Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2012 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

A lot of battles in this episode in the dark skies of nightfall.

Oda seems to be unconscious since the events of the previous episode :(. This episode was overall alright, and that marriage "dream" was amusing to watch especially with so many loli as the guests. They almost kiss too!

Oh well, I'm just glad she's awake now. ^_^

Stark700Sep 16, 2012 10:28 AM
Sep 16, 2012 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
Season 2!!! Now I really want to know what happened to Monkey.
Sep 16, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
Those deaths were unexpected for me. I'm starting to wonder if Hanzou and Matsunaga are just trying to look like bad guys but had something else planned that might help Nobuna in the long run.
Sep 16, 2012 10:26 AM

May 2011
Damn, not sure what to think of this. Was kind of expecting Sagara's death, but the way Nobuna handles it was a little bit of a surprise to me. I hope she turns around and makes the right decision. Revenge is an ugly thing, especially in a case like this. Shame on Hisahide for twisting Nobuna's mind like this.
Sep 16, 2012 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
Did they really die?>!??
Sep 16, 2012 10:34 AM
Feb 2011
Yes indeed Yoshiharu is dead; you could see his his hand falling on a ground with splash. From the preview, it says that episode 12 will be the last episode.
I guess this will help Nobuna to stop acting like a kid and be mature to be capable of uniting Japan.

Although I want Yoshiharu to be alive, I don't want him to come back to life since something like that doesn't seem right in this type of anime
Sep 16, 2012 10:37 AM
Feb 2011
prismheart said:
Those deaths were unexpected for me. I'm starting to wonder if Hanzou and Matsunaga are just trying to look like bad guys but had something else planned that might help Nobuna in the long run.

Remember from the other episode? (forgot which), when Saru was gonna tell Nobuna about Imagawa hideout (Okehazama or something..), Hanzou let Saru go because Saru said he'll unite Oda and Mikawa or something like that and Hanzou told him he'll kill him some day if he breaks promise..
Sep 16, 2012 10:37 AM

Dec 2010
Same not sure what to think of this. I don't really like Sagara's attitude of "I want to save everyone" he should know he can't since his played war games that people will die.

I think Sagara is probably still alive and it was a plan set up by Hanzou and the spirit guy (forgot his name). The two of them probably wanted Sagara to realise that they just have to think his dead. It could have been an illusion by the spirit guy thats why they didn't find a body.
I don't think Jubei is dead either when she fell it looked like the dark circle behind her was a pool so she could have survived. Can't really tell much from the preview either.

Great episode though. If Sagara has survived then there probably is going to be a season 2.
AlmazHiroSep 16, 2012 10:42 AM
Sep 16, 2012 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
christyu said:
Yes indeed Yoshiharu is dead; you could see his his hand falling on a ground with splash. From the preview, it says that episode 12 will be the last episode.
I guess this will help Nobuna to stop acting like a kid and be mature to be capable of uniting Japan.

Although I want Yoshiharu to be alive, I don't want him to come back to life since something like that doesn't seem right in this type of anime

Oh my god, So much respect for the studio to make the male heroine die!! It hasn't happened in forever!! 99 POINTS!!!

But if he does survive then it will be lowered to 50 points... Although it wouldn't be so bad if there is a Season 2.
DivisionGSep 16, 2012 10:46 AM
Sep 16, 2012 10:56 AM

May 2011
DivisionG said:
christyu said:

Oh my god, So much respect for the studio to make the male heroine die!! It hasn't happened in forever!! 99 POINTS!!!

But if he does survive then it will be lowered to 50 points... Although it wouldn't be so bad if there is a Season 2.

Killing the lead male is a very uncommon thing. I actually hope he stays that way though, it'd be better for Nobuna's character development.

Oh and male heroine?
Sep 16, 2012 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
Sagara may be dead but chances are very slim, injured most likely from that illusion.

That marriage dream was very nice but it turned into a nightmare fast with the possible death of Sagara.

