Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 13, 2012 1:22 PM
Aug 2010
I hate this kind of endings, and I suppose Negi ended up with Makie, and fuck you how is that Chisame ended up being a Hikkikomori.
Jun 16, 2012 7:14 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm apparently there was a possibility that outside reasons were affecting him to abruptly come to this almost brick wall of an ending.

If you look at this link it says something about Ken having said something in his twitter about how he's fighting some copyright debates?

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.ca/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html

Would explain a few things, but still I agree with a majority of the readers who are bothered with some unanswered questions. Like what happened to negis mother and who was that cloaked figure/small boy who was maybe part of nagis old past group (that little kid he called master) or was he at the grave temple tower that stopped the doll or whatever? Also what's the story about nagi and how he was put in the position that he was in/life enemy dude (how'd he turn bad).

Correction not some unanswered, SOOOOOoooooooooo many unanswered questions. Obviously it would anger many readers who felt that continuing reading would eventually answer the unknown, but nope they were denied that. Truly a sucky move lol. However, I really do hope that he continues something afterwards for this I don't really mind that he didn't chose anyone, but still there were a lot of things that were left in the dark that he teased us with lol.

Overall was a pretty nice series just wish explained some things before ending it that way. RL issues or not.
*COUGH*Where's his mom*COUGH!!*Who's that fricking tiny blonde dude in the group photo *COOOUGH HACK*
I'm just a deer
.....╚╩ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╩╝..... ╚╩ᶘᵒ̌ ᵜ ᵒ̌ᶅ╩╝.....╚╩ᶘᵒ̌ ࿄ ᵒ̌ᶅ╩╝.....╚╩ᶘ°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ ³ °̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ᶅ╩╝.....
I'm not food
If you want a reply leave a comment on profile.
Sorry if you see my emotes differently.
I'm on an iPad.

Aug 19, 2012 9:12 PM
May 2009
I was thinking maybe Negi is gay because Asuna referred to a same kind of person and asked how would that work IIRC in ch. 353. Then again, Negi has a descendant (natural one, I assume), and Kotarou, the only viable male partner, is married to a woman.
Aug 24, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Although i didn't like the ending with all its unanswered questions I still loved the story. I just wish that for some reason they will create an anime for this that actually follows the story since the manga has ended just like what happened with Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm pretty sure it would be popular.
Aug 24, 2012 5:16 PM

Nov 2011
^Yup, we need a true Negima adaptation :)
Aug 24, 2012 11:33 PM

Jun 2008
NJZanDatsu said:
^Yup, we need a true Negima adaptation :)
Signature Here.
Aug 25, 2012 10:19 AM
Mar 2010
I read the ending when i heard about the uproar erupting on the internet. I lost interest in the story long ago (in my country Negima's publication is still at volume 14), i expected something more like Love Hina, but even when i realized it wasn't like that i kept buying it because the story was fun. But now, i'm buying it only because i can't turn back at this point, but the story has lost any appeal, and the ending gave me the death blow. It feels like it got truncated.
Sep 4, 2012 4:47 AM

Jul 2008
So many emotional up's and down's, I wept here and there ; ; (Especially at the Asuna waking up in the future x.x)
I was putting off reading the ending but *sniff* It was lovely.
Class Rep!! I'll miss you!!!

PS:
I especially loved all the little passages that showed what each of he girls was doing in the future, really made it feel complete.
-KazuSep 4, 2012 4:57 AM
Sep 4, 2012 4:52 AM

Sep 2012
-Tsukkomi said:
Eh, I'm satisfied with Konoka & Setsuna :3

That said, Akamatsu told that was ended temporaly. So we can expect some kind of sequel in the future in a other timeline.

In this one it seems that Negi's wife will be Makie.
Oct 21, 2012 12:54 PM

Jun 2011
finaluprising95 said:
Although i didn't like the ending with all its unanswered questions I still loved the story. I just wish that for some reason they will create an anime for this that actually follows the story since the manga has ended just like what happened with Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm pretty sure it would be popular.

