Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2012 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, Akiho is so persistent! Not a bad episode I guess although not too much happened. Kaito's robot does get beat down a little by Suburu's robot. Ouch.

Also, that ending...hmm, I wonder what that disturbance is.
Nov 1, 2012 2:09 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah stark now we saw what kind of happend to them in the past and those two seem to be the only one that were awake.

Kaito saw in slow motion and Akiho saw in forward mode.

Yeah the ending is kind of simliar of Steins Gate

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 1, 2012 5:45 PM

Nov 2007
Childhood friend, no wonder the pair is in good terms even though the girl is too optimistic. So her family and relatively known friends are related to robots that she's hugely interested in making it.

That twin tail girl... too dark and the smile is too creepy (cannot believe that she has the same voice and Eureka).

Wow, Hosoya-san's character requesting Kimura-san's character for combi., passionately (in his own way)!! And he knows that there's something wrong with that last move against him. There's a trauma / disease after what happened when he was young?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 1, 2012 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
Ah, so Aki and Kai are victims of massive fainting that occured exactly 4 months after H2 rocket launching during their trip.Well, ok, but why they are only 2 persons who are suffering from this? what the hell is exactly Elephant-Mouse Syndrome? something seems fishy.What about this red aurora?.Damn, im really desperate for answers, and then this thing on the end of episode ;_:
Well, anyway.FRAU lmao.Thx, TY, Facedesk, 1TB of BL, Moe, thnx.I just knew she will be interesting character xD.Her seiyuu seems alittle bit weird, but i will get used to it :D.

5/5.One of my favs in this season.
Nov 1, 2012 8:29 PM

May 2011
Hmm, so Aki and Kai both got syndrome there.

Aki can see more fast, while Kai the opposite. Either way, it looks like the plot begins to move here.
Nov 1, 2012 8:35 PM
Sep 2012
Quite a few things happened even though there wasn't the action that last week's episode had.

There's that weird blonde girl that moved into school. Who knew that a girl who spoke gibberish could be so perverted? lol I laughed at Akiho holding herself back during the meeting with those really perverted company heads. If I was her I would yelled at them and walked out for implying that she was flat-chested. I rather keep my dignity than be sexually harassed by those A-holes.

So as it turns out, Akiho and Kaito are long-time childhood friends who experienced the same phenomenon together and are still affected by it. No wonder why they are so close.
Sevannen said:
God... That ending...
How am I supposed to wait for a whole week for episode 5? ._.

This keeps getting better and better each week, I've got a lot of hope on this show.

Also, this part...
Agh! I have to wait until next week to find out what happened in the end.

Akiho looks cute when she's mad.lol
Nov 1, 2012 8:35 PM

Apr 2010
This has been very interesting so far, but Kai isn't very likeable...
Nov 1, 2012 8:45 PM
Oct 2010
wow so one sees time too fast the other too slow?

frau so likeable. lives on the internet rofl

great ep. wonder wtf happened on the cruise
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 1, 2012 8:50 PM

Dec 2010
Another great episode, like the development on their past but it still brings up the obvious question why only them. Also that ending O_O
Nov 1, 2012 9:06 PM

Aug 2011
Another great episode. Frau is so XD. I'm definitely like her in real life. Y-you know. W-without that, stuttering.

iLostReason said:
Ah, so Aki and Kai are victims of massive fainting that occured exactly 4 months after H2 rocket launching during their trip.Well, ok, but why they are only 2 persons who are suffering from this? what the hell is exactly Elephant-Mouse Syndrome? something seems fishy.What about this red aurora?.Damn, im really desperate for answers, and then this thing on the end of episode ;_:
Well, anyway.FRAU lmao.Thx, TY, Facedesk, 1TB of BL, Moe, thnx.I just knew she will be interesting character xD.Her seiyuu seems alittle bit weird, but i will get used to it :D.

The Elephant-Mouse Syndrome was explained in the second episode. It's not an actual disease (I looked it up), but basically what Akiho has is the version of the Elephant-Mouse Syndrome in which five minutes of time pass withing a minute or something. Kai's version is the opposite; time slows down for him instead. So I'd expect it like one minute of time in five minutes or something.
Nov 1, 2012 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
So, is it just me or does Frau's personality seems somewhat like Okabe?

I mean, that laugh. Those expressions, and this:

Nov 1, 2012 9:33 PM

Apr 2008
LOL Frau. And that silver haired girl shows up again?? Good episode, finally good to see Kai lose in Kill Ballad.

3/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Nov 1, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2010
UtsukushiiYume said:
iLostReason said:

The Elephant-Mouse Syndrome was explained in the second episode. It's not an actual disease (I looked it up), but basically what Akiho has is the version of the Elephant-Mouse Syndrome in which five minutes of time pass withing a minute or something. Kai's version is the opposite; time slows down for him instead. So I'd expect it like one minute of time in five minutes or something.

