Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 24, 2014 3:05 PM

Dec 2011
Gotta love Senritsu in this episode. Using her musical charms to calm down Kurapica and all. I particularly love her pleas of "watch the road!" Reminds me of driving with my mother behind the wheel.
Jun 1, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
This episode really indicates just how strong one of the phantom troupe members is. Those shadow beasts have some unique moves but Uvokin seems to always find a way out. I don't think dragging the guy underground is going to stop him lol.

I said it before but i will say it about, i really love how this anime displays the attacks on screen. The old 1999 series never did that, so its pretty cool to see.

That leach guy gives me the shivers, what a disgusting ability, planting leeches inside you that enter your bowls and hatch eggs, i can only imagine such pain.

It seems kurapica's blood is boiling and his eyes turn crimson as he discovers that those enemies are in fact the phantome troupe, the organization that he wants to slaughter.

Jun 26, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
Even better than last episode.
Wonder if down the series Uvokin's power won't seem so great.
Jul 11, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2012
HE BITE HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF

HEAD SHOT BY SKULL PIECE.

Kinda dislike the fact that Melody stop Kurapika,but can understand why she did it.It would have been too reckless if Kuraplika had done something considering all of Phantom Troupe where there.
Sep 7, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2013
Lol those Ten Beasts are nothing special. But the part with Kurapika and a blade to a the heart was epic.
Oct 13, 2014 9:01 PM

Jun 2014
So if Kurapika uses chain jail on someone not in the troupe he dies... sigh thats only asking for complications later on.
Oct 24, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2014
Best episode yet.. simply awesome.
DerGraueFuchsNov 26, 2014 3:47 PM
Dec 5, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Kurapika doesn't regret putting that restriction on his own powers. Great episode!
Dec 6, 2014 2:13 PM
Oct 2013
Holy crap was that fight lame! The Shadow Beasts fought like total rookies, they had absolutely no battle tactics. It's not even like Uvogin simply overpowered them, they just didn't know what they were doing.

It was 4 against one and they hardly made use of that at all! When Worm pinned Uvogin to the ground, did anybody use that moment to attack? No. When everybody saw Uvogin chargin up his mega punch to cream Worm did anybody even attempt to stop him? No. And Leech just stood there the whole fight. And you would think after Worm does get fried with one punch they would all smarten up and fight to the best of their abilities, but no, they all keep screwing around until they are all dead.

Like these guys are hyped up to be such amazing fighters, and they have these highly trained abilities, but they have no idea what to do with them. Porcupine stops one punch with his body hair and then just hangs from Uvogin's hand like a really tacky ring. Even after Uvogin's been paralysed, he just continues to hang there! What was he doing?? And what the heck was up with Leech? Okay, he's been paralysed, now... infect him with leeches that will kill him in a day? What's the point of that?

And really, the whole fight is pointless anyway since if they did manage to kill/capture Uvogin, the rest of the Phantom Troupe is sitting up on the ledge, waiting to jump town and gang up on them.

The absolute worst, most noobish death was Rabid Dog's. He has enough time to stare at the bone fragment speeding towards him, wonder what it is, identify it as a bone fragment, put his hand up to block it, react with amazement that it pierces his hand, but in all that time he never thought to move his head out of the line of fire?? What the heck?

These guys suck in the most basic way.
Dec 8, 2014 2:53 PM
Oct 2013
Also, I hope that this series doesn't get too crazy with the gore. A little is fine, but the face biting and the leeches is getting kind of gross...
Dec 22, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
It was hilarious Senritsu at the end : ''Forward! Look forward!''
Goddamnit Kurapika, you are a terrible driver!

For fuck sake, leech dude was freaking disgusting. Is power being even more nasty than all we have seen so far. Ughh, that tongue, it will give me nightmare...

