Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2012 6:12 AM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I loved this episode because it finally got Nanako's father involved in the plot...
It was amazing how it showed that they both love each other and that Henmi still respect his father despite abandoning him during Henmi's childhood.

I particularly liked when he asked Henmi about his height (^_^)

But, somehow I really want Henmi and Orihara to find a way to be together again.
May 7, 2013 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
Kaoru is actually really brave! I can imagine that if I were seriously ill and had a boyfriend, I would totally cling on him and other people with all I could. It's amazing that she's even somehow able to stay strong alone. (Ok, there were Rei before...) And she's always so cool, knows what to do and help others. Even when she told Nanako about her situation she ended up comforting hysterically crying Nanako! But now her talking sounded so... suicidal? D: I hope that Henmi could comfort her. (Yeah I was awake in the middle of the night thinking about this and found it really hard to concentrate today at school x( I rarely have that strong feelings because of an anime :'D)

Otherwise that episode was really nice. I hope this anime could have a happy ending, but I doubt that... I stil hope :C

Mar 3, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
Nanako took it better than expected. I really hope Takehiko doesn't leave. Kaoru needs him :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 8, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2010
Well that went better than expected. xD

I hope Kaoru will be okay
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 13, 2015 1:09 AM

Sep 2014
I can't get the animation of toddler Nanako twirling around saying "ANATA WA DARE?" out of my head. Subsequently ruined the rest of the episode for me. LOL
May 20, 2015 7:57 PM

Feb 2008
And it finally happened. Surprisingly heartwarming and positive. I was afraid it might be used for more drama, but this was better. A shame that he's leaving Japan now that Nanako knows this, it might hurt her even more now.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 14, 2016 9:21 PM
Aug 2011
SaveTheAralSea said:
I can't get the animation of toddler Nanako twirling around saying "ANATA WA DARE?" out of my head. Subsequently ruined the rest of the episode for me. LOL

Yeah I almost forgot that's how the series started and that I found it a bit creepy ahaha.

I love the techniques Dezaki employed with the use of still images at the most important moments.
Feb 11, 2017 7:06 AM

May 2016
Kaoru is without a doubt one of the best characters.
Please let her find happiness...
Mar 11, 2017 6:11 PM

Oct 2014
I liked the sister/brother bonding stuff, we didn't get much of that in the manga and it was honestly needed.

(I have so many strong feelings about Kaoru. T-T)
Jun 17, 2017 5:47 AM
Nov 2015
The best part? The awkward meeting btw Takehiko n his father, and his father finally asked to accompany him to the station. And the station scene. Very sweet, not overly sweet or teary. Good.
I wonder why he did not come to meet Takehiko during the 13 years, but then he must have guessed that Takehiko hated him, that he was not worthy, he should stay out of their life. Good for him he had a good son
Jun 17, 2017 5:55 AM
Nov 2015
Onii-sama e will forever have a special place in my heart (hahaah!!).
It's rare to have a trio of girls so wonderful and strange as Kaoru, Saint Juste n Miya. And rarer to have another trio totally likeable as Nanako, Mariko and Tomoko!!!
And the OP and ED, and its variations as background music. More flavor of the past is good.
And it's the one show that got me back to watching really really long anime, 40eps or more. The last time I had a show like this?? Ranma 1/2 8 months ago!! many other long shows are good, but takes me months to finish. This I'll have completed in a week. The amount of commitment is glorious
Jun 17, 2017 5:57 AM
Nov 2015
Wonder what the closing lines of the last episode would be?? Will it still be "There is no end to my tears"?
Jul 4, 2017 3:25 PM
Aug 2014
Nanako took the news a lot better than I was expecting; it really didn't amount to much.

So Henmi is about 6 years older than Koaru.
LorezhnoJul 4, 2017 3:29 PM
Apr 21, 2019 12:17 AM

Feb 2017
That last scene tho :'(
Sep 13, 2020 9:16 PM
Feb 2016
I love how everything that's been hinted at from the beginning is finally being revealed. This anime keeps getting better and better.
Sep 21, 2020 8:41 AM

Jul 2015
So the cat is finally out of the bag on the Henmi being a real oniisama to Nanako. Nice moment of Nanako and Henmi and also heartwarming reunion between Henmi and his dad there, but I kinda worry on Kaoru now, hope she finds her happiness

Nov 29, 2022 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
Some heartwarming moments for Nanako that she needed, now Kaoru please, she deserves some happiness too.

That reunion between father and son was so awkward but touching.
Mar 7, 2023 9:34 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
smol nanako ftw!! uwu

on a side note, the father and son moment was weird, but still in the feels
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 18, 2023 12:52 PM

Aug 2021
this series got such disappointing adults
they all hesitate so much they are so distant and dont really show affection and theyre fucking liars
i cant imagine a parent having a secret child just like that yal insane
u say this shit from the get go and then it becomes normal
adoptions, previous families etc
its important shit
like everybody treats nanako like shit throughout the entire series and she takes it like a chump for real, the fact that she just didnt come up to her father and was like "why didnt u tell me u scum? u seriously love ur son? u not seeing him for 13 years?"

i think that the only good parent is marikos mom, because shes loving a supportive and doesnt punish, and its like the show somehow implying that she should punish mariko or something? and her mom gets treated like shit too but shes like the only good adult in the show
rest are liars losers and like cant own up to shit always hesitate never do shit that is obviously the best and the healthiest thing to do
May 8, 8:29 PM

Jun 2014
Nanako meets Henmi, while now knowing that he's her brother, and it went really well. On top of that, Henmi met his father for the first time in 13 years.

A lot of loose ends have finally been tied, but what about Kaoru? Will Henmi really never see her again?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naivette - Dec 20, 2011

62 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 8, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 38 Discussion

NinaShlimon - Aug 5, 2012

24 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 8, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 36 Discussion

NinaShlimon - Aug 5, 2012

30 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 35 Discussion

Naivette - Dec 20, 2011

19 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 8, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 34 Discussion

Seabury - Nov 17, 2013

22 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 8, 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.