Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2013 4:29 PM
Jul 2012
Awesome background episode, but in terms of placement in the entirety of the series, I think they could've done better. I wish they would've eased the development in instead of throwing it all out in one flashback episode. Nonetheless, still a very entertaining series, loving every episode.
Jan 10, 2013 4:39 PM

Nov 2011
That was a pretty good flashback episode. I honestly was expecting shit when I thought they were diverting from the last episode and doing flashbacks, but this was surprisingly good. Nice to get to know each of our enforcers a little more.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 10, 2013 4:42 PM
Aug 2012
Ferras said:
New Makishima's toys have appeared

I dislike the ending a lot. Not my taste of music and there's a lot of unnecessary fan service. Makishima does exercise? what a joke!! he almost looks like Kogami -_-

Damm i hate comments like this....... B . S

At least they tried to relate the song to the anime especially if you read the subs for op and ed....

Its not just about dammm FANSERVICES
KamiKaliJan 10, 2013 4:45 PM
Jan 10, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2010
Although I wanted to know more about what happened after the last episode, this flashback was interesting because it raised more questions about the Sibyl system.

I thought the bit about all politicians being pre-selected by the Sibyl system was a thought-provoking point -- whether it was really democracy if the people could only vote among the representatives that Sibyl chooses. In the United States, we like to believe that our system of government is essentially fair, including the voting of our representatives. While I admit I know little about politics, I understand it takes a tremendous amount of finances to make a run at a high-level public office, such as the Presidency and this system often favors those with money and/or the right connections. In a way our system favors those who have these resources which limits our choices in candidates (30% of our presidents came from 6 schools), but we still trust in the system because it has worked in the past, our government is still standing and most importantly (I believe) because we think it is fair.

This belief in a system's fairness is also apparent with the Sibyl system and why it is so effective in the first place. The majority of society in the anime believe in the Sibyl System and its effectiveness so blindly that without understanding how it works, support its use thus giving it its power.

I think at this point it is fair to question who is really in control in society now: the people who the Sibyl System, a tool made by humans (presumably) which is supposed to help and protect society or the Sibyl System which is given the ultimate authority over everything as a supreme impartial judge or the people who it is supposed to protect. I think the scene with Yayoi pointing the Dominator at Rina may provide an answer to this question. Yayoi probably believes that she is on the side of good, after all she is holding the Dominator and is working with the MWPSB on the side of the Sibyl System. She believes Rina is wrong and wants to take action to bring her to justice but the Sibyl System here prevents her from taking that action because she is not an authorized user. Thus her natural human intuition came in direct conflict with the flawless machine logic of the Sibyl System and her judgement was deemed worthless. Almost this exact same scene played out last week with Akane unable to use her dominator because her target was not a latent criminal according to the Sibyl System, all in direct contradiction to what she knew to be true.

So here we have examples where a supposedly perfect system with perfect, impartial machine logic made decisions which were in direct contradiction to human judgement and also, at least in the case of Akane, in direct contradiction to the truth. This points us towards the conclusion that the Sibyl System failed its users thus it is a flawed and imperfect system that has been given supreme power because it is believed to be perfect. By giving the Sibyl System all the power to make decisions, society has rendered itself powerless. What this show has hammered home so far is not to put faith in something we do not truly understand.
EMChampJan 10, 2013 4:51 PM
Jan 10, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
I have a feeling we're going to see more of the ocean blue haired lead band girl.

Also, anyone else think yayoi is giving off a yuri-vibe? Is she lesbo?
Jan 10, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2009
Sasayama is way too trigger happy.
Jan 10, 2013 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
Danielcook said:

As far as I can recall they implied it already earlier on.. But with Shion and her.
Not sure if she really is lesbian though
Jan 10, 2013 5:03 PM
Oct 2010
While I didn't mind this episode, I would have preferred that they made this a bonus episode or OVA. Afterall, I saw some posts saying that it would be a flashback giving me the impression that they would explain the death of Sasayama and Kogami's downfall.
In terms of OP and ED, I don't mind them but I prefer the original ones easily.
Jan 10, 2013 5:13 PM

Aug 2011
Ew the new OP.

