Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2007 7:31 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode certainly explains a whole bunch, and things are looking like they will start picking up for the ending

Dibs on Ishida!
Sep 24, 2007 10:28 AM

Jun 2007
i think its still far too early for true explanations, more like this episode was just the beginning of a big twist in the story problematic.
Sep 24, 2007 2:56 PM

Mar 2007
eh well it made the whole 4423/Amasawa's motives make sense, gave a likely explanation of what happened to Kanna, gave the guy who was seen in ep 14 a clearer background, all that's left is for Amasawa to try and complete her goal with possible intervention of Tamako and co, basically the ending is finally in sight where as if you were a few eps back you probably couldn't see where this was going, it was basically a combination of illegals, metabugs, and sacchi

Dibs on Ishida!
Oct 14, 2007 6:04 AM

Jun 2007
arg what happened with the subbers, ive got the feeling they dropped denno coil or something ;(
Oct 14, 2007 7:03 AM

Aug 2007
I hope they didnt drop it. I've been downloading from Ureshii fansubs and they are only in 15 (im just in episode 5 :|) but i think the anime is getting pretty interesting.

Better think to download the RAW and learn japanese :|

Edit: A-Kraze is also Subbing but they are currently in epi 3 >.< Lets hope they sub faster when they end Seirei no Moribito or Angel heart
StaticOct 14, 2007 7:09 AM
Oct 21, 2007 4:15 PM

Jul 2007
wow, beautiful episode! from now on it looks like things will start to move even faster :D
Oct 31, 2007 1:55 AM

Apr 2007
Awesome ep and onto the next one!~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2008 8:39 PM

Apr 2007
Yasako missed a chance to connect with Isako when she dismissed the idea of losing your soul and cyberbody by referring to it as an urban legend. At least it provided a clearer picture on who's who in Yasako's past memories and also a small hint of what happened.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 27, 2009 5:39 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode. So Akira was finally caught in the act, haha. But I wonder who that other Micet belongs to? It doesn't seem like it's Isako's... I liked getting at least a few answers in this episode, but I kind of thought it was a pity when Yasako seemingly didn't believe Isako's story. She could have found out more, maybe, if she had been less incredulous and more believing.
Mar 30, 2010 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
I really wonder what happened 4 years ago.
Aug 28, 2010 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
i have a feeling that 4 years ago there was either a massive children disappearance, or children getting in to a coma out of the blue, like with isako's brother, 4423. anyway, this series just gets more interesting by the ep, i like it how it mixes slice-of-life with mystery and cyber ^^
Oct 26, 2010 11:38 PM

Jun 2009
Why exactly was Akira himself in the hospital? Otherwise great episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 29, 2011 9:21 PM

Oct 2009
It's getting really good, eager to finish the rest of this show and see what happens.
Oct 20, 2011 4:26 PM

Feb 2011
insan3soldiern said:
Why exactly was Akira himself in the hospital? Otherwise great episode.
ospitals are safe zones from sacchi, the same as the shrines, schools, and private houses
i guess it's better to be in a safe place while using micet's functions
it's only a bit odd, before the mice had to return to report what it had picked/recordered up, now it's live stream :o

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 19, 2012 2:15 AM

Mar 2009
Nice episode. Now i'm really curious about 4 years ago.
Aug 4, 2012 5:47 PM

Oct 2010
Hmm. What I'm wondering is, how did Mr. 4423 know the exact hospital room he'd be staying in when he went into a coma? Did he perhaps plan on being in the room somehow? Maybe he's on some top-secret mission on the other side, cuz if he's Isako's older bro, we know he knows his sh!t. :D Also, next episode has Satchii. I love how he brings mass, pure, unadulterated panic wherever he goes. "Me Satchii~" "OH GOODDD RUN. Dx"
Aug 25, 2012 2:57 PM

Aug 2012
deathdude72 said:
Hmm. What I'm wondering is, how did Mr. 4423 know the exact hospital room he'd be staying in when he went into a coma?

Well if he got stuck in the other side, maybe the only way she could have met him was with the cyber glasses, thus making it already in a coma? If so, then he's been there for a longer time than they seemed to mention, so I don't know. It's the only logical conclusion that came to me.

I think this was one of my favorite episodes. A lot of explanations, and we see just how much the universe is complex and plays with very deep aspects of real life. Ugh, I love that anime so much. Even though it has some extremely far fetched details, they still merge together perfectly and the script never deceives me. I can't wait to watch the next episode!
Dec 18, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
Yusako needs to learn how to speak to people. I mean, don't let Isako leave like that...
Feb 25, 2014 1:04 PM

May 2012
So we finally know who this 4-4-2-3 is and what happened to him, well this sure is getting very impressive with the development! Let's see what's next!
Jul 21, 2015 6:32 PM

Jun 2014
So Isako's brother is actually still alive in the hospital, and is the same person Yasako saw in her dreams at the Torii. But there was a second surveillance pet in the room... who else was watching?...
May 4, 2016 1:59 AM

Oct 2013
i think there's something important going on but i don't get it.
Jul 11, 2016 9:59 PM

Jul 2013
I love it when series like this go dark.
Nov 7, 2016 6:04 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 11, 2017 1:13 AM
Aug 2014
Isako is still as abrasive as before. So my brothers soul is trapped in cyber-space and before Yasoko is able to process it she's already distancing herself again.
May 31, 2017 3:59 AM

Jul 2008
Okay so now the show just took a full Ghost in the Shell turn.
Sep 23, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
Lorezhno said:
Isako is still as abrasive as before. So my brothers soul is trapped in cyber-space and before Yasoko is able to process it she's already distancing herself again.

