Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (97) « First ... « 94 95 [96] 97 »
Dec 8, 2023 12:09 AM

Mar 2021
Finally watched the second Spidervere movie, and damn it just reminded me how mid of a movie No Way Home was lol
DOSS300Dec 8, 2023 12:16 AM
Dec 12, 2023 12:43 AM

May 2020
Rush Hour 3

There was only one funny moment, the rest of the film just tries to be funny, even in serious moments. A girl is hanging on eiffel tower and is about to fall? James Carter: joking, dancing and singing...

Carter is the worst part of the film and Lee mutated into a Carter 2.0... Where's the Lee from the first two films?
Dec 12, 2023 12:56 PM

Feb 2017
Saw The Boy and The Heron, it was my first time seeing a ghibli movie in theaters. and it was great! I'm kinda surprised that its getting kinda a mixed reception, I'd rank it pretty high among other ghibli movies I've seen.
Dec 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Mar 2021
Godzilla - 1.0 The period was not set in the present day, but after World War II, so the depiction of the battle was lacking because the Self-Defense Forces did not appear. Also, the human side of the story, which can be moved, seemed to show the intention of the filmmakers to impress us, and I felt it was boring to watch.

Gintama: Baragaki-hen There was some new information about the anime before and after the main story, but I was worried about the production status of the 3Z anime.

Gegege no Kitaro: It was more interesting than I expected. I want to go again. I cried at the ending. I think it had just the right balance of mystery and horror.

Dec 13, 2023 5:06 PM
Feb 2020
Facepalm v Facepalm Dawn of Eyeroll 20XVI

Rui_ReiDec 14, 2023 11:26 AM
Dec 13, 2023 7:32 PM

Oct 2023
Watched 'Lost In Translation' for the second time and it's easily found its way into my top three. That movie's been on my mind for the past few weeks, what I'd give to explore a new city with a stranger.
Dec 14, 2023 3:46 AM

Jun 2020
Lupin III: The First

Pretty good movie, probably one of the best looking 3D animated works from Japan. The expressions, the movement, the style, all perfectly captures that Lupin feel. The story fits well in the movie format. I would say its a good entry point for people interested in this franchise (though Lupin has several other good 2D entry points as well) or just a fun action adventure movie. My few gripes is that the dub lip syncing is off, but the voice actors for both sub and dub do their job well.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Dec 14, 2023 8:20 AM

Feb 2016
I watched the latest Hunger Games. It's not as good as the book.
その目だれの目?
Dec 23, 2023 10:05 AM

Dec 2023
Movies I watched over the week.

Tick Tick Boom
American Symphony
Don't Worry Darling
I Used to Be Famous
God's Crooked Lines
Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool

Anime movie- Blue Giant. Huge fan of the manga and Jazz in general. Blown away, to say the least.
Dec 23, 2023 4:53 PM

Oct 2019
Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom

I guess its fitting that the final DCEU movie doesn't even acknowledge being part of it. An okay action/adventure movie otherwise.

5/10
Dec 23, 2023 5:01 PM

Aug 2021
watched The Boy and the Heron not what I expected
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2023 9:48 AM

Mar 2021
The Girl Who Leaped Through Time

Honestly enjoyed the movies but expected something else

Dec 31, 2023 2:03 AM

Mar 2021
I watched the new Aquaman movie at the cinema with my friend. It was a fun experience but the movie was pretty mediocre as most superhero movies are these days.
Jan 10, 7:22 AM

Dec 2023
Finally watched The Lighthouse, mulled over the character study and psychological components to the film. Love the homage to pieces like Edgar Allan Poe and Lovecraft mixed with a bit of mythology and symbolist art. I'd say Willem Dafoe stole the movie for me. Despite all this, I personally thought it was meh overall.

Went to the theaters the same day to see Wonka and thought it was fun. Managed to inspire some creative projects I had put on the shelf for a few months. Don't really want to make any comparisons to Wilder or Depp or the novel by Roald Dahl. Simply went into this movie for the enjoyment and entertainment and wasn't disappointed.
Jan 12, 12:38 AM

Mar 2021
Just watched Edward Yang's, A Brighter Summer Day, a few days ago. Yi Yi might still be my favorite from Edward Yang but damn, what a movie. Inio Asano fans would love it
Jan 12, 1:02 AM

Mar 2022
Asteroid City (2023) || [ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ]

while I typically love wes & majority of his work (GBH is one of my absolute favs), this movie felt like it was doing too much and also nothing at all..
Overall, it was anticlimactic and distant/cut off of clear storytelling. The cast was stacked so I expected a bit more substance. I still adore his style, but I think perhaps he is getting lost in his own aesthetic.

