Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2008 12:39 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
...so they're finally going back down to earth.

Robin and Nami have fine outfits as always. Always nice to see them wearing new stuff.

...are we ever going to go get that goddamn one piece? Im thinking not for a LONG LONG time. If this series wasnt as popular as it is, it would have ended a long time ago :P
Found it funny how they were all flipping out on how to spend their riches. And of course their boat didnt blow up... damn. Really wish they'd decide on buying a new boat but thats probably for another arc...

and for the cliffhanger... WHAT LUCK! HAHAHA....

Still wish there was an official map of their travels so far. I mean i still remember back in episode 30 or so when they showed that overhead view of the grandline and i saw this big land mass splitting the grand line right down the middle. Isn't Raftel that halfway point in the grandline?

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 27, 2009 9:53 PM

Feb 2009
I liked the arc, the story was good, had great characters, it was filled with action and fighting and a lot of hilarious and crazy ass episodes. One thing I didn't understand though amd I guess ti was never/yet explained... who was the "ghost" that Usopp saw that fixed the Going Merry in the Sacrificial Altar?

Oh and I've seen Pandaman for the first time!!1 He was among the crowd when the old Shandian was giving his speech.
Oct 28, 2009 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
Veethorn said:
.. who was the "ghost" that Usopp saw that fixed the Going Merry in the Sacrificial Altar?

soon my friend, soon you'll see)
youwill be amazed)
Oct 30, 2009 7:39 PM

May 2008
smokes said:
Veethorn said:
.. who was the "ghost" that Usopp saw that fixed the Going Merry in the Sacrificial Altar?

soon my friend, soon you'll see)
youwill be amazed)
So their is an answer for who that person is...
Dec 29, 2009 10:07 PM

Jul 2007
AHHH The Blue Sea!! It’s such a relief to see that luffy’s crew made it back to the blue sea. I was starting to miss the ocean cause the Skypia arc was in a completely different place and setting then the previous arcs. What a cliff hanger though, they finally touch down on the bottom only to be surrounded by spot lights, my guess is there marines. Can’t wait for the next arc. Should be awesome :p

I have to agree with Veethorn, I really did like this arc. It was kind of slow at first, once they got to upper yard, things quickly started falling into place But there was lots of action, lots of comedy, The back story between Calgara and Norland was one of my most favorite parts in the entire series so far. With out a doubt, ODA truly pulled no stops on giving you a very satifying back story that tied into the sky island, the shandians and the entire story surrounding Jaya island. It was just amazing! This was even better then nami's and zoro's back story imo.

One piece never seaced to amaze me like this. I love how ODA just throws in little hints here and there that you may not catch if your not careful. Like the ghost that Usopp saw onboard the ship. I am glad that will be explained later, I was also wondering bout that. ODA makes you think that those scenes are not a big deal almost like there plot holes in the story and then he reveals the full story bout it in the future arcs, its just amazing. I can’t wait to see who that guy really was. I do have a few guesses who it might be but I wont say anything just incase some one replies and tells me im right lol. I want to be surprised.

I really can't believe people say this arc is the worst arc of one piece. You guys really need to look hard and see the true character development in the series. At first i thought it was just going to end up being something like Arabasta but the introduction to the entire history of the island at the end of the arc really gave me such a very satisfying conclusion to this arc. It will forever remain one of my most favorite moments.

Calgara and norland! Hope to see you again in another world! ODA you are a true genious :D

ArtimesGamerMar 24, 2010 2:13 AM

Dec 30, 2009 12:56 AM

Apr 2009
next episodes are fillers)
tho this arc is the best filler..
Jan 4, 2010 4:20 AM

Oct 2008
Haha, I <3ed their reaction of the "freefall". Yeah this arc was enjoyable, was kinda slow though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 11, 2010 2:16 AM

May 2008
LOL Luffy playing with the marine lmao

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 25, 2010 8:00 AM

Oct 2009
I would expect Oda to bring back the "ghost" fixing the Going Merry, but not the gauntlet that Gan Fall gave to Nami. Unless it's still on the ship...

Ranivus said:
Still wish there was an official map of their travels so far. I mean i still remember back in episode 30 or so when they showed that overhead view of the grandline and i saw this big land mass splitting the grand line right down the middle. Isn't Raftel that halfway point in the grandline?

