Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2012 12:16 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It started out nice. The gore is good as in the spoiler
surely there is not much censors at first until some censors in the spoiler
that I did not expect but I guess there shall be some.

My first impression Jin and his fight to save Akemi in the spoiler
was pretty good. No problems there.

Did pretty well Akemi in the spoiler
she is one hot girl. Sadly they butchered a little of the real deal behind her story. IMO it’s due to it being brutal while furthermore encouraging conjugal violence. As proof this is the real deal behind her face wound in the spoiler
directly from the manga for non manga readers.
This is what was to happen. Instead they crammed in the fight with the bad guy at the end of the episode.

The bath was good too except for the censors in the spoiler
but I already knew that one. However the drama was amazing in the following,

Along with a nice render in the spoiler
that much I can say. AS nostalgic as the manga. That was done very good. Very amazing. One of the few example of bath drama done well. I am still surprised Akemi used to have a family in the spoiler
I never expected that one. While for those who want, the manga version of the bath not censored in the spoiler that’s why I was not surprised.

Zetman in full glory in the following,

well done, despite my low quality online. The fight was excellent too. A mix of nice art with good effects IMO.

So from what I can see, the evil mutation guy does attack them at the end. So they make him normal and attack Akemi in the spoiler
while he reveals his true form. Well that worked except it was less gory if it wsa done like in the manga. So they are making it softer. However the face changing in the spoiler
of Jin due to emotional power-up morphing of seeing Akemi rather badly hurt was another good part. They did it obviously better than the manga. I liked it better. Fight in general too.

Only RAGE problem I had is they butchered the grandpa death which was my first T_T and I could not come to it because they butchered it and made more softer. From the manga in the spoiler
he was killed by the evil bad guy except they skipped Jin fighting him at first due to saving him cause he wanted to suicide cause he was insane in the brain for killing many people. After that fight, then shit happens with grandpa. then he dies in the spoiler. I don’t get why take it off but sounds to me like RUSHING is obvious here.

Other than that it was well done. I am happy. They also crammed 13 chapters in this one episode. Rather insane but maybe they might make a S1 only. Too bad I wanted something along the lines of 24/26 episodes of this being as EPIC as Gantz but oh well.
Yumekichi11Apr 2, 2012 1:11 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 2, 2012 12:50 PM

Jan 2008
Well, 'steamy' censorship is what I noticed. People who are reading it, how is it compared to the manga so far?

Anyway, quite satisfied with this episode.

7/10

EDIT
Scratch it, read the 1st chapter for comparison. Manga 'rape' incoming. Cut there, change here... Guess they'll never learn.
kashimApr 2, 2012 12:55 PM

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 2, 2012 1:09 PM

Oct 2010
kashim said:
Well, 'steamy' censorship is what I noticed. People who are reading it, how is it compared to the manga so far?
I just did the comparing with some scenes. They are cramming it into maybe one season. Not good IMO. I feel RAGE from loads of fans from the manga incoming. Not good also.

Apr 2, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
Haven't read the manga so to me, it looks promising but it's only the first episode. Action scenes look very nice though.
Apr 2, 2012 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
Same, I haven't read the manga for this either but I'm somewhat impressed by this first episode. Lot of action and shit going down. I wonder if there will be fillers, hope not though.
Apr 2, 2012 3:33 PM

May 2010
very impressed by first episode. good stuff.
Apr 2, 2012 3:45 PM

Nov 2010
wish i didn't read the manga =/ but ill still try to watch it and hope for actual ecchi scenes.
Apr 2, 2012 3:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I was Okay until they started transforming. I'll give it a couple more episodes.
Apr 2, 2012 3:54 PM
Mar 2010
QueueQ said:
wish i didn't read the manga =/ but ill still try to watch it and hope for actual ecchi scenes.

