Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 25, 2012 2:26 PM

Feb 2012
Sawa is hot, seriously, she is too damn hot, I lover her face when she said baka to Konatsu. Little Konatsu was so adorable, I hope we get to see everyone when they were kids.

I'm loving the Mexican dudes, too bad we didn't get the whole song.

That cliffhanger at the end, I wonder what was written in the letter and if it gets her back to music.
Jul 25, 2012 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
Zhou said:
That cliffhanger at the end, I wonder what was written in the letter and if it gets her back to music.

I'd hope so as well that after Wakana will come back to music when she was told how much her mother loves music, and what's in that letter.

Since it's letter from her mother to Condor Queen's, I'd suspect it to say either:

---

In any case, what her mother said to Condor Queen's was very inspiring, in quote:

Whether healthy or sick...
Whether happy or sad,
I want to write songs that always fit.

As well as what the old guy said:
You can't give up music.
It's not something you do or don't do.
Music is a constant companion.
Even your heartbeat is music.
That's what your mother told us, long ago.
You can't quit.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Jul 25, 2012 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
tari tari is really good and the music is so relaxing. the plot is developing and i really hope wakana opens up more to the others and begins singing and music again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2012 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
sikandsak said:
Zhou said:

I'd hope so as well that after Wakana will come back to music when she was told how much her mother loves music, and what's in that letter.

Since it's letter from her mother to Condor Queen's, I'd suspect it to say either:

- probably not

- not really

- maybe and probably not

I would like to know what the letter said. I expect at least part of it was explaining the name, since Japanese names usually do mean something. Wakana, I have heard, means something like "play in harmony" (The first character 和 means harmony and the second 奏 means play in the sense of accompany mostly.)
Jul 25, 2012 8:21 PM

Jul 2012
zensunni said:
- probably not

- not really

- maybe and probably not
I must be on drug or something. I remembered now that her mother were singing with Wakana in EP2.

You made some good points there. Now I need to go back to a think about it again, or maybe just wait for another EP!

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Jul 25, 2012 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
I really hope we get to hear Wakana sing. D:
Jul 26, 2012 1:57 AM

Jan 2011
Damn I'm really loving Tari Tari. Music is great and the characters are so lovable. I loved the scene when all of the club members besides Wakana practiced singing the song and everyone that saw them doing that were like 'the hell?' xD

Wien's a pretty funny dude being a foreigner and trying to fit in. :D Taichi is quite the sports-nuts but he's starting to like singing. I like where this is going haha. Sawa is like a mother, she's so caring and helpful. Konatsu is such an airhead but is always so lively. However, Wakana's gotta be my favourite. Her past seems really interesting. Looking forward to see her shine in the next episodes. :)

Mechatastical said:

Same here. I'm sure it's gonna be awesome.
Jul 26, 2012 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
WHY IS THIS SHOW SO GOOD

I love everything about it <333
Jul 26, 2012 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
I like it! My rating for the show just went up to an 8. (:

One thing I don't like is that all the singers have the same ability, well for me. If Wakana turns out to be a good singer, it's just boring kind of. All the girls have similar voices - no distinction between Soprano, Alto, Mezzos, Contralto, you name it. I'd like to hear some different voices. Same with the guys.

Don't really like the songs they have at the moment. They all sing in unison and on the same note. Kinda soft. LOL I'm a crazy choir nerd. I'm a bit judgemental too. =p

Also, I think I can guess the pairings at the moment. It would be Sakai with Maeda and then Miyamoto with the Badminton dude...*checks page* Taichi.
I could be wrong, but it looks like that right now. ^^ I don't see Sawa with either boys. But there was a scene when Taichi's eyes went on her chest and then he looked away.
MayukaJul 26, 2012 5:30 PM
Jul 26, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
lindsayzzz said:
Mechatastical said:

I seriously hope that she will top Wakana and Konatsu!

Oh wait, after I looked at VA's profile (http://myanimelist.net/people/823/Ayahi_Takagaki) ... I can remember her voice from Natsuiro Kiseki. This is going to be awesome. (Try to find [Ashita he no Kaerimichi] from Sphere, you'll love it.)

meepsheep said:
One thing I don't like is that all the singers have the same ability, well for me. If Wakana turns out to be a good singer, it's just boring kind of. All the girls have similar voices - no distinction between Soprano, Alto, Mezzos, Contralto, you name it. I'd like to see some different voices.
I agreed with you. They're choir club after all, so I'd hope they have the whole range of voices.