Anyways, I liked this episode a lot. The fact that Yayoi was actually a musician was interesting. It would've been lame if something like the whole "crime-committing orphan" was used. I was also surprised when the Dominator didn't work. I thought Yayoi would've ended up shooting her friend or something, but the way it unfolded was much more unconventional and interesting.

To the people questioning the random break: I think it was effective in the way that it still leaves you hanging on and keeps an air of mystery. I think Urobuchi knows we're all dying to see what will happen to Akane, and he wants to ramp up the "hype" even more. With that said, I hope we get to see Akane next episode... I've been waiting for too long.
Jan 10, 2013 5:14 PM

Feb 2012
Very cool to see one of the supporting characters' backstory and how the latent criminals are living, there is even a chance that we might see Rina again.
Jan 10, 2013 5:17 PM

Apr 2009
Orsonius said:
The whole sybil system makes no sense and that's what's bothering me with this show. Besides the way female eyes are drawn.

This, it's like a bad version of Minority Report. A shame since the rest is somehow decent.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 10, 2013 5:19 PM

Feb 2010
Danielcook said:
I have a feeling we're going to see more of the ocean blue haired lead band girl.

It was already heavily implied that she has sex with shion (the blonde).
Jan 10, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2010
I miss the old OP and ED. They got me psyched for the episode and next.

Interesting backstory episode for Yayoi.
Jan 10, 2013 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
This is what I call an opening! awesomeness!!! *w*

Awww younger Gino~~ he looks like Hibari ^w^
and Shinya in a suit just blew me away!!! hotness!
the episode was a nice back story and we got to see Sasayama ;)
i want another ep nao! *w*

ending? dfghjkhdfjkfh shirtless Shinya is always welcome *Q*
OhTsuruJan 10, 2013 5:38 PM

Jan 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Nov 2012
I wanted to see the previous episode, but we get a flashback instead. Though it gave me more of a reason to hate the sibyl system. haha~
Jan 10, 2013 5:36 PM

Jun 2011
0_0 I think I like this opening more than the first for some reason.

I LOVE Yayoi's development in this episode. We never did have much backstory on her before, so nice to see that she's being acknowledged.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Jan 10, 2013 6:09 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This episode was good, but it was out of place. You don't leave a huge edge-of-your-seat cliffhanger, then take weeks off, and come back with a flashback episode like this. That is just bad directing. Still love the series though.
Jan 10, 2013 6:26 PM

Dec 2012
I gave it a 4 out of 5 instead of the usual 5. Don't get the wrong idea though - the back story is nice, and its always good to have a back story of a character in a show. It's just not as gripping as the main plot.
Jan 10, 2013 6:31 PM
Jan 2008
Sasayama seems to be somebody that has fully accepted Sibyl system which is why he doesn't even feel anything blowing up someone, can't wait till they get deeper with the Sibyl system
Jan 10, 2013 6:33 PM

May 2010
Nice OP and ED, but not the episode i wanted, got a fill/backstory what ever tho.

3/5
Jan 10, 2013 6:48 PM
Jan 2013
Vanisher said:

where did it imply?
Jan 10, 2013 6:57 PM

Jun 2009
KingYoshi said:
This episode was good, but it was out of place. You don't leave a huge edge-of-your-seat cliffhanger, then take weeks off, and come back with a flashback episode like this..

thought the same the ep wasnt bad but to but a flashback in at a time like this is more then just damn mean
Jan 10, 2013 7:05 PM
Jan 2013
Kannei said:
KingYoshi said:
This episode was good, but it was out of place. You don't leave a huge edge-of-your-seat cliffhanger, then take weeks off, and come back with a flashback episode like this..

thought the same the ep wasnt bad but to but a flashback in at a time like this is more then just damn mean

and to think that there will be a few more flashback eps, that makes them even meaner.
Jan 10, 2013 7:06 PM

Jun 2012
akihimesama said:
Vanisher said:

where did it imply?

