhood friend" angle. His answers annoyed me more so than Midori did; He also happens to think Tamako is reckless and always spacing out, granted the last one is true. They were both being horrible to each other, but at least they resolved it for the time being. I can't wait to see how KyoAni handles this though.
Feb 6, 2013 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
Midori x Mochizou
Dera x Seagull
Tamako x Floatie

Show over.
Feb 6, 2013 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
rederoin said:

I second that opinion.
Feb 6, 2013 5:01 PM
Aug 2011
Congrats Midori, you've won the prize for being the most unlikeable one in the group.
Mochizou grow some spine, among other things.

ReaperCreeper said:
rederoin said:

I second that opinion.

yes and yes
At this point I’m just watching for her and the Florist Princess.
Carpenter no Musume > Tamako Market
Feb 6, 2013 5:04 PM

Nov 2009
I'm pretty sure Midori will be the wife of Dera's prince. Mochizou will confess to Tamako but she won't understand and it'll change nothing. The end.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Feb 6, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2012
parfaited said:
Congrats Midori, you've won the prize for being the most unlikeable one in the group.

ReaperCreeper said:
rederoin said:

I second that opinion.

yes and yes

yeah kanna is my fav here..

i cant see this ep as rivalry but mochizu x midori, they are not bad at alli.. :)
Dark_MessiahFeb 6, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 6, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2007
Oh noooo~

They now totally think Mochijou is after Midori!

Only kyoani can make such cute mizugi episodes.

♥_♥
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2012
Tbh, enjoyed this episode.
Watched it expecting there won't be a concrete plot anyway~
Feb 6, 2013 5:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mochizou and Dera's conversation was the best part about this episode :) Seriously, I'm finally liking Dera lol. Probably because he's more interesting than the girls. And yeah, I agree that it's a little cliche to have Midori and Mochizou fighting over love interest. Meh.
Feb 6, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, I think Tamako has to be one of the most dense anime girls ever @____@; Poor Mochizou.. Midori is being rather possessive o__o

Dera continues to be my favorite character! <3
Feb 6, 2013 6:47 PM

Aug 2012
parfaited said:

ReaperCreeper said:
rederoin said:

I second that opinion.

yes and yes

Kanna rules
Feb 6, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2010
Needs more Imouto.

rul said:
What a bitch totally cock blocking my man Mochizou. But an episode with Mochizou is a good one.
This.

Feb 6, 2013 7:23 PM
May 2009
iLuvsPineapples said:
Honestly, I don't blame Midori at all. Yeah she did come off as bitchy, yeah she might have become unlikeable for some of you, but at the same time, is it likely she'll end up with Tamako? No, Tamako will most likely be with Mochizou by the end. I also love how no one really mentions Mochizou completely playing the "childhood friend" angle. His answers annoyed me more so than Midori did; He also happens to think Tamako is reckless and always spacing out, granted the last one is true. They were both being horrible to each other, but at least they resolved it for the time being. I can't wait to see how KyoAni handles this though.

Mochizou played the childhood friend angle because Midori tried to suggest that Mochizou and Tamako weren't really friends and also prove that he wasn't someone Tamako had to be "protected" from. Mochizou also didn't understand why Midori is preventing him from confessing to Tamako because what he does really isn't her business. But I'm also glad they resolved things in the end too

He also only said that Tamako was reckless and always spacing out to cover up the fact he was going to confess

EDIT: Left out a word that might make this argument make more sense
AquaHazeFeb 6, 2013 9:15 PM
Feb 6, 2013 7:26 PM

Nov 2012
ahhhh mochizou is just tooo adorable!
looks like a love triangle is starting
this anime is way too kawaii~
Feb 6, 2013 7:32 PM

Aug 2012
It would be a Mochizou x Midori end! :D

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Feb 6, 2013 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
And so it begins, Romance! xD Maybe I might enjoy the other half of this series.

PS. Anyone thinking dirty at some of these lines? :3
Feb 6, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
I loved this episode. I thought it was cute and Dera was entertaining. I would like it if they spent more time on Dera's quest.

At first I was confused and thought maybe Midori had a crush on Mochizou and was acting jealous. Then it looked like she was jealous because she was afraid of losing Tamako. I can understand how Midori felt threatened by Mochizou but the way she treated him was pretty mean and underhanded.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 6, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2007
10 dollars on Midori falling for Mochizou by the end of the anime.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2013 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
I'm giving about a 5% chance that this anime will have a kiss scene.
About 10% chance that it will be anywhere near as romantic as Chuunibyou.
And about a 25% chance that there will be any romantic progression at all.
Feb 6, 2013 8:53 PM

Feb 2009
SilveRR said:
iLuvsPineapples said:

Mochizou played the childhood friend angle because Midori tried to suggest that Mochizou and Tamako weren't really friends and also that he wasn't someone Tamako had to be "protected" from. Mochizou also didn't understand why Midori is preventing him from confessing to Tamako because what he does really isn't her business. But I'm also glad they resolved things in the end too

He also only said that Tamako was reckless and always spacing out to cover up the fact he was going to confess

I completely agree with SilverRR. Midori was completely out of line and I don't see why she should be prevent Mochizou from saying anything. The guy obviously really likes her and he's been friends with her forever, he ain't gonna hurt her.

Please oh please, do not go for a Mochizou x Midori ending KyoAni.

Anyways, I thought this was the best episode so far... Although that may just be because Mochizou is my fave.
Feb 6, 2013 8:59 PM

Oct 2012
Ahh good episode. I've got my moe doses of the week :3
We got to know more about Midori and Mochizou.
Mochizou was pretty cute being all tsundere and trying to come up with ways to confess to Tamako.
I found hilarious how Midori shut the window on Dera's face and got all jealous xD
Dera is hilarious as usual xD
I want to know where all of this is going!!! >////<
Really looking forward to the next episode!!!
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 6, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
Im guessing my dream of Tamako x Mochizou is never going to happen right? XDD

Shes too dense for her life x______x

but... baby steps... ;___;
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

178 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 22, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

224 by katakumplat »»
Jan 7, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

174 by katakumplat »»
Jan 4, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.