Yeah need anime that follows the manga. MSN actions are one of the best, infinitely.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 29, 2012 6:30 PM

May 2011
I just want one arc, one last arc, detailing how the hell he found his father, since that was like the first conflict in the series.
Nov 8, 2012 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
Natsu12345 said:
finaluprising95 said:

Yeah need anime that follows the manga. MSN actions are one of the best, infinitely.

I need! to see Negi vs Jack Rakan animated.
Jan 17, 2013 7:30 AM

Dec 2010
And I was still expecting something BIG to happen when i got the last volume of it from my local bookstore, and man, seriously a letdown.

Even if the author wanted to skip everything so that it'll reach its end, he still mustn't skip the part of how he find his parents. It was like he rushed it to an end so that he can take his own personal holiday from all the weekly release stress, and that is so not good for the fans of the series.

So no, 8/10 would be enough for this. Had it not for the ending, this series could have easily scored a 9/10 or even 10/10. Oh well,the T-virus ( Troll Virus ) has now even infected the manga industry.
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Jan 19, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2010
Well it was one hell of a fun ride (though I still need an answer or two about the Lifemaker).
co_flame said:
If it sells, it works.
Apr 11, 2013 9:25 AM

Apr 2009
Really should've been cut off two chapters earlier. Just throwing all the pointless disjointed stuff in left quite a bit of bad aftertaste.
May 9, 2013 6:22 PM

May 2007
A bit of a letdown, but not nearly as bad as I heard.

I really like that Konoka and Setsuna hooked up, I started rooting for them in volume 4 I think however....

Yeah who the heck did Negi hook up with? I think it is down to Nodoka, Yue, and the darkhorse Chisame and that is it, maybe Makie, maybe.
My anime list
May 30, 2013 11:44 PM
Apr 2013
Seriously, am i the only one that caught up on this? Makie called Nagi father and was all super nervous about meeting him, so that obviously means Negi was dating Makie at the end there!
How great would it be if Ken Akamatsu & Tite Kubo became friends and decided to release a Bleach-Negima! Cross-over?
Jun 3, 2013 12:29 AM

Jun 2008
IXI_JAM3S_IXI said:
Seriously, am i the only one that caught up on this? Makie called Nagi father and was all super nervous about meeting him, so that obviously means Negi was dating Makie at the end there!
But isn't it common practice for younger friends who is very close friends to call their friends' father, father? Well in Japanese of course. Otou-san being the word. Because calling Nagi by Nagi-san means she is real close with him, (ex: daily basis meeting and friends) and Springfield-san is rarely used in the manga, so Otou-san is the respectful way of greeting him. Granted she was the first to greet him, but Makie's nature just makes her nervous around his father because of course she likes Negi.

Also later it goes on stating "While gaining the frenetic support of her male students and colleagues, she is still focused on Negi. She looks forward to going up on days off in order to meet with her friends and Negi."

This shows she doesn't actually live with Negi or meets with him in a relationship manner. Negi is probably as thick headed as ever when it comes to something serious.
Signature Here.
Jul 5, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
I still feel that Makie is the one who ended up with Negi specifically for the reason she calls him father. Everyone else casually refers to him as "Nagi-san", but Makie is quite nervous in meeting Negi's father, hence why she calls him "otou-san".

On another note, I enjoyed Negima's ending specifically because it's a troll ending. It'll be great getting some of my other friends to read all 38 volumes only to have them flip the table on the last few chapters, bwahahaha!
Jul 14, 2013 10:59 AM
Jul 2013
Well after power reading this over a few weeks I have to say I was a tad disappointed like many over the abruptness of the ending but it does seem like an ending that was forced on by people other than the author.

It sort of felt like a fire emblem ending if anything which seemed appropriate considering how many game references they make. If anything it looked like that had enough material to keep it going for another 100 chapters with the search for Nagi but at the same time I suppose it would become stale with most fights simply being Negi powering up and winning.