Hyped to see Kurapika lose his shit next episode. If he could just kill him, that would be epic :D
But that would go against his contract.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 25, 2015 6:10 PM
Jan 2015
you can tell kurapika has become alot stronger since she learned nen , looking forward to see what happens next
Feb 26, 2015 12:29 AM

Oct 2013
Guys he says "she", hehe another victim :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 17, 2015 8:59 PM

Jun 2009
So, Kurapika will die if he uses chain jail on anyone who isn't part of the Phantom Troupe. Is Hisoka a member or not? He is masquerading as a member but for all intents and purposes, he is one.
Apr 7, 2015 8:23 AM

Feb 2014
These kind of over the top shounen battles where characters seem to be able to do anything are not really my thing
Apr 21, 2015 9:22 AM

Jun 2014
hmm shouldn't they have not let kurapika drive the car?

Apr 22, 2015 7:00 AM

Feb 2015
Well i was correct in thinking the shadow beasts were going to get rekt.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2015 1:10 AM

Aug 2014
God damn Uvogin is a beast.
Jun 28, 2015 8:13 AM

Feb 2014
Been a bit since I watched this last. I completely forgot how epic the fights were. Loving this shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2015 10:51 AM
Apr 2015
Yes, Kurapika is best girl again
Jul 19, 2015 4:34 AM

Apr 2015
Epic!
Aug 6, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2014
Damn Leech was disqusting...
Sep 4, 2015 10:28 PM

Feb 2015
willeke91 said:
coldwave said:
People who create Hunterpedia shorts have some twisted sense of humor. I'm not even talking about shota-fanservice. But 'introducing' a character right after she bites the dust? I feel bad for laughing.

It is Han Megumi and Ise Mariya, the voice actresses for Gon and Killua, who create the Huncyclopedia segments. Well, not the animation itself of course, but they come up with the scenario and the lines, and then it is animated according to what they wrote. They do draw the whiteboard doodles themselves. They've talked about this in their weekly radio show and in a special 'behind the scenes' TV program about the new HxH anime.

So make of that what you want... XD

very interesting. cool!

HATUL said:
OMG this episode was violent as hell. It seems that from now on this version will be more violent than the old one (and nearly any other shonen anime for that matter). And to think this is broadcasted in Japan on Sunday mornings lol.

hell actually IS violent ya know :p

and not anymore, i believe. i was reading it in a magazine that by the time the ant arc came it was taken off sundays before that point i think.

willeke91 said:

Not only to you, but to everyone who's been saying "lol it's not canon" about the chibi segments...

I guess it depends on what your definition of 'canon' is, but... The seiyuu are just as much part of the 'official' staff as the animators, scriptwriters, etc... so the chibi segment is just as much 'canon' as the rest of the anime adaptation. It's true that Gumi and Riya are the ones coming up with the scenario for those segments, but as a voice actor you can't just say whatever the heck you want. Before they can animate it and put it in the episode, it first has to be approved by the director and original creator... So if Togashi didn't want it in there, he wouldn't have approved it in the first place. You don't have to like it, but that doesn't mean it's not part of an official production. ^^;

....it was...a kiss .-. that's like saying the "Schwing" that they did before - "IMPLYING THEY ARE GAY FOR THE BOOTY OH LAWD."
---
firstly, DAT VIOLENCE. why was there no warniiiiing D:.

that pool of blood was too much!
(well this will shut the censor complainers up, that's for sure.) gotta watch out for pika and his reaction.

Candor said:

The old version had it's time and was great, I watched it and it was the best thing I watched in my childhood, but we're not in 1999 anymore, we're in 2012 and it's the new version of Hunter x Hunter, with new animation, new OST, and new rules in the anime industry.

that's rather funny reading in '15 :p or feesly :'( (i loved 2012.........*weeps*)
----
Monochrome said:
Why did they let Kurapika drive?

that really isn't a problem with me. what really bothered me, though, was that why didn't anyone put nen in the car engine to make it go faster? would have been more efficient (and cool).

Mikasa said:
fishergirl16 said:
So gory! D; It honestly scared me. I hope they cut down on the gore in future episodes.

