Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2008 2:28 PM

Apr 2008
This series looks awsome, I'm pretty curious about it. The guy being delusional picks my attention
Oct 11, 2008 2:32 PM

May 2008
This is really a WTF series, I am really looking forward the next episode
Oct 11, 2008 3:03 PM

Aug 2008
Has a real good potential to be a nice anime, love the horror shit and this anime is making me a fan of it. ^w^
Oct 11, 2008 3:12 PM
Dec 2007
I guess I was right to wait for this series... I can't get enough of these kinds of animes, so Higurashi/School Days like ! Great suspense and script for now, with a delusional and despicable main character on top of that : will be a keeper for sure.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 11, 2008 4:07 PM

Jul 2008
seems interesting .
good for first episode. messy but good.
Oct 11, 2008 4:47 PM

Oct 2007
You sick fucks, can't you read
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
?
You know, even if it says "manga" it means any source of adaptation, hence Visual Novels count too.
Please, use your common sense and NOT spoil aneemay cause you want to show off how smart ass you are.

As for anime, i like what i see and i see what i like.

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!
Oct 11, 2008 4:59 PM

Jul 2007
Nobleman said:
You sick fucks, can't you read
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
?
You know, even if it says "manga" it means any source of adaptation, hence Visual Novels count too.
Please, use your common sense and NOT spoil aneemay cause you want to show off how smart ass you are.

As for anime, i like what i see and i see what i like.

right on. word.

- i LOl'd at the discussion nana and her friends were havign lmao. talking about girls who like guys like taku "my friend even if you're stubborn, im still going to rescue you"(reference to welcome to nhk? :P)

- i also like the "to be continued part" where the show asks you if you want to save lulz.

- i too was curious with the links lmao so i typed em up and checked em out too lulz.

- i don't have the game but i do have the in game cgs. if any of you guys want them, you can just pm me or somethign and i'll send em over :P i took out most of the backgrounds since they're kinda repetitive(i think each background was HQ and there were 3 versions of each for different resos). but i do think they have spoilers(even if i don't know the story yet, there were some pics that i dunno. maybe could spoil stuff :P)

Oct 11, 2008 6:07 PM

Feb 2008
hehe nice. a psychological thriller eh. it would kinda suck to have such vivid illusions. with enough tinkering the brain can show you some pretty interesting stuff. looking forward dto the development of this story.
Oct 11, 2008 6:08 PM

Sep 2008
Can they think up of a more pathetic guy? I thought he was goona sudicide maybe 6 ttimes during this ep.
Oct 11, 2008 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
this is a different genre I usually watch but I'll watch it anyways

Oct 11, 2008 8:07 PM

Oct 2007
Didn't care for it... I'll keep watching to see were it goes but so far it's very whatever and throwing in blood/gore does not make something a mindfuck...

SingerofW try not to spoil...

Angel999 don't encourage spoilers... discuss it via pm or use spoiler tags please
not all of us want to know the ending before it happens.

might watch it again when quality subs are realeased because Aoshen was garbage and i heard D-R wasn't any better.
Oct 11, 2008 8:19 PM
Apr 2008
This anime is a lot more interesting than some other series I've seen. The first episode gave me an impression of NHK with a bit of Persona thrown in the mix. (the Persona games, not anime) I want to know the story on his anime girl hallucination, too, so I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 11, 2008 8:48 PM

Aug 2007
I've been waiting for Chaos;Head to air and I must say I'm pretty impressed. The character designs are top notch and the sakugal maintains a relatively high level of quality. There were some reused scenes and some stills, but they can be overlooked given that they are only used during scene changes.

Taku seems to be a more extreme version of Keima from TWGOK, but that just makes him more interesting in my opinion. The plot seems to be interesting with a mix of psychological thriller and good old blood and gore. The best part about this is that there is virtually no censoring! This looks like a high-level Madhouse production similar to Death Note, hopefully...

Oh well bring on the next episode!
Oct 11, 2008 8:49 PM

Feb 2008
This anime looks pretty good. Btw if anyone hasnt watched it yet, u can watched the subbed episode on animeseason.com.

Oct 11, 2008 9:06 PM

Dec 2007
i have a headache after watchin it but is pretty good n very interesting.
Oct 11, 2008 9:35 PM
Sep 2007
Really liked it. It has pretty much everything I was hoping for = creepy moments + bishoujos + otaku lead. Animation and sound are very good too. They can't screw this, can they?...
Oct 11, 2008 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
Holy shit, I don't know if I was tripping more or the anime.

Really interesting start and I definitely can't wait for more. Hope they shed some light later on Taku's mental problems cause he's seriously nuts.
Oct 11, 2008 10:06 PM

Jan 2007
that was great. i really love the atmosphere. i generally hate those really weak male leads but in this case, it just works really well.
Oct 11, 2008 10:13 PM

Sep 2008
weird WTF is going on ha ha ha. can't wait till next week.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 11, 2008 10:51 PM

Jul 2008
Faust721 said:
that was great. i really love the atmosphere. i generally hate those really weak male leads but in this case, it just works really well.

