Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2008 4:00 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Batou is going to save Major, hopefully and I wonder if Tachicoma has successfully hacked into one of the personnel in the submarine.
Jan 21, 2009 5:21 AM

May 2007
Batou is of course going to save Major. Need to watch the last episode now.
Mar 27, 2010 11:11 PM

Apr 2009
This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen...
Apr 17, 2010 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
Go go Batou! Although surprised the Major hasn't brought up anything personal yet.
Jul 28, 2010 12:48 PM

Dec 2008
Don't know if I can wait for Adult Swim to show the dubbed final episode. May have to watch the subs to find out what happens. This was really a great episode!!
Aug 4, 2010 2:33 PM

Feb 2009
I ship Major x Kuze...
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jan 25, 2011 9:07 PM

May 2010
Urufuzu_rein said:
I ship Major x Kuze...

This true, this true.

Kuze, please remember Motoko
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 12, 2011 12:44 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder if the Major will mention something personal. Good episode!
Dec 7, 2011 10:52 AM

Feb 2009
The first minutes of this episode were simply breath-taking...

The plan kuze is trying to achieve is basically sending everyone's spirits/ghosts into the net turning them into bodyless entities to form this spiritual network structure, what will most likely make them lose their individuality. It all sounds very pretty in theory, but that would be such a sad existence, it's depressing... and this is all going in a way very similar to the original GitS movie as far as Motoko is concerned, she is going "there" as well, leaving Batou with her memories.

I wouldn't be surprised if Motoko and Kuze end up as God-like entities in the network, working as guiders for the other folk. It's like turning a theoretically impossible religion into reality thanks to the advancement of technology. This is all very reminiscent of what happened with the main character in Serial Experimental Lain.

Man this series has concepts that are not very easy to grasp at first without some thinking, especially if you didn't have total and 100% attention and focus during its episodes, and I admit I got lost in a few.

Let's go to the last one.
VeethornDec 7, 2011 10:57 AM
Jan 19, 2012 11:12 PM

Jul 2009
Veethorn said:
The first minutes of this episode were simply breath-taking...

The plan kuze is trying to achieve is basically sending everyone's spirits/ghosts into the net turning them into bodyless entities to form this spiritual network structure, what will most likely make them lose their individuality. It all sounds very pretty in theory, but that would be such a sad existence, it's depressing... and this is all going in a way very similar to the original GitS movie as far as Motoko is concerned, she is going "there" as well, leaving Batou with her memories.

I wouldn't be surprised if Motoko and Kuze end up as God-like entities in the network, working as guiders for the other folk. It's like turning a theoretically impossible religion into reality thanks to the advancement of technology. This is all very reminiscent of what happened with the main character in Serial Experimental Lain.

Man this series has concepts that are not very easy to grasp at first without some thinking, especially if you didn't have total and 100% attention and focus during its episodes, and I admit I got lost in a few.

Let's go to the last one.

freaking amazing and thanks for the clear explanation :)

definitely an amazing episode, we get to know what Kuze inteds to do with his "Revolution"

plus the part where both Kuze and Motoko discussing and talking each other is heart warming :)

plus his ideals and the ideals of the Individual Eleven. he was able to break free of the virus and remain unaffected of it's influence.

why can't Motoko just flat out tell her that she is the girl who was supposedly died and had a full prosthetic body!!!!!!!

and yeah Batou gonna save Motoko will be amazing for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully the tachikoma's were able to somehow hack the submarines!!!!!!!!

and come on Prime Minister, use your authority in full force and get rid of that asshole chief cabinet.

last episode, fucking love the series and i hope the ending will be awesome!!!!!!

go go Batou, Motoko, Kuze and Section 9!!!!!!!!
SomaHeirJan 19, 2012 11:18 PM
Mar 14, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2010
Confucius said:

Kuze, please remember Motoko

Mon_Diamond said:
I wonder if the Major will mention something personal.

I'll be a bit disappointed if Kuze doesn't remember Motoko and an emotional scene pops up.
Oct 19, 2012 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
That was a pretty awesome episode! Kuze and Matoko working together!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 30, 2012 2:38 PM

May 2012
I was waiting for Kuze to remember Major.. But damn... anyway, off to the last episode!
Dec 26, 2012 1:25 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode again. It is interesting to see Kuze and Matoko working together. Looking forward to last episode.

Jan 3, 2013 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
Oh shit, Batou better save her! Pretty exciting episode and let's see how this sequel concludes in the finale.
Feb 17, 2013 9:49 AM

May 2012
Decent episode, the buildup is there so lets see what the last episode has to offer!
Apr 22, 2013 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
Shweeeet. Go Batou go! As Veethorn said, this is a similar situation to the original GitS movie where they will become a network structure with their ghosts. Glad S4 and S9 are now working together. I also hope that the Major and Kuze have some sort of nostalgic talk. Well, onto the last one.
hypochondriacApr 22, 2013 2:44 PM
Jun 15, 2013 5:02 PM

Apr 2013
A WOW episode indeed. Batou's brotherhood S4 unit. I'm too damn exited. Cant write anything more. Going to the finale episode.
Jan 29, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, always love Batou determination. ''Idiot, you thought I would let you die alone?''.
I didn't thought the eye was a symbol for Ranger.