You mean the Red Line? No, that's where they started. They're going east down the Grand Line. Unless maybe there was a big chunk of land down that road...I don't remember.
Apr 21, 2010 9:07 AM

Nov 2009
I loved this arc. Calgara and Norland story always makes me cry. Lmfao@freefall. And yes. Everything comes together as the story goes on. Just you guys wait and see. :)
May 18, 2010 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
The first time I watched One Piece I also thot this arc wasn't as good as the others were but appreciated it for being the first time I understood Oda-sensei was more of a story teller than a mangaka. But this time thru, my third, I really appreciate what an amazing story he was able to put together here, starting from before the Straw Hats reached Jaya and all the way until they leave, everything is so well tied together, I'm glad I can now appreciate it for what it is, a huge, epic fairy tale which just so happens to involve Luffy and co.
May 23, 2010 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
WTF they landed on the Marine's base. xD

4/5
Dec 16, 2010 2:19 AM

May 2010
Zoro is so damn funny! LOLSS Suddenly waking up where he thought he was still in the war was hella funny! >.<
Jan 13, 2011 10:20 PM

Sep 2009
When Zoro made the comment abt how Chopper would go to Skypeia when he dies or at least a place like it... made me wonder.

I mean it WAS ridiculous that all those ppl lived after Enel electrocuted them.

Heh, maybe they were all already dead XD
Mar 30, 2011 2:05 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good arc, everything tied together very well and it provided some intrigue for future developments.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 11, 2011 10:48 AM

Dec 2010
Good arc, but what happened to Enel? Is he in Fairy Vearth now?
Jul 3, 2011 12:52 AM

Aug 2010
A splendid arc, Loved all of the characters and the fight scenes. Definitely one of my favorite arcs
Jul 4, 2011 3:55 AM

Jul 2007
Mindnor said:
Good arc, but what happened to Enel? Is he in Fairy Vearth now?

That... is a mystery for another time

Jul 25, 2012 4:15 PM

Sep 2009
They sure had one hell of an adventure this time round :) Yume no Sekai.
Aug 11, 2012 6:30 AM

Feb 2012
I liked all the crew's interactions in this episode and also Usopp swinging down and putting all the dials on the bottom of the ship, the man has come a long way...
Aug 11, 2012 10:47 AM

Mar 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
WTF they landed on the Marine's base. xD

4/5

This^^ haha i loled so hard :D
Aug 16, 2012 5:11 AM

Feb 2009
No one noticed how Nami's shirt says "Evil"
Also, tis arc was awesome

Just a heads for those who don't want to see sh*tty fillers, skip to episode 207
Hate fillers
Sep 5, 2012 7:13 PM

May 2009
I thought this arc was the best one so far, with a great story, engaging fights and a thrilling climax. However, just like Alabasta, the ending left me underwhelmed. It was simply another 'Luffy defeats bad guy' finale, without any remarkable moments or twists. As usual, nobody died, despite being fried to death countless times. I've noticed that One Piece suffers from this 'predictable and happy ending' syndrome, which impedes it from being a truly remarkable show.
Sep 16, 2012 3:58 PM

Mar 2010
that looked like a ton of fun.. lol about landing somewhere unwanted..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 12, 2013 1:04 AM
Jan 2013
Haha I should be used to this by now, I totally didn't expect that ending! It made me laugh, trouble always seems to find them...or more like they always seem to stumble upon it...x]
Jul 21, 2013 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
Great to see the crew back to the blue ocean. But wait, they landed in a Marine base! xD I guess that's where they will leave the stolen gold behind.
Sep 1, 2013 3:25 PM
Aug 2013
Well...
Jaya's island was really nice... my favorite of the series, good build up mostly...

Skypiea followed the same cliche format, so the story wasn't good tbh, but Nolan?'s flashback was nice, and some of the details of technology were cool and interesting, so overall I'd say they at least finished the backstory of the liar very well...

But this mantra thing felt like it came out of nowhere, I hope it stays in Skypiea as its own thing and not be thrown out to everyone (maybe one of the crew mates might learn it though)

Well, time ti skip the fillers now :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2010
CeeTwo said:
Well, time ti skip the fillers now :)

Don't.

The following filler arc is held in very high regard for a reason. If you ever make an exception on skipping fillers, it should be this one.
Sep 1, 2013 3:46 PM
Aug 2013
but the next story is supposed to be the best or whatever :/
I wanna see it now T.T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1.