I do feel pretty annoyed by the lack of whom he ended up with but at least Konoka and Setsuna getting together was a pleasant surprise even if Setsuna's little arc didn't actually go anyway in the last few chapters.
Sep 17, 2013 11:19 PM
Mar 2011
I had actually read the chapter when it came out but never commented. I've been re-reading it and just wanted to say, again, how let down I am by the ending.

It's on par with Mx0 for worst manga endings ever.
~"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."~
Terry Pratchett
Sep 17, 2013 11:25 PM

Mar 2012
Zephinism said:
I had actually read the chapter when it came out but never commented. I've been re-reading it and just wanted to say, again, how let down I am by the ending.

It's on par with Mx0 for worst manga endings ever.
Read UQ Holder bro it's the sequel of Negima and hopefully answer a lot of question.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 10, 2013 9:53 PM
Jun 2013
thank god i read this in just 2 days, i feel sorry for those who followed this manga for 9 years.
what an ending...

the whole things happened because Negi was looking for Nagi, and he just popped out at the ending >> makes me ROFL >> WHY DIDNT Ken JUST POP HIM OUT AT THE 1ST CHAPTER??? the end
the mum was forgotten >> dafuq?

but im happy seeing
yuri couple got married >> just priceless
and other couple got married as well

rempsDec 10, 2013 11:37 PM
Dec 30, 2013 12:46 AM
Dec 2013
Hmm, I read the chapter pretty late compared to most people, and was a bit surprised by the reception it got. So many "F**K YOU KEN" et al. out there haha.

Anyways, I thought the finale was a bit rushed, but still good overall. I can't believe how many people are up in arms about Ken making Chisame a Hikimori though in the last chapter. IMO, that's not a bad thing for her. After all, in Ch. 298, Chisame is not affected by the false Cosmo Entelechia of Zazie's sister (which supposedly telling us that her current Hikimori lifestyle actually is enough for her - much to her hilarious chagrin). Here is a link to that page:
http://mangafox.me/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v33/c298/4.html

Because of that earlier chapter, I actually think it's awesome how Ken uses Chisame and the other character blurbs in the final chapter to show how everyone has their own path to happiness.

I definitely agree that Ken shouldn't have thrown Negi's father in at the last second like it didn't need any further explanation. That was terrible. It would have even have been fine to say that Negi was still looking for his dad with Asuna and hoped to eventually find him, or some other shounen trope of sorts so it wouldn't seem quite so contrived, IMO. It would have made a nice walking into the sunset image ending at the least (preferably in color!).

The chapter had some nice moments. We at least learned some of the girls that Negi DIDNT choose *cough* Nodoka *cough* Bonus marks on this ending for Setsuna x Konoka and beautiful character designs for everyone's older forms though <3

So yeah, the ending was a bit lackluster, but come on guys, it still had its good points and it doesn't negate how nice the rest of the series was.

TLDR; loved the series and sad it's over !!
Sarland275Dec 30, 2013 12:59 AM
Jan 14, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
Yup a bit disappointing to end it with such a troll ending. But at the same time it holds the same troll feelling the manga had during non battle times. The ending sadly fits the manga.

With a bit of an optimistic view on the ending I can even vote for Makie to be the bride. Forgetting the nervous Father!!! and jealous of Yue parts, rather looking at her position in the group sceens (in the middle - assuming its next to Negi's position and also present in the panel of discovering Nagi beeing the special guest) and the seemingly non-heartbroken ending + most of Asuna's comments have an passing mark.

P.S. I hoped for Nodoka to be the lucky gal - would have been a nice and powerfull couple. What a shame but can settle wit Makie.
Oct 10, 2014 6:53 PM
Apr 2014
Nine pages of discussion and all of one person even bothered to do the research - I've lost all faith in myanimelist. For those who care about what happened (way too late), Kodansha tried to Fuck Akamatsu over and take all the rights from the manga from him. They also tried to outlaw Negima doujins, and Akamatsu is a former doujin artist so he really didn't like that. See TvTropes Torch The Franchise And Run page for details. NOW STOP BUGGING AKAMATSU, YOU GOT UQ HOLDER ALREADY
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jan 4, 2015 10:39 PM

Nov 2011
Welp, I figured they would do a timeskip. Good to know about their futures though rather than leaving the readers in the dark. Oh how I wished the anime adapted this faithfully..the manga is definitely imo better than the anime and the crappy remake. The finale felt a bit odd though and rushed.