By the way, because you're a choir nerd, I felt like in [Melody of the Heart] there were two voices/tones going on. Like, one person was high, the other one was low. Was that the case, or I got it wrong?
sikachuuuJul 26, 2012 5:33 PM

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Jul 27, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2011
At first when I watched this anime, I was bored to tears. Episodes 1 and 2 felt like it dragged on forever. The third episode picked up and this one just made me feel delighted. The characters have seemed to grow on me more and I'm actually starting to care about the story. Hopefully it keeps getting better.
Jul 28, 2012 1:34 AM

Aug 2011
Finally got around to watching this ep, and I loved it just as much as the rest. Wien is still a funny dude and I'm hoping for more of his cluelessness. He's adorable. Taichi is pretty boring, but we're not even halfway through the series so his time should be coming up soon.

Sawa is just....agh, I can't stop looking at her! She's definitely the cutie (coughcoughhottiecough) of the show but I'm not complaining, she earns it. Probably my favorite as of now too. Konatsu's cute in terms of personality, and I can't wait to see what happens with that letter Wakana received from the Spanish dude, although her depression is pretty much still a huge WTF so adding it was adding even more WTF. The guys were all awesome, but I thought the other two were Japanese and the "stalker" was the only Hispanic; I was pretty surprised, but it wasn't unwelcomed.

Thinking about the romance...I dunno, right now I don't want any couples (maybe in the future), but SawaxKonatsu is probably my most want right now. xD Or her and Wakana...yeah, I don't know why I want yuri/shoujo-ai/whatever, but hey, their interactions speak for themselves. I mean, the bitch teacher looks like she had a crush on Wakana's mom in the past! In the night scene I thought Sawa looked over to see Konatsu sleeping just to do it, but figured out it was because she was snoring. That was an epic LOL moment for me.

Overall this episode sparked so many emotions in me (mostly happiness) and I can't wait for some more of it in the next episode.

Jul 29, 2012 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
Wien definitively deserves a big thank you from Wakana for that.

It's not "just" that he tackled that guy. He decided all this on a moments notice, just because someone he barely knew (remember that even Konatsu called Wanaka by her last name until late in this episode, and vice versa) appeared to be chased by someone he didn't knew at all.

When you hear crazy stuff that happens all the time, the chance that someone does this is pretty low, people often enough do not even call the police, and he decided to risk his life (falling down stairs like that can end bad, and that guy is definitively bigger and stronger then Wien).

Besides this, i loved it when Sawa squeezed Konatsus cheeks, and then they both turned to see whats happening when Wanaka and the strange guy appeared - with Sawa still squeezing Konatsu.

Despite this, and having a ton of other nice scenes too, like always, this episode was slightly worse then the others. Not much, like 7.5+ (this) vs. 8 (the otehrs), but yeah..
Jul 30, 2012 3:09 AM

Sep 2010
>"uguu so sad imma cry"
>ED
>"FUCK"
Aug 2, 2012 8:52 AM

Jul 2010
sikandsak said:
lindsayzzz said:
Mechatastical said:

I seriously hope that she will top Wakana and Konatsu!

Oh wait, after I looked at VA's profile (http://myanimelist.net/people/823/Ayahi_Takagaki) ... I can remember her voice from Natsuiro Kiseki. This is going to be awesome. (Try to find [Ashita he no Kaerimichi] from Sphere, you'll love it.)

meepsheep said:
One thing I don't like is that all the singers have the same ability, well for me. If Wakana turns out to be a good singer, it's just boring kind of. All the girls have similar voices - no distinction between Soprano, Alto, Mezzos, Contralto, you name it. I'd like to see some different voices.
I agreed with you. They're choir club after all, so I'd hope they have the whole range of voices.

By the way, because you're a choir nerd, I felt like in [Melody of the Heart] there were two voices/tones going on. Like, one person was high, the other one was low. Was that the case, or I got it wrong?

In Melody of the Heart, Sawa's part ranges above and below the melody depending on the section. The harmony starts out with Sawa singing what sounds like a soprano line to Konatsu's alto lead, with her tone being very much a soprano tone and Konatsu's a definite alto. Later Sawa drops below the melody line, but her tone is still slightly more airy and soprano like. Basically, when the melody would transfer to the soprano line in a real choral arrangement, Sawa's part switches to the alto harmony. What I would really like to hear is a 4 part arrangement, with the melody line switching between the voices, including phrases with Wien's tenor and Taichi's baritone/bass taking the melody, as well as Wakana coming in with her amazing voice! (I am a big fan of Sphere! I can't wait for Wakana to finally sing! It will be stunning!)
Aug 2, 2012 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
zensunni said:
In Melody of the Heart, Sawa's part ranges above and below the melody depending on the section. The harmony starts out with Sawa singing what sounds like a soprano line to Konatsu's alto lead, with her tone being very much a soprano tone and Konatsu's a definite alto. Later Sawa drops below the melody line, but her tone is still slightly more airy and soprano like. Basically, when the melody would transfer to the soprano line in a real choral arrangement, Sawa's part switches to the alto harmony.
After read what you've said here, and listened to the song again, now I can distinguish between those two voice. Thank you so much!