But maaan, Kurapika is a beast <3

Don't worry, the Chimera ant arc is sweet and innocent :) you'll love it

wait a minute MOAR PIKA?!?!?!? HE GETS EVEN BETTER?!?!?!?!? YUSH.

Terumi said:
Not bad, only thing I disliked was how they made Kurapika cover his ears for the scream when it was actually pretty badass that he was the only one to not do so in the manga. Great episode though! that's quite the end and surprise for the new viewers :P all I'm gonna say is, don't judge yet!

oh shoot, why'd they take that out :/ taking away the pika epicness, darn you M/H....>.>

Bigbuffoon said:

Overall, I prefer the 2011 voice acting; best VA for Uvo, most improved (compared to 99) is Hisoka. Takahashi's voice was just f***ing annoying for me; he's suited best for badasses (Ryu, Harima, Squalo). Worst was Shal, but it's not even as bad as 99's Feitan; I got used to it quickly.

really, now that i'm looking at the '99 as well, i agree that hisoka (along with killua) are the best (not in voice ACTING, but more voice choices. everyone in '11 is great!) in the remake, everyone is better than the '99 so far. hisoka is the worst by far. killua sounds that same as '11, but much quieter and refrained.

zat-bust said:
hmm shouldn't they have not let kurapika drive the car?

yea i know right lol.
----
ok although i love pika with his chains i was so FREAKING SCARED for him when he had the balls (or none....:p) to capture uvo. i think taking him on like that after seeing how strong he was was risky business indeed. good luck bro! D:

DAT NECK SLAP-SNAP IF THE NECK. DAT SKULL CHEW. WHAAAAAT.

also where are gon and killua during this :T lol too far away i guess?

dang, this episode is so intense D'X
TomDaySep 4, 2015 10:32 PM
Jan 8, 2016 7:09 PM

Jun 2015
so epic, on to the next one.
Apr 14, 2016 7:57 AM

Jan 2016
Uvo was just fuckin awesome! that Head bite was too damn epic!
May 8, 2016 10:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Mofo Uvogin man! The three kills he did was brutal af! Nice job Madhouse :D

5/5
Jun 15, 2016 5:25 AM

Apr 2009
Why is that worm guy still alive after that punch?
Oct 12, 2016 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! Uvo eating Leech's head was SAVAGE!

Piccolo would be disappointed in shark teeth for not dodging.

My waifu Shizuku sticking dat ass out for me. :)
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 31, 2016 7:16 AM

Jun 2016
Uvo kidnapped by Kurapika, haha XD
Dec 1, 2016 7:07 AM
Nov 2014
Fucking badass episode, the leech part had me on my knees lol. Angry Kurapika is GAR.
Jul 30, 2017 5:55 PM
Mar 2017
Damn, Kurapika's Chain Jail is sick
Nov 27, 2017 2:18 PM

May 2013
My Kurapika is everythinggggg <3 :'D
Dec 13, 2017 2:09 PM

Jan 2010
Definitely not one of my favorite episodes, got could tell that the Shadow Beasts were going to die from something as basic as their character design. I get that it's intentional, but it's definitely not too my liking. It may shows lack of effort, it's you're going to do it that way you might as well have the episode progress faster. It was a real drag... I mean, impressive powers but... I s disappointed by the character design enough to say "meh..." at the rest. #hater
Dec 13, 2017 2:18 PM

Jan 2010
Fuck. This episode could have been so much more interesting if it didn't write the battle's outcome on the forehead of its characters... -___-' But at least they didn't drag it out this time...

Edit: Whoops, that was for episode 45...
Dec 29, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
I love every moment when Kurapika is a badass like that... Senritsu did help him cool his tempers down, but it'll be way cooler if Kurapika was more furious.

