Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 22, 2012 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Mayaka the star of this episode tbh.

But of course, Eru is also curious and those cute purple eyes says it all.

Intermission quote:
When the light and dark are in balance

And what a cooking battle, Hyouka style with the curious Eru, enthusiastic Satoshi, and spunky Makaya. Great episode!
Stark700Jul 22, 2012 8:32 PM
Jul 22, 2012 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
Sempai that childhood girl had argument with last ep. didn't care? And she asked her to do posters.

She finally got one person who's willing to help selling the magazine. The sempai from previous "movie" arc also taught her about how to take care stuff.

Cooking competition time! Wow @ Chitanda's cooking!! But she likes cooking to the extend that she used all the ingredients!! Childhood girl, with leftover ingredients and the powder the guy gave (he got from another club earlier), made fried shrimp don in 5 min.?!

Stolen thing again??

They are actually going to investigate that "Juumonji incident" next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 22, 2012 11:57 AM

Aug 2008
Houtarou, the backstage MVP.
Jul 22, 2012 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
え e
?

お o
Otama from Oryouri kenkyukai / A ladle from Cooking club

oryouri is the same “ryouri” as sushi , osushi .
This “o” is sometimes used for expressing politeness and so on.
Jul 22, 2012 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
Oreki helping from the "shadows" :P
Next episode the investigation of the case about the stolen things begins, and Chitanda will use what he learned with Iris-senpai, it seems.
Jul 22, 2012 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
Fell in love with Mayaka in this episode.

Back to investigations and manipulations next episode, huzzah!
Jul 22, 2012 3:59 PM

Mar 2011
Mayaka was a winner in this ep!
Really exciting ep, I loled whne Chitanda used all the ingredients.
Houtaro <3
5/5
Jul 22, 2012 3:59 PM

Jun 2012
Hyouka makes everything epic. Love how it's all presented.

Irisu is hot.
Jul 22, 2012 4:02 PM

Dec 2011
This episode clearly contains the essence of a school festival!!!

Chitanda used up all the ingredients.
Mayaka is so spunky and brimming of energy in this episode!

All the things that started from the fountain pen of Oreki converted to a pin to a gun to a wheat flour became so much useful! I knew there is something behind those conversion.

Probably on the next episode, hopefully can focus on those missing things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2012 4:10 PM

Nov 2008
Even though this is a "mystery" anime, it is episodes like this one that really make this anime what it is.

Although I wish that Oreki would have saved the day in a more dramatic way, by running all the way to the field to deliver the flour, but I guess that we shouldn't expect that from him.

Anyway, it seems that Chitanda will be employing her new "skills" next week! I can't wait, but she should use them only on Oreki! lol
Jul 22, 2012 4:33 PM
Nov 2011
Chitanda was so cute in this episode.
Jul 22, 2012 4:43 PM

Dec 2011
Great ep~ I think this is probably the best presentation of a School cultural festival ive seen in any anime, as many people have said before it pays good of attention to detail and atmosphere. Those manga posters were nice :3 Also Oreki has helped so many people without even moving a step xD Mayaka<3

Though this episode made me really hungry -_-. Finally Oreki gets back into the spotlight next week :D
Jul 22, 2012 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
Not that much happened... Oh well, am hungry now though..

Jul 22, 2012 4:49 PM

Jun 2012
I like the slow build-up towards the next mystery. I think a lot of tiny details in the episodes we've seen so far are going to become relevant; remember the fuss down in the courtyard as Houtarou was leaning out the window in episode 12?

I had a feeling whatever was happening there at the time was going to be part of the mystery and student council president (I think) pretty much confirmed that in this episode, i.e. the stolen drink.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Though I wonder how longer there're going to stretch this arc? I really want this series to end by tying up the loose ends of the first arc (i.e. the saga of Sekitani Jun), because you may have noticed, three questions remain unanswered.
Albert Einstein said:
Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.
Jul 22, 2012 4:49 PM

Mar 2009
I give up this isnt going to get better.
Jul 22, 2012 4:50 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't actually like Mayaka much before...but in this episode she was just so...so cute that i couldnt help and love her *q*
To be honest i wanted Team Astronomy Club to win XD it was so priceless:

5/5 though i really want mystery, and i guess i will get it in next episode :D
Sugita Tomokazu as some random char FTW.

Edit: Wide image in spoilers please.
KinetaAug 14, 2012 8:57 AM
Jul 22, 2012 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
Another episode with less mystery. Yay \o/
Eru was so cute again. And the scene with Fuyumi was so funny. Ah, typically clumsy Eru. :D
I like this Arc way better than the last one, I must say.
Jul 22, 2012 5:04 PM

Nov 2011
Barely any dialogue from Houtarou but still a really funny episode.
Jul 22, 2012 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
lol instead of coming all the way and handing the flour by himself he just called for Satoshi X"DD that's sooo Oreki lmao
i never thought cooking contest can get this epic woah Mayaka you're sugoi! <3
i can't to see Chitanda using her new 'skill' ¬‿¬
HekshiJul 22, 2012 5:12 PM
Jul 22, 2012 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
Loved the contest!
I really love this school festival! It's awesome to see some side character again!
Irisu sure is a evil one HAHAHA and I love her high pitch "haaaa?", it betrayed her character. XD

Mayaka is so cute because she's in love ^///^
KuriniJul 22, 2012 5:21 PM
Jul 22, 2012 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
Never before has a cooking contest in anime been so exciting.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 22, 2012 5:13 PM

Jun 2010
SUGITA JUST MADE THIS EPISODE BY HIS "WATASHI KININARIMASU"

I enjoyed the whole episode. What a ride.

