Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 26, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
debido95 said:
I loved this episode, too bad it seems like the crappy episode 5 animation will be back

I don't understand how the animation can stick out that bad to some of you people. If the art style is close enough, I hardly notice. I've stuck with many animes with so called bad animation because I was engaged in the story. There wasn't one episode shown so far where I thought,"damn they really messed up". I think some of these elitists bitch about trivial things on this site.

On a side note, I thought Itou, Mamoru was a chick until now XD. Should have been obvious with the clothing, but the character barely stood out and acts very feminine.
Nov 26, 2012 6:26 PM

Apr 2008
Where did the name "Saeko" shows up in this show ?

Luvrei said:
So I wonder how many other people had siblings that were deemed dangerous. The parents are most likely forced to seal their children memories. I understand that the village leaders have the best interest of the community, but I think they're being too controlling and hiding too many secrets.
Not just the dangerous peoples like Shun.
Well, Shun is almost at top in the danger rating. Children who never developed their power is also in risk of getting purged, probably because the society doesn’t want to deal with another case of having two kind of human living side by side and straining for conflict.

In previous discussion, the memory sealing is just for kids and teens who normally wouldn't do so well with knowing their sibling and friends are getting purged out.
nseikaNov 26, 2012 8:47 PM
Nov 26, 2012 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
MEsoJD said:
debido95 said:
I loved this episode, too bad it seems like the crappy episode 5 animation will be back

I don't understand how the animation can stick out that bad to some of you people. If the art style is close enough, I hardly notice. I've stuck with many animes with so called bad animation because I was engaged in the story. There wasn't one episode shown so far where I thought,"damn they really messed up". I think some of these elitists bitch about trivial things on this site.

On a side note, I thought Itou, Mamoru was a chick until now XD. Should have been obvious with the clothing, but the character barely stood out and acts very feminine.

Its not so much elitist when they don't know what they are talking about. Its the preference of style they don't like, but it doesn't neccessarily make the animation bad. The comment above yours pretty much sums up the only issues with Yamaguchi directing.
Nov 27, 2012 8:56 AM

May 2010
Damn this is getting really good, and all those people drop this cuz of the last episode sucks to be them they're missing out on a great show.
Nov 27, 2012 12:17 PM

Mar 2011
While I feel the pacing may be trying a bit to hard to be mysterious (ie, very little reveal to the point of its risking turning into something akin to Lost) I still like the art styles and pleasant reminiscence of Nausicaa to keep watching.

'd like it if Saki was a little less wet behind the ears compared to her friends but hopefully she'll be inspired to protect her friends or some such trope like that in the near future!
Nov 27, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
Now it's all coming together and will probably all go downhill from here. Shun turning into a Karma Demon sucks, but i hope the others can fight back in the end. Such a great episode.
Nov 27, 2012 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
This whole mystery wants me to know what happens next, and that preview for ep 10 has got me excited haha.
Nov 27, 2012 6:36 PM

Jan 2012
good storyline, though some are too difficult to follow

so they will constantly be targeted as criminals? well that makes everything become more terrifying

last scene: saki met the copycat...! can't wait the next episode
Nov 28, 2012 5:35 AM

Oct 2007
Vyudali said:
Now it's all coming together and will probably all go downhill from here. Shun turning into a Karma Demon sucks, but i hope the others can fight back in the end. Such a great episode.
I don't think the word Karma Demon should read as Evil or Bad guy here. The same thing as the society that they are living in right now, it is still far from being called "Good".

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 28, 2012 7:52 AM
Jan 2010
I'M ON A MISSION THAT NIGGAS SAY IS IMPOSSIBLE
-Saki
Nov 28, 2012 7:54 AM
Jan 2010
tysonultima said:
debido95 said:

And here we go someone yet again complaining about episode 5's animation. I mean unless you really know what your talking about, such as if you've actually taken classes in animation, then this makes your opinion sound very stupid. I mean your entitled to your preference in animation, but it doesn't make it crappy.

I mean in episode 5 they actually implemented the 4th level of shading, but you probably wouldn't know that.