Agreed :/ While the animation was pretty good, the way they changed certain events kinda ticked me off. I guess it's to be expected though since it's only a 13 ep series :/ I'll keep watching anyway.
Apr 2, 2012 3:56 PM

Aug 2011
Oh my god. That was one of the best first episodes I have ever seen. I was so glad that the woman didn't die, her relationship with Jin made me teary. I was anticipating this anime and it's definitely fulfilled my expectations and then some. I hope it will continue to be this good.
Apr 2, 2012 4:06 PM

Jun 2011
This is one hell of an opener for an anime. First episode was great I only hope it continues with this same pace.
The fight scenes were spectacular and there were some emotions thrown around into it that made it even better.
Apr 2, 2012 4:07 PM
Mar 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
kashim said:
I just did the comparing with some scenes. They are cramming it into maybe one season. Not good IMO. I feel RAGE from loads of fans from the manga incoming. Not good also.

yea, looks crammed. i mean the preview for epi 2 already have them as young adults.

but looks good so far
"....i am the villain in this story"
Apr 2, 2012 4:11 PM

Feb 2012
Zetman manga is one of the best long running series in my opinion.
Zetman anime is going to be epic shit but it won't hold up I think.

I'm glad they didn't cut out all of Jin's youth but the one thing (it has been ages since I started reading Zetman but this one I'm totally sure about) is that they twisted the story that it makes a major difference now: Jin and Kouga never met as children, Jin knows Konoha though. Now I'm not the guy who is good in reading hints and anticipating stuff but this is a huge turn, they will possibly build this show around those two which would shift the focus, friends drifting apart, meet years later, disagree, fight... crap like that but the ED makes me hope that isn't the case.

There is still the possibility they will end the anime like that but on the other hand I highly doubt it because the manga hasn't finished yet.
Here comes my other major concern: as Yumekichi says I can assure that they are rushing it and they are rushing it way too fast. You see, it took for example a lot of chapters till we saw Jin as an adult and Kouga meeting him (for his first time) during that fire which you could see in the preview at the end of this episode, Haitani is a rather late character but a very important one, Evol guy is too early (you still have to learn about Evol, don't worry) etc.

I'm highly sceptical on this one.
Apr 2, 2012 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
kashim said:

Scratch it, read the 1st chapter for comparison. Manga 'rape' incoming. Cut there, change here... Guess they'll never learn.

It's because TMS is in charge but also because they have to adapt it into 2 seasons with 13 episodes each
Apr 2, 2012 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No, but it's really bad compared to the manga. The manga is so good, but why TMS changed history.

The ending is awful. If you liked this first episode, go read the manga because it is thousand times more better
Apr 2, 2012 4:49 PM

Oct 2011
great .great.great.! this is my top pick for spring and it was one i realy wanted to watch!
Apr 2, 2012 4:53 PM

Nov 2011
I liked how they mixed the drama, action, and violence/gore in with a little fan-service that did not take into the route of the usual cliche.

Again, I'm impressed with first episode. Do want.
Apr 2, 2012 4:55 PM

Dec 2011
Glad I picked this up. This is now officially my Monday Anime.
This is really good. I wanna know more about these "Players".

I cried manly tears at that touching bathroom scene and the end.
I had a gut feeling that Akemi will take him as her son.
And it became true!

Now can't wait for more action. I will read the manga after the anime finishes airing to keep the suspense!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2012 5:12 PM
Dec 2009
lol.. i remember reading the manga, but at the time i read it, probably a few years back.. i found it dark for my tastes.. but what I read, I didn't even finish the protagonist's past when he was still a kid, and when I watched this.. can't believe they crammed it all in one episode, it did look decent.. its obvious they want to skip the long ass past, but i think i'm going to read the manga again from the very beginning.. especially since i don't remember the protagonist meeting those two kids yet... also i think the reason i stopped all of sudden was cause i felt that woman would die or get raped... but after seeing this.. i think she'll live as she raises him, guess i'm going to read the manga soon now that i'm older and probably won't be disturbed as much when i first read it in the past..
tag©.androgynous
Apr 2, 2012 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
i found the manga away more intense than the anime.
but it will be a good anime for sure :); those u haven't check the manga, i highly recommend it !
Apr 2, 2012 5:35 PM

Jul 2011
That... blew my expectations out the window. I'm glad that I decided to at least give the first episode a try. Very epic! I'm very impressed.

Plus two of my favorite voice actors show up! Romi Paku and Kaida Yuki! <3
And the lady is really cool. I really like her (usually, the females are annoying or whatnot).

I'm very glad I decided to check this out. Haven't read the manga, but have heard good things about it. I might decide to check it out after I finish the anime, since some of you are talking about it.