From what she told Yasako, Isako implies that she's had this conversation with adults before, and none of them believed her. Even though Yasako approached the subject from a different angle, a very personal one (i.e. dreams), Isako can't bring herself to trust her, because she's afraid she'll be let down again.
May 23, 2018 5:53 PM

Nov 2016
This is getting more and more interesting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2021 3:38 PM

Jul 2017
This episode did a good job in explaining some elements while making others to become more interesting. Isako nearly gave Yasako a chance to win her trust but Yasako describing it as an 'urban legend' did hurt Isako a bit. Probably was dismissed so many times by others when theorizing what exactly happened, and till now she's still searching for ways to somehow get him back even if his soul was lost from his real body for quite some time now. Need to know more about the incidents that happened 4 years ago, that time is clearly coming soon.
Apr 11, 2022 11:05 PM

Feb 2021
I didn't realize until the very beginning of this ep the possibility that Isako's brother was in the hospital the whole time
Apr 11, 2022 11:07 PM

Feb 2021
Also didn't understand why Akira was in the hospital, unless he was just following them
Jun 19, 2022 11:04 PM

Jan 2010
Watching this crazy conspiracy theory-like plot unravel is amazing, specifically because we have three different parties coming to similar conclusions from different directions. Yasako is figuring things out via Akira's spying and Isako, Ken and Fumie are piecing together old news reports and prior knowledge from Ken's own research, and Tamako has access to government information. However, the biggest mysteries are what's going on with Isako's brother, Kanna, and whatever happened four years ago with the mass fainting spell. The Illegals are definitely a mystery, as far as their nature and functions are, as well as the hidden functions of the glasses, but these seem to be more of periphery mysteries that are attached to the main ones.
Oct 2, 2022 8:12 PM

Jan 2020
I guess that dude from last episode wasn't Yuko's brother after all. He's just in cahoots with Tamako.

Yasuko is doing kind of a bad job of explaining this "dream" that we've basically been seeing every other episode up until this point. Use your words Yasuko. It seems like Yuko would probably believe her if she just explained it properly.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 14, 2022 2:04 PM

May 2021
I had to negotiate with myself watching 6 episodes of Gankutsuou and then watch 3 episodes of this ga*ba*e, that's the only way I could keep watching this, sadly Gankutsuou is done and I need another motivator, at least here the plot moved a bit, MC girl kissed the brother of semi-antagonist girl in some obsolete space apparently, "majestic"... I am very interested, lets keep going
Jan 19, 2023 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
wait did yuko meet 4423 four years ago? when all the other kids were fainting? i feel like it must have been before that incident, otherwise she's way younger than i thought (or way older in her flashback scenes)
laputiaJan 19, 2023 8:17 PM
May 13, 2023 3:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, so we're up to the big explanations, we'll finally get to see what truly is that Yasako's mysterious backstory
May 13, 2023 3:41 PM

Feb 2020
We received so much information, it's pretty hard to process everything.

First of all, the mysterious guy who talked to Haraken isn't at all Haraken from the future, nor 4-4-3-2, nor Isako's brother. He is... just some guy who works with Haraken's aunt, it seems. I guess what really matters isn't who he is but the informations he possesses thanks to his work.
Speaking of mystery though, I shouldn't forget about the boy from previous episode who also seems to be interesting not for who he is but what he knows. And what he said at the end has to be taken in account.
But about what we learned in this episode, there is everything related to Isako's brother. I never thought he actually was 4-4-3-2 actually, but now that I think about it it was what made the most sense. They are hinting so much at Yasako and Isako being somehow related, although the full extent is still unknown (but that is also where the infos given by the boy probably come into play). And so, the "other side" does exist and is like an alternate dimension in which people can get lost and either fall in a coma or straight-up die because of it. That's what happened to 4-4-3-2, he is stuck in there and that's why he is in a coma. I don't fully get what is Isako doing but one thing is sure, her goal isn't an evil one, she just wants her brother back. It's truly sad that she ends up alone due to people not believing her, and it explains her rather edgy behaviour. She's just a child, and so things can appear especially dramatic to her and make her feel like the whole world is against her. But it seems more that the adults either don't know and so can't believe her, or do know for a few of them but keep it a secret because it's way too big of a deal to be revealed to other people, and especially to children who are the ones most in danger not only due to being too immature but also due to being the ones who use the glasses the most regularly. But due to that, Isako herself is becoming a threat as she is doing anything in her power, no matter how wrong it can be, to bring her brother back.

This whole thing with the alternate dimension also makes me realize what is the real deal with those creatures that can be heard/seen despite being dead, like Kanna, Kuroe and Michiko-san. They're stuck in this dimension, that's what is happening. But unlike 4-4-3-2, they aren't in a coma, they're really dead. They're pretty much like ghosts now, which makes me wonder how they can even be saved. Also, if this is really what is going on, then what is the real implication of Isako fusing with Michiko-san (and apparently other entities as well) ? Well, I guess this is why it made a key appear, that's probably a key to the other dimension, but she needs more to be able to go there. And since Yasako apparently has some power which allows her to see this dimension (if I understood the boy's information correctly), she herself is probably the final key. But since Kanna had this power as well, how will her own story come into play in the current one ? That's so intriguing.

Oh, one last thing : apparently, Megabaa fainted 4 years ago and lost her memories in the process. 4 years ago, so when Kanna died as well as when this event with the children fainting and waking up with hallucinations occured. She probably saw this as well but, I'm guessing due to old age, her mind couldn't handle it. After all, she is one of the very few adults to still be using glasses...

Actually, I still have one last thing to mention : considering that we know for sure it isn't her brother, then who is the person Isako has been shown communicating with multiple times ?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Dec 8, 2007

138 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.