Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 7, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Hope they do the Sindria arc well. They BETTER do the Sinbad/Kougyoku bit dammit!

Praying they don't butcher the remainder of the show, but they probably will. About to watch this episode now, glad it sounds like they did it a lot better than last weeks. God damn as soon as Mor kicked the Black Djinn and seeing how poorly it was done(A still frame? This ain't the Fairy Tail anime ffs! AND they made her kick with the wrong leg!) I knew that whole episode was going to fail. Her kick was awesome in the manga.
Feb 7, 2013 2:06 PM

Nov 2008
If I hadnt read the manga id have rated this episode of the anime better but it was still done well just not as well as the manga (imho)

I wonder how they plan to continue follow the real arcs or go anime only or mix it? Or just follow and have another season to continue following the manga
Feb 7, 2013 5:37 PM

Jun 2012
Great ending, I loved it. The ending was great as well, nice way to wrap it up.
Looking forward to the next arc!
5/5.

Feb 7, 2013 7:12 PM

May 2010
Ah too bad Kassim died but oh well at least he and everybody else get to say goodbye !!

Time for the next arc !!
Feb 7, 2013 8:20 PM
Aug 2009
What did Mariam whisper to Alibaba at the end? O.o
Feb 8, 2013 4:56 AM

Nov 2011
Candor said:
^
Fairy Tail's animation sucks big time since the first episode.
Sindria is a light-hearted fun arc with some training. It's an introduction to Sinbad's generals and the new main character, Hakuryuu.

Which arc did you enjoy more?

I hope Sindria is better because the Sinbad gang is tons more interesting than Aladdin gang.

Don't spoil me too much but will Masrur have a good amount of screen time in Sindria arc? He's my favorite character so far, hope he gets some spotlight :D
Feb 8, 2013 5:41 AM
Oct 2011
LanceC said:
Candor said:
^
Fairy Tail's animation sucks big time since the first episode.
Sindria is a light-hearted fun arc with some training. It's an introduction to Sinbad's generals and the new main character, Hakuryuu.

Which arc did you enjoy more?

I hope Sindria is better because the Sinbad gang is tons more interesting than Aladdin gang.

Don't spoil me too much but will Masrur have a good amount of screen time in Sindria arc? He's my favorite character so far, hope he gets some spotlight :D
Masrur won't get that much screen-time. The arc will focus on 2 other (interesting) generals, Sinbad, Kougyoku, and Hakuryuu. The arc is really fun, with some BAness from the generals, including Masrur.
Feb 8, 2013 10:21 AM
Jul 2012
This was the most beautiful episode in any anime I have ever watched, everything was beautiful about it and the conclusion between Alibaba and Cassim was beautiful, everyone knew how hard Cassim's life was but nobody knew the extent of it and this episode depicted it perfectly. The conclusion between the two was also perfect and it almost made me cry, the voice acting was beautiful and you could really feel the connection between the two.
Ahh, the ED part was also flawless and I wonder what Mariam said to Alibaba in his ear.
"
Feb 8, 2013 12:34 PM

Apr 2011
Such an an awesome way to way to end this arc.
Feb 8, 2013 2:40 PM

Feb 2009
I don't get the point with people watching an anime they don't enjoy... If an anime irritates me to the point where I can only be negative about each episode I watch I just drop it. Would be great if others would do the same so people like me don't have to read your stupid discussion full of negativity about a show we do enjoy.

If I cared for the manga I would read the manga. If some of you enjoy the manga so much that it's impossible to like the anime too, just stop watching the anime and go read the damn manga if you like it that much better.

That being said I really liked this episode, it was emotional and I thought especially Alibaba's VA did a great job. I loved the drama in it and the ending of the episode where all the souls retured to the rukh.
Feb 8, 2013 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
Ahohime said:
I don't get the point with people watching an anime they don't enjoy... If an anime irritates me to the point where I can only be negative about each episode I watch I just drop it. Would be great if others would do the same so people like me don't have to read your stupid discussion full of negativity about a show we do enjoy.