Yep, there is no difference between this time and the last time. The Injus are weak... (Cuz the spiders are too strong yet they kinda underestimated them
Mar 23, 2018 8:52 PM
Apr 2017
Very exciting episode. Kurapika may have been able to capture Uvogin, but how will the rest of the body guards do in what I feel is an inevitable fight with the Phantom Torupe?
Apr 13, 2018 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Since when did Milluki become one of the Shadow Beasts (leech)?
Jokes aside, holy shit. The way Uvogin finished off the three was brutal. How was the worm STILL alive after the first face punch and the underground attack?._. Glad Ugovin was captured though. Kurapika at the end showing who's boss >;D
May 23, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode,Uvogins demonstration of power was really frightening.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 14, 2018 12:39 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow that spider member is so strong…it is still a miracle kurapika caught him… I hope he realise the needle soon…
Dec 26, 2018 11:47 AM

May 2012
Kurapika sure is as revengeful as in the original, pretty lovely captured. Let's see what's next.
Jan 2, 2019 12:11 PM
Jan 2018
This episode was amazing. I'm starting to like Kurapika a lot.
Jul 13, 2019 12:23 PM

Nov 2017
Kurapika drives one hand while threatening Uvogin and not looking at the road! xD
Oct 18, 2019 6:39 PM

Sep 2017
Boo I was hoping for a good fight but it was just one sided again. Too many overpowered characters. Also I don't understand why Kurapika would impose such a ridiculous condition on himself. Seems really pointless.
Oct 18, 2019 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
ProofByColor said:
Boo I was hoping for a good fight but it was just one sided again. Too many overpowered characters. Also I don't understand why Kurapika would impose such a ridiculous condition on himself. Seems really pointless.
What are you talking about? There's only one overpowered character in this whole show and you haven't even met him yet. I see that you don't pay attention and don't understand how Nen works. Nen is based on Talent, Experience, Training and Resolve. The quickest way to train your nen is by toughening up your resolve. I don't want to spoil you as his full gallery of restrictions and conditions will be explained in the story soon enough. The reason it's so restrictive is because the more restrictive the ability is the stronger the nen. I assume by 1 sided fight you're talking about Uvogin vs the Phantom Troupe. HxH isn't like a normal shounen which has a game-like level up bosses. The Phantom Troupe are not weak characters. In Fact, as already stated they are one of the most powerful humans on Earth. Uvogin is definitely at Top 20-30 in the world. The reason Kurapika can capture him so easily is because he was distracted and couldn't physically move. To capture a member of the Phantom Troupe or just to go against them in general you need broken ass abilities which is why Kurapika's abilities are mainly focused to anti-phantom procedures and why they are so restrictive. You'll see soon enough that it's definitely worth the restrictions applied.
Read Toriko!
Dec 7, 2019 12:02 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can't believe this Gorilla mofo bit off half of that dude's face and projected skull fragments in bullet speed, and he doesn't look like the most threatening one in that gang. I was longing for Gon and Killua to show up, that black-haired dude would be a good matchup for Killua especially.
Apr 23, 2020 12:03 AM
Mar 2019
Kurapika you badass! Taking advantage of the poison XD Damn.... I'm scared he's going to think Hisoka is a Spider someway,somehow
:(
May 31, 2020 11:32 PM
Dec 2019
Damn that sound technique. shit is going to get real
Aug 1, 2020 5:26 PM

Dec 2007
that uvo is FREAKING badass, let aside he can bit but also killing with scream.
I thought kurapika will just run into the battle once he saw the spider, and he really surprised me in his determination.
Hopefully gon will join the battle soon, I'm really looking forward for his reunite with kurapkia.
Sep 9, 2020 3:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Kurapika is just incredible, what a tense episode
Oct 31, 2020 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
Guess Uvo would've died if the shadow beasts were fighting a bit smarter. Using lethal posion, being a bit more careful etc.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikasa - May 26, 2012

158 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - May 19, 2012

239 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kamuki - May 12, 2012

182 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - May 5, 2012

109 by Nerdason »»
May 10, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mirorin - Apr 28, 2012

99 by Nerdason »»
May 10, 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.