I fully agree, on all points actually. Once I heard the rough synopsis behind this show a few weeks ago, it's all I've had on my mind(outside of Tytania. Damn you Tytania) and I must say, it didn't disappoint.

Having not read the manga, or played the VN I've gotta say will probably keep me occupied for at least another hour or two tonight. I feel as if my mind was just raped. Hard... I can't really help but feel confused after that, having such realistic illusions/delusions would be quite the nightmare. In the end, can't wait for next week, or the continuation of this series in general. *Check!*

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 11, 2008 11:07 PM

Nov 2007
That was an awesome 1st episode and I'm happy to see that they didn't take out the Myself Yourself illustrator.
Oct 11, 2008 11:14 PM

Jan 2008
5 bajillion dollars says they created the perfect girl and the pink haired girl is gonna kill her. YANDERE ALERT!

Freaking amazing series. Blew my expectations away. Perhaps even a new favorite??
Oct 11, 2008 11:20 PM

Aug 2007
Jesus. I thought I quit using the acid and LSD and shroom combination back when I was three years old. D:

And shitty subs are shitty. Have to find some better subs.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 11, 2008 11:22 PM

Nov 2007
m.3.3.w is shitty? D:
Unless you watched D-R or AoShen.
Oct 11, 2008 11:30 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know much about the plot and I never played the game so I really don't have the slightest clue as to what's going to happen in this anime, but I like what I'm seeing so far. It's shaping up to be one of the best ones of the fall season. I haven't seen anything like it so I hope it keeps going in this interesting direction.
Oct 11, 2008 11:37 PM

Nov 2007
Yay so glad this anime is out! ^^ I've been wanting to play the VN but it wasn't out in English (or at least I don't think it is...) but now I suppose I can settle for the anime~ So far it's rather strange... I was expecting to be all "zomg freaky turn it OFF DDD:" the whole time but I felt a lot of harem-y vibes~~ Still, I can't judge it by the first episode though.

EDIT ::
Perhaps this was way back when the VN just came out but I just find it creepy how these links work:

chielle_Oct 11, 2008 11:43 PM
Oct 11, 2008 11:56 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
Yeah... but I still don't like it.

I have to admit, I'm pretty confused. And confusing is generally interesting. But reading the synopsis again, I think I may bow out of this one. If the delusions were part of the story... meaning, what is he seeing and what is actually happening is confusing (re: murders, etc.), I'd love to watch it. But it seems like his delusions are all erotic, and that just doesn't impress me...
Oct 11, 2008 11:58 PM

Sep 2007
Yanderes! Yay! Feels kind of like Higurashi meets NHK.

I'm hoping the main character stays schizophrenic throughout the series. I enjoy practicing my deranged laugh with crazy characters.
Oct 12, 2008 12:04 AM

Jun 2007
hmm. lol, so not what i expected. *still likes it*

firstly, big YAY for m33w picking this up, and getting it in 720 PPPPPP
i found the kiss at the start rather... intriguing... i wonder... *has not read the novel yet*
the OP was good, i liked the song, and i know i have said that the animation is not that good, but after watching it a couple of times, it was actually rather nice.
the Typesetting from m33w was awesome, i dont know what i looked at more, the actual OP, or the karaoke xD
i knew i was expecting a hikkimori character.. but he made me laugh too much. it really went over my expectations. and i liked it.
i found the whole "whose eyes are those" rather interesting, this anime may be up for good.
i found takumi's delusions rather comical, even the ones that were supposed to be disturbing.
seira looks like a rather cute character.
yup, the guy's a hikkimori alright
i lol'd when he was so excited at the game. and well, i gotta say, it was interesting to see a chat reveal a criminal thing.... lol
Nanami is win. the sister is cute. and possibly a love interest ne? wait no, i would rather have nanami for myself, takumi can just go and die :D
i really found his delusions funny. thinking his sister was not using a cup in an indirect kiss xD
takumi is a mean brother.... he does not deserve nanami...
i can't believe he lives in such a place.... i can't believe that is allowed.... i can't believe he can ACTUALLY live there.... i can't believe he gets a good enough connection to play MMOs in such a place... i can't belive ITS BUTTER!
Rimi (pink haired girl?) was cute... but a little disturbing seeing her kill someone...
Takumi has too many figures....
and it seems like he triggered a bunch of flags without knowing... way to go guy who likes 2D girls over 3D girls....
in such a situation... i really would have thought all the contrary stuff from him....
and he could not resist her moe smile... lol
rimi at the end... lol, i want to see how this turns out.

and hopefully, the game will be finished translating soon... i want to play it badly xD

the ED was really nice too... liked it.