Yes yes i know,but i just think that's not all.There must be something more to it, thats why i used word ''exactly'' ^^ just slowdowning and accelerating time would be pointless.Something is definitely behind it.
Nov 1, 2012 9:39 PM

Jan 2012
The ending made me curious. Looking forward to next episode.

Nov 1, 2012 9:49 PM

Aug 2011
Did the ending creep anyone else out. I love the new blonde girl...im gonna enjoy seeing her more
Nov 1, 2012 9:54 PM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:

She's more like a Daru to me.
Nov 1, 2012 10:01 PM
Oct 2012
now thats what i call a cliffhanger

sadly, the main character is starting to annoy me :/
Nov 1, 2012 10:11 PM
Sep 2012
Furin1994 said:
now thats what i call a cliffhanger

sadly, the main character is starting to annoy me :/
There are 2 main characters - Kaito and Akiho. Which one are you talking about?
Nov 1, 2012 10:45 PM

Dec 2010
what a cliffhanger...
actually a good ep
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Nov 1, 2012 11:06 PM

Jan 2009
Kai sickness slows down time (this makes him good at fighting games)
Aki sickness speed up time

and dang its so slow pace right now
Nov 1, 2012 11:21 PM
Sep 2012
j0x said:
Kai sickness slows down time (this makes him good at fighting games)
Aki sickness speed up time

and dang its so slow pace right now
Yeah basically Kai's condition makes his brain process speed at a higher level than other people which makes time seem to slow down. While for Akiho, her brain processes will slow down making everything seem fast.
Nov 1, 2012 11:32 PM
Oct 2010
That ending... was that girl inside an augmented reality? if so this is going to get really good next week.

It will be hard to wait.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 2, 2012 2:04 AM
Apr 2012
The rating of this anime is surprisingly low.. maybe becs of the slow plot development, just like Steins;Gate.. hopefully it will increase as the story develops
Nov 2, 2012 2:05 AM

Nov 2011
Moving slow, i'll give it one more ep

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 2, 2012 3:51 AM

Jun 2012
I know Kai probably hates it but I'd wanna know what it's like to have an altered perception of time through the Elephant Time Syndrome

Pieces being set up with Frau Kojiro and the Subaru, next week should be good
Nov 2, 2012 4:01 AM
Apr 2012
Am I the only one enjoying the pace?
Nov 2, 2012 4:22 AM

Sep 2011
Solkiskey said:
This has been very interesting so far, but Kai isn't very likeable...

Nov 2, 2012 5:02 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Was just getting boring again, but I think the progression that happened in the later half of this episode is still managing to propel the story.

I feel like the story is becoming more developed now, but honestly, I still have little clue as to the direction yet.
Nov 2, 2012 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
"Time to fap"

Well... that was something I thought I would never hear in anime
Nov 2, 2012 6:02 AM

May 2010
"Time to Fap" did just see that in a anime..... Bosslike,also the ending got me hooked.
Nov 2, 2012 6:11 AM

Sep 2009
So hyper, optimistic Akiho has the speed up version of the syndrome and lazy, pessimistic Kai has the slow down version of the syndrome. Makes perfect sense as it fits their personality to me.

God dam Kai, stop with the Kill Ballad as your response to everything. <--- This has no hope of ever happening does it? T_T

Nov 2, 2012 6:14 AM

Mar 2012
maxie said:

Actually, no. I think the pacing is PERFECT so far with an anime like this.

I'm going to be honest, I really didn't know what to expect from Robotics;Notes. When I first heard the premise, I thought...meh, it probably won't be that good. However, I said the exact same thing when I heard about Steins;Gate...and that ended up being one of the best animes I've ever seen. So far, R;B has really exceeded my expectations. Considering the simplicity of the plot, it pulls off the mystery element nicely and much like S;G, a very unique and interesting set of characters. Frau's character seriously made me laugh my ass off. When I heard her say "Time to fap", I lost it. Much like everyone on here, I seriously did a double take and said, "did she seriously just say that?" Her whole lingo was downright hilarious.

The ending was interesting. It sure added for a very interesting, and somewhat creepy, element to this anime. Is he seeing a cybernetic ghost? lol Idk, but I am sure interested in what episode 5 is going to bring.
Nov 2, 2012 6:27 AM

Aug 2012
"Time to fap"

lol, wtf? xD

anyway, great ep
Nov 2, 2012 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
Lol Frau and her speech.
Good episode, things kept revealing and liking the pace so far.
Nov 2, 2012 8:53 AM
Feb 2008
i hate when they use random German words as names. "Frau" just means "woman".
Nov 2, 2012 9:18 AM

Aug 2008
Anyone knows if anything particular happened in C;H or S;G on Sept 22, 2010?
Nov 2, 2012 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
Slooooooow pacing, much slower than in Steins;Gate, almost nothing happens again. This ep was not bad but not good either.