I think ti was episode 3 or something, somone came in and i think the blonde one pulled her pants up, cant remember fully though. but it was implied.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 10, 2013 7:06 PM

Apr 2011
I like the new OP but its not better than Abnormalize but the ED is still great.
Jan 10, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2009
nice to see some focus on Yayoi
and lol that Sasayama dude defending the Sibyl System it somehow makes sense

Jan 10, 2013 7:20 PM
Jan 2013
jimbob1141 said:
akihimesama said:
Vanisher said:

where did it imply?

I think ti was episode 3 or something, somone came in and i think the blonde one pulled her pants up, cant remember fully though. but it was implied.

Thanks! I found it, its in ep 2.
Jan 10, 2013 7:33 PM

Jan 2012
Kinda boring...
Jan 10, 2013 7:57 PM

Jan 2012
I was surprised Ernie Ball strings were mentioned.
I wonder if that was just the subs though, because this would be one of the few times I've heard a legit brand in an anime.

ROFL at "Iginez"(Ibanez). xD
penguindrum264Jan 10, 2013 8:34 PM
Jan 10, 2013 8:00 PM
Aug 2012
Can anyone tell me about the part in the ending that shows the [ Made in USA]

What was that for?
Jan 10, 2013 8:05 PM
Nov 2010
Expecting more backstories.

So, who do you guys think will be next?
Jan 10, 2013 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
Z-flame said:

Maybe Old Man Jenkins and then Kougami which will be a mix of him and Sasayama? Which may mix in the other guy too as I don't think the other guy came in until after Sasayama died right?

How many flashback episodes did they say we'd have? 3 or more?
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 10, 2013 8:35 PM

Oct 2012
I was hoping for the minor characters to have a story.

am I the only one who liked the old OP and ED better? The old OP gives more of that "Psycho" in Psycho-Pass, but eh.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 10, 2013 8:53 PM

Jun 2009
nice episode.

And Yayoi is definitely made for the job, she don't hesitate even when it comes to shooting her friend.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2013 9:01 PM

Dec 2009
Z-flame said:

most likly the death of sasayama
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2013 9:06 PM

Jan 2008
Overall, nice to see and hear the new OP. I think I might start following Nothing's Carved in Stone since I also like their song in ZnT.
I found it cool that this episode started with a band playing. This episode also let us have a glimpse of Yayoi's past.
Sasayama deserved to be a latent criminal I think. He provoked the hostage taker and that increased his CC and when it happened he shoot the target. A kind of sad and nasty tactic employed just to shoot the target. :(
Jan 10, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
akihimesama said:
Kannei said:
KingYoshi said:

and to think that there will be a few more flashback eps, that makes them even meaner.

yeah i guess thats the case most likly it goes on till sasayama dies
Jan 10, 2013 9:22 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good episode, giving back stories to the characters makes them more round rather than flat characters.

I liked the old OP way better than this one. The ED is awesome.
Jan 10, 2013 9:49 PM

Jul 2010
New OP isnt bad...but its like nothing compared to abnormalize, which was my fav OP of previous anime season.
About episode itself, im really happy to see some Yayoi backstory! she totally seems to be an great character.I wonder if we will see Rina again, this time in ''present'' time.
Oh, and i dont really like Sasayama.Dont know why, theres something annoying about him IMO.
Now i want to see some Shuusei backstory :D

5/5
Jan 10, 2013 9:54 PM

Nov 2012
this episode is actually good. I thought it will be boring, but it's nice to see Yayoi's story. I think she has some similarity with Akane but I don't know what it is.

and I get this feeling, somehow there's this battle between "artists" and "Sybil system". this is very interesting, me as an artist has to agree , I will fight against the system if it turns me to be a criminal just because I'm an artist. If there's a riot later, then the organization will be bunch of artists? XD

My reaction to:
OP: Great song, but why was the animation recycled like that?? Oh damn you NoitaminA are you that lazy?