Good thing there's still UQ Holder which will keep me busy. As for the series, rating it 7/10. Despite the cliches and gags going on, I found this additively entertaining.
Jan 12, 2015 6:33 PM
Dec 2014
wow.. troll to a whole new level. no words can express how shitty the ending is
Mar 10, 2015 1:43 AM

Jun 2014
Ok finally finished, troll ending. My final thoughts

It wasn't clear, but I think Negi chose Makie. She called Nagi a "father" and she was also nervous at their meeting. I was not much paying attention about her in the entire manga, but I just researched she's one of the most popular heroines early in the series based on the survey.
Asuna, Nonoka, Yue and Ayaka were already out of the shipping during Asuna's sleep. It was stated that Nonoka and Yue were broken hearted and Ayaka married someone.
Not a fan of same sex pairing, but Secchan x Konoka seems to happen. =( Konoka was my fave heroine, so I initially shipped for Negi x Konoka.

Well, so many things weren't explained.
6/10
blessofcurseMar 21, 2015 7:10 PM
Apr 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
going to give a 6/10. Shitty harem ending (everyone got a chance my ass.), nagi showed up (come on, really? after 356 chapters...), konoka and setsuna married each other (lol?).
Too many bad points to make a list. It was one of the few mangas i almost dropped...
May 21, 2015 11:31 PM

Aug 2012
I don't remember when I started to read Negima but it was probably early to mid-2013. Anyone who can read the post-date for this post, realizes it's mid-2015, meaning it took me about two years to finish this series. That should leave an indicator of how I felt about this series & by the way, 225 of those chapters were in this month, as part of my Manga May theme month. I'm really happy to have finally finished this series off, though I'm not yet done with the franchise as UQ Holder exists. But regardless, time to start my review on this part of the franchise.

Clearly the place to start is the story. Like any other battle shonen, this series was divided into many arcs. Unlike most battle shonen however it's arcs weren't always from of that genre (yes, I know shonen is a demographic, it's just easy to associate action series [intended for a younger audience] as battle shonen, since those series contain various tropes from eachother, we cool?). It's not unheard of for a series to introduce the action element at a later date as both Medaka Box & Yu Yu Hakusho did, the main difference for me here is that I liked Medaka Box & YYH pre-fights (heck, I might've liked YYH better in those stages). But unfortunately Negima starts off as a harem, which is quickly becoming my least favorite word in anime/manga.

The Child Teacher arc that begins the series is easily my least favorite in the manga. Look if you're a fan of the typical humor found here such as nudity & misunderstandings then you'll love it. Humor isn't always sexual in nature or Three's Company but a good amount of the time it is and I recall it being pretty rampant back then. Regardless, the series doesn't line up with my personal sense of humor, so it was just reading a bunch of unfunny gags for me. The second arc, Evangeline arc wasn't much better but I'd be lying to say I can remember much aside from the short Nagi stuff. Luckily, while reading the series (& several other long-runners [One Piece, Toriko & Medaka Box) I catalogue my rating for each arc. I gave the Child Teacher a 3 & the Evangeline a 4. The final arc I kept track of was the Kyoto Field Trip arc, which got a 7 & may have been the highlight of the series. It has its faults, several unfunny diversions & one of the least satisfying conclusions to an arc I've ever seen however this is when the series started hitting the direction that Ken wanted it to be from the get-go, a battle shonen. There are some unique powers & the fight with Kotarou at least was interesting & character-wise we saw some good development from Nodoka, one of my favorites. It also was the first time Asakura became prominent, another one of my favorites. One of the strongest points of this arc, & the next one, was it's length was relatively short.