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘
Jan 12, 1:35 AM

Nov 2018
The last film I watched was Fast X, it’s getting more and more ridiculous. The franchise peaked when they were still in the streets just doing drag race, but somehow they transformed into the Avengers but with cars. Cars in space? Throwing Laws of Physics out of the window cuz it looks more badass? Literally the characters themselves are aware of their own plot armor, quite possibly from the writers making attempts for the movie to become more relatable and “funny” but it only makes it more cringe, even more with the cringe “Family” lines. They’re running out of ideas, to the point that they’ll artificially make villains from the victims of Dom’s collateral damage from the past films. Jason Momoa carried the film ngl, compared to Dominic Toretto’s bland character cringy ass family lines.
˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗ 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓊𝓂 𝓈𝒾𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓂𝑒! | ━─━────༺༻────━─━ | 𝑜𝓀𝒶𝒶-𝓈𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 wise ˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗
Feb 1, 10:29 AM

Mar 2011
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
This was better than I was expecting. It had a nice mix of comedy and action scenes. There was a good mix of characters and it was nice seeing them adventure around different areas in their world. The ending scene was predictable though.
Feb 2, 1:17 AM

Jan 2020
I just watched a movie called The Stranger by the Sea (or Stranger by the Shore). I had read a few mixed reviews which was already a bad sign, but I watched it and was quite disappointed. Very little character dimension, I felt very little chemistry between the 2 leads (at times it even seemed like they DISliked each other.) I was more interested in the sister and her girlfriend than the 2 mains! There are also a lot of confusing cuts/jumps which left me disoriented at times and I could not wrap my head around how lazy and random the marriage plot/fiancé character was. Severely underwhelmed however there were some cute moments sprinkled in. 5/10

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Feb 4, 8:46 PM

Oct 2010
L'enfant invisible, a quite obscure French animated feature about a boy falling in love with an invisible girl and going through a journey that resembles traditional mermaid call narratives, except more on the charming side that celebrates childhood views on life. It's narrated entirely without dialogue and it is very artsy, visually both modest and impressive with a consistent effort on playing with perspective. A little hidden gem that should have trascended more, perhaps as a cult piece; and I'm, if nothing else, glad that it exists and I was able to watch it.
Feb 5, 12:30 PM

May 2021
Alien

Where has this movie been all my life? I've rarely ever watched horror movies, but I've always been interested in 70s/80s sci-fi, and this film in particular has always been on my radar. Watching this is yet another round of reminders that I really need to watch more revered classic films, because it slaps. Ripley is a really great protagonist, love how her groundedness & occasional sense of vulnerability plays off of her overall inner strength as a character, and visuals-wise the film is insanely well-crafted. The last ~10 minutes or so are some of the tensest pieces of cinema I've ever seen.
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Feb 5, 12:56 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to Infamous_Empire
Alien

Where has this movie been all my life? I've rarely ever watched horror movies, but I've always been interested in 70s/80s sci-fi, and this film in particular has always been on my radar. Watching this is yet another round of reminders that I really need to watch more revered classic films, because it slaps. Ripley is a really great protagonist, love how her groundedness & occasional sense of vulnerability plays off of her overall inner strength as a character, and visuals-wise the film is insanely well-crafted. The last ~10 minutes or so are some of the tensest pieces of cinema I've ever seen.
You should check out Aliens also, it is as great. But those are the only Alien films worth watching, bar maybe Prometheus.
Feb 11, 12:01 AM

Aug 2018
Black Swan (2010). Honestly a really impressive and disturbing film at times, knowing who it was directed by doesn't surprise why some choices were made here. Natalie Portman's acting was astounding and her dedication to the role is really worth most of admiration. I'd say this film does strike certain similarities with Satoshi's Kon Perfect Blue (1997) certain inspirations definitely definitely were taken from it and very good ones to say the least. But it reminds me more of Whiplash (2014) where main character strives for that absolute perfection and suffers a lot as a result. I think this movie deserved more oscars and recognition in general, I'm just glad that the acting part was done justice.