Sep 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Nov 2009
Oh well that escalated quickly ...
Monkey is dead ... possibly real death though ...
damn the scene when Nene cried for monkey :( ... next episode is the final one, doubt that monkey will comeback, cause his death is the main factor to help Nobuna conquers.
Sep 16, 2012 11:06 AM

Mar 2008
Everyone here forget about Zenki's transformation ability?
Yup. Transformed into Yoshiharu and pretended to die to fool the enemy.
As for Juubei though, her body seemed unharmed.
Sep 16, 2012 11:06 AM

Feb 2012
There's no way Yoshiharu is dead. Like darkwap said, it's most likely just part of Hanzou and the spirit guy's plan. I have no idea how they pulled it off, but he's definitely alive. Same with Juubei. You can't assume they're dead until it's actually confirmed 100%. No body = not confirmed.

Also, this is still a comedy anime with tons of lolis. I don't see them killing off the male lead and ruining that. The comedy aspect and character dynamics would be ruined.

My guess is Yoshiharu and Juubei will show up at the end of next week's last ep with glimpses of how they survived.
Sep 16, 2012 11:07 AM
Apr 2012
It all seems really sad if they really are dead :(

though I really hope that Hanzou did some sort of ninja magic and teleported away with Yoshiharu, and maybe Zenki did some illusion magic to make a body explode

And hopefully Mitsuhide just fell into what looked like a lake, and didn't drown :(

Does anyone know where this is in the Light Novels?
Sep 16, 2012 11:08 AM

Sep 2009
so my guess with the phone was right but what good does it bring if they want to make us think sagara is dead..
there is no way this is the case otherwise this anime is as good as school days (and I mean it in a insulting way since I'm not a horror/thriller guy)
Sep 16, 2012 11:09 AM

Nov 2009
No idea, LN has been translated on Bakatsuki, lol but I doubt it would leave a corpse after being blow up by a bomb.
I hope that they will follow the light novel, or they just gonna create a new end when monkey is dead, and his death helps Nobuna unites the country ...
This reminds me of Chrono Crusade, or even Air when main characters can die but their name still remain ...
Takana_no_HanaSep 16, 2012 11:13 AM
Sep 16, 2012 11:15 AM

Sep 2012
This is from Vol 4.

Hope for season 2 too. Would love to see the battle of Anegawa. And more story about Azai and Nobukatsu
Sep 16, 2012 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
Of course Monkey won't die...your forgetting that this anime does not condone death on main characters, side characters and supporting. Only ones that do die are no names that aren't important...this is a fluff series and it will remain fluffy considering you have lolli's who can pretty much pawn an entire army
Sep 16, 2012 11:25 AM

Mar 2012
This was a really good episode, and a satisfying follow-up to last episode’s cliffhanger.

The entire episode was rather tense, but was slightly broken up by the momentary light-hearted dream Oda had of her marriage to Sagara, although that too, quite suddenly, turned rather dark due to the medicine Hisahide administered to her. As for Sagara, the moment he died was quite surprising and seemingly bloody, but, despite all that, I tend to highly doubt either Sagara or Mitsuhide are dead, especially due the fact that their bodies haven't been found, which is typically a foreshadowing element towards their deaths being a temporary ruse. There's that, and the fact that male leads very rarely die in a show of this nature.

Despite not particularly caring about or liking Mitsuhide that much, I have to admit that her final gesture to attacking the one who "killed" Sagara was a nice moment. Hisahide continues to be a thoroughly intriguing character, considering her supposedly conflicting actions. On one hand, her persuasion of Oda's will to fight and conquer was for the best, but that seemingly understandable and justifiable act was countered by how far she's willing to distort Oda's comparable good nature. It will be interesting to see the end result of all Hisahide's subtle persuasions, and how that will affect Oda's morality, whether it will allow her to grow stronger or lean needlessly to a brutality that Sagara had diminished considerably up to that point. Inuchiyo was excellent here, and the moment Nene was crying due to the loss of her "brother" was quite sad.