Jul 30, 2015 1:47 AM

Jan 2014
I like episodes like this one.
I wonder what their next adventure will be~
Aug 14, 2015 7:57 AM

Mar 2015
"Zoro, are you sure you're going to heaven when you die?"

LOL
Sep 12, 2015 5:06 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
they suerly are followed by bad luck lol

Oct 23, 2015 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Skypiea was pretty awesome, it wasn't as good as Alabasta and the arc meandered towards the middle but man once the arc reached its climax things got beyond epic.
Dec 26, 2015 10:20 AM

Mar 2015
Sickly_Grin said:
I thought this arc was the best one so far, with a great story, engaging fights and a thrilling climax. However, just like Alabasta, the ending left me underwhelmed. It was simply another 'Luffy defeats bad guy' finale, without any remarkable moments or twists. As usual, nobody died, despite being fried to death countless times. I've noticed that One Piece suffers from this 'predictable and happy ending' syndrome, which impedes it from being a truly remarkable show.

those are exactly my thoughts but im hoping this will change...its not like we'll see those guys again, right? it wouldnt affect the main story much if some of them would have just died and it would've given the story a greater impact
Feb 28, 2016 10:03 PM

May 2013
I knew there was gonna be a drop for them xD even Going Merry's eyeballs fell out of its sockets bwahhahahaaa! XD

Usopp is so valient when the octopus shrank! Noiceeeee. Maybe his balls are finally growing LOL.

I want some coffee from Sanji... ;3

@ Mindnor, Enel's destination was the moon aka Fairy Vearth, so that's where he is.
Apr 5, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder what is Cricket going to do now that he knows where is what his ancestor saw
Jul 17, 2016 2:14 AM

Mar 2015
That was a fun drop back down!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 15, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2016
And with that the Strawhats fall "peacefully" back to Earth
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 14, 2017 6:54 PM

Mar 2012
That Octopus is not a reliable way to make it back down safely >_> Of all the places to land it had to be what seems like a navy base xD
Nov 7, 2017 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
It took me a great amount of time to finish this arc, as I found it very little interesting... So I stopped around 17? something, around the last priest, and for some months I've had a One Piece break, just because I felt like this took forever. So finally I thought to myself to finish this, so I did, and after all those priest where gone, and we got more back-story of the tribe warriors, and more of the puzzle, suddenly, Skypiea started to become really really good, so I'm very happy I continued it, since, I'm not a guy who skips, but I was at some point considering it... Norland and the Tribe leader, those where some of the best 3 episodes I've ever seen thus far, and I would have missed it. Also, did Enel fly towards the moon?
May 20, 2018 12:47 PM

Jun 2016
An arc that had an amazing backstory, an amazing start in Jaya, and a good conclusion but not much else. Easily the worst fights in the series, some of the worst villains- definitely the worst in potential wasted being Enel. The worst paced arc which ended up moving at a snails pace nor offering anything substantial that wouldn't have been done if it was cut in half. The world building was mostly rule of cool, angel wings that don't have functionality existing back on the original Shandians so I've heard, roller coaster cloud paths, and Enel's position of Skypiea being unnatural not really being explored at all apart from showing some construction. I suppose what I'm saying is that everything in this arc that wasn't Skypiea was great. The meat of the arc was mediocre in One Piece standards but nonetheless watchable. At least for me, backstory and themes cannot carry an arc that lacks in world building, has bad fights that take up a large portion of screen time, lack of main character importance and development, and lack of steady focused pacing. The Shandians may have been better explored than the Alabasta rebels but other than that Alabasta did nearly everything better. If you cut out Calgara and Noland then I hardly care for this arc at all, I appreciate the supporting characters, some ideas, however that doesn't warrant such a long and slow arc that does everything else disappointingly.