Loled at Eru and Irisu scene. Specially with that Irisu's "haaa". So hot. Poor Chitanda not even noticing that Irisu just trolled her.

Mayaka was just cute this episode. I really loled at Sugita's character. Can't stop laughing when I heard his voice specially with that mask his character is wearing. Great to see Misaki again! So moe! That devil cooking! I wonder what are they making lol.

Sugita's lines are just epic. "Intense fireeeeeee" "Fire Tower!!" His punchlines are always the best.

Oreki saves the day! LOL. Can't imagine he made the Classics Club won. He just sat there all day and passed the flour. Oreki with his full of effort shouting.

Finally, the mystery will begin again next episode. But this episode wasn't bad. I had so much fun.
Jul 22, 2012 5:19 PM

Jul 2008
Marow said:

You have not seen Yumeiro Patisserie.

~

Once again, the mystery doesn't seem like that big of a deal. A stolen ladle here, a stolen piece of a game there, a stolen drink. And all with notes saying they will be returned after the festival.

I am curious about who did it, but it isn't really that pressing of an issue.
Jul 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2012
I loved that conversation between Chitanda and Irisu. Dem eyes. And the cooking contest was really entertaining.
Jul 22, 2012 5:29 PM

Jun 2010
GREAT JOB OREKI!!

Jul 22, 2012 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
GarLogan78 said:
Marow said:

You have not seen Yumeiro Patisserie.

~

Once again, the mystery doesn't seem like that big of a deal. A stolen ladle here, a stolen piece of a game there, a stolen drink. And all with notes saying they will be returned after the festival.

I am curious about who did it, but it isn't really that pressing of an issue.

I think that's part of the charm of this anime though. Nothing in this anime is really a pressing issue. However, I find myself in Eru's shoes going "I'm curious!" when I see the small, quaint mystery unveil themselves before the Classics Club.

I guess part of what makes this anime so interesting is it's much more realistic than your typical anime. There aren't any impossible scenarios, fighting mechs, children with superpowers...just four ordinary HS kids living out their daily lives...which this anime somehow makes interesting.
Jul 22, 2012 5:33 PM

Feb 2012
Irisu was an automatic win for this episode, even she couldn't resist Chitanda's eyes, I really want her to be part of the main cast but I have to live with the little screen time she gets.

Mayaka impressed me, she managed to do all that stuff in only seven minutes, loved the gestures Chitanda and Satoshi were making earlier.

What was going on with Misaki, was her dish even edible?!
Jul 22, 2012 5:33 PM

Mar 2012
This was another excellent, highly enjoyable episode!

The cooking contest was great, particularly Mayaka's contributions to it. The festival arc has been amazing. There's so much brilliant detail, energy, and beautiful animation in every episode. I'm hoping the conclusion is just as dynamic and interesting.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode, considering the mystery seems to take center stage.
Jul 22, 2012 5:36 PM

Aug 2010
Eru was so kawaii :3

Finally, next episode the mystery behind all those disappearances and more of the genius Oreki.
Jul 22, 2012 5:38 PM

Mar 2011
Hard work, Oreki? lol
Very enjoyable episode
I really like Mayaka in this episode
Jul 22, 2012 5:42 PM
May 2010
Hehe looks of cuteness in this ep from Eru, Mayaka, and Irisu, the "haa!" was adorable, maybe Eru will make Irisu al dere dere, lol just kidding.

But seriously this anime really does have some of the best culture festival representation ever, really has that fun, togetherness, festive feel/atmosphere to it.
ON to the episode!!
Mayaka's club issue is solved(?) pending due to her not really caring while also knowing/remembering the title, loose thread #1,
Irisu passes on the knowledge of coercion to our pure Eru, oh the horror that awaits us(Oreki) all. He already couldnt resist her, hehe. Mayaka really got some spotlight this ep which was nice finally seeing her smile and out of her gloom/guilt.
Satoshi's cooking battle!!! looks like the advertisement for Classics club went well with all the commotion. But looks like he had his fill of fun with this one too.
Finally, the last boss makes her appearance! Eru s' really good at cooking the daikon was amazing, the peeling cooking like four dishes, *clap clap* (that kinda sounded sarcastic, hmm not meant to be)
but really shes really awesome at cooking, another one of her amazing talents!
And Oreki in true faith of his motto only exerting effort to call Satoshi over to save the day, hehe.
But really that good luck charms really coming in handy, eh? It was funny seeing Oreki get worked up too though, hehe.
Connections seem to be really important this time, what with all the trading and then the thefts, hmm, well we'll see!?
lol, in the preview we see Eru putting her new skills to work, wonder what for an ad? or for the mystery?

