Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 23, 2017 3:46 AM

Nice and smooth ending. It suits an anime as philosophical as this. I gonna miss Koko, Jonah and the team.

Dec 1, 2017 6:36 PM

This episode sucked. I (in my opinion) didn’t like the ending, they should of showed us jormungand

Mar 29, 2018 9:49 PM

I actually really liked the open ended nature of the ending. It kind of fit into the themes of the show and what it was trying to explore.

I thought the song that played during the credits was also really good. The ominous, almost eerie tone of it matched well with the dark parts of the show.

Mar 31, 2018 3:43 PM
Wow, I just read that the anime covered the entire manga so ep. 24 was the true end. I'm cool with the opened ended ending. It's up to everyone imagination to decide what happens next. I thought Koko's black outfit was fitting because she turned into an evil villain. I mean she was willing to kill 700,000 people so she was kind of evil. I'm kinda surprised tho, I thought someone or some nation would try and stop her plan. I thought she would be kill in the end. I wasn't surprised when she turned evil, the author was dropping hints all thru the 2nd season about that.

I really enjoyed this series, what sticks out for me was the realism. And when I say realism. I mean the locations, vehicles, geopolitical situations and weapons were accurate depictions of real places and things. I loved the diverse cast and the author's attention to details was nice.

Koko was my favorite character in the series. I liked Koko even more when she turned evil. TBH I really didn't care for Jonah. When they were lunching Jormungand quantum computer to space, Kasper said that it wouldn't be the end of weapons. And that he'd still be able to continue on as a arms dealer even if it means selling axes and wooden clubs. Kasper was quite the hustle. I agree with Kasper, Humans will always find a way to kill each other.

Well it over T_T... I'm going to miss Jormungand and all its characters. Especially Koko, Valmet, basically all the ladies from the cast. I give Jormungand a 9/10.

Apr 30, 2018 9:53 AM
Honestly? Not a fan of the ending. The more the season progressed the more I came to dislike Koko. I can kind of understand why Jonah came back, but I really wish he hadn't. I think he should have been the one to stop her.
But I guess the whole point of the show is that it's all a gray area.
I can appreciate the open ending though.

Oct 10, 2018 10:22 PM

Pretty rushed ending unfortunately; it tried to do too much in 20 minutes. I wanted to see Jormungand activating and its aftermath.

Perfect Order was decent, but noticeably worse than the first half. 6.5/10

Dec 9, 2018 12:57 PM

dam i want Jormungand live action made by US with Asian chars but R obviously American & scarecrow & chocolate American Lutz maybe American or half American, rest are Asian, cause so far all small live action adaptations made by Jap havn't been that good, either US or Jap, or Jap & Us co-op project & live action series, i just want to see this SH in live action :D & that's about the main cast, or made by Sony
Modified by Sugram22, Dec 10, 2018 7:23 AM

Dec 10, 2018 10:55 AM

TheKoopaKing said:
Wow, I just read that the anime covered the entire manga so ep. 24 was the true end. I'm cool with the opened ended ending. It's up to everyone imagination to decide what happens next. I thought Koko's black outfit was fitting because she turned into an evil villain. I mean she was willing to kill 700,000 people so she was kind of evil. I'm kinda surprised tho, I thought someone or some nation would try and stop her plan. I thought she would be kill in the end. I wasn't surprised when she turned evil, the author was dropping hints all thru the 2nd season about that.

I really enjoyed this series, what sticks out for me was the realism. And when I say realism. I mean the locations, vehicles, geopolitical situations and weapons were accurate depictions of real places and things. I loved the diverse cast and the author's attention to details was nice.

Koko was my favorite character in the series. I liked Koko even more when she turned evil. TBH I really didn't care for Jonah. When they were lunching Jormungand quantum computer to space, Kasper said that it wouldn't be the end of weapons. And that he'd still be able to continue on as a arms dealer even if it means selling axes and wooden clubs. Kasper was quite the hustle. I agree with Kasper, Humans will always find a way to kill each other.

