Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

New
Mar 22, 2023 5:54 PM

Jan 2021
For those who don't know Chaos Head NOAH has been out in english (with a good patch) for about 2 months now and really is a worthy prequel to steins gate. A shame that MADHOUSE picked up chaos head as a throwaway project when it could've been steins gate before steins gate. One of the biggest butchers of an adaptation ever. Up there with kanon 2002, tsukihime, and even berserk 2016, utter trash.
Mar 22, 2023 7:20 PM
Nov 2020
Fischer77 said:
For those who don't know Chaos Head NOAH has been out in english (with a good patch) for about 2 months now and really is a worthy prequel to steins gate. A shame that MADHOUSE picked up chaos head as a throwaway project when it could've been steins gate before steins gate. One of the biggest butchers of an adaptation ever. Up there with kanon 2002, tsukihime, and even berserk 2016, utter trash.

>be you
>pic related
Mar 22, 2023 8:04 PM
May 2022
I haven't finished the game but I liked the anime
Mar 22, 2023 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
I can agree that the anime is a botched adaptation but idk about it being 'up there with Steins;Gate'.
Mar 22, 2023 11:58 PM
Feb 2022
i Like the show and i Always love the showa that People put there Blood and sweet into making US watch this
Mar 23, 2023 12:52 AM

Oct 2012
Here I am trying to remember why I gave it a 9 to argue but... can't even remember what it's about. lol
[ Insert signature here ]
Mar 23, 2023 3:08 AM
Jun 2020
This anime is good but it would have been better if they made it to 24 episodes plus they added the chu chu and noah endings.
Mar 23, 2023 6:53 AM
Jun 2022
Fischer77 said:

Most overhated adaptation of all time
Mar 23, 2023 5:29 PM

Jan 2021
kcvthewrld said:
Fischer77 said:

Most overhated adaptation of all time
How is it overhated? its genuinely bad and quite frankly feels like an insult to the source material. The only thing the adaptation did right was the OPENING which goes soooo hard.
Mar 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Mar 2013
I don't know how they botched this but I pretty much enjoyed this nonetheless.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 26, 2023 8:31 AM

May 2016
SynapticBlast said:
I can agree that the anime is a botched adaptation but idk about it being 'up there with Steins;Gate'.

It's objectively better than Steins;Gate in lore wise (it does not have a single plothole and everything is explained while Steins;Gate has a lot of unanswered questions and inconsistencies).

The rest is subjective and for me C;H NoAH is better than S;G in almost every possible way (the sole exception is the characters, and that is only true because Okabe x Kurisu > everyone else)
-
Mar 26, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2016
At least the Chaos;Head anime was great in the 1st half.
その目だれの目?
Mar 26, 2023 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
SciADV_Maniac said:
SynapticBlast said:

It's objectively better than Steins;Gate in lore wise (it does not have a single plothole and everything is explained while Steins;Gate has a lot of unanswered questions and inconsistencies).

The rest is subjective and for me C;H NoAH is better than S;G in almost every possible way (the sole exception is the characters, and that is only true because Okabe x Kurisu > everyone else)
What can I say, you definitely are a Sci Adv maniac.
Nov 3, 2023 2:26 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to SciADV_Maniac
SynapticBlast said:

@SciADV_Maniac No spoilers please, I just started the Chaos;Head Noah VN and I'm in chapter 3, but I am really struggling to stay invested. I loved the Steins;Gate VNs (S;G, S;G0, LBP) largely because of the technology- and without that, C;H is not doing much for me. I also think I just really dislike the protagonist. I often got tired of Daru, and Takumi is giving Daru vibes quite a bit. Does the story get better?
Nov 3, 2023 4:24 PM

May 2016
Reply to MakiElbow
@SciADV_Maniac No spoilers please, I just started the Chaos;Head Noah VN and I'm in chapter 3, but I am really struggling to stay invested. I loved the Steins;Gate VNs (S;G, S;G0, LBP) largely because of the technology- and without that, C;H is not doing much for me. I also think I just really dislike the protagonist. I often got tired of Daru, and Takumi is giving Daru vibes quite a bit. Does the story get better?
@MakiElbow

Imho the story is stellar from the very beginning with its mystery and wtf moments. So I can't really answer to that question, because the story is great since the very beginning. It is not like Steins;Gate where there is a significant turning point and tonal shift in the middle, C;H keeps its mysterious, dark and horror-esque from the beginning to the end.

Takumi is usually a big filter, I understand that he is not likeable, but he isn't meant to be likeable at all. He will go through a big character development by the end. It's a core part of its character that he is basically a pathetic sh*t in the beginning.

I don't really get what do you mean you liked S;G because of the technology. S;G and C;H are deeply connected in this regard (no, don't get me wrong, there is no time travel in C;H)
-
Nov 3, 2023 6:08 PM

Aug 2021
Im qestioning myself
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2023 6:33 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to SciADV_Maniac
@MakiElbow

Imho the story is stellar from the very beginning with its mystery and wtf moments. So I can't really answer to that question, because the story is great since the very beginning. It is not like Steins;Gate where there is a significant turning point and tonal shift in the middle, C;H keeps its mysterious, dark and horror-esque from the beginning to the end.

Takumi is usually a big filter, I understand that he is not likeable, but he isn't meant to be likeable at all. He will go through a big character development by the end. It's a core part of its character that he is basically a pathetic sh*t in the beginning.

I don't really get what do you mean you liked S;G because of the technology. S;G and C;H are deeply connected in this regard (no, don't get me wrong, there is no time travel in C;H)
@SciADV_Maniac

I see. I’m definitely going to stick with it until the end, so hopefully that big character development you’re talking about will turn me around!
When I say I liked S;G because of the technology, I meant it in the sense that I am an engineering student and it was really fun seeing the characters talk about the things I studied in detail.

Hopefully I’ll like C;H more as things keep building up, thanks a lot for your insight!
Nov 4, 2023 1:49 AM

May 2016
Reply to MakiElbow
@SciADV_Maniac

I see. I’m definitely going to stick with it until the end, so hopefully that big character development you’re talking about will turn me around!
When I say I liked S;G because of the technology, I meant it in the sense that I am an engineering student and it was really fun seeing the characters talk about the things I studied in detail.

Hopefully I’ll like C;H more as things keep building up, thanks a lot for your insight!
@MakiElbow Oh there is a lot of scientific talk in C;H as well, you just have to wait and see. Iirc there is a lot of infodump in Chapters 4-5

Make sure you are using this translation patch by the way: http://sonome.dareno.me/projects/chn-patch.html
SciADV_ManiacNov 4, 2023 3:02 AM
-
Nov 4, 2023 9:45 AM
Oct 2019
Oh! Thank you, I will!
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
Actually started playing it yesterday. It's good. Never been much of a VN guy but the story's interesting at the very least.
Take care of yourself

More topics from this board

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

97 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 27, 2008

113 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.