If I cared for the manga I would read the manga. If some of you enjoy the manga so much that it's impossible to like the anime too, just stop watching the anime and go read the damn manga if you like it that much better.

That being said I really liked this episode, it was emotional and I thought especially Alibaba's VA did a great job. I loved the drama in it and the ending of the episode where all the souls retured to the rukh.
It's so we can use the "I've watched the whole series" excuse to justify bashing on a series and annoying people like you with our negativity.

I kid :-p, but if people really weren't enjoying it they would drop it, and I don't see a rule saying that discussion threads are for praising only, notice how it's mostly the manga readers complaining? people complain about every adaptation, and if you're going to complain about the complainers complaining, then you're going to have to post this on every sub-forum because no adaptations are perfect and people will always complain... complain complain. Most like the manga more, like me, but that's not going to stop me from watching the anime of one of my favourite manga. Oh and some VA just annoy certain people, like I can't deal with Kaji Yuki's screaming lol but that's just my opinion.
Feb 8, 2013 5:54 PM
Jan 2013
NahH. . I doNT care if u post a comment fairy tail sucks! . . .magi sucks m0re,i doNT neEd your opinion, . . . I'm just saying a-1 pictures messes animation,and then what did you say,fairy tail sucks. . . . . . . . . . . I did'nt do anything. . . Haters go to hell, , , is there anything wrong with that? . . .i'm just saying a-1 pic. Messes animation even ft, . . .who cAres,at least my favorite manga always in top 5 best selling. . . . . . . . .! . .insecure! . . .
Feb 8, 2013 5:56 PM

Nov 2012
fairytailfans said:
NahH. . I doNT care if u post a comment fairy tail sucks! . . .magi sucks m0re,i doNT neEd your opinion, . . . I'm just saying a-1 pictures me animation,and then what did you say,fairy tail sucks. . . . . . . . . . . I did'nt do anything. . . Haters go to hell, , , is there anything wrong with that? . . .i'm just saying a-1 pic. Messes animation even ft, . . .who cAres,at least my favorite manga always in top 5 best selling. . . . . . . . .! . .insecure! . . .

come on man why not like both.
Feb 8, 2013 6:09 PM
Jan 2013
My god! . .why is anime exist. . . And why is that haters are born. . . . . . . . . .mangaka,this is your fault why creating such manga and then animators adapting it! . . . .to all haters,accept the fact that people complain about anime adaptation! .be mature bro! ! !
Feb 8, 2013 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
Good episode.

Can't wait to see Morgiana in dat outfit in the next arc though. <3
Ahohime said:

>ITT: Positive opinions only
Feb 9, 2013 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
LanceC said:
"Don't make up crap about my life just to justify yourself!"

Oh how I wish I could say that up front to people in real life.
This, exactly. Actually, i might say it anyway.

Anyway, my feels are all up in this Anime. I didn't like Kassim, still kinda don't, but i still felt something when Alibaba was crying over his blackened body.
I'm glad this arc is finally over. Great conclusion too.
Feb 9, 2013 5:59 PM

May 2011
I got scared. The ending seemed like it was going to be the end of the anime, and then I was relieved to see the next episode preview. Rock on, Magi.
Feb 10, 2013 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
It was pretty awesome to see Sinbad's lightning/thunder djinn power.
Feb 14, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't really like this episode, it felt way too forced and it was just too mainstream. That happy ending was kind of lame imo. It seems that there is quite a deep story in this show, hopefully the next arc will be more deep and thrilling.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 18, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2012
I nearly cried...
Feb 19, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
...aww Kassim is dead.... meh

SINBAD IS A BAMF!
Feb 19, 2013 11:42 PM
Nov 2010
loved the ending. so sweet <3
Feb 20, 2013 3:33 AM

Aug 2009
Kananipa said:
I had no idea people were hating on this anime. I'm to understand the manga is much better, yes? Well, I haven't read it, but I probably will after the anime is over. I usually decide that a manga series and an anime series are different anyway since they're different formats, so it doesn't bother me if one is better than the other. I'm still really enjoying this anime for what it is. The animation leaves a little to be desired at some points, but I don't hate any of the characters in this anime and that means something with me, because I usually hate at least one. So imo they're doing something right.