There's not much to say about the Wilhelm arc, except that it probably features my favorite resolution to an arc in the series. This is mostly attributed to the other arcs featuring weak conclusion but this one wasn't to bad albeit being fairly standard shonen.

The last two arcs of the series go on forever. First up to bat it is the Mahora Festival, which is a little under 100 chapters in length. I think a lot of people in these threads consider this to be peak of Negima & I can see why. There's a lot of good stuff in here. The first half of the tournament was really strong, several off the side-stories thrown in throughout were entertaining & well-executed plus Ku:Nel Sanders added a lot of fun & intrigue into the series, as well as the first meaningful developments on the Nagi front. But the Chao arc that permeated throughout the tournament & dominated in the last third was, to put bluntly, boring. I've talked enough about this in an earlier discussion thread but outside of boredom, it was way too redundant with Negi's dilemma.

Finally we got the Magic World arc & even though I'm already sick of quickly recapping my brief thoughts on the series so far, I barely touched half of the series. Because the Magic World arc is about 167 chapters long, which is probably the longest arc I've seen in anything (beating out Chimera Ant by about 35 chapters). So much happens in this arc but I'll just quickly state that Negi vs. Rakan is the peak of Negima & the ending to the conflict was pretty bad. To be honest, once a bunch of other Averruncus where introduced I just kinda lost interest. Not necessarily because they were late introduction villains (not something I'm usually keen on) but because there introduction clearly only existed to make sure Negi had someone to curb when he got back. Though one of them was for Fate to curb since Negi's team fooled him pretty hard & he needed to look stronger than those guys for his battle with Negi to hold any weight. But the ending itself wasn't that fulfilling either, mainly the last-minute twist about Nagi that is never elaborated on or even acknowledged for longer than a page (Negi acknowledges it's him, next page until his last minute appearance in the final chapter, nobody ever brings this up again [it was irritating to say the least]). The last two chapters were especially pretty bad, focusing the penultimate chapter on a boring side-story about Yue is a decision that baffles me & the final chapter definitely suffered for it. The "Where are they Now?" ending was a pretty uninspired way to close off the series but mostly a boring slog to sit through & read everyone's finale.

One of the biggest problems with Negima's story is the sheer amount of chapters devoted to one or two side-characters that don't necessarily advance anything important. A lot of chapters come across a filler (though most of them aren't completely pointless) & while I appreciate trying to give screen-time to other characters, it gets annoying that the main plot is put hold on so frequently & it also makes the series pacing incredibly slow. The Magic World arc isn't 160+ chapters long because it had that much content in it, it's that long because of the amount of diversions taken there. People have commented in previous discussions how the plot didn't advance in four months of new chapters or that it took 70 chapters for anyone to figure out that Asuna may have been kidnapped & they've been travelling with a fake. Oddly enough though, when it comes to fights, the arc we skip pretty much every fight that Negi wasn't directly involved with. Of course, that's not entirely true but Mana/Zazie's sister barely got any screen time (we got Mana turning into a demon to confront her, Mana noticing Negi did something [I don't remember what he did, though I do remember Zazie's sister was not shown despite them still fighting] & the conclusion of the fight [this is a more egregious version of Mana/Kaede, since we actually saw combat in the interlude]). Despite being perhaps my favorite, Mana isn't a huge character in the grand scheme of things, Setsuna however is much more important but she got shafted almost as badly. Her fight with Tsukuyomi actually had build up towards it yet we only see snippets from it. It's odd that the series would skim a fight with character relevance to Setsuna yet focus an entire chapter on the characters taking a bath & getting molested.

Speaking of it's characters, none of them are anything too complex or brimming with depth but a handful of them certainly are likable, entertaining and/or badass. For me though, I found most characters boring at best (Negi was this for the longest time, though I think he grew out of it a bit in the Magic World arc). Outside of Mana & Asakura, all my favorites are outside his class, like Takamichi, Ku:Nel Sanders, Fate, Rakan, Nagi & Kotarou (Tosaka's cool too). Honestly, I developed a hatred for anyone character who had feelings for Negi, so right there I hate half of them right off the bat (Nodoka & Ayaka [to an extent] survived this by being two of the earliest examples).