O, and also Misaki! she was adorable in this ep, with her dark cooking and evil little laugh hehe haha!
well, heres til next week for the next episode! Can't wait!!!~
kyros1226Jul 22, 2012 5:45 PM
Jul 22, 2012 5:54 PM

Jul 2010
Bagonirix said:
I give up this isnt going to get better.

I was thinking the same thing: "How could it get better, it is pure perfection!" Yet somehow, it continues to improve!

Did Chitanda really need a tutorial on how to get what she wants? She has those amazing eyes! Nobody can resist them! LOL!

Mayaka was fantastic in this ep. Chitanda's cooking is amazing! She is destined to go from alluring, curious school girl with amazing eyes to Yamato nadeshiko when she is an adult! :)
Jul 22, 2012 5:58 PM

Aug 2010
This week's Iron Chef was pretty good.
Jul 22, 2012 6:14 PM

Jan 2012
I'm so surprised at how much I was enjoying myself when I was watching this episode.
Jul 22, 2012 6:33 PM

Apr 2012
Hekshi_Sekshi said:
lol instead of coming all the way and handing the flour by himself he just called for Satoshi X"DD that's sooo Oreki lmao
i never thought cooking contest can get this epic woah Mayaka you're sugoi! <3
i can't to see Chitanda using her new 'skill' ¬‿¬

Well he couldn't just leave his post right?
Jul 22, 2012 6:35 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Well I enjoyed that cooking challenge quite a bit more than expected.

Anyway this episode didn't add too much to the mystery besides the ladle and a reference back to the stolen drink. Still, like the previous episodes the lively atmosphere was still there which is probably half the reason why I'm enjoying this arc as much as I am.

Looking forward to seeing which direction they take the mystery.
Jul 22, 2012 6:39 PM

Feb 2010
prismheart said:
This week's Iron Chef was pretty good.

xD

DAT COOKING CONTEST! Enjoyed it.

All 4 came through for the team :)
Jul 22, 2012 6:40 PM

Apr 2012
Really fun episode this week. It seems like this was the end of Oreki's trading business... unless he saved one of the bags of cookies.

Anyways who is Jumanji? And now another thing went missing... the Laddle from the WildFire cooking competition.

I wonder if Mayaka's manga will show up eventually as well...
Next weeks episode seems to involve the Ex-Newspaper editor and Chitanda in a room together. hmm... interesting
Jul 22, 2012 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
Loved this ep.

Felt like I was watching Master Chef or something lol. And I agree with everyone about this being the best school festival in any anime. Seriously, this is a school festival done right!

Man, Eru would make an amazing wife. Step up your game Oreki!

Also did anyone else notice Lelouch's VA? He was the guy that Satoshi was talking to early in the ep.
YveseJul 22, 2012 6:46 PM
Jul 22, 2012 7:02 PM

Apr 2012
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Felt like I was watching Master Chef or something lol. And I agree with everyone about this being the best school festival in any anime. Seriously, this is a school festival done right!

Also did anyone else notice Lelouch's VA? He was the guy that Satoshi was talking to early in the ep.

You mean the guy in the class room talking about the missing drink right?
Jul 22, 2012 7:04 PM

Sep 2007
Why is it that these episodes are more entertaining than the dull mystery arcs?
Jul 22, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Yea that guy.
Jul 22, 2012 7:12 PM
Jun 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Poor Chitanda not even noticing that Irisu just trolled her.

Well, that's not fair really. Everything Fuyumi told her was an honest answer to Eru's request. It just was on level well above anything Eru knows. It'll be interesting seeing her try to put that advice to use.
Jul 22, 2012 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Yea that guy.

I don't think it was Lelouch... or at least it didn't look enough like him.
Jul 22, 2012 7:23 PM

Nov 2008
And Oreki saves the day. I really was expecting him to go and deliver the flour himself, but this was good too.

Really nice episode.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 22, 2012 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Yea that guy.

He was talking about Lelouch's VA (Voice Actor) Not his actual looks
Jul 22, 2012 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
Tomodachi5 said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Yea that guy.

oh... I thought VA = Visual Appearance ... but that didn't really sound like him.... or maybe I'm used to him sounding more dramatic.
Jul 22, 2012 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
These festival episodes are definitely the best parts of this show. Since it seems another mystery is coming up, even though they're doing much better with the slice-of-life, I have a feeling I'll be disappointed once again. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Jul 22, 2012 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
Damn, Oreki getting all that stuff reminds me of all those trade quests in the Zelda games.
And I totally LOL'ed when the commentary guy said "Watashi Kirinarimasu!" Way to poke fun at your own anime, KyoAni!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2012 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
itsok2bu said:
Tomodachi5 said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Yea that guy.

oh... I thought VA = Visual Appearance ... but that didn't really sound like him.... or maybe I'm used to him sounding more dramatic.
If you listen closely it sounds just like him. Mazui even said there were 2 top seiyuu guest appearances this ep :P

Still not sure who's the second one though.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.