Cried a few tears at the end of this episode. Glad Aladdin is back up and more badass. Miss Ugo though D:

I'm glad you enjoy the anime of Magi. I feel bad because of all the hating and ranting around in the forums. Many people who read the manga are just butt hurt because of minor changes, skipping scenes and animation quality. Just ignore them and keep on enjoying Magi anime. I do recommend to read the manga from the very beginning, when you have the time and interest, because it is awesome and explains different information about the magic and wonders in depth (stuff the anime tend to do very briefly). You can also spot small funny character interactions and character traits that are not shown in the anime. ^^
Feb 20, 2013 4:21 AM
Oct 2011
mikado34 said:
Kananipa said:
I had no idea people were hating on this anime. I'm to understand the manga is much better, yes? Well, I haven't read it, but I probably will after the anime is over. I usually decide that a manga series and an anime series are different anyway since they're different formats, so it doesn't bother me if one is better than the other. I'm still really enjoying this anime for what it is. The animation leaves a little to be desired at some points, but I don't hate any of the characters in this anime and that means something with me, because I usually hate at least one. So imo they're doing something right.

Cried a few tears at the end of this episode. Glad Aladdin is back up and more badass. Miss Ugo though D:

I'm glad you enjoy the anime of Magi. I feel bad because of all the hating and ranting around in the forums. Many people who read the manga are just butt hurt because of minor changes, skipping scenes and animation quality. Just ignore them and keep on enjoying Magi anime. I do recommend to read the manga from the very beginning, when you have the time and interest, because it is awesome and explains different information about the magic and wonders in depth (stuff the anime tend to do very briefly). You can also spot small funny character interactions and character traits that are not shown in the anime. ^^
I had to stop a bit on minor changes..... Not gonna turn this thread into a battlefield since anime-only viewers are getting bothered, but the anime is one big mess from the changing of all those things you call "minor". Though good to hear that people are still enjoying the series.

@Kananipa
Good to see you're enjoying the anime, but if you're planning to read the manga, read it from the beginning to see why we are complaining that much.
Feb 21, 2013 2:52 AM

Aug 2009
^ What I meant to say is that the changes and shortcuts are not of bigger proportions that ruins the overall plot (at least we can't say that before the anime is over).
Feb 24, 2013 10:35 PM

Jun 2009
Great.... My dead fathers are going to continue watch over me as I masturb....

Anyways...

Alladin is OP is hell... He's like a god now...

While I'm glad he found salvation in the end... I can't help but say... "Finally this Cassim BS is over!"

xinxin-san said:
Am I the only one who cried? ;A;

Donno, but I didn't.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2013 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
The ending was so touching... my eyes went all watery...
Feb 26, 2013 11:26 PM

May 2011
That ending was just so nice to watch. It was just so sweet and touching at the same time.

Sin looks like a completely badass with his djinns and Morgiana's new outfit in the preview looks awesome.
Mar 2, 2013 1:27 AM

Nov 2007
Well, I really enjoyed that. I cried a little... or maybe that's my head cold making my eyes water. <_< ... >_> Yeah. But it really was a great scene with Alibaba and Kassim inside the Djinn. The whole thing with all the dead people visiting was a little overboard, but it definitely didn't ruin it for me. Gawd, Alibaba's sobbing nearly broke my heart. Most VA's when they act crying make me cringe.

I don't understand the hate for Alibaba. He's my favorite. o.o; Am I missing something?

Looking at the scene in the OP (I think? I usually skip both OP and ED) where everyone is feasting and Mor dances, Jubal is in there, so that's kind of weird. Is that actually canon, or is it just OP fantasy?