Oh right, that reminds me, Negima is one of the most incestuous manga I've ever seen. Ayaka's love for Negi early on was implied to be a substitute for her dead little brother, although it's clearly sexual due to those nosebleeds & her pactio. All the shipping moments with Asuna & Negi get a little creepier when the series reveals their related and the most blatant case being Yuuna & her father (though, that's called out in-series as wrong). While I'm not really being fully serious here, I will say I do think the idea of all these teens trying to get in bed with a ten year old does bother me, part of the reason I didn't enjoy the beginning of the series.

God this has gone on for too long, the visuals were okay. Consistent but (usually) improving, the difference between chapter 1 & 335 is pretty huge in term of quality. However, the constant "fanservice" brings it down a bit for me & the lack of variety in faces is a downer too (at the very least, Ken admits he has a problem with this & it's not as noticeable as Oda's constant Nami's [though Oda has more notable exceptions). Character designs are varied enough, though there are certainly a lot of stinkers out there. For the most part, I didn't have any trouble transition from panel to panel during the action scenes, which is definitely a positive.

I've spent 1,500+ words on this series already & I certainly don't have the passion to go on for it. Considering it's the longest manga I've completed I figure I'd out to air out some of my thoughts, especially since pre-magical world most of the threads for this series were created by me. Overall, Negima gets a 6/10.
Jun 21, 2016 11:11 PM
May 2013
This was bad , well at least not as bad as that huge filler arc from 335.
I enjoyed it but the ending is unsatisfying .
Aug 26, 2016 12:56 PM
Aug 2016
I'm actually disappointed with the end. I just finished reading the last chapter and it was great journey although i had this feeling that it would end the way it it,but it didn't helped much because I'm still very disappointed. Whatever the story based on if there's a guy and a girl (in this girls) i much prefer a strong typical love story ending with guy and gitl getting together. After all this was harem i would have not surprised if Ken san would have allowed Negi to marry all his 30 Students except chao who is suppose to be his decendant. Ahhhh really really disappointed... I don't think will able to sleep soundly for sometime now. When harem is concerned i think Ichiban ushiro na daimaou had the best ending where the hero demon king married all 5 main heroins. Thats what i call perfect ending.
Nov 4, 2016 6:05 PM
Jul 2015
Before i read this i watch first the anime adaption of it,,, In the Anime that i watch im dissapointed .. The story plot in the anime adaption is kind of boring and im shock in the ending of the adaption.. He didnt achieve his goal to find his father or become a magister magi or a Master Mage

But when i read the manga its very cool and the story plot is so cool than the anime adaption..

Well the ending in Mahou Sensei Negima in manga im a little shock its kind of boring.. I didnt get to know who she really loves in this manga well i just think its Evangeline the Dark Master ... Well thats just my opinion.....

I want to ask something...
How did he find his Father, Nagi??
Is her Mother, Arika still alive???
In the end who did she love or marry???

I wish that this whole Chapter or Volume in manga will be animated. I think it will be cool and it will not dissapoint me than the other anime of Mahou Sensei Negima!

Well if i were to grade it 9/10

Im now rereading it again because i got bored of some other anime watching.. This is kind of nostalgic again... Wishing that this Whole Volume or Chapter will be animated whole of them
0-LelouchNov 6, 2016 3:08 AM
Sep 12, 2017 1:30 AM

Dec 2013
I feel like this final chapter skipped an arc. So many unanswered questions! I hope it gets addressed in the sequel.

A really fun ride overall with some enjoyable characters. Loved the over the top action as time went on.

Setsuna was best girl :)
Sep 13, 2017 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
For those who haven't kept up on UQ Holder, the question of who Negi ended up with has been answered (but I won't go spoiling that here!).
Dec 5, 2017 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
What a weird ending. Would been better without Nagi appearing out of nowhere tbh, but I guess his presence makes more sense emotionally than rationally.