Episode: great, still like it. Though there's no Akane :( yes I know this is good but seeing Akane's condition is what I'm dying to know.

ED: ..... huh?
WorldInverseJan 10, 2013 9:57 PM
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Jan 10, 2013 10:36 PM

Feb 2010
Enjoyable flashback...

Unexpected. I though they'd continue with the current plot right away, but it looks like there will be more backstory. No complaints.

..but... I miss the old OP/ED... :/
Jan 10, 2013 11:02 PM
Aug 2011
The Sasayama hate is wonderful.

I like the guy so far. His "Take That Bitch"-Face, is marvellous.

Also, What a genius. Provoking that guy, while holding a hostage so easily, just to increase his CC..... No, what a genius (+Badass) "Her Crime Coefficient's already 98. Practically a latent criminal already. Can't we just take care of them together?"

5/5
Jan 10, 2013 11:18 PM

Aug 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Seriously! He's a fuckin badass! How does everyone not love this guy?

"Ohh he provoked the guy that was diiiiirtyyy" yeah that guy was holding a fucking knife to a girls throat, Sasayama did exactly what needed to be done in a swift manner. Dude's a hoss.

I mean no homo but shit, he's even got the best character design in the show. Too bad his go getter attitude is likely the shovel that digs his grave, I'd have liked to see him in the present storyline.
Jan 10, 2013 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
Both the opening and ending was disappointing..

And this episode seems so out of place.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 10, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2011
Even though it takes place 3 years ago, atleast there were glimpses of my prediction that this show would be about the illegitimacy of the sibyl system, well it still could go either way at this point.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 10, 2013 11:59 PM

Jul 2012
Eh, old OP was way better :/

Backstory! Eh, the episode was ok, but I didn't like it as much as previous ones. Maybe because it wasn't as dark as a lot of the others?
I wish they better explained how she became a latent criminal, the description of why was too vague.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 11, 2013 12:15 AM

Aug 2012
Didn't like the new OP/ED too "unfitting".

Liked the episode though. Really wanted to know her backstory.
Jan 11, 2013 12:17 AM

Mar 2012
Overall, pretty decent episode. I did think the first half seemed to be lacking in character development, so it's kind of nice to see a back story about Yayoi.

As for the new OP and ED, they're okay but not as good as last season. Then again, last season had probably the best OP and ED for any anime last year so it's pretty hard to raise the bar every single time.
Jan 11, 2013 12:22 AM
Jul 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I like the guy so far. His "Take That Bitch"-Face, is marvellous.

Also, What a genius. Provoking that guy, while holding a hostage so easily, just to increase his CC..... No, what a genius (+Badass) "Her Crime Coefficient's already 98. Practically a latent criminal already. Can't we just take care of them together?"

5/5
AlexTheRiot said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Seriously! He's a fuckin badass! How does everyone not love this guy?

"Ohh he provoked the guy that was diiiiirtyyy" yeah that guy was holding a fucking knife to a girls throat, Sasayama did exactly what needed to be done in a swift manner. Dude's a hoss.

I mean no homo but shit, he's even got the best character design in the show. Too bad his go getter attitude is likely the shovel that digs his grave, I'd have liked to see him in the present storyline.

Yeah, I think he's kind of awesome. That line about that guy pretty much being a no talent hack, so great.

The episode was a bit jarring only because I was hoping for something else, but it was good nonetheless. I also feel we'll be seeing Rina and her band mates again.

The real question is, who's dying next? I mean one of the reasons, of course not the only one, you flesh out a secondary character is that it makes their possible death more meaningful later.

I miss the old OP and ED though. Thankfully I bought the CD for the previous ED.
Jan 11, 2013 1:08 AM

Sep 2012
Finally Psycho Pass is back.
I like the new OP.
It seems like we will be heading into everyones past.
Good episode. Nice to learn about Yayoi's past.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.