</long wall of text>
Oct 12, 2008 12:16 AM

Jan 2008
Surprisingly not impressed by this episode. Hope it'll get better later on.
Oct 12, 2008 12:19 AM

Sep 2007
The lead guys irritates me to tears. D: I mean, what is up with the all-anime-no-3d-girls thing he's got going on? A stereotype hikkikomori. ~_~"

What got me to watch this was the inexplicable gore. Suddenly walking into a girl who had just killed a man, who also happens to know who you are. o.o

I think I'll keep watching this, although it does get boring at some points.
pyroxerberusOct 12, 2008 12:22 AM
Oct 12, 2008 12:21 AM

Jan 2008
It's all right. It's hardly a mindfuck yet though.
I guess the coolest thing about this episode was that the links are actually real.
Oct 12, 2008 12:24 AM

Aug 2007
Kineta said:

I have to admit, I'm pretty confused. And confusing is generally interesting. But reading the synopsis again, I think I may bow out of this one. If the delusions were part of the story... meaning, what is he seeing and what is actually happening is confusing (re: murders, etc.), I'd love to watch it. But it seems like his delusions are all erotic, and that just doesn't impress me...

This is what makes the 'mystery' so interesting. Similar to Higurashi especially the Onikakushi and Tsumihoroboshi arcs, we see the protagonist trying to sort out which is real and which is just a manifestation of his/her own fears. Taku's delusions aren't even erotic. He is a die-hard otaku, meaning that the object of his desires are something to be worshiped.

While this is definitely not for everyone, it is still something you should consider watching. I for one think that they should make more visual novel adaptations like this one. The only ones we usually see released are generic love adaptations and your typical KyoAni/Key love story :S

That and this is technically Maho Shojo...who doesn't like a kick ass magical girl? xD
Oh and the yanderes...
Oct 12, 2008 1:31 AM

Feb 2008
This show is so messed up. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just weird as hell.

The lead guy is like a more fucked up version of myself, only I don't have delusions and have an imaginary anime girlfriend, and I'm a bit more mentally stable. I can relate to him quite a bit though.

Anyways, looking forward to more.
Oct 12, 2008 1:48 AM

Jun 2007
Wow, this was a nice breath of fresh air from all the recent comedy love story's and wacky stupid comedy shows. I'm interested in "who's watching him" but at the same time it feels like I already know.

Just curious but was the beginning the end? Meaning are they doing a flash back type story leading up to what we saw at the start, his death or semi dead state?
Oct 12, 2008 1:49 AM

May 2008
Interesting.
Oct 12, 2008 2:30 AM

Mar 2008
welcome the NHK + Higurashi = Chaos;Head? lol thats what it feels like almost and it seems like its going to get a big mix up of genres
Oct 12, 2008 3:02 AM

Aug 2008
One word...Rocks!
Though i didn't expect to make parody of google, yahoo and keroro...lol
5/5
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 12, 2008 3:19 AM
Sep 2008
i randomly found this on TT and to tell the truth i'm what the F... i'll have to keep watching it to figure it out...

This is the second show that has had me ??huh?? most of the time.
Oct 12, 2008 4:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
For some reason I expected more. The episode was okay but it's gotta pick up. I liked the OP song though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 12, 2008 5:10 AM

Sep 2007
I liked it lots but DRdidnt translate the chat scene so I got kinda confused.. Did any of the other subbers do it?

Oct 12, 2008 5:16 AM

Feb 2008
m33w translated the chat scene.

It was avarage for me, could be lot better if Takumi doesn't irritates me. :)
Oct 12, 2008 5:33 AM

Feb 2008
That was interesting and weird.
The character design is not really what I prefer but I will keep up watching this.
Now I want to live in a container too!
Oct 12, 2008 6:03 AM

Oct 2008
I'm expecting much of this, and possibly some mindfucks. Not the best first episode but can see already from the start that this will be a good show of this season.
Oct 12, 2008 7:32 AM

Jun 2008
I'm kinda disappointed from this episode
Oct 12, 2008 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
this episode wasn't very "weird" AT ALL, I think you guys are being too influenced by the premise/synopsis

i mean it probably will get bizarre but none of that was present in this episode
Oct 12, 2008 8:45 AM

Jun 2007
I have mixed feelings about this. There were things that I liked and things that I found terrible (particularly Miss Lil Sis). What actually annoys me is that people already compare this to Higurashi.
Oct 12, 2008 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
He lives in a container with an imaginary character?
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Oct 12, 2008 9:15 AM

Apr 2008
First Episode was ok.

I expected more from the start, but I will keep up watching this.

Oct 12, 2008 9:31 AM

Nov 2007
Better than I expected. Now if only I can get to finishing the visual novel... Well I look forward to seeing how this one turns out.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

1 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:07 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.