Well it over T_T... I'm going to miss Jormungand and all its characters. Especially Koko, Valmet, basically all the ladies from the cast. I give Jormungand a 9/10.

more like Anti-Hero, what would u do if u have a choice to save 700k ppl or hole world of ppl u would sacrifice the 700k & that's what she did 700k ppl to save more ppl in the long run, to make the world safer, i would even call that a hero, different type a hero, some1 who fight for world peace & achieves world peace is a hero (heroes also have tough choices & who are not willing to make will fail), but that's when it comes to anime, in real life this plan would fail cause what even Caspar said to her (not to mention no space programs that can save our lives in future), but Anti-Hero is worse what u can call her :)

@TomDay

she said this yes, but she decided to w8 until Jonah gives her hes answer, she didn't want to do it without him

about what u said with ferry large letters, yea it sucks we wont see the aftermath

but my idea would have been better, to what she has on land there are Robots controlled by Jormungand &t hey don't let war happen, cause Kaspar has a point & she would need that to fill the hole or plot hole or how to call it for what Kaspar mentioned, last words may refresh ur memory, there is always a bigger stick

but still 10/10 both seasons cause despite the flaws its well done
Modified by Sugram22, Dec 10, 2018 1:44 PM

Dec 16, 2018 1:44 PM

this anime was boring, imo.

Modified by Vi-, Dec 16, 2018 2:10 PM

Jan 4, 3:32 PM

Not showing the immediate effects of Jormungand really killed the ending for me, you build something up for 24 eps and not show it? really? Smh. Also she really thinks controlling the skies will stop wars? Lmao that logic yikes.

5/10.
Modified by davinci12, Jan 4, 3:37 PM

May 1, 10:09 PM
Despite what other people say, I liked the ending!
It's just the pacing and execution of it that was done weirdly. The episode where the plan regarding Jormungand was revealed to the group and Jonah bolted out of there felt more like a good place to end the season.

Then the third season follows Jonah with Kasper for two years and his eventual reunion with Koko. I mean to me that feels more natural. I didn't mind the reunion and understood why they were there. I just have this strange feeling that it came to this conclusion and reunion scene much too soon.

I would have appreciated a much grittier tone showing some of the worst that humanity has to offer. Showing the many different reasons people use weapons and start wars. But at the end of the day, war is still war. It's destructive and brings nothing but hatred and more conflict down the line.

Jonah is a great character and I feel he can carry the show as long as he's with someone and watching their character and engaging in some kick ass action. It would've been nice to watch the evolution in his thinking and his realization that despite his extreme hatred for weapons and the destruction they cause he cannot let them go. Also seeing him watch the world continue to devolve into war and constantly wondering if Koko is truly a necessary evil. The moral questions and questions of the future are very interesting and thought provoking. Also I really wanted to see his developing partnership with Kasper's group. There was so much great potential here.

Koko sure was an interesting protagonist and anti-villain. Her plan may be questionable with holes in the logic, but it didn't bother me too much as I was more interested in the characters and great action sequences. At least Kasper brought up the point that no matter what, weapons can still be made and bought, and war can still be fought.

I actually appreciate and applaud the writer for continuing forward and ending on the plan staying the same and Jormungand being activated. Making it completely different from the usual story following an anti-villain with a questionable end game plan.

It's a perfect ending, leaving us to wonder about the future Koko would bring upon this world. Western audiences are just too used to their shows and movies that end with everything having some kind of resolution.
Eastern audiences are used to their stories having no resolution and it can make or break a story depending on the writing and execution.
For me Jormungand basically skipped to the ending and left out very important character development and a chunk of the story.

I enjoyed this series none the less. It had great action, characters, AWESOME MUSIC, and a well told (for the most part) underlining story.

8/10

May 16, 1:11 AM
A pretty much forced ending! I get it there was nothing much left in the story apart from the launching of Jormungand in the space. But we never really get to experience the activation and usage of Jormungand apart from the glimpse that threw off the navy seal of its course. Well in the end they could have shown us some gun slinging action. I was waiting for it. I was a bit disappointed was for the fact the episode actually ended midway. The rest was just to fill the screen time with stills and a peek at all the characters we encountered in the course of the series.

Jun 16, 2:05 AM
Just feels like a tease of an ending. Like they could have used another 6 episodes. I think keeping hte pacing tight is good but I don't love how people roll over and die in this anime. Something going tits up could be entertaining.

Plus we just got served up teh question and idea- the author didn't bother thinking through and offering what he thought would happen or how the pieces would move. Concept was good in the end.

Characterwise, Jonah doesnt do enough to justify his existence. Koko teases at facing more tension and development but just... doesnt. blarhg

Worse black lagoon indeed.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]