Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2023 8:39 AM
Mar 2023
While Johan  is arguably the most popular villain in anime, partly thanks to the Monster's cult status, imo Gouda Kazundo is amuch better develoved and intruging villlain, he dpes not kill a single person yet his actions cause the death of many and his face definitely fits his character, complete oppposite ofJ ohan.

A more thorough review  of the character https://www.reddit.com/r/Ghost_in_the_Shell/comments/4xfohy/kazundo_gouda_is_the_best_villain_in_the_history/
Mar 21, 2023 10:25 AM
Oct 2020
An interesting opinion. Gotta re-visit SAC 2nd GIG to understand him better.
Mar 21, 2023 3:58 PM

Nov 2021
I don't know if i'd call him the most underrated but he seems fairly underdiscussed yeah and I could see myself potentially agreeing with what you said about him compared to Johan honestly - but i'd like to revisit SAC 2 first. Will say I found Kuze more interesting though if I had to choose between the 2 main antagonists being underrated or underdiscussed
AWGXXXMar 21, 2023 4:03 PM
Mar 23, 2023 6:17 AM
Mar 2023
AWGXXX said:
I don't know if i'd call him the most underrated but he seems fairly underdiscussed yeah and I could see myself potentially agreeing with what you said about him compared to Johan honestly - but i'd like to revisit SAC 2 first. Will say I found Kuze more interesting though if I had to choose between the 2 main antagonists being underrated or underdiscussed
While Kuze might be called an antagonist he is definitely not a villain whereas Gouda is a villain through and through.
Mar 30, 5:19 AM
Mar 2016
I JUST finished SAC 2nd GIG rn and I would 100% agree that he's one of THE most underrated and best villains ever. I never ever heard of anyone mentioning Gouda till now. It's interesting that while we can speculate, we as a viewer don't know whether he was directly involved or not, till we find out that he's the godamn mastermind. I've always loved manipulative villains for some reason. Johan (Monster), Tsurumi (Golden Kamuy), Izaya (Durarara), Askeladd (Vinalnd Saga) etc and now Gouda, he fits in there perfectly. He's the absolute best at it. He's always maneuvering the scene from the shadows and he's always on top till the very end, even besting an elite unit like S9. The way he single handedly steered the situation to a point that it went nuclear. He also went down epically getting shred down by a machine gun. I'd love to see more people talk about him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Oct 5, 2008

59 by Feli_Esmeralder »»
Apr 24, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Oct 9, 2008

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 25 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

33 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

39 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

42 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.