zensunni said:
What I would really like to hear is a 4 part arrangement, with the melody line switching between the voices, including phrases with Wien's tenor and Taichi's baritone/bass taking the melody, as well as Wakana coming in with her amazing voice! (I am a big fan of Sphere! I can't wait for Wakana to finally sing! It will be stunning!)
Right, that would be *totally* awesome. I can't wait for hear all of them in that song, and also Wakana's voice! (Yes, I heard her voice before, and I know that it's going to be awesome.)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 16, 2012 3:03 PM

Aug 2008
It's good Konatsu has a good friend in Sawa to keep her grounded and focused on the things she needs to do.
Aug 17, 2012 5:58 AM

Oct 2011
That cat was faaaat. I've also noticed that in opening they move like a retards or dolls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2012 4:34 PM

Mar 2010
Singing music and listening to music can be wolrd difference of meaning, I am looking forward Wakana singing, and it was a pleasant episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 21, 2012 11:15 AM

Sep 2012
Wo. Wien is a man of action. He jumped out the taxi to grab the other guy Oo.
Oct 7, 2012 12:31 AM

Sep 2011
LOL!

Konatsu - Can I take a picture with you?
Kogara - No.

*takes picture* :D
Oct 16, 2012 1:25 AM
Oct 2012
Don't know what to say, very happy to be here, to meet a lot of good friends, also hope to be able to help others to solve some problems.Thank you.

In fact, I like to watch one piece.
The life you want, digital photo frame will give you satisfaction.Full of animation breath.
Trick or treat! Merry Christmas, it would be a good holiday.If you have a digital photo frame as a <a href="http://www.digitalframe8.com/blog/cheap-digital-photo-frame-14-1-inch-in-white-or-black-839.html">gift</a>
Oct 16, 2012 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
I don't know what's up with all the ass-spanking in this anime, but I'm sure as hell liking it :D Here's hoping for a yuri relationship :D
OriginANIME said:

Konatsu - Can I take a picture with you?
Kogara - No.

*takes picture* :D
That was so cute :)

I'm liking this anime more and more.
Oct 31, 2012 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
quite nice with the background and the old band that come straight from the past.

some characters have a brain that's good to see
Nov 12, 2012 12:08 AM
Nov 2012
Shit happens,but life goes on!
Fortunately, this world have catoon and caricature with us.
Dec 22, 2012 12:39 AM
Dec 2012
2012 how will come, sea poacher king also did not end.
Christmas is coming soon, hope you happy, of course, happy Christmas gift or to choose a digital photo frame, are interested can go to my blog to have a look.
Mar 2, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
I love the animation.
But it's alittle slow and boring for me.
Apr 30, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2011
Kurini said:
I rooting for Sawa X Taichi!

& Wien x Sakai...

... Why not Konatsu x little brother too then? lOl

Smack dat ass, it's in da family's blood XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 20, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2011
Picking back this anime up, the episode was cringe-worthy throughout.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 29, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
Really liked this one. :)
Mar 8, 2015 4:43 PM

Jun 2013
This is seriously too cute for words!
I am in love with Konatsu
Speak of Konatsu, God Sawa and her family are obssessed with smacking her on the ass lol
Sep 17, 2015 3:26 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode, let's see what's next!
Oct 10, 2015 2:37 PM

Jan 2012
Bad Spanish ,Sawa just stop already

Nov 26, 2015 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
I never knew putting a stuffed animal over a sleeping person's mouth would be so funny.
Jan 18, 2019 11:47 PM

Jan 2013
Getting some serious Glasslip vibes. Meaning, I'm bored out of my mind with this show.
Apr 17, 2020 7:45 PM

Feb 2018
Sawa is the best lol.
Sep 3, 2022 10:08 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I figured the one old man belonged with the group. It's nice to see Konatsu work instead of fangirl and she's actually making the best of it. Their voices also fit nicely together and it's fun to see parents all seemingly having a connection to music too.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

270 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

125 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.