Also, a lot of questions unanswered huh? How did Negi die in the alternate world?? You don't just throw that out there and blueball me with the answers, Akamatsu! Also, what happened to fucking Nagi?? If you're going to skip his arc at least give a small summary!

I hope UQ Holder answers at least some of these questions. sigh

I still loved 95% of it though, even with its flaws, so this ending is not enough to fuck me up.

7/10
removed-userDec 5, 2017 10:46 AM
Dec 17, 2017 1:35 AM

Jan 2014
fuck this, why it does to ended this way!??

who's the one Negi likes? damn I think they left it for the sequel. although I hoping for a harem end. at least we know that Chachamaru is his mistress.

so Nagi is back, I think my theory in the chapter 334 thread are more likely true.
too bad we don't get to see Negi's Mother (Arika) or how she died.

Eva couldn't be more happy than that, having a tea together with beloved Nagi, lol

Kotarou and Natsumi actually got together, good for them.

I am still curious who Ayaka married to and how Fate Tertium do after Negi completed the project. is he dissapear, or join the Ala Alba?

overall, it's 8/10 from me. it would be 9/10 if only they explain everything before ending the manga though.
AbyhapeDec 17, 2017 1:40 AM
Dec 20, 2017 6:57 AM

Jul 2016
Abyhape said:

Because the Kodansha forced Akamatsu to finished this manga quickly due to he offended them for not following their marketing rules.

But still if you readed UQ Holder! (Negima's sequel) official actual ending flashback of the Negima manga, that ending is even worse than this one due the ending to being half-asses without actual explanation on something else.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 20, 2017 7:02 AM
Dec 20, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Abyhape said:

Because the Kodansha forced Akamatsu to finished this manga quickly due to he offended them for not following their marketing rules.

i see, what is it all about? would you be kindly to explain in a simple way?
Dec 20, 2017 7:56 AM

Jul 2016
Abyhape said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Read this topic and it will answer your question: https://anime.astronerdboy.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html

Oh it's not marketing rules but a copyrights problem, sorry I miswritten the comment.
Dec 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Abyhape said:

Read this topic and it will answer your question: https://anime.astronerdboy.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html

Oh it's not marketing rules but a copyrights problem, sorry I miswritten the comment.

i see. whatever happened back then, I think Akamatsu gonna explain the unexplained things from Negima in the next series (UQ Holder), since it's the sequel (I haven't read it yet so I don't know).
Oct 20, 2018 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
Whilst not the worst rushed ending I've read, this certainly isn't good. At least the Fate conflict came to an end before the manga finished, at least there was resolution on that front. In terms of Nagi being the mage of beginnings and who Negi ends up with, guess I'll have to read UQ Holder for that (or browse the wiki). All in all, Negima was far better than I expected it to be. Written with a sense of passion and competence, it's clear that Akamatsu had a fairly decent idea of where he was taking his story (least till this bullshit). All in all, I'd say Negima was a good read, with decent characters, nice enough art, some decent jokes, far to much Ecchi, and a legitimately good fight every now and then.
Jul 3, 2022 12:10 AM
Jul 2019
A meh ending to a fantastic series that dropped my jaw more times than I can count. I have heard only negative things about UQ Holder so I will read it, probably hate it, and hope for an actual sequal some 10 years later.
Mar 26, 7:04 AM
Jan 2024
literally akamatsu was already throwing foreshadowing to cook uq holder, by the way there was a bit of a lesbian vibe between yue and nodoka or was it just me? I imagine not because I remember that for Nodoka a happy ending would be a threesome with Yue and Negi.
Tenes que cerrar estadio los genios hacen esto
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 24 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 19, 2023

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 19, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 46 Discussion

Deago - Jul 15, 2022

1 by KeyboardKlutz »»
Aug 19, 2022 11:39 AM

» Who he ends up with and how many

Radtoter - Sep 28, 2021

1 by asiank0ala »»
Jun 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 14 Discussion

R2 - Oct 27, 2017

1 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 1 Discussion

Vegaplus - Jan 5, 2011

4 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 1, 2021 7:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.