Kuze idea was clever to save the people from the nuclear bomb. He doesn't remember our Major...

I really wonder what's in that Goda letter...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 17, 2014 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode interesting story that raises many questions, some being resolved, others still to be deciphered, it leaves you in suspense until the end, Great!
The feeling of belonging, always makes inroads into the hearts.
The finish does not seem to bode well.
The plot will give the maximum with the last episode? It would be the apotheosis.
Narration increasingly tight, my heart is going to very much!
Feb 17, 2015 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
LOL, idk but Batou's jogging at the end felt inspiring. Great episode, can't wait to see how this concludes. I hope Batou reaches Motoko in time, and I hope Kuze remembers her ;<
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 23, 2015 1:53 AM
Nov 2014
Hopefully Batou doesn't die in the final episode xD.
May 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
So Kuze's trying to go for some internet instrumentality of sorts huh? Once again it seems like this series will end with Motoko allying with a once perceived foe to hopefully expose a third party. At least all sides on Dejima are on the same page now. Goddamn it I don't want to see this end. 3rd Gig where?
Aug 13, 2015 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
Sort of weird how the attack team happened to be Batou's former buddies or whatever.

Looks like they're saving all the good stuff for the last episode. I hope it delivers.
Feb 22, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
Oh!, they finally meet, I hope things will be well.
Great Episode.
Oct 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
So only one episode left, I'm not as pumped for it as much as a lot of other people I guess.
Jan 16, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2016
Damn it only one episode left, this was one of the most greatest episodes I have ever watched.
I always wondered why Batou's eyes were like that so he was a fromer Ranger really nice.
And I'm shipping Kuze x Major well knownjng that won't ever happen it's really painful.
Sep 26, 2018 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Had some heartwarming and epic thrills at the same time and this show greatly balances them out nicely. Kuze's plan quite vague to understand and credit to Veethorn's explanation for this matter. The moment kuze said major 'who are you' made me sad..
Jun 10, 2019 3:57 PM

Apr 2014
Jesus, I'm stressing out.
Dec 17, 2019 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Kuze's plan is insane, might as well kill them all. At least I would rather die than getting digitized.

And (friendzoned xD) Batou to the rescue. So hyped for the finale.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 2020 4:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Why is this so good? All the guys making those hype shows that are so big nowadays should sit down and watch these last episodes of 2nd Gig, This is how you do high stakes, end of the world action that feels raw and authentic.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 13, 2021 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
Major..... Don't do that..

It's the second to last episode and Kuze still doesn't remember Major.
And Major didn't mention anything personal :(
Jan 30, 2023 8:39 PM
Oct 2017
Merge with the web?? Oh my god, dear anime, can you stop recreating Evangelion, for 5 minutes??? 5 minutes??? If I had a coin for every time an anime mentioned the concept of merging people into one being, I would have like... 4 coins, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened these many times. We have Evangelion, Kaiba, Code Geass, and now Ghost in the Shell, and I have to give credit to Evangelion that it at least explored how it would feel like in its two original episodes 25 and 26, instead of just mentioning the concept and not exploring it at all. Like, there is nothing new original under the sun, right? The fact the idea is mentioned here again is not the problem, but the problem is your execution! And when your execution is the same as others (that is, of having no execution of the idea at all) that just makes me mad!

But anyway, I'm not that angry, I just feel like I would like this concept actually explored because it gives some beautiful ideas and plot points to explore, instead of making it something to fight against. Instrumentality can be a beautiful concept and it is not something trans-humanism should necessarily fight against, but explore as an optional alternative. Like I am still frustrated how the anime series didn't explore the merging identities concept the original Ghost in the Shell movie planted over, it had so much potential, and no.

I do get a bit bored with the stone faced Major at times, I am waiting that at least she takes a piece of paper soon and she shows Kuze she can do paper planes now, that would make for a nice moment, but still, Batou stole the show, he cares about her deeply and in that I relate to him well, I hope he can rescue her, he almost made me shed a tear.

Go and get her, Batou!
PhixiatelyJan 30, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 3, 1:33 PM
Dec 2018
The style of the episode was good and the last episode had good suspense

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Oct 5, 2008

59 by Feli_Esmeralder »»
Yesterday, 12:07 PM

» Is Gouda Kazund the most underrated villain/antagonist ever?

Sasakop - Mar 21, 2023

4 by Darkfiend47 »»
Mar 30, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Oct 9, 2008

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

39 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

42 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.