This is, officially, the most retarded post I have seen on MAL. Congratu fucking lations.
Nov 28, 2012 1:17 PM
Sep 2011
Kind of sad the thread size has halfed over the past week.
Best episode so far in my opinion, very suspensful and added a ton of really well done plot twists while adding a whole bunch more mystery to the show. I had really low expectations for this show but it really has turned out great :)

Also I still have no idea what people are going on about with animation, sure one or two scenes kind of stood out but apart from that it was pretty damn good.
The decrease in animation means one of two things:
A: The show is doing very poorly over in Japan
B: A1 are focusing all of their effort in adding more fanservice to SOA.
edl01Nov 28, 2012 1:20 PM
Nov 28, 2012 2:33 PM

Dec 2011
I wonder what would Saki find in her journey now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
This anime's making me insane with all that tension!
Nov 28, 2012 11:40 PM

Dec 2011
I wonder how that necklace thing Shun gave her works. Because if it is going to work, then now's the time to do it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 29, 2012 12:11 AM
Nov 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
I wonder how that necklace thing Shun gave her works. Because if it is going to work, then now's the time to do it.

we should know how the cats kill those supermen
Nov 29, 2012 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
Saki really did have and older sister called Yoshimi before!

Damn, there's some deep underlying plot involving the teachers, kids turning karma demon and those copycats. Now Shun is dead too! :(

What the hell is going on with all these missing people? And what happened in Pinewood? That cliffhanger too. Saki is standing eye to eye with one of the copycats! Could it be Shun?

Dec 1, 2012 2:09 AM

Oct 2009
there is a very good atmosphere in this show <.< !

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 2, 2012 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
I'm releaved that quolity recovered.
This time make scared atmosphere.
Dec 4, 2012 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
Shun? A karma demon? Nooo!

This is why protecting a functioning and stable PK society from itself in the future is a lot of work, mass conditioning, indoctrination, hypnosis, cover-up... without which everyone with PK potential is a walking nuclear time bomb when they become mentally unstable.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 5, 2012 7:18 PM

Mar 2009
This society is so fucked up...
Jan 2, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
Shun and Saki wow! This is getting really intense!
Mar 23, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2012
I would be scared shitless to go into a forest in the middle of the night. Props to Saki though. Brave girl!

Awesome atmosphere, intensity and suspense.

ProfessorVasuda said:
I feel like this show is starting to go somewhere. It almost lost me for a while.

+1
Mar 27, 2013 6:02 AM
Jan 2012
Nice cliffhanger! Things are starting to get interesting.
Apr 2, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2008
Elfuun said:
Nice cliffhanger! Things are starting to get interesting.

Yup, indeed.

Not surprising that Saki had an older Sibling, but what I found curious was that she actually knew that sibling and partly grew up with her. So there is some major memory manipulation going on, though the fact that she recovers said memory by herself, could imply that it's not the same kind of hypnosis that the priest was using to seal their Canti.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Apr 3, 2013 11:58 AM

May 2012
This was actually quite a decent episode! A first some nice story development and character development combined together! I feel a nice buildup for something big! Lets see what's next!
Apr 8, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2008
I love the OST in this show.
Apr 16, 2013 6:46 AM

Sep 2011
Shit son good game!
Apr 21, 2013 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Shit just got real.
Probably the best episode so far.
Saki just seemed so badass getting all geared up and sneaking around :D

I didn't like Saki's long hair before, but the hair style she sported at the end (with the pony tail) is actually very good. Probably my most preferred hair for her now.

Why the heck do the Tainted Cats have feet resembling high heels? Could they be actually female humans?
May 16, 2013 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 23, 2013 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
FUCK THIS SERIES, not as in its bad, no fuck this series for always making me want to see the next episode. Its just so hard to stop.

Man i cant believe the series had the balls to kill off a MC so quickly in the series. All these conspiracies and revelations are just fantastic, the scene where saki remembers her dead sibling gave me goosebumps.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 6, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2012
Ai no chikara.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 30, 2013 10:05 AM

Apr 2013
A conspiracy!!! I knew that something is wrong with this society. So basically they get rid of mentally unstable people by using those cat looking creatures >.<
And it looks like Saki is in trouble. Need to watch the next episode.
Sep 20, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2012
nice episode..
I wonder what happen with shun :3
and about the ending. is that the cat? :O
Oct 23, 2013 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
So Saki had an older sibling... so obviously people's memories get altered. Feels like the show is finally getting into the good stuff.
Dec 4, 2013 3:16 AM
Nov 2013
Better episode than most, hopefully this quality will continue from now on, and i'll reconsider dropping the series. I want to like it, but it honestly makes it pretty hard. We are on episode 9 now and I'm still not really sure what the actual plot of the show is and I'm not at all invested in any of the characters.