Even though I complimented the conclusion, the fact that no one died or that it didn't focus on anyone who died, and the only ones who could have were no names, makes the stakes in this arc feel null. Sure the land was destroyed but that has only promoted both groups to live in harmony, in a weird way it's a good thing. This also makes the already boring Enel feel like a pathetic baby who couldn't even do one thing he set out to do. Not only are his powers absurdly unexplained, with his mantra and the concept of mantra's not being pursued enough, but his actual strength is questionable too. He wasn't able to seriously hurt anyone, including a NORMAL guy named Pagaya who got hit directly by judgement. Seriously... I know it wouldn't be One Piece, yet I still think some arcs ending not perfectly happy, perhaps with some death being done, and some Shandians not wanting Gan Fall to rule, would be an amazing new and more serious direction One Piece could go. It could end on a melancholic, somewhat bittersweet note, and still be going in the direction of unity and reform, which then we could revisit and see that the hurt Shandians and Skypieans ended up getting along and getting over their losses. That would be, yes not One Piece, but something much more special, to me at least.

Aisa is adorable. I love the fact that Laki is going to stop cutting her hair because no matter how much she calls herself a warrior, her fighting is over and she can go back to being a little girl. :) This was one part of the conclusion that I support entirely.

I wonder if the upcoming filler will break the same log pose rules the last did, basically making it a giant plot hole of filler.

The Straw Hats leaving with the bells toll, being seen as saviors of Skypiea, was so similar to Noland leaving Calgara and the Shandians in the same manner. It's touching.

Usopp swinging under the ship and applying dials to keep it afloat was amazing! You're so cool Usopp!

I think it's a really interesting direction to end this arc with their ship floating across the grand line out of of their control right into a new one. I wasn't expecting that.
May 23, 2018 1:43 PM

Jun 2017
This mark the end of the Skypiea arc you get me they landed back on the Blue Sea you know it was funny out of all the places they could have land they landed in the Marine base if I'm correct.

I heard there are fillers coming out so I will be watching 2 or 3 episodes to see how it goes you get me because some people told me that these are the best fillers in the show but obviously everyone has their own perception of what's good.

You know which part was awesome the Shandians,they have full on believe that there will be no more war,they were talking about getting rid of the weapons and everything 400 years what not and nonstop fighting and they come to know that there is no need for that. It's like guarantee peace for now that is beautiful you know what I mean,and they way they were ringing and Luffy and his crew were coming down like they were saying the bell is coming off so if you guys can hear it means you guys are welcome again that was beautiful yo. I wonder if we see these guys back later in the story. Do we go back there lol?

You know what part was awesome too? when the guy said "Is it me or does Luffy remind you of Gol D. Roger" The Pirate King Yoo. When he said that part you can't help but get shivers in your body. And when he said that Robin said yeah.
and they said that Gol D. Roger came there 20 years ago you get me and that all the Poneglyphs are linked to an extent because there is one of them that give you important information and other lead you to a way.

When you think about it Skypiea Arc had valuable information you know,it's a shame if anyone had skipped this.

And that's funny man Zoro everyone was worried and shit and Zoro just said it was just a dream LMAO,at first I said I couldn't get used to the One Piece comedy but now I HOPE THE COMEDY NEVER GET DOWN.

CHECK OUT YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR GREATNESS : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBB704NbCItpMA7VhSQmQg
Dec 3, 2019 9:25 AM

Oct 2018
For a filler section it was pretty damn good.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 30, 2020 5:03 AM

May 2016
It was already difficult as hell to get up to the Sky Islands but the way down's not giving up without a fight in terms of fear factor despite arguably being safer than the former. Usopp was awesome for risking his life to save the ship with his new breath dials even if the effects only lasted for a few seconds.

Welp. Looks like they've jumped from the frying pan and straight into the fire. They're in front of a Marine Base oof

Dec 15, 2020 5:38 AM
Dec 2020
Yeyyy
I finished Skypiea
It wasn't that bad afterall
Mar 6, 2021 8:21 AM

Sep 2012
Its quite surprising how Going Merry is holding up till now. Sooner or later they're gonna need to change ships.
May 15, 2021 1:47 PM

Jun 2019
Out of the frying pan, into the fire. XD
May 30, 2022 9:41 AM

Jan 2021
And now we’re back this arc was really good it would be cool if they went back to Skypia later on and it was also nice of the navy to great them back from there trip 💀
Jul 8, 2022 2:05 PM
Feb 2022
Y con esto termina el arco de skipea. Apenas llegaron al mundo de abajo, y ya tienen a los marinos tras de ellos. No pueden tener un respiro.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

25 by Jony_ »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 362 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jul 17, 2008

59 by bakakisima »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

329 by ThreeSwordStyle7 »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ironkarma - Jul 15, 2008

77 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

11 by Spartacus2525 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.