Ending... don't know what to think of that singing.

But 5/5 for the episode. Fairly epic. Especially the first encounter with the lady.

Edit:

Read first 4 chapters of the manga. The anime seems definitely rushed with lots of changes, but I still like it.
MirorinApr 2, 2012 5:58 PM
Apr 2, 2012 5:46 PM

Jun 2010
The cramming in this episode was astronomical but I'll bear with it for a bit. The ED made me chuckle. It made the ending seem lighthearted which was out of place...
Apr 2, 2012 5:47 PM

May 2009
I didn't expect it to be this good... just wow.
5/5
Apr 2, 2012 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
This is my replacement for Another on Mondays from now on
Apr 2, 2012 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
So glad that I saw the first episode aired today.

I really liked this episode.

Will definitely watch the next.
|ω・)
Apr 2, 2012 6:28 PM

Feb 2010
Woah, they changed many things from the manga and crammed a lot of stuff, but I was already expecting it since it's going to be just 13 episodes. The death of the grandfather, though, was more intense in the manga.
It was still good, and I'm already wanting the next episode.
Apr 2, 2012 6:36 PM

Apr 2010
Disliked it...
Art and animation are very good indeed but they changed it too much from the manga...
In the manga everything was more intense and sentimental, and the anime is way too fast paced because of the episode limit of 13.
I was hoping for an exact copy of the manga. I'll drop it so I can continue read Zetman in it's true form without being spoiled...
My advice is for you to read it, it's one of the best mangas I have been reading lately!
Apr 2, 2012 6:38 PM

Feb 2012
Seems very promising. I guess it's time to start the manga, since everyone is saying it's better.
Apr 2, 2012 7:55 PM
Apr 2011
this is good really emotional beginning and the action looks good to me. definitely interested in watching more really good start
Apr 2, 2012 8:31 PM

Dec 2010
the directing was meh ( ̄ー ̄)
gonna check the manga out someday
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 2, 2012 8:35 PM

Jul 2010
intense 1st episode, like it.

Apr 2, 2012 8:54 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty good episode, seems like it will be interesting. Have'nt seen the manga and probably will not even read it until all the anime airs.
Apr 2, 2012 8:57 PM

Feb 2012
I haven't even read the manga and I can say that this first episode felt overcrammed with content -- Gramps' death had no impact whatsoever and was just lost in the shuffle, and I even laughed a little at the spitting bit. And I also had to laugh at the token rich father who won't let his children associate with poor kids.

But that being said, there was a lot to like about this episode. Should get interesting once the story is fleshed out.
Apr 2, 2012 8:58 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Other than that it was well done. I am happy. They also crammed 13 chapters in this one episode. Rather insane but maybe they might make a S1 only. Too bad I wanted something along the lines of 24/26 episodes of this being as EPIC as Gantz but oh well.

That is insane but Zetman is a 2-cour series
Apr 2, 2012 9:07 PM
Jan 2012
I actually liked the direction they went with the show right now. All key scenes are there but all this happened in multiple chapters of the manga. The manga is recommendable but focus more on character development and plot over action and is still awesome (it's slow but feels great when there's a fight). For a translation to anime this was good and i even feel that it worked on it's favor. I will keep on watching for i love zetman when just a few chapters were released (really long time ago) and im happy it's getting a anime finally with awesome quality.
Apr 2, 2012 9:22 PM
Aug 2011
I don't understand why to do censoring if they already changed so much. Guess I won't be watching this shit and continue to read awesome manga.

P.S. I hate that many series is now discussed long before even raws come out, not to mention subs
Apr 2, 2012 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
DAMNNNNN! This was the show I was loooking forward to most this season!

Its looking promising! *O*

but HOPEFULLY I PRAY this will not just be one of those typical 13 episode animes! T.T
Apr 2, 2012 9:42 PM

Feb 2010
I thought that was pretty damn solid... I haven't read the manga, but now I want to. I love the dark themes and the ED was cool- got to see all the main characters grown. This is promising. Great start IMO.
Apr 2, 2012 9:50 PM

Mar 2009
Looking at Yumekichi's first post, it's a shame that it seems to be rushed(13 chapters in one episode?!) and is not as intense and brutal as the manga. I'll never understand why they continue to water down these violent seinen titles.