But I've heard so much raving about how good it is that i keep forcing myself to keep watching... and it manages to just barely hold my interest enough each time to keep me from dropping it. If i'm not into the series by episode 12 though, i think that's a good enough indication that i'm not going to get into it.
Feb 9, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2014
Soooo nobodys gonna mention when satouru and shun "relationship" 0_o

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Feb 15, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
1. it took 9 episodes for the main plot to reveal itself... jesus christ 9 episodes...

2. i'm not even emotionallly invested in any of the characters because there was no plot from episodes 1-8.

3. i'm gonna drop this series at at episode 12 if it starts getting boring. i can't believe i forced myself to watch this crap. just cuz it's ranked top 100 in MAL don't mean it's good.

4/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 25, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, such an intense episode. Secrets will fold
Apr 28, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
Things are getting really crazy huh?
They are ready to destroy an entire village rather than facing a karma demon. People with psychotelekinesis must be really dangerous, even more if the people don't want to kill him because of the ''return to death'' constraint.
When they were exploring the surrounding of the village, those trees and everything were fucking creepy. What was that Queerat doing there? Was he a member of a colony or one of the rebellion? I wonder what they saw with that mirror though, Saki seemed really shocked by it.

So we learned that Saki knew about her sister and she probably was brainwashed of any memories of her.

What will her encounter with the tainted cat lead to? They say that no one can survive an encounter with them, but the one that brought them easily used their Juryoku on them. Also, in the preview, Saki is screaming Shun name, like if she wanted to stop him to do something.
minouneetzoeApr 28, 2014 12:34 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 28, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2013
i think this episode was the best since the beginning, finally things are getting interesting
i hope they meet other parts of mankind
also.. i don't really like shun.. i am rooting for satoru x saki, but i rather see saki x shun than shun x satoru ._.
Jun 14, 2014 8:04 PM

Nov 2012
Holy shit, Maria scared the crap out of me when she appeared out in the window.
Jun 26, 2014 2:24 AM

Feb 2014
billybob300c said:
1. it took 9 episodes for the main plot to reveal itself... jesus christ 9 episodes...

2. i'm not even emotionallly invested in any of the characters because there was no plot from episodes 1-8.

3. i'm gonna drop this series at at episode 12 if it starts getting boring. i can't believe i forced myself to watch this crap. just cuz it's ranked top 100 in MAL don't mean it's good.

4/10

Yeah, even after 9 episodes all the characters are still so uninteresting and bland that I don't even care what happens to them anymore. Except for maybe Saki but even she gets a little annoying sometimes when she freaks out and starts screeching. The only reason I continue to watch the show is because of all the questions and mysteries that keep piling up, which kinda reminds me of Lost. Hopefully this doesn't end up like Lost, with no pay off.
Jun 26, 2014 2:31 AM

May 2014
@Vhailor
Yeah, the characters are flat, it would be best to self-insert yourself if possible. But there is payoff, OK, there's a lot melodrama that's going to happen with the characters, but try to think of it how this affects the bigger picture.
Jun 26, 2014 8:32 AM

Feb 2014
T3hSource said:
@Vhailor
Yeah, the characters are flat, it would be best to self-insert yourself if possible. But there is payoff, OK, there's a lot melodrama that's going to happen with the characters, but try to think of it how this affects the bigger picture.

As long as there's payoff, I guess I can sit through some melodrama. After all, I survived the ridiculous melodramatic love polygon or rather love web of Nagi no Asukara. I doubt it can get any worse than that (hopefully).
Jul 1, 2014 7:34 PM

Jun 2014
damm! the animation is inconsistent!
Jul 2, 2014 3:38 PM

May 2014
blessofcurse said:
damm! the animation is inconsistent!
It aired the same time as SAO!
Jul 2, 2014 5:49 PM

Dec 2013
Vhailor said:
T3hSource said:
@Vhailor

As long as there's payoff, I guess I can sit through some melodrama. After all, I survived the ridiculous melodramatic love polygon or rather love web of Nagi no Asukara. I doubt it can get any worse than that (hopefully).

This and Nagi no Asukara are two completely different series though. This one focuses a lot more on world/lore building with the romance aspect (while still very important to the characters relationships and character development) taking a backseat.

To my knowledge, Nagi no Asukara takes the opposite approach, and I feel that the two series are hardly comparable.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jul 7, 2014 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
So a Karma Demon is born.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 18, 2014 1:37 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode, I especially liked the scene between Saki and her parents. I don't like how Saki remembers her sibling and that just kind of got brushed under the rug, hopefully it'll get touched on some time down the road though. Looks like Saki is in trouble at the end there....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.