8.8/10 would be my score
Feb 22, 8:19 AM

Jan 2023
1. Barbie (2023) | 2/10

I know this movie is probably for shits and giggles but I could not for the life of me care for any of the characters, especially Ken. His “transformation” is also so bizarre and awkward, and while we’re on the topic, what the fuck was the second half of the movie? Barbie going to fix her feet to a manhunt for her and Ken is understandable but the Ken coup takeover whatever and the civil war is so confusing and out of place. Maybe I’m taking things too seriously but this movie wasn’t worth the 10 bucks nor the two hour runtime.

2. A Man Called Otto | 3/10

I will give points to the depiction of suicide and the reasoning on why Otto would do it but what bothers me is how inconsequential it felt, Otto having attempted to take his own life THREE TIMES and failed only to shrug it off because of the neighbors is uncanny and questionable, the movie also tries too hard into making Otto a character that the audience should sympathize with.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Feb 25, 5:35 AM

Jan 2023
Oppenheimer | 7/10

I don’t really have much to say, it was an interesting movie behind the morality of the development of the A-Bomb. Also whoever was on the VFX teams killed it.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Feb 27, 10:12 PM

Jun 2008
I watched the old Disney Pinocchio movie, certain parts still terrified me just like they did as a kid. XD
Mar 4, 1:38 PM

Feb 2020
I watched

Lost In Dinosaur World

Basically it's one big infomercial for this (former? IDK) Dinosaur amusement park called Dinosaur World.
A family take their 2 kids to it, and the boy kid is of course a very Dinosaur nerdy kid, so he points out what all the (animatronic) Dino's are.
So then the 2 kids sneak off and are just bumping into the various animatronic dinosaurs until their found.
It's pretty weird and funny, as their basically acting in the movie like all these Dinosaurs are real and not animatronic.
It's very 90's, it's very hokey, it's pretty adorable.
2/10
Mar 4, 9:09 PM

Dec 2021
Watched Drive (2011) like a month or two ago, had no idea that Ryan Gosling is literally me it was similar to Hotline Miami a game I love. Can't wait to see Blade Runner 2049.
Mar 4, 10:22 PM

Aug 2018
yakuza kiwami 1 game movie, all cutscenes
Mar 6, 6:01 AM

Jan 2023
The Equalizer 3.
The movie sucks, but the filming locations are beautiful.
Mar 6, 6:55 AM

Feb 2020
Watched Dune part 2 yesterday.

Don't think I can say much, as I don't want to spoil. But it was much better than Part 1, didn't get bored with Part 2 at any point like I did towards the end of Part 1.
Like with Part 1 though, I love the care and attention to detail put into both movies - which was sorely lacking with the 1984 one (and that also includes the special longer Tv version). The atmosphere and music are incredible, not so hot on the cast still, as well as some of the cinematography.
Don't remember how faithful it is to the book, as I first read that like a decade ago and can't remember lol.

Can't wait for Part 3 as that's Dune Messiah and that's my favourite of the Dune books and I'm more familiar with that, having read the book twice and enjoy the TV adaptation of it.

8/10 movie, go see it if your a Dune fan. Or even if your not, as it's fun ;D
Mar 8, 10:39 AM

May 2021
I rewatched The Nice Guys with my sister 2 days ago and once again laughed almost nonstop the whole time. More people need to see it, Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe are a dynamic duo.
Don't stay in the bubble, the mind demands to learn
Mar 11, 2:53 PM

Feb 2020
I just watched The Iron Claw in the theater.

It's a biopic so just tells the story of the wrestling Von Erich family, and pretty accurately from what I can remember?
Not everything is in there though, least of all the forgotten brother Chris, but I can understand why.
Honestly they made a decent job to make a movie of it all.
It's very good, but very sad.
Mar 15, 12:32 AM

Dec 2018
Avengers Endgame

I think this was better than the last one

The manus was better written. The dialogue and the jokes were more fitting to the scenes and didn't feel as awkward and stupid as in the last movie

And Josh Brolin as Thanos was brilliant. A very tallant actor that made Thanos sound so believable

Not a big fan of superhero movies to be honest. but I enjoyed this one. I give it 7.5/10
Mar 15, 1:37 AM

Jun 2008
I recently saw Get Smart the movie, and all I can say is it doesn't hold a candle up to the old school TV series. Not that I expected much.
Mar 15, 9:28 AM

Mar 2021
Just rewatched Eggers' The Witch and gotta say still one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. Crazy how its his debut movie
Mar 17, 3:07 PM