The action sequences laid throughout were exciting and really well done. As always, they were considerably benefited by the superb direction and the rather impressive animation.

Overall, Oda Nobuna continues to impress with it‘s story, characters, and historical drama, surprisingly establishing itself even further as one of the better, most consistent shows of the season, and I’m hoping that the last episode concludes events in a suitably exciting and satisfying manner. I’m really looking forward to said conclusion, since, judging by the preview, it looks set to provide an extensive amount of action and intriguing drama.
Sep 16, 2012 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
What the hell just happen,this episode shocked me i have no idea what is going on anymore.
Sep 16, 2012 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
TensaiShonen said:
Of course Monkey won't die...your forgetting that this anime does not condone death on main characters, side characters and supporting. Only ones that do die are no names that aren't important...this is a fluff series and it will remain fluffy considering you have lolli's who can pretty much pawn an entire army

I'm not talking about anime, but with the Light Novel, you're wrong about this. :D Dont know if this will have season 2, but

Sep 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
Asteriael said:

I'm not talking about anime, but with the Light Novel, you're wrong about this. :D Dont know if this will have season 2, but

hence the reason why I am saying this is a fluff series....
but I doubt they will animate it after how things had been introduced this season
Sep 16, 2012 11:39 AM

Jul 2012
Asteriael said:
This is from Vol 4.

Hope for season 2 too. Would love to see the battle of Anegawa. And more story about Azai and Nobukatsu

Oh... Well that's disappointing... Um... 50 points for the stunt I guess.
Sep 16, 2012 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
It was obvious for the whole episode that "Monkey" survived lol.

Feb 2012
DivisionG said:
Asteriael said:
This is from Vol 4.

Oh... Well that's disappointing... Um... 50 points for the stunt I guess.

For Division:
Jul 2018
I don't think Sagara Yoshiharu is dead. Killing a male lead of the harem series won't be good.
Sep 16, 2012 11:50 AM
Feb 2009
this ep is so messed up that i refuse to accept it....
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 16, 2012 11:52 AM

Feb 2011
This episode reached my expectations , freaking amazing . But , I can't really imagine Monkey dead , he's a main character . Why do these series have 12 episodes ?????? Season 2 is required .
Sep 16, 2012 11:53 AM

Aug 2012
This series in my opinion deserves more praise, i mean its not all fan service and stuff, and its pretty damn good, lolol i feel like emotionally connected to the characters (call me weird but thats the best way i can say it) and i hope the second season gets atleast 24 episodes, and can someone tell me where you guys are getting the Light Novel stuff? Bakatsugi only has volume 1 chapter 4 up so yeah it would be much appreciated ^^
i love them harem,comedy,romance,ecchi's see me around give me some reccomendations ^^

Sep 16, 2012 11:57 AM

Aug 2008
People who have died in this episode, they died. But chances Yoshiharu dead is basically zero.
I'm certain Hanzou and Zenki were plotting something. For example, smoke bomb + illusion. That will suffice.
I've watched enough this kind of shows. For the leads: no corpse = no death. It's Gundam SEED rules. This applies to Juubei too btw.
Juubei getting blown off the cliff was unexpected though. Hanzou can help her of course.

Great episode anyway.
  • Juubei getting all emotional and making suicidal attack was nice.
  • I like the way Danjou manipulates Nobuna. She is right in a sense. Only rage can get Nobuna driven.
  • It was amusing seeing Hisamasa retreated just because Oda army have Oda Nobuna in addition.
  • They should have animate Nobuna's eyes raging red all the time.
Sep 16, 2012 12:06 PM
Jan 2011
1 more 2 go and it'll be over.
Sep 16, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
Nasty001 said:
1 more 2 go and it'll be over.