Kvakond said:
Anyone knows if anything particular happened in C;H or S;G on Sept 22, 2010?

Nothing interesting. In September of this world line Okabe was still in hospital and Cosplay event was held (S;G). There are almost no references to this world line (DR 1.048596%) in C;H but common agreement is it is placed 2 years before S;G.

Other than that, Sept 22 2010 there was Super Harverst Moon on Northern hemisphere that day which could be reason we see that strange polaris we are seeing in this anime (and we know that Science Adventures series always borrows some events from real life):
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/22sep_harvestmoon

Edit: I watched subs again and apparentely correct date is September11th. I haven't find anything related for that day.

Also, anyone curious about H2A rocket lauch on May 21st 2010 can read this:
http://www.jaxa.jp/projects/rockets/h2a/index_e.html
http://h2a.mhi.co.jp/en/library/gallery/f17/index.html
Mich666Nov 2, 2012 10:20 AM
Nov 2, 2012 10:05 AM

Mar 2008
As was already mentioned dozens of times, this show is soo slow... I wish Kai at least paid more attention to Akiho during all this time. And BTW so far Akiho remains the only reason why I even watch this show...
Nov 2, 2012 10:37 AM

Dec 2011
That new girl is epic.
Nov 2, 2012 10:56 AM
Nov 2012
Really liked Akiho raging at the two lugs, really cute character. I'm of two minds about the end reveal; First, it bodes well that the people behind this anime know how to present a disturbing mystery. The problem is that a little girl is involved, which tends to end in sappiness and melodrama. Need more info.

Frau is less confident than I thought she'd be given her smirk last ep and her genius programming. Kinda disappointed, but at least she's funny.
Nov 2, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2010
I would be freaked out if I were Kai.
Nov 2, 2012 12:25 PM

Sep 2010
I like the character variation in this anime.....
Nov 2, 2012 12:28 PM
Dec 2010
- Whose eyes are those eyes?
- Akiho's purse charm.
- Kai visually distorting reality. (If that really was what happened.)
- Something causing massive unconsciousness aboard a boat.

There are Chaos;Head allusions all over this show. As a standalone, I'm finding it pretty enjoyable, but if it weren't for all this hinting I probably wouldn't be looking forward to it week to week as much as I am. I can't tell whether I like this new Frau character though. She made me laugh so I guess that's something.
Nov 2, 2012 1:04 PM

Jan 2011
Frau is amazing, she just made my day.
Cliffhanger at the end, next episode will probably be the last introduction episode.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 2, 2012 2:16 PM

May 2011
Akiho's father is the man.
This yaoi fangirl is the best character ever, obviously.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 2, 2012 2:33 PM

Dec 2011
Arr. Frau. I am kinda disappointed in her character right now. But I still have my hopes to see her real personality as she opens up.

Also, Airi is finally here. I wonder if she is virtual or an android. Can't wait to see the mystery.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2012 2:49 PM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:

Nothing interesting. In September of this world line Okabe was still in hospital and Cosplay event was held (S;G). There are almost no references to this world line (DR 1.048596%) in C;H but common agreement is it is placed 2 years before S;G.

What. Are you sure??
Because I heard that

Also, this
Toucanbird said:
maxie said:

Actually, no. I think the pacing is PERFECT so far with an anime like this.

I'm going to be honest, I really didn't know what to expect from Robotics;Notes. When I first heard the premise, I thought...meh, it probably won't be that good. However, I said the exact same thing when I heard about Steins;Gate...and that ended up being one of the best animes I've ever seen. So far, R;B has really exceeded my expectations. Considering the simplicity of the plot, it pulls off the mystery element nicely and much like S;G, a very unique and interesting set of characters. Frau's character seriously made me laugh my ass off. When I heard her say "Time to fap", I lost it. Much like everyone on here, I seriously did a double take and said, "did she seriously just say that?" Her whole lingo was downright hilarious.

The ending was interesting. It sure added for a very interesting, and somewhat creepy, element to this anime. Is he seeing a cybernetic ghost? lol Idk, but I am sure interested in what episode 5 is going to bring.
Nov 2, 2012 2:54 PM
Jul 2012
Frau is my new favourite character, but I think those are troll subs, I actually think she said time to fap. but, still her creepy smile is sexy.
Nov 2, 2012 2:55 PM

Mar 2011
WeWantTables said:

- Akiho's purse charm.

Whoa! Didn't even notice that.
Well, it doesn't look like gero froggy, but it maybe because of detalization.

Also, don't recall anything about mass fainting in Chaos;Head. Couldn't you remind me?

Nov 2, 2012 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
Stark700 said:

I mean, that laugh. Those expressions, and this:

not okabe, to daru
those @channels quotes, are not easy to forget XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.