Sep 2018
The Man From Earth, a recommendation from one of Freiren's top critics, @Okeanix himself. Haven't seen a discussion driven film like that for a few years, probably since 12 Angry Men. It's really well done and captivating.
GakutoDeathGlareMar 17, 3:13 PM
Mar 17, 3:46 PM

Sep 2016
Barbenheimer

Oppenheimer was quite interesting but still slightly disappointing, I expected a spectacularly animated Trinity explosion but it was kind of a letdown 7/10

Barbie was a fancy, hilarious and ingenious parody of feminism, anti-feminism, gender stereotypes, capitalism, materialism and many other themes 9/10

ZarutakuMar 28, 10:33 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 21, 9:32 AM

Dec 2018
Captain America Civil War

I think it was a pretty smart movie. With an interesting plot and a great villain

Find it to be very entertaining and IMO the best Avengers movie

Really enjoyed it, more then I thought I would

I give it 8.5/10

Mar 22, 1:18 AM

Dec 2018
Doctor Strange

Pretty good. I like the story overall. But the ending felt a bit cheap IMO

Still, good enough to make me wanna watch the next Doctor Strange movie

I give it 6.5/10

Mar 22, 6:29 PM

Jun 2020
Dune 2

All I have to say was that this was amazing. All of the visuals were masterful and plot was great
Mar 23, 1:30 AM

Jun 2016
I watched La La Land and now Another Day of Sun is stuck in my head. Please help.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 23, 2:14 AM

Mar 2018
Eyes Wide Shut. For the longest time, I've heard it was about Hollywood elite conspiracy theories, and was interested in the meta element of it potentially being about that, but it wasn't as obvious as they let on. The last scene was deliberate, but I don't think it has to be about the conspiracy theory. The film itself was 8.5/10, and I liked it's tension, and induced confusion.

Now, onto 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's detractors say it has no plot, so I'm interested.
Mar 23, 3:05 AM

Mar 2023
I for some reason decided to watch The Swan Princess wich is a movie i watched only one time when i was 5 years old back in Kindergarten and had barely any memories about it. Was watching the movie a second time worth it? No, just no.
SpunkertMar 23, 6:17 AM
Mar 23, 4:38 AM

Aug 2021
a little late but kung fu panda 4

didn't enjoy it as much wanted to see some cool fighting...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 12:40 AM

Dec 2018
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

It was a gorgeous movie. Stunning effects and I love the colors

Many interesting characters. Patrick Stewart was great as always. I like the story but it felt a bit rushed, my only complaint. I think they could have added 30mins to it

And It also had a lesbian couple,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

They had the cutest daughter😍😍😍😍😍

I love that. We need more lesbians in big-production movies 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈Represtions matters 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I had a blast. And I give it 9/10

Mar 25, 1:43 PM

Feb 2020
I watched from my Dinosaur movie collection Dinosaur Babes (1996)

It's an erotic Dinosaur movie - which were strangely popular in the 90's (only watched it for the Dinosaurs though obvs😅🤐)
Plot is like a mix of King Kong and the 1958 version of Teenage Caveman.
Honestly was quite surprised by the special effects and the amount of work/effort that went into this movie, as it seems to want to take itself sort-of seriously.
Definitely the best one of 'these type' of movies I've seen.
Annoyingly though I had to entice the disc out of my PS4 as it was jammed, and when it did eventually did come out, it was very sticky, so clearly my PS4 enjoyed the movie as much as I did

5/10 movie rating.
Mar 30, 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
It's Kind Of A Funny Story (2010)

Had some cute and wholesome moments. Main characters story and romance felt rushed. Fun side characters.

7/10

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Mar 30, 9:04 PM

Oct 2014
godzilla x kong - plot/story is pretty moronic, but the battle scenes/monster scenes in general were top notch and i even found myself laughing at some of the comedic moments.

7.5/10
Mar 31, 1:31 AM

May 2013
Flubber

I really enjoy this movie. 60% slapstick shenanigans. I always laugh when the Flubber rockets out of the guy's ass.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Pages (97) « First ... « 94 95 [96] 97 »

More topics from this board

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

9 by Enderobot »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7593 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite Non-Anime Shows/Movies

EverRealm - Yesterday

2 by Spunkert »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

39 by dreamingneon »»
7 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - Apr 26

12 by dreamingneon »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.