Sep 16, 2012 12:24 PM
Apr 2012
this is really unexpected. 2 of the main ppls dying in the same episode. wonder what will happen to monkey. will the death bring him back to his world?
Sep 16, 2012 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
this ep was freaking awesome... hope we get a second season of this anime
Sep 16, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
Liph said:

i hope so too, haha but you know, the good anime's tend to never get that well deserved second season..
i love them harem,comedy,romance,ecchi's see me around give me some reccomendations ^^

Sep 16, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
Trunkies said:
Liph said:

i hope so too, haha but you know, the good anime's tend to never get that well deserved second season..

sadly :/
Sep 16, 2012 12:40 PM

Apr 2010
I somehow think Sagara and Mitsuhide are still alive and to be honest i don't think it would have a bad influence on the anime.
And Nobuna is right now she is pretty much destroying everything she stood for she is just acting out of hate barely listening to those close to her.
I agree with some that she needed to be stronger mentally but as she is now she isn't strong she is just taken over by her hatred willing to destroy anything in her way to get revenge.
A strong leader should not be overcome by hatred or fear that will only create a dictator which is the opposite of Nobuna's dream which she was trying to create.
Sep 16, 2012 12:46 PM

Aug 2012
Aversa said:
I somehow think Sagara and Mitsuhide are still alive and to be honest i don't think it would have a bad influence on the anime.
And Nobuna is right now she is pretty much destroying everything she stood for she is just acting out of hate barely listening to those close to her.
I agree with some that she needed to be stronger mentally but as she is now she isn't strong she is just taken over by her hatred willing to destroy anything in her way to get revenge.
A strong leader should not be overcome by hatred or fear that will only create a dictator which is the opposite of Nobuna's dream which she was trying to create.

this is where i think, Sagara comes in here, remember in the start of the anime, how he says i will not tell you how to act, but i will come in to save you when you stroll down the wrong path? this is where i think he shows up since you know, its hanzou and Zenki who were there to fake his death imo..

Sep 16, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
prediction for episode 12:

Sep 16, 2012 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
LN images floating around /a/ has spoiled me so this episode didn't have an impact or whatsoever. It's still all good. Waiting for at least a good conclusion for the 1st season.
Sep 16, 2012 1:26 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
This would be a perfect episode if Hanbei-chan was in more. I'd love to see her reaction of Yoshiharu's death. I'm so cruel! :')
Sep 16, 2012 1:36 PM

Jan 2012
Now this was unexpected. Monkey dead? Really? That one really cought me off guard.

Sep 16, 2012 1:41 PM

Jun 2012
Ok that settles it i'm pre-ordering the rest of the series, I want a season 2! They've still got so much material to cover they can't end it now, if Monkey really is alive and they don't pull an original anime ending where he returns home then they can make a season 2. Pre-order sales were actually a lot better than I expected so Huzzah! I think we will definitely get a season 2, but that won't stop me from helping it along!
Sep 16, 2012 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
Pff I end up clicking at your spoiler box

Asteriael said:
This is from Vol 4.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 16, 2012 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it would be too weird to kill off main character so doubt Saru is dead.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 16, 2012 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah that was obvious XD and all i wanted to know was how they did it but now everything is clear (i cannot resist when it comes to spoilers :D)
Sep 16, 2012 2:00 PM

Dec 2008
Well obviously seeing as MC deaths happen so very rarely unless it's the last episode or something, you can obviously tell somethings up, but still, DAMN did that give me a seriously bad feeling.

As I was watching that, part of me actually believed him to be dead and dead, goes to show how good the anime is.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Sep 16, 2012 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
I'm kinda getting the sense that these last two episodes were kinda rushed and used as an obvious set-up for episode 12. Just hope the last episode will be satisfying.
Sep 16, 2012 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
They won't show up Saru at preview becuase they don't to show him alive for the next episode, that we can get a surprise that he alive in the final episode lol.

I think Mitsuhide saw illusion as well, where did the body go?
I didn't saw the body when she rush it to enemy, yeah there is a way to survive by falling down too if you are lucky.
Falling down by a river or something.

Fool the enemy by making your dead, it's a good way to fake death and make everyone retreat.
I think there is no other way to survive this.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.