Snake coming out of the head's eye was super creepy. oAo Badass Sinbad & Co moves, though. Masrur = <3
Apr 2, 2013 1:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Flawless victory. Yeah!

Seeing by the reactions of people, I'm glad I watched the anime before encountering the manga. I'm enjoying myself a lot with this. The manga must be something special.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 10, 2013 6:34 AM

Sep 2011
Very heartwarming ending! Something seemed a bit off somewhere in the middle, but it redeemed itself by the end. =p
May 20, 2013 5:01 AM

May 2012
His power level is over 9000! While the episode was rather sad the ending was just beautiful with them appearing all there! Nice and heartwarming ending!

Seems this is the end of this chapter, so lets see what the next episodes will be like!
May 28, 2013 4:39 AM

Sep 2011
I got a little emotional on the ending.

Jun 2, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2011
Sorry, this was one of the few characters that I'm glad kicked the bucket. That annoying piece of scum Cassim overstayed his welcome far too long.

Sinbad totally made this episode watchable and entertaining.
Jun 18, 2013 3:43 AM

Oct 2012

Yes, you are, Alibaba. You are pathetic crybaby. You never notice the obvious. You make this series pathetic. I am glad this arc is finally over.

Anyway, that shadow council seemed promising.
Jun 29, 2013 2:47 PM

Jan 2013
As a manga reader, manly tears were shed.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 29, 2013 10:41 AM

Jul 2013
God, what a great episode. That final goodbye inside the black djinn with Alibaba and Kassim was so emotional and so beautifully done.
Aug 14, 2013 6:12 AM

Jul 2009
beautiful episode, i nearly cried. i love this series. i'll definitely have to pick up the manga.
Sep 19, 2013 9:09 AM

Jul 2012
I admit the plot is well crafted, but I just find this story a bit unrealistic and boring. :S Perhaps it's not my cup of tea.
Sep 24, 2013 8:01 AM

May 2013
Kassim you baka
Oct 3, 2013 6:01 PM

Mar 2010
To me... This is a boring recap.... Hate my self for reading the manga....
Nov 11, 2013 11:04 PM

Jun 2011
Sinbad is so badass! <3 Dem feels at the end ;)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 9, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
The ending was done beautifully and I really could connect with it because I had a dream similar to that when my mom came back but only visited me for a day til she was raised back up to heaven again. So seeing your loved one after they have passed for quite some time seriously is a euphoric moment.

and even though I dislike Kassim his death was done beautifully as well. Good episode overall with nice animation and music. Lovely~

Feb 11, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
Al-Thamen = The Eight
That and the Octagram gave me FMAB feels.

Pretty powerful episode, Kassim's arc was weak but the ending redeemed it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2008
The last few minutes were really sweet. Getting there was kind of a chore though.

So...is Judal being manipulated by that cult thing? Was those stills we saw his parents being killed or something?

Also, I guess if they are a cult kind of makes sense, but I really hate villains that spread darkness or evil for the sake of darkness or evil with no real motive.
Apr 26, 2014 5:15 AM

Jan 2013
Really sad ending.
As of Kassim.. quite the bad person.
May 24, 2014 2:13 AM

Aug 2013
Yay new arc!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Dec 2013
I'm glad they had the balls to kill Cassim, he annoyed the hell outta me.
Yay for new arc.
Aug 18, 2014 3:35 AM

May 2013
Wow, just wow... RIP Kassim, you came around before you died. Perfect episode with a beautiful ending with everyone seeing their loved ones, it was nice. Sinbad and his friends are OP as hell, completely beheading that trouble maker. The Kassim and Alibaba fight/talk scene was completely perfect it was amazingly well done what a beautiful and sad scene. Mor in the end running to hug Aladdin and Alibaba was so cute, I love Mor! Either way, perfect episode!

Aug 20, 2014 6:32 AM
May 2013
RIP Kassim. Yay! new arc
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.