Not having read the manga, I'd say this was mostly a boring episode. It doesn't help that Romi Paku has, once again, been selected to voice a young boy. What should have been a dark and gritty first episode is ruined by her over-the-top acting, making it seem like a shonen. The same shit happened with Deadman Wonderland.

At least she won't be voicing the older version of the MC in the next episode, thankfully. Uhhh...I hope not? =\

I'll give it a few more episodes.
Apr 2, 2012 9:55 PM
Aug 2011
when you read manga you will realize that the anime isn't promising and solid at all. IMO it's the most disappointing adaptation in history (though it could become the most epic anime in history, but now it's just some shit for kids). They just turned seinen into shounen, and this is not cool
Apr 2, 2012 9:56 PM

May 2010
badass :P thats all i gotta comment on
Apr 2, 2012 9:58 PM
Apr 2011
i agree that they are screwing the seinen genre like crazy. i havent seen a good one in awhile so im hoping this helps with my need to see one. it looks good so far cause i has me wanting more
Apr 2, 2012 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
It seems like the non manga readers (myself included) are happier with the episode than those people who have read the source. Based on the scans Yumekichi posted it looks like there will be some significant differences (less ecchi, less gore) so be prepared. As for me, I think I'll watch through to the end and add this to my list of manga to eventually get around to reading. Sometimes it's better not to know just how awesome it could have been...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 2, 2012 11:00 PM

Oct 2010
azeriraz said:
kashim said:

It's because TMS is in charge but also because they have to adapt it into 2 seasons with 13 episodes each
Woah! So it is going to be like Gantz after all. NICE! That's not bad for news.

Apr 2, 2012 11:41 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
azeriraz said:
kashim said:

Woah! So it is going to be like Gantz after all. NICE! That's not bad for news.

it could be 2 or more seasons with 50+ episodes in each. But Instead we got some shit. That's not good at all
Apr 3, 2012 12:06 AM

Nov 2008
I wish the whores around here were that nice
Apr 3, 2012 12:11 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty good first episode!
I wont be quick and say I love it or anything. In the past shows that start out exciting have let me down later. I hope this show gets better and better!
I'm really glad that lady was alive at the end of the episode.
Apr 3, 2012 12:54 AM

Dec 2010
edowaado erurikku freakin' transformed LOOOOOOL
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 3, 2012 1:04 AM

Apr 2011
Enjoyed the first episode, some nice fanservice from the girl who adopted Our Hero (tho I wonder if we'll be seeing her again after the timeskip and we get the older Zetman), unfortunately blurred out. The gore didn't look like it was edited at least, so hopefully the "Blu-Ray goodies" will be just the occasional fanservice scene. I do hate that trend in current anime, to air only the most highly-censored and cut-up version to ensure people will buy (or pirate) the Blu-Ray, but if it helps their flagging sales I doubt they'll cease anytime soon.

Look forward to seeing the adult versions of everyone, and lots more classic-style beatdowns. I love the art in this show, it's got that 80's retro sort of feel to it but with the shiny-smoothness of modern computer anime.

EDIT: Wow, just read the manga-to-anime comparisons, they DEFINITELY changed the tone of the manga O_o Not sure that I approve, especially since they left in the tits, just blurred it to sell Blu-Rays. I hope it grows into the dark feel that the awesome ED sequence seemed to portray. Maybe they wanted to tone things down a little bit when he was a kid, to make his more brooding, badass look in the future contrast better. I'll keep watching and probably put this on my 'to-read' list.
Blind_GuardianApr 3, 2012 1:13 AM
Apr 3, 2012 1:30 AM

Jun 2010
Well this was... Unremarkable and quite frankly generic, the action scenes were nice and all but the pacing is every where, emotional scenes came off as too sudden, and the leading character was pretty much a shonen cut out.
Zetman is a huge meh, but I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it takes itself.

2.5/5 for this episode.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Zetman is very underrated !!!

iamKetranLang - Feb 11, 2018

7 by LenRea »»
Mar 20, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jenanime - Apr 23, 2012

60 by Eyth »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2012

137 by removed-user »»
Jan 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 4, 2012

53 by Abdf »»
Mar 11, 2022 4:33 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2012

73 by passa_